What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stonk thread: we are so back! (1 Viewer)

KGB said:
I bet 10K on puts vs AMC.

Go down like the titanic sucka!
Wow.  Ballsy but love it.  They wouldn't have this valuation if they were packing theaters coast-to-coast. 

ETA

What did you buy?  Going to make my first option purchase here but for substantially less money. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I jumped in to AMC at 15 or so and made some money during the memeness.

But no one here can truly expect amc to be worth more than 5-10 bucks right?

I jumped in to AMC at 15 or so and made some money during the memeness.

But no one here can truly expect amc to be worth more than 5-10 bucks right?

I got in around you and made money but finally cut bait on my remaining shares last week.  I don't see it going over 40 again.  I still have a little GME, but I'm out of meme stocks for the most part.  It was a fun run.

Lot of heavy rumors around Jeff Bezos and Amazon right now...I don't try and play with other peoples money but I did point at one earlier this year where I felt like it was going to pop and that was DOGE when it was about 6-7-8 cents around the Super Bowl in my living room as my son explained to me what bitcoin was...his other biggest stock he plays with it seems is AMC and I think I would buy before Amazon gobbles it up and then it turns factual vs projected or proposed. 

FDA approval, Delta fire pushing more in to get vaccinated, less tolerance by the vaccinated being asked to wear masks is all going to lead to better days and I do believe Bezos will eventually buy this and people will regret not owning when they could. 

Lot of people bought it far less than it is now, i don't see it going back down to that $10-$15 range I've seen posted but that's just some thoughts from a no-nothing internet clown so please flush immediately  :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of heavy rumors around Jeff Bezos and Amazon right now...I don't try and play with other peoples money but I did point at one earlier this year where I felt like it was going to pop and that was DOGE when it was about 6-7-8 cents around the Super Bowl in my living room as my son explained to me what bitcoin was...his other biggest stock he plays with it seems is AMC and I think I would buy before Amazon gobbles it up and then it turns factual vs projected or proposed. 

FDA approval, Delta fire pushing more in to get vaccinated, less tolerance by the vaccinated being asked to wear masks is all going to lead to better days and I do believe Bezos will eventually buy this and people will regret not owning when they could. 

Lot of people bought it far less than it is now, i don't see it going back down to that $10-$15 range I've seen posted but that's just some thoughts from a no-nothing internet clown so please flush immediately  :banned:
AMC the movie chain? Why would Bezos, who’s not the CEO anymore, buy AMC? No idea what’s driving today other than retail investors driving up the price but AMC the movie chain is ridiculously overvalued by fundamentals. No company would buy them now and I see no real synergy at all with the meme AMC. Have you ever seen an Amazon fulfillment center? A movie theater is a zit on a gorilla’s in size.

There’s a reason why I’d never short these stocks and today is it. There is no fair value or fundamentals that make their market caps make sense, so it would be beyond dumb to buy AMC right now for any reason. They bought MGM for content. AMC doesn’t have that.

.... or, this latest run up presents another great opportunity to short this again. 

The question is, AMC or GME 

...or both

.... or, this latest run up presents another great opportunity to short this again. 

The question is, AMC or GME 

...or both

I am nearly certain the "meme" stocks are tethered to GME. If you believe in the GME turnaround and it's squeeze potential, it could be a losing proposition betting against AMC, KOSS, and BB because the same people super short against GME are likely holding long positions in all these memes in some kind of complex derivative (as insurance).

Both of our favorite stonks feel like they are on the edge of something big. We saw a big vertical move last month (both gained over 30%), and public chatter about then is picking up again. September could be special. 

I like you and Dodds and want you to make money but I just don't see what they can promise to keep this running.  Best guess it will be some "secret plan" to unlock profits that will be revealed at some later doubt. The recent plummet in crypto certainly can't help either.  Chewy has been getting beat up too. 

Best of luck to you and everyone else still holding. 

I like you and Dodds and want you to make money but I just don't see what they can promise to keep this running.  Best guess it will be some "secret plan" to unlock profits that will be revealed at some later doubt. The recent plummet in crypto certainly can't help either.  Chewy has been getting beat up too. 

I'm basing this on it being beaten down recently and resetting back to where it was a few weeks ago. Something about using some of their cash on hand could do that. 

You clearly have not been paying attention to what GameStop is transitioning into. This company is the next ecommerce giant. I no longer have price/date targets with this stock. Just up. Those that chose to short this stock are going to start feeling the pain as early as Thursday as the world wakes up to the new GameStop. 

Cohen wants the company to start selling more products related to gaming including computer hardware and accessories, TVs, cameras and headphones. This would allow GameStop to maintain its leadership in the gaming industry and enter the computer hardware and general consumer electronics industries which represents about a $2 trillion market, he said.
This sounds like a horrible plan.  Margin on hardware for resellers is virtually non-existent. 

Again, best of luck to you my friends. 

Except on AMC, @KGBand I need that to tank.  ;)

• Love
Reactions: KGB
You clearly have not been paying attention to what GameStop is transitioning into. This company is the next ecommerce giant. I no longer have price/date targets with this stock. Just up. Those that chose to short this stock are going to start feeling the pain as early as Thursday as the world wakes up to the new GameStop. 
Instead of constantly moving the goalposts, we're eliminating them completely. Smart.

"the next ecommerce giant" is a pretty damn big goalpost.
Buy selling hardware.  Had a friend that sold it B2B for CDW and mark up never exceeded 5%.

Only worse job was another GB that sold bottle caps.   He would quote millions at a time for (making up a number but it was this ridiculous) $0.0037 each.  Sometimes he would get it but more often than not would lose the bid for $0.0036 each.  He didn't stay long. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread