What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense** Weeks 14-16 FF Playoffs (1 Viewer)

chad in Indy said:
Have the Bills lost anybody of significance on defense past couple weeks?  I was planning on playing them against the putrid Browns, but Atl and GB are sitting on the waivers
Bills lost a big ugly on the DLine hence Teams running on them recently. Crowell set for another decent day

DocHolliday said:
The Bills should have a good day on both sides of the ball against Cleveland. The Bills D should rack up a few sacks and turnovers. 
With clear rumors that Buddy may be out, I expect that the Bills will rise up for a true player's coach and score a decisive victory.  This translates into def turnovers, and also has me putting Crowell on the bench.

With clear rumors that Buddy may be out, I expect that the Bills will rise up for a true player's coach and score a decisive victory.  This translates into def turnovers, and also has me putting Crowell on the bench.
Seems like Crowell is the only hope for CLE as they saw what Lev Bell did to them last week. I see a lot of Crowell early. Now, that would mean the game would be close as the game flow moves on. If Buffalo can get jumpstarted early, then I can see Buffalo strong on both sides of the ball. Enter RGIII and his inaccuracy coupled with sacks. The Bills are embarrassed and I am playing the D/ST this week with a strong degree of confidence. I expect a few sacks, a couple turnovers, and wouldn't it be nice to see a defensive TD!

MIA owners have to be waking up this morning feeling pretty darn good. They might be the reason you are moving on to the championship round? Nice work MIA D/ST owners!

Now, who else is the D/ST to own today or on MNF? I see a lot of ATL owners. I see KC, GB, HOU, BAL, and BUF owners being hopeful. I see those holding MIN hopeful. Then there is the NYG, DEN, CAR, or NE owners being hopeful. Maybe DET surprises?  Oh, Such a crapshoot, eh?

MIA owners have to be waking up this morning feeling pretty darn good. They might be the reason you are moving on to the championship round? Nice work MIA D/ST owners!

Now, who else is the D/ST to own today or on MNF? I see a lot of ATL owners. I see KC, GB, HOU, BAL, and BUF owners being hopeful. I see those holding MIN hopeful. Then there is the NYG, DEN, CAR, or NE owners being hopeful. Maybe DET surprises?  Oh, Such a crapshoot, eh?
I'm not that high on Vikes today. Take away Arizona a few weeks back and they haven't done much since early in the season.

Atlanta vs SF seems good but it might not be them shutting down SF as much as it is their defense getting a freebie. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not that high on Vikes today. Take away ATL a few weeks back and they haven't done much since early in the season.

Atlanta vs SF seems good but it might not be them shutting down SF as much as it is their defense getting a freebie. 
MoP, how do see the SF @ ATL game shaping up? Ryan is the consensus QB #1 or #2 with Rodgers. Edit: Cousins also a nice play at QB. No Julio, so Gabriel. Then Freeman and Coleman both seem to be good plays. You also like ATL D/ST? Seems like ATL will score a lot of points in this game. Does everybody get a piece?

MoP, how do see the SF @ ATL game shaping up? Ryan is the consensus QB #1 or #2 with Rodgers. No Julio, so Gabriel. Then Freeman and Coleman both seem to be good plays. You also like ATL D/ST? Seems like ATL will score a lot of points in this game. Does everybody get a piece?
Feels like a carbon copy of last week. They are trying to win a division and they are playing at a playoff level it seems. 

Depends on if SF can score more than 14-17 I guess. I see Hyde as a big ply this week on a lot of sites.

Feels like a carbon copy of last week. They are trying to win a division and they are playing at a playoff level it seems. 

Depends on if SF can score more than 14-17 I guess. I see Hyde as a big ply this week on a lot of sites.
I agree and not to hijack the purpose of this D/ST thread. Hyde is a very good play and he may very well get his. SF points 17 Over or Under? ATL points 30 Over or Under?

Vikings aren't exactly a streaming option, but with 3 starters on Indy O-line out and Moncrief out, they are a strong play.  I also like Buf, Hou, GB among possible streamers.  I am not as high on Atl as others are.

For those trying to lock up a Week 16 D before waivers close, who are you targeting? 16-team with not much on the WW. I have Oakland this week, and they're playing Indy next week. Just picked up Philly (vs NYG) and may also dump one more scrub for Tennessee (@Jax). I don't think either is a great option. Leaning Philly because they at least have talent, and Tenn's biggest weakness is Jax's (relative) strength. 

DST help:  Falcons vs SF or Packers vs Chi
I am having the same dilemma. Have both. Starting Atlanta now just based on rankings that I have read. If the weather in Chicago was worse I would probably go GB, but it is just real cold. Not sure how much it impacts the game. Snow and wind? GB for sure. 

Who are we looking at for Championship Weekend? SD will probably be a play because they're playing Cleveland, but I feel like they haven't been too good of a fantasy defense over the past few weeks. 

Any other favorites? 

Who are we looking at for Championship Weekend? SD will probably be a play because they're playing Cleveland, but I feel like they haven't been too good of a fantasy defense over the past few weeks. 

Any other favorites? 
Sd for me. No brainer.   They for pts of turnover and actually played oak tough yesterday 

I have Oakland and Philly, considering putting in a claim for Tenn. Classic streaming dilemma: Do you want the best D in a vacuum (Philly), the one most likely to win (Oak) or the one with the best matchup (Tenn)? Leaning Philly for the highest floor, but I don't feel great about it. 

Sd for me. No brainer.   They for pts of turnover and actually played oak tough yesterday 
I picked up SD in week 14 during playoff  bye. Planning to play this week over bills and Houston. They are a good D and Bosa has been a force. 

