What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

Why did you close out the other one already?  Could have sat on it a month right?  
Yes, I had a lot more time but thought it more prudent to take my loss now.  I thought I could jump on a trend up.  It was a gamble and I lost.

Plus, lots of companies that I own reporting earnings this week. This trade makes more sense as a hedge. 

Visual of where we are in the bear market cycle.  34 consecutive weeks of more stocks lower than higher.  2008 has this beat, but we're getting close.
Interesting to look at a chart of time without the values, and just how unique this situation is right now.  Those big spikes after the huge troughs makes me want to be even more greedy while others are fearful. 

Then you see a little crack of a Covid Crash and how short that actually was.  Looks so minor without the value data.    

Capella said:
Did this for 30 shares at 190   :scared:
When was the last time they surprised HIGHER? Seems like years ago. 

FWIW I've owned NFLX for a very long time. 

@beef  Looks like I guessed wrong twice on SPXL/SPXS  :(   :lmao: :

Last edited by a moderator:
When was the last time they surprised HIGHER? Seems like years ago. 

FWIW I've owned NFLX for a very long time. 

@beef  Looks like I guessed wrong twice on SPXL/SPXS  :(   :lmao: :
That sucks man.  Is today some kind of big options covering day that is helping this boost?  I don't get the surge at all.  Tomorrow seems like it should be a "give some back" day, but w(ho)tf knows...

That sucks man.  Is today some kind of big options covering day that is helping this boost?  I don't get the surge at all.  Tomorrow seems like it should be a "give some back" day, but w(ho)tf knows...
Yes sir, certainly rotten.  I'm not sure myself about the rally unless this is finally a bottom forming.  I put an order in for some more SPXS as a further hedge against weaker guidance from earnings the next couple of weeks.  

Don't disagree with Cap doing it here but honestly this is my most hated cliche in investing/trading.

If anything people letting their losers run but not their winners is probably the #1 reason people go broke when trading OR investing.

I hear you GB, I really do.  Just trying to be supportive but your criticism is warranted and noted. 

As a matter of fact I started to watch Seinfeld last night.  Only what, three decades late?  Lol  Anyhow, George gets a tip (illegal insider tip) and convinces Jerry to buy some of the stock with him.  It immediately goes down, Jerry panics and sells.  All I could think, besides doing what they were doing could land them in jail, was NOOOO!!!! you've held for a couple of weeks and selling low?!  Bad idea. 

:lmao:  at the company they bought though.  They had a better way of televising opera. :lmao:

Don't disagree with Cap doing it here but honestly this is my most hated cliche in investing/trading.

If anything people letting their losers run but not their winners is probably the #1 reason people go broke when trading OR investing.
I know you aren’t speaking to me but I would like to provide a counterpoint here that Netflix is not a winner. 

I hope. Already have 60 other shares of it I am dutifully holding on to. 

I only have 20 left. At the peak was 150 I believe but kept trimming over the last 2-3 years to take care of some things.  Didn't like selling but in hindsight, worked out. For now.  Still on my radar.... 

I hear you GB, I really do.  Just trying to be supportive but your criticism is warranted and noted. 

As a matter of fact I started to watch Seinfeld last night.  Only what, three decades late?  Lol  Anyhow, George gets a tip (illegal insider tip) and convinces Jerry to buy some of the stock with him.  It immediately goes down, Jerry panics and sells.  All I could think, besides doing what they were doing could land them in jail, was NOOOO!!!! you've held for a couple of weeks and selling low?!  Bad idea. 

:lmao:  at the company they bought though.  They had a better way of televising opera. :lmao:
:lmao:

Underrated in this was Kramer's delight in Jerry's stock losing money.  My dad is like that.  Drives me nuts.  "Hey, I see your fantasy quarterback broke his knee, hahhahahaha".  What the hell, old man?

Drives me nuts!  "That Nike stock not really doing it for you, huh?  heh heh heh."  Dad, I'M YOUR SON!  You're SUPPOSED to root for me.  Jesus.

It is something about that generation in my experience. My father in-law does the same stuff.

My mom even did it to me earlier this year. We went on vacation to Mexico and she was totally against the idea of leaving the US when COVID was still a thing. When we got back she asked how our trip was and we said it was okay. ( We tried a different resort and it wasn't as good as the one we usually go to) The next words out of her mouth was " I told you not to go". I am convinced they would rather be right and us be miserable because of it then then be wrong and us have a favorable outcome. 

Users who are viewing this thread