What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (11 Viewers)

6 episodes into The Bear. Does it get better? :oldunsure:
Afraid to start this because it just doesn't look good.

It’s really good but I can see why some people wouldn’t like it. I forget, did you like succession? Because it’s another show with loud, unlikeable assholes…in a restaurant
Except they're assholes who mean well... And ultimately are trying to do the right thing, even if their being assholes gets in the way.

I don't like shows about people behavimg badly... And I love this show.

Eta... I was just posting here about my dislike for Succession. But again... Love this show.

I know it’s entertainment and no one’s right and all. But not enjoying “The Bear” and “Succession” is crazy talk and you are wrong! :lol:
I don’t dislike it. I went in with high expectations after reading about it here and I’m not understanding that at all. It’s ok 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think I finished S1 of the Bear but it was as struggle. Had to force myself to watch the last few episodes. I say "think" because I don't really recall how it ended. I kept watching mostly because I appreciated the performance of Jeremy Allen. Hated the Ritchie character. Tying in to Succession I stopped watching that after about 5 episodes. In related news I also hated Uncut Gems. One of the few movies I turned off partway through. I think there's a common element to these shows and I just don't enjoy it.

I've always felt that way about Mad Men. I've tried twice and can't get past 3 or 4 episodes. Seeing Jon Hamm in Fargo makes me want to try again though.

I think I finished S1 of the Bear but it was as struggle. Had to force myself to watch the last few episodes. I say "think" because I don't really recall how it ended. I kept watching mostly because I appreciated the performance of Jeremy Allen. Hated the Ritchie character. Tying in to Succession I stopped watching that after about 5 episodes. In related news I also hated Uncut Gems. One of the few movies I turned off partway through. I think there's a common element to these shows and I just don't enjoy it.
Sounds like abrasive characters and chaotic scenes are not your thing. Which is fine. Art is subjective.

I think The Bear is an incredible show but watching it makes me anxious and I don’t enjoy the experience. I didn’t finish season 1. Maybe I’ll get back to it at some point, but you can’t watch everything. I know I’m missing out on a great show but it is what it is. Succession is an all-timer for me though, totally different vibe for me.

We Are the World doc on Netflix was fun. I'm a suckered for a behind the scenes production/music doc anyway.
This was good.
I'm astounded that it got made at all, let alone in one night.
Just watched it. I too am a sucker for these type of docs. Crazy from an operational standpoint they were able to get all these stars together. Crazy. The egos involved in a collaboration like this was remarkable. Bob Dylan being so uncomfortable was interesting. Wasnt his thing yet he stuck it out. Waylon was like, actual African lyrics? I'm out. Ha ha. Prince doing Prince things made me laugh. Reminded me of Chappelle skit poking fun at him. That drunk guy, don't remember his name, trying to sing was cringey. Ha ha. Great watch though for a great cause.

I know "Suits" isn't exactly realistic, but how anyone can hate on a show that regularly features Meghan Markle in a pencil skirt is beyond me... :wub:
Love the show but Donna >>>>>>>> Rachel
Not sure i would go that many >> but I would likely be on the Donna side of things.
You guys are crazy. Rachel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Donna

At least we know that we'd never fight over women...
Dr. Paula Agard >>> Donna >>> Katrina >>> Rachel. Shame that Paula wasn't on for very long

I was pretty sure I knew who Paula was but looked it up just to confirm. Yep, you’re nuts.

Been watching The Chosen after people repeatedly telling me I should watch it. Didn't warm up to it right away but now I love it. I wasn't aware that 650 million people had already watched it and that Whoopi Goldberg was a fan

Tokyo Vice (HBO Max)

Season 1 has been around for a bit; Season 2 begins streaming on Feb 8.
I just happened to stumble upon this through a pop-up ad while viewing something else.
I'm only two episodes in, so I'll give another comment when I complete season 1, so far, I like it a lot.
It's well produced, written and acted. There is a bit of Japanese language captioning, but it's not hard to follow.

So far what I've seen, this is a somewhat dark drama based on an American working as an entry level journalist on the crime beat for the local an all-Japanese newspaper and all the hijinks that follow.

Has anyone else watched? Any opinions? Hoping it keeps a favorable trajectory.

I liked it.....but less for any mystery or crime drama and more for the fish out of water story.

We Are the World doc on Netflix was fun. I'm a suckered for a behind the scenes production/music doc anyway.
This was good.
I'm astounded that it got made at all, let alone in one night.
Just watched it. I too am a sucker for these type of docs. Crazy from an operational standpoint they were able to get all these stars together. Crazy. The egos involved in a collaboration like this was remarkable. Bob Dylan being so uncomfortable was interesting. Wasnt his thing yet he stuck it out. Waylon was like, actual African lyrics? I'm out. Ha ha. Prince doing Prince things made me laugh. Reminded me of Chappelle skit poking fun at him. That drunk guy, don't remember his name, trying to sing was cringey. Ha ha. Great watch though for a great cause.
It was a fun watch. I remember this coming out when I was a kid, but never knew much about how it was actually made.

Users who are viewing this thread