What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

You hit on all the good stuff here.

1) Watching faces hit the hard surfaces is the best. So much fun to watch.

2) I couldn't BELIEVE that dude didn't grab her leg. After all she had done for him.

3) Where do they go???
This is like a team version of WipeOut. Those were the days...

Finally got around to watching Sharp Objects on HBO.   Just 3 episodes in, but really like it.   I searched and saw that there was a short thread for that, so when I finish I will dip in there.  I was in there long enough to see the grumbles about it being slow.  :lol:    Not sure what people watch normally or what they expect from a dark drama like that.  

Finally got around to watching Sharp Objects on HBO.   Just 3 episodes in, but really like it.   I searched and saw that there was a short thread for that, so when I finish I will dip in there.  I was in there long enough to see the grumbles about it being slow.  :lol:    Not sure what people watch normally or what they expect from a dark drama like that.  
I got through a lot of staring at clinking ice cubes in highball glass... maybe three episodes... before pulling the plug. didn't feel like I was seeing anything new- in spite of it being well crafted and acted. 

I got through a lot of staring at clinking ice cubes in highball glass... maybe three episodes... before pulling the plug. didn't feel like I was seeing anything new- in spite of it being well crafted and acted. 
Huh.  I was hooked from the get-go.  Love the characters and look of the show.  

I thought it was awesome.

I thought it was awesome.
Ending was great.  Imo one of the better shows or mini-series I've watched in a bit.  There was one episode in the middle that spun its wheels a bit, but overall I loved it.  

We all like what we like, but I was surprised at some of the "meh" posts or "it's too slow" posts in the threads.  Especially when you juxtapose those with posts of shows in here that look like total junk.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Ending was great.  Imo one of the better shows or mini-series I've watched in a bit.  There was one episode in the middle that spun its wheels a bit, but overall I loved it.  

We all like what we like, but I was surprised at some of the "meh" posts or "it's too slow" posts in the threads.  Especially when you juxtapose those with posts of shows in here that look like total junk.  
fwiw- I didn't find it too slow... hope you're not referencing me there.

I feel like I don't need to see southern style american gothic drunk family class/town struggle... then again, I've been trying to reread absalom absalom for the last 5 years without success, so maybe it's me.

fwiw- I didn't find it too slow... hope you're not referencing me there.

I feel like I don't need to see southern style american gothic drunk family class/town struggle... then again, I've been trying to reread absalom absalom for the last 5 years without success, so maybe it's me.
No, no.  That was toward the handful of posts in the Sharp Objects thread that were talking about the slow pace.    Fair enough with the bolded.   Just seems like that we are more alike than not when I see your posts in the TV portions of the FFA, but we can't agree on everything.  That is what this was, but thought it was really well made and acted, and that will pull me in every time.   Took a small book and was able to stretch it to 8 episodes without it suffering.  I think I was hesitant after my experience with The Outsider on HBO, and I as very pleasantly surprised here.    

Next up is either Dark or something else on HBO that I have been meaning to get to.  

I also tried an episode of Love Life on HBO today.  I usually like most of what Anna Kendrick is in, so thought I would give it a shot.   It wasn't bad, but the voiceover and the How I Met Your Mother vibe I got is telling me I probably don't need to explore it too much more.   Just had 30mins to kill and thought I would give it a look.  

No, no.  That was toward the handful of posts in the Sharp Objects thread that were talking about the slow pace.    Fair enough with the bolded.   Just seems like that we are more alike than not when I see your posts in the TV portions of the FFA, but we can't agree on everything.  That is what this was, but thought it was really well made and acted, and that will pull me in every time.   Took a small book and was able to stretch it to 8 episodes without it suffering.  I think I was hesitant after my experience with The Outsider on HBO, and I as very pleasantly surprised here.    

Next up is either Dark or something else on HBO that I have been meaning to get to.  
Dark is good. Babylon Berlin too.

Dark is good. Babylon Berlin too.
I'm still waiting to hear from you about my rec.

Btw, finished both seasons of Suburra tonight. Absolutely incredible show. Season 3 coming out this year and I can't wait.

Top 5 show all time for me already. Likely top 3.

I'm still waiting to hear from you about my rec.

Btw, finished both seasons of Suburra tonight. Absolutely incredible show. Season 3 coming out this year and I can't wait.

Top 5 show all time for me already. Likely top 3.
Haven't gotten to it yet...but looking forward to it.

bcat01 said:
Floor is Lava is great
After 1 episode I texted 2 of my buddies I’ve known my whole life and said “so we’re definitely applying to be on Season 2 when it happens, right?”

KarmaPolice said:
I also tried an episode of Love Life on HBO today.  I usually like most of what Anna Kendrick is in, so thought I would give it a shot.   It wasn't bad, but the voiceover and the How I Met Your Mother vibe I got is telling me I probably don't need to explore it too much more.   Just had 30mins to kill and thought I would give it a look.  
My wife and I have watched 9 of the 10 episodes and have enjoyed them. Some eps are stronger than others, but overall I would say it is worth watching.

ETA - I got more of a "Master of None" vibe from the show.

Reposts....don’t care.

Perry Mason on HBO:  Very good so far.  Not really like the old TV series which makes it very good.

Giri/Haji on the Netflixs: 3 episodes in and pretty solid.

I’ll Be Gone in the Dark on HBO:  So far seems to be more about Michelle’s story than GSK.  No problem with that at all...waiting to see how that plays out.  But if you’re more  interested in the GSK case itself there is a better miniseries out there...(on Hulu? “It’s not over”)

I don't understand why there are so few episodes. 

We need more. Soon.
Apparently it was a pretty expensive show to make due to the sets. 

And Netflix seems to be big on small seasons anyway. Virtually everything they do is 10-12 episode seasons or so, especially with first seasons. It’s one of my biggest complaints about Netflix original series in general. They just don’t give you enough. And when you binge all 10 episodes in a season in just a few days, I feel like most series have very little staying power because of it. Everything hits hard and fast and then nobody cares 6 weeks later. So by the time the next season rolls around everyone is kind of like “eh” about it. 

Watching the Epstein doc now and it just makes me angry.  Furious, really.  

The fact that Alex Acosta has not only escaped public humiliation, scorn and the loss of his career at the very least is a travesty.  The fact that Trump appointed him to his cabinet is downright disgusting and should be a pain point for Biden over and over and over and over.  In fact, anytime Trump says anything in a debate, Biden should just respond with "you hired Alex Acosta to your cabinet" and then read off all the names of the little girls Epstein raped and Acosta betrayed.
Doing opposition research against Trump has to be overwhelming. Like where do you even start.

2nd season came out last Thursday, haven’t finished new season yet but pretty good so far 4 eps in.

Love that they worked into the story the hot blonde telling the main guy she hated his bleach blonde hair in season 2 🤣 The actor was filming a movie around the same time where he had to bleach his hair for the part and it’s terribly jarring and looks awful. They also worked into the story early on a good reason why the character dyed his hair as well to explain it away.
:lol:  did not know this.

Finished season 2 last night. Decent enough. 

Are you generally a fan of sci-fi?
Not a huge fan, but some.

I liked Stranger Things. Big fan of Game of Thrones. So it depends as long as the show is good, good characters, story, writing, etc.

But watching Dark, there's just not much appealing at this point. Characters completely nondescript, dialogue is absent, and the storyline just isn't that interesting at this point. 

:shrug:

I liked Stranger Things. Big fan of Game of Thrones. So it depends as long as the show is good, good characters, story, writing, etc.

But watching Dark, there's just not much appealing at this point. Characters completely nondescript, dialogue is absent, and the storyline just isn't that interesting at this point. 

So you like bad shows? ;)

It’s a great show. I didn’t mind the dubbing but it bothered some. It’s a little slow to start building everything up, but absolutely worth it. Definitely a sci-fi show.

Dark isn't for everyone. I'm one of the yugest dorks in the Dark thread, though, because I find it completely absorbing. But I get why people don't.

There's a separate thread here.  I just posted that I had to stop after 4 episodes because I'm a wuss when it comes to kids getting taken from their families and killed. I didn't realize going in that was a central theme (at least in the first 4 episodes.) If you can handle that theme generally, and like time travel stuff, it seems like a great show. 

I realllllly liked Dark through Season 1, but got totally lost Season 2.  Partly cause of booze.  I couldn't keep up with who was who and what was what.  My wife got so tired of my questions.  If you want to have any hope of enjoying it, WATCH SOBER.

supermike80 said:
Might be a repost but.

What we do in the shadows.  It's an FX series but on HULU as well.  2 seasons.  Some very funny scenes...The whole darn thing is just funny
Just watched it this week, really funny.  30 minute episodes are easy to binge in a week.

Users who are viewing this thread