What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (5 Viewers)

Loudermilk (season one only) - 7/10.
Just started watching it and Loudermilk reminds me of Pete from The League (just his look). It took me a few episodes to finally place why the guy looked so familiar. I know they are two different guys and I never thought the actors looked alike but for some reason Loudermilk looks like Pete.

Reactions: Zow
Didn’t care for the ending.
:goodposting:

I also finished this series yesterday and it's typical Coben material. Was enjoyable but I was also not a fan of the ending.
Daughter was about 3 yrs old….”15 yrs later” having a baby. So she had that baby at 18 yrs old?
I believe it said "18 years later" so she would have been 21
We're talking about the age gap between the oldest half-brother and the older sister?

Really enjoying season 2 of Reacher so far( just finished episode 4).
Storyline was a slow burn to the why which was great to see.

Most shows would have rushed the why, but they built it up pretty well. :thumbup:
No drop off in season 2 at all.
I'm through episode four and I still prefer season one - I think because I really enjoyed the supporting leads and I didn't know much about the character so I was enjoying learning his traits (I never watched the Cruise movie or read the books). That said, the production, writing, and pure fun this second season is still there.
She called him a kaiju.

Thanks for all the Letterkenny talk. I started it last night after the Superbowl and laughed until I hyperventilated during the opening scene. Talk about coming out strong.
Found this show by chance from a short video on Facebook. Never even heard of it. That was less than 48 hours ago. I’m on season 3.
WELL let me tell ya something......

When you plow through here be sure to then go onto SHoresy spinoff.
I'm wearing my property of sutherland bulldogs sweatshirt as we speak
Sudbury

Thanks for all the Letterkenny talk. I started it last night after the Superbowl and laughed until I hyperventilated during the opening scene. Talk about coming out strong.
Found this show by chance from a short video on Facebook. Never even heard of it. That was less than 48 hours ago. I’m on season 3.
WELL let me tell ya something......

When you plow through here be sure to then go onto SHoresy spinoff.
I'm wearing my property of sutherland bulldogs sweatshirt as we speak
Sudbury
Oops...not sure what I was thinking of lol

I also finished this series yesterday and it's typical Coben material. Was enjoyable but I was also not a fan of the ending.
Daughter was about 3 yrs old….”15 yrs later” having a baby. So she had that baby at 18 yrs old?
We're talking about the age gap between the oldest half-brother and the older sister?
No. After the denouement, they had a "## years later" scene to show where the survivors were ## years later. Offdee was questioning if it was 15, that made the new mother only 18 (because she was around 3 during the show), but I'm pretty sure it was "18 years later" making her 21.

p.s. Not sure if I used denouement correctly there

Reactions: Zow

No. After the denouement, they had a "## years later" scene to show where the survivors were ## years later. Offdee was questioning if it was 15, that made the new mother only 18 (because she was around 3 during the show), but I'm pretty sure it was "18 years later" making her 21.

p.s. Not sure if I used denouement correctly there
Ah, thanks.

Well, again, this just goes to show that these Coben series escape my brain immediately after viewing.

Saw an ad for Monsieur Spade on AMC. Starts Sunday and stars Clive Owen. Set in 1963, Sam Spade is 60 and living in the South of France.

Looks good to me and worth checking out.

Episode 1 of Monsieur Spade was on the slow side but had to introduce a lot of characters and backstory.

Clive Owen was uncanny as Spade. He avoids doing a Bogart impersonation but he nails the rhythm and intonation of the film Spade.

Saw an ad for Monsieur Spade on AMC. Starts Sunday and stars Clive Owen. Set in 1963, Sam Spade is 60 and living in the South of France.

Looks good to me and worth checking out.

Episode 1 of Monsieur Spade was on the slow side but had to introduce a lot of characters and backstory.

Clive Owen was uncanny as Spade. He avoids doing a Bogart impersonation but he nails the rhythm and intonation of the film Spade.
Very slow. I couldn't stay awake. Paused midway through and will try to finish it later.

It did move slow, but on a consistent trajectory so it was easy to follow. Owen was very good.

Borrowed my brother's Peacock account to watch the Dolphins/Chiefs game last weekend. Browsing through it Monday night looking for something to watch and stumbled across Twisted Metal, and watched the whole first season in two nights. It was really fun, not a great show by any means but it didn't take itself too seriously and it's got a couple recognizable actors in it. I never played the video game but now I kinda want to.

I finally started Peacemaker (Max) and am enjoying it. I think I only have one episode to go.

I haven't seen Suicide Squad, but they recapped a bit at the beginning. I doubt I'm missing much from that angle.

Borrowed my brother's Peacock account to watch the Dolphins/Chiefs game last weekend. Browsing through it Monday night looking for something to watch and stumbled across Twisted Metal, and watched the whole first season in two nights. It was really fun, not a great show by any means but it didn't take itself too seriously and it's got a couple recognizable actors in it. I never played the video game but now I kinda want to.
I watched that one as well... And agree with everything you wrote.

I finally started Peacemaker (Max) and am enjoying it. I think I only have one episode to go.

I haven't seen Suicide Squad, but they recapped a bit at the beginning. I doubt I'm missing much from that angle.
Youre not but you should probably watch the second Suicide Squad. Hilarious just like Peacemaker.

Video game was fun. I wasn't a big gamer, but that was one of the few that I enjoyed.

Peacemaker was great fun. Reminds me of The Boys.

Another vote for Bookie on HBO - good, not great. Has potential, but it fell off a bit the last 2 episodes due to focusing on the marital problems. I think it works best when it's more episodic "problem of the week" kind of focused rather than the longer character arc stuff.

Another vote for Bookie on HBO - good, not great. Has potential, but it fell off a bit the last 2 episodes due to focusing on the marital problems. I think it works best when it's more episodic "problem of the week" kind of focused rather than the longer character arc stuff.
Agree completely.

Wrapped up the latest season of For All Mankind. Mostly MEH, but the good parts are still pretty good. I'll keep watching. Season 5 is already confirmed, so get ready for more ridiculous aging makeup.

Tokyo Vice (HBO Max)

Season 1 has been around for a bit; Season 2 begins streaming on Feb 8.
I just happened to stumble upon this through a pop-up ad while viewing something else.
I'm only two episodes in, so I'll give another comment when I complete season 1, so far, I like it a lot.
It's well produced, written and acted. There is a bit of Japanese language captioning, but it's not hard to follow.

So far what I've seen, this is a somewhat dark drama based on an American working as an entry level journalist on the crime beat for the local an all-Japanese newspaper and all the hijinks that follow.

Has anyone else watched? Any opinions? Hoping it keeps a favorable trajectory.

Tokyo Vice (HBO Max)

I just happened to stumble upon this through a pop-up ad while viewing something else.
I'm only two episodes in, so I'll give another comment when I complete season 1, so far, I like it a lot.
It's well produced, written and acted. There is a bit of Japanese language captioning, but it's not hard to follow.

So far what I've seen, this is a somewhat dark drama based on an American working as an entry level journalist on the crime beat for the local an all-Japanese newspaper and all the hijinks that follow.

I liked it a lot

Tokyo Vice (HBO Max)

I thought it was fantastic and I'm glad Season 2 is right around the corner. I'm a sucker for mob story lines and the yakuza do not disappoint.

Tokyo Vice (HBO Max)

I liked it alot.

So apparently I need to give Tokyo Vice another shot. I remember trying it a couple of years ago but only watched like the first half of the first episode, didn't love it, so I bailed.

Loudermilk is now available on Netflix. Really solid dark comedy from a few years back. Ron Livingston runs an AA type group. 3 seasons.
Good show. I like the short episodes. There are parts that are a bit over the top, but some of the AA commentary is hilarious. I've caught myself literally LOL a couple of times, and that doesn't happen often from TV. I've really become a fan of Livingston... Between Office Space, Band of Brothers, and this show, I think he's solid.

I watched and loved the first episode of Silo last night. I didn't know it was based on the book series. :bag:
Just FYI the first two episodes are by far the best. You need to be aware that it dips a bit the rest of the season - though the last episode is good.

For any of you with kids, mine is loving Percy Jackson and the Olympians on Disney+. She read the books and told me how bad the movies were but she does love the series.
I saw a couple of the episodes and they seemed ok.

Have seen the first 3 episodes and thought they were good. The show is missing something I can’t put my finger on but giving it time to find its feet. It is indeed much closer to the books than the abominations that were the two movies which makes it pretty good all on its own.

For any of you with kids, mine is loving Percy Jackson and the Olympians on Disney+. She read the books and told me how bad the movies were but she does love the series.
I saw a couple of the episodes and they seemed ok.

Have seen the first 3 episodes and thought they were good. The show is missing something I can’t put my finger on but giving it time to find its feet. It is indeed much closer to the books than the abominations that were the two movies which makes it pretty good all on its own.
I have seen them all so far and I agree. Definitely missing something. It's decent, and WAY better than the movies. Like so many movies/shows lately, I don't LOVE the casting. Especially Percy.

Reacher finale was enjoyable.. But the helicopter scene was Ridiculous!!

Had plenty of time in the helicopter before everyone got in to break free, but finds the strength then, and hanging on while getting kicked in the ribs.. :lmao:

Otherwise I enjoyed the storyline and the season.. Looking forward to season 3
Special effects were a big woof too

Watching American Nightmare on NFLX.

I hope that couple sues law enforcement for a hundred billion dollars. What a bunch of incompetent, cocky, arrogant bullies.

NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER TALK TO LAW ENFORCEMENT WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY.

My god......I'm going to make sure all my kids know this. Call me first, don't talk to the cops. Ever.

So mad.

Watching American Nightmare on NFLX.

I hope that couple sues law enforcement for a hundred billion dollars. What a bunch of incompetent, cocky, arrogant bullies.

NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER TALK TO LAW ENFORCEMENT WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY.

My god......I'm going to make sure all my kids know this. Call me first, don't talk to the cops. Ever.

So mad.

We're probably going to watch this tonight after football. A friend who watched it last night highly recommended it. I predict lots of Mr. krista yelling at the TV, based on your post.

Users who are viewing this thread