I have Oakland and Philly, considering putting in a claim for Tenn. Classic streaming dilemma: Do you want the best D in a vacuum (Philly), the one most likely to win (Oak) or the one with the best matchup (Tenn)? Leaning Philly for the highest floor, but I don't feel great about it. 
I am playing Tennessee, lot to play for.

I heard Jacksonville is starting Henne. Sounds like they're throwing in the towel. 

No Tenn or SD available for me. Considering Dallas at home against the Lions. Dallas D is coming together with 2 solid performances in a row. 

I am playing Tennessee, lot to play for.

I heard Jacksonville is starting Henne. Sounds like they're throwing in the towel. 
Hadn't heard that. That might change my calculus. The one thing that gives me pause about Tenn is that their strength (run D) is where Jax is already bad, but the Jags' relative strength is where Tenn absolutely sucks. Remember, in the first meeting Tenn thoroughly outplayed them, but Jax threw up a bunch of garbage points to kill the D's fantasy value. 

Titans Homer here. I'd caution using the Titans..It's a divisional away game AND everyone knows about our crap secondary...AND  our best and only corner, Jason McCourty got hurt last game

I have been holding NE all season and played them most weeks. This week is another of those weeks against the Jets.  Brady is going to go nuts against that secondary. Jets will be throwing all game which better lead to sacks and picks. 

Titans Homer here. I'd caution using the Titans..It's a divisional away game AND everyone knows about our crap secondary...AND  our best and only corner, Jason McCourty got hurt last game
Definitely good points. On the other hand, Bortles is regressing before our very eyes.

At this point, my choice is mostly between Tenn and Oakland, possibly Philly. Raiders have been playing pretty well lately, but Luck could easily go in there and drop 35 points on them. I feel like the fact that Bortles is good for a pick or two gives Tenn a higher floor. But I absolutely recognize I'm playing with fire by betting on a bad D.

Definitely good points. On the other hand, Bortles is regressing before our very eyes.

At this point, my choice is mostly between Tenn and Oakland, possibly Philly. Raiders have been playing pretty well lately, but Luck could easily go in there and drop 35 points on them. I feel like the fact that Bortles is good for a pick or two gives Tenn a higher floor. But I absolutely recognize I'm playing with fire by betting on a bad D.
They held the Chiefs scoreless in the second half. Made some huge plays. They're not a bad D anymore. 

I'm going with SD or CIN

Savage looked good for HOU last week but I like to attribute that to the backup QB wildcard factor (what teams plan defensively for a backup QB- we've seen so many times a backup goes in and does better than the starter, craps the bed the next game). 

Cleveland is a dumpster fire and SD D is a turn over machine. Seems like a good recipe. 

I will probably go with SD if I can, but CIN wouldn't be a bad home-run hitter this week either

Not too many good options, but here's what I have on the waiver wire. Who should I stream this weekend? I was thinking about picking up either GB or Miami

GB vs. MN

ATL @ CAR 

MIA @ BUF 

BUF vs. MIA

TEN @ JAX

HOU vs. CIN

CIN @ HOU

They held the Chiefs scoreless in the second half. Made some huge plays. They're not a bad D anymore. 
True, although KC was a much better match-up for them. It's a team that wants to run and, weirdly, didn't use their best passing weapon after the first play of the game. Jax, meanwhile, doesn't have much of a running game, but does have some WRs who can do damage.

Like I said, I may still end up starting them. But I'm not going to fool myself that they're good.

Not too many good options, but here's what I have on the waiver wire. Who should I stream this weekend? I was thinking about picking up either GB or Miami

GB vs. MN

ATL @ CAR 

MIA @ BUF 

BUF vs. MIA

TEN @ JAX

HOU vs. CIN

CIN @ HOU
In your situation would definitely go with GB. Of the three main criteria (good D, good match-up, likely to win) they're not slam dunks on any of them, but are solid on all three.

As for the others, anytime you're contemplating both sides in a match-up, it's probably a sign that you should just stay away.

True, although KC was a much better match-up for them. It's a team that wants to run and, weirdly, didn't use their best passing weapon after the first play of the game. Jax, meanwhile, doesn't have much of a running game, but does have some WRs who can do damage.

Like I said, I may still end up starting them. But I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that they're good.

I'm staying away from Tennessee. GB and SD are available. I have Minnesota and survived their zero. I think GB throttles Minny this week and I like the SD ,agh up but I've been burned before by a sexy D pickup on the road in a game neither team has anything to play for. 

I'm thinking Falcons @ Panthers (already own them) or picking up the Giants @ Philly. Tennessee homer in here scared me off of them. 

Giants without a doubt. Red-hot D with good match-up.
Don't be so sure here, I thought I was locked and loaded with Ravens D last week. They hit three points and didn't do much after that intital pick. The Phily O-Line manhadled ghem and they get their best lineman back this week. He's rusty but will be healthy.

Don't be so sure here, I thought I was locked and loaded with Ravens D last week. They hit three points and didn't do much after that intital pick. The Phily O-Line manhadled ghem and they get their best lineman back this week. He's rusty but will be healthy.
Oh, I'm never sure of any defensive match-up. But of the options he mentioned, Giants were clearly the best. All you can do is play the percentages and then cross your fingers.

First I was set on SD a cle.  On Papuan amazing matchup.  BUT what worries me is that they're out of it and really have very little to play for. 

I also have GB.   They play at home vs a horrible minn offense.  Gb defense is playing well lately and the team has a lot of playoff hopes on the line.  They have something to play for.   

Hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread