What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (2 Viewers)

Couple of foriegn flicks that were good

Warriors of Heaven and Earth

The Twilight Samurai
This is excellent. I'll check out Warriors...
La Jetee

60's French film that inspired 12 Monkeys. Only 28 minutes long. If short films would have been a category in the Great Film draft, this would have been an early round selection for me.
Thanks for the heads up, I love 12 Monkeys but just never got around to seeing this. It was very good, Its not for everyone, mostly still photographs. It was interesting to see how much of the imagery Gilliam incorporated for 12 Monkeys while expanding the plot.The Machinist is available now.

The Man from Earth

Interesting low budget film. It's going to be pulled from the instant streaming list in a few days. Warning, my wife was offended by anti-christian aspect. I was entertained.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Man from Earth

Interesting low budget film. It's going to be pulled from the instant streaming list in a few days. Warning, my wife was offended by anti-christian aspect. I was entertained.
This intrigued me.....so I checked out the films bio on Netflix........I'm positive I'll watch it later today. Thanks!

The Man from Earth

This intrigued me.....so I checked out the films bio on Netflix........I'm positive I'll watch it later today. Thanks!
I've heard nothing but rave reviews for this, still haven't gotten around to watching it though.

I just signed up for a free trial of Netflix two days ago, since I can now stream stuff to the Wii. I'd heard that not everything was available to watch instantly, but that's a huge understatement. I have to say I'm very disappointed with the selection and will probably end up canceling before the free trial ends. But :rolleyes: for the next few weeks anyway.

All of these are great that show up in my "Watch Again" list:

8 1/2

Amelie

The Big Lebowski

Arrested Development (All 3 seasons)

Black Adder

Caddyshack

Chappelle's Show

A Clockwork Orange

Coupling (The British version)

Dead Man's Shoes

District B13

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Excalibur

Fletch

Ghost in the Shell

Go

Inland Empire

The Jerk

LOST

The Machinist

Memento

Mulholland Dr.

Murder on the Orient Express

Ninja Scroll

Oldboy

Pan's Labyrinth

Raising Arizona

The Royal Tenenbaums

A Scanner Darkly

Seven Samurai

Up

Very Bad Things

What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

Wild at Heart

Yojimbo

Sanjuro

Audition

Barry Lyndon

The Basketball Diaries

Delicatessen

Donnie Darko

Dune

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

Fargo

Fright Night

The Great White Hype

Harold and Maude

The Jacket

The Last Dragon

Le Circle Rouge

My Left Foot

A Nightmare on Elm Street (The Original)

Ong Bak: Thai Warrior

Phantasm

Premonition

The Proposition

Revenge of the Nerds

Risky Business

Seems Like Old Times

Stand By Me

Stir Crazy

Synecdoche, New York

A Tale of Two Sisters

Taxi Driver

Three Extremes

War Games

Wildcats

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (The Original)

Altered States

Clash of the Titans (The Original)

Conan the Destroyer

Ichi the Killer

In the Mood for Love

Onibaba

Primer

Pulse (The Original)

Punch-Drunk Love

Roxanne

Solaris (The Original)

That should get you off to a pretty good start.

I watched The Machinist the other day. It was okay and worth a watch.

Christian Bale is a terribly overrated actor, IMO.

I find it surprising that such a big, most recently released movie like District 9 is already a watch instantly.

I watched The Machinist the other day. It was okay and worth a watch.

Christian Bale is a terribly overrated actor, IMO.
5/5 film.I'm ok with Bale having the overrated tag now that he seems to pop up in a new blockbuster franchise each month, but coming up this guy definitely paid his dues. He was terrific in the Machinist, The Prestige, and American Psycho. Terrific enough to earn a forever pass in my book.

I have far too many movies in my Queue, but can't seem to pare it down. Never know what's going to catch your eye I guess...

La Femme Nikita

The Twilight Samurai

The Vanishing

Legend of the Seeker: Season 1

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Solaris

Thirteen Days

Seven Pounds

Lifeboat

The Third Man

Bullitt

Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior

The Host

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Vanishing Point

The Omega Man

Carrier

In Cold Blood

World War II: When Lions Roared

Inland Empire

The Office

Quantum Leap

The Last Days of World War II

The Color of War

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

Saints and Soldiers

Cat Ballou

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

The Freshman

Doctor Who

Quantum Leap

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Amazing Stories: Season 1

MI-5

Interview with the Vampire

Flawless

The Evil Dead

The Constant Gardener

Sabotage

The Man Who Knew Too Much

Hopscotch

Cosmos: The Complete Collection

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

It Happened One Night

Niagara

A Streetcar Named Desire

East of Eden: Special Edition

Barry Lyndon

City of Joy

A Man for All Seasons

The Wind That Shakes the Barley

The Devil Came on Horseback

I Have Never Forgotten You

Paper Clips

The Goebbels Experiment

Sophie Scholl: The Final Days

Tell No One

Around the World in 80 Days

Time After Time

On the Waterfront

Of Mice and Men

Reagan: American Experience

The Long Way Home

Clash of the Titans

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Shakespeare in Love

Peaceful Warrior

The Proposition

How to Marry a Millionaire

Lady Vengeance

The Last Enemy

The Scarlet Pimpernel

10 Things I Hate About You

The Rape of Europa

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Escape from Sobibor

The King of Kong

The Guns of Navarone

Ballad of a Soldier

The Bicycle Thief

Grand Illusion

Au Revoir Les Enfants

The International

Akira Kurosawa's Dreams

Michael Collins

Electric Shadows

The Battleship Potemkin

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

The Apartment

Auschwitz: Inside the Nazi State

Robin Hood: Season 2

Robin Hood: Season 1

The Last Emperor

Being John Malkovich

Torchwood

Primeval

Rashomon

Ikiru

Yojimbo

Sanjuro

The Man Who Knew Too Much

Vertigo

The Odessa File

3:10 to Yuma

Tears of the Sun

Heist

Into the Woods

The Rules of the Game

M

Diabolique

Ugetsu

11:14

Tin Man

Fail-Safe

As Far as My Feet Will Carry Me

The Insider

Rebel Without a Cause: Special Edition

Silverado

Laurence Olivier's Hamlet

Les Miserables

Romeo + Juliet

The Dead Zone

Henry V

Bombing of Germany: American Experience

The Searchers

Seven Samurai

The Professionals

Fort Apache

Three Days of the Condor

All the President's Men

The Experiment

The X-Files

Torchwood

A Scanner Darkly

Blow

Cool Hand Luke

Heat

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Jason and the Argonauts

King Rat

The Pistol: The Birth of a Legend

A League of Their Own

Beavis and Butt-head Do America

Risky Business

The Sixth Sense

School Ties

Roswell

Friday Night Lights

Dead Like Me

The Man Who Wasn't There

Evil

Ken Burns: The Civil War

Ken Burns: The War

The Lady Vanishes

When We Left Earth

Fargo

The Fly 2

The Fly

Eight Legged Freaks

The Vanishing

The Pride of the Yankees

Liberty's Kids: The Complete Series

District 9

North Face

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
I just signed up for a free trial of Netflix two days ago, since I can now stream stuff to the Wii. I'd heard that not everything was available to watch instantly, but that's a huge understatement. I have to say I'm very disappointed with the selection and will probably end up canceling before the free trial ends. But :unsure: for the next few weeks anyway.
You have to view watch instantly as a supplement to their regular service, not a replacement.It's great for having something good to watch while you wait for the next disc to arrive. The disc is still how you're going to see the popular new releases though. Watch Instantly is more a "ohh, I always meant to watch that" or "cool, I haven't seen that in a long time" type of thing.If you're searching for particular titles, yes you probably will be disappointed in the selection (unless it's titles from this thread of course). Adding to the queue while browsing is the way to go.I currently have 113 movies in my regular queue, 97 in watch instantly. No overlap. For me, the selection in both is overwhelming.

I just watched the original The Inglorious Bastards for the first time. (I haven't seen last year's re-make either.) Basicly a WWII movie with a lot of 70s style and themes. It was entertaining enough despite a few plot inconsistencies.

Good Lord, I've just discovered Netflix "watch instantly" after buying a Sony blu-ray player. I'm beyond blown away. I've used it a couple of times on vacation with the laptop but jesus christ, it's everything, right there.

Already I have Munsters, Addams Family, Fawlty Towers and Chappelle Show to rewatch and Tudors, Spartacus, Dexter ready for a slow summer.

To know that if I get bored with Julie and Julia and can switch to Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song in only a matter of minutes is a great feeling.

Rampage

starts out slow first 30 minutes but picks up, worth a watch.

Bubba Ho-tep

Black-comedy with Bruce Campbell in it, ok if your bored.

I found the 1st season of "Leverage" to be really entertaining, enough to where I am starting the 2nd season on dvd.

Thumbs up to some of those already mentioned: Party Down, Archer, Spartacus, 2nd season of Legend of the Seeker.

Love that they have all the Buffy & Angel seasons available now too. I've seen all of those a million times but every once in a while I am bored and watch an episode again.

Liked "Merlin" although it's a little hokey and geared way too much to PG level viewership.

I watched a couple of low-budget zombie flix. Fido is a campy, dark comedy based in the 50's. After a zombie apocolypse a company has developed a collar that will keep zombies calm (as long as the light stays lit) People use zombies for all menial tasks and a family gets one that a kid befriends. Not as good as Shawn of the Dead but worth the watch.

Stink of Flesh is just a deranged film where a loner stumbles upon a creepy couple with a demented sister surrounded by the undead. Very over the top gore and situations. Can't really recommend it I fast forwarded through a lot.

I just signed up for a free trial of Netflix two days ago, since I can now stream stuff to the Wii. I'd heard that not everything was available to watch instantly, but that's a huge understatement. I have to say I'm very disappointed with the selection and will probably end up canceling before the free trial ends. But :lmao: for the next few weeks anyway.
You have to view watch instantly as a supplement to their regular service, not a replacement.It's great for having something good to watch while you wait for the next disc to arrive. The disc is still how you're going to see the popular new releases though. Watch Instantly is more a "ohh, I always meant to watch that" or "cool, I haven't seen that in a long time" type of thing.If you're searching for particular titles, yes you probably will be disappointed in the selection (unless it's titles from this thread of course). Adding to the queue while browsing is the way to go.I currently have 113 movies in my regular queue, 97 in watch instantly. No overlap. For me, the selection in both is overwhelming.
Big fan of the Starz play. Good stuff there. My DVD Q has 27 titles... my Instant Q has 127 (40 are Scooby Doo movies and Thomas the Tank Engine for my sons). Speaking of which, if you have kids... the instant stuff is gold. Scooby, Thomas, Elmo stuff, kids movies, etc.

Couple of Zombie movies that are worth a watch.

Boy eat girl, comedy/horror good fun show which I thought was better than Fido.

Severed Forest of the dead. Starts out slow(first 20 minutes) but the film was better than I expected. Ending

really sucks.

"The Damn United" will be available starting 7/8. I'll be moving that one from my regular queue to my instant queue. :blackdot:

The State: The Complete Series

:blackdot: Oh, hell yes! Didn't realize this was available.

I'm gonna dip my balls in it! And watch it. Definitely gonna watch it.

Severed Forest of the dead. Starts out slow(first 20 minutes) but the film was better than I expected. Ending

really sucks.
Severed was very good, I'll add Boy Eat Girl. I just watched Three...Extremes and now am gonna start the Vengance Trilogy (Sympathy, Oldboy, Lady)
The State: The Complete Series

:bag: Oh, hell yes! Didn't realize this was available.

I'm gonna dip my balls in it! And watch it. Definitely gonna watch it.
Loved The State "Ohhhh yeahhh" Thanks for the heads up!

Ong Bak 2 the begining this movie has nothing to do with the original. Ong Bak 2 takes place in the 1400's instead of the present day like the original. The action scenes are great, very good show.

Red Cliff Theatrical Version. It is half the size of the original version, directed by John Woo, have the original in my queue and look forward to watching it again. Outstanding show based on the novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which I haven't read but the movie was very good.

I just signed up for a free trial of Netflix two days ago, since I can now stream stuff to the Wii. I'd heard that not everything was available to watch instantly, but that's a huge understatement. I have to say I'm very disappointed with the selection and will probably end up canceling before the free trial ends. But :yawn: for the next few weeks anyway.
Big fan of the Starz play. Good stuff there. My DVD Q has 27 titles... my Instant Q has 127 (40 are Scooby Doo movies and Thomas the Tank Engine for my sons). Speaking of which, if you have kids... the instant stuff is gold. Scooby, Thomas, Elmo stuff, kids movies, etc.
:banned: Veggietales! Although my DVD queue still has 382 titles in it, most are TV series I didn't watch like Lost (also on instant), Wire, Heroes, 24... although a lot of those are now available on instant I still have them on DVD as I'll be traveling this summer and I'll bring them with me.

:bag: this thread as I'm currently in my two week trial. I'll probably keep it, even though I was slightly disappointed with the instantly available movies, but it costs the same as the Showtime package I just cancelled for DirecTV (which had about three watchable movies over the last six months), so it's a wash.

The Tick television series with Patrick Warburton in the title role just went on Netflix's "watch instantly" option. If you've never seen this quirky gem, check it out. :thumbup: :lmao:

impatiently waiting on Dexter Season 3 to go on streaming. Anybody have any idea when? Right now I'm just guessing it's when season 4 comes out for rental?

impatiently waiting on Dexter Season 3 to go on streaming. Anybody have any idea when? Right now I'm just guessing it's when season 4 comes out for rental?
You may already know this, but if you add it to your DVD Queue it will show a date in the Instant column if it's coming soon.

Watched Karate Kid yesterday. Forgot how good it was.

Has maybe one of the top 50 scenes in movie history. After slaving away for 4 days doing menial, tedious, mind-numbing tasks he complains. Only to realize as the scene progresses how much he has learned and how much his teacher really cares for him. That is the start of the father/son relationship that develops between these two. Hard to do the scene justice.

Midway through the first season of The Tudors. Damn, the actress that plays Anne Boleyn is so freakin' sexy.

My Brothers Keeper - Wild doc about these four uneducated hillbilly brothers who live together in a one room shack. One is accused of killing the other, and the doc follows the brothers and the townspeople around.
Good one. The most shocking thing about it (well, other than the twist towards the end) was where it happened. I was certain that had to be Kentucky or West Virginia.

Too lazy to go through the whole thread to see if it has been mentioned.......but, "The Legend of 1900" is phenomenal. I actually fell asleep last night before seeing the very end (it was very late and I just passed out....) so I'm going to watch the final 25 minutes or so right now.....but to tell the truth, I really don't care how it ends because the movie is something special. It stars Tim Roth, who portrays Cal Lightman in Fox's "Lie to Me".

I would seriously recommend The Legend of 1900.

really sucks.
If we're talking zombie movies I watched Dead SnowA group of Norwegian friends get the scariest history lesson of their lives during a weekend getaway to the snowy town of Øksfjord, where the party is interrupted by throngs of Nazi zombies who once occupied the area. Armed with a machine-gun-equipped snowmobile, the gang fights for survival in director Tommy Wirkola's quirky horror, shot on location in the mountains of Norway.

First off the whole movie is in subtitles so if that bothers you don't watch it. Not a bad movie, but the scenery is amazing (also I actually mean the scenery and not the girls).

really sucks.
If we're talking zombie movies I watched Dead SnowA group of Norwegian friends get the scariest history lesson of their lives during a weekend getaway to the snowy town of Øksfjord, where the party is interrupted by throngs of Nazi zombies who once occupied the area. Armed with a machine-gun-equipped snowmobile, the gang fights for survival in director Tommy Wirkola's quirky horror, shot on location in the mountains of Norway.

First off the whole movie is in subtitles so if that bothers you don't watch it. Not a bad movie, but the scenery is amazing (also I actually mean the scenery and not the girls).
Seen it it was good to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread