What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summer Concert Season - Who's on your list? (3 Viewers)

Mindless Self Indulgence on 4/27 at Ogden in Denver. I'll goto either Uproar or Mayhem this year as well. One of these years I will make it out to Rock on the Range. Round trip would cost me about ~$1k since I would be driving :(

The Dude said:
Anybody seen Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience? Opinions?
These guys are touring locally with Heart - and from what I have read they put on a great show. And Heart is supposed to join them in some LZ songs.

I am placing it on my list.
Plan on seeing them in Bethel Woods this summer. Saw Heart about 3-4 years ago, and they were awesome.

Already saw YES at the Beacon in NYC last week. Will see The Eagles and Lynyrd Skynyrd/Bad Company (two seperate shows a few days apart) at Bethel Woods in July.
Are you sitting on the lawn? Much cheaper and a terrific concert experience right on the Woodstock hallowed grounds.

Already saw YES at the Beacon in NYC last week. Will see The Eagles and Lynyrd Skynyrd/Bad Company (two seperate shows a few days apart) at Bethel Woods in July.
Are you sitting on the lawn? Much cheaper and a terrific concert experience right on the Woodstock hallowed grounds.
Yea, lawn seats there are great (although totally sold out for the Eagles, so I suspect the lawn will be a bit crowded).

Really like Bethel Woods... after 25+ years of not knowing what to do with that site, they finally got it right.

Mindless Self Indulgence on 4/27 at Ogden in Denver. I'll goto either Uproar or Mayhem this year as well. One of these years I will make it out to Rock on the Range. Round trip would cost me about ~$1k since I would be driving :(
LOVE me some MSI. Seen them three times now. Great show always. :thumbup:

dal_boys_phan said:
Muse last nightNew Orleans Jazz Fest next two weekendsCountry Megaticket in Camden, NJ (May 13 to Sept 14)The Gaslight Anthem and The Hold Steady at the Stone Pony SummerStage Memorial Day WeekendBlack SabbathMatchbox 20/Goo Goo DollsCyndi LauperKid RockYeah, we are all over the genre map this summer...
Do you know what she is playing? Newer blues stuff or old stuff? She is here in June and I would not mind hearing the new stuff. Not sure I want to hear girls just wanna have fun.
Ticketmaster noted that for the AC show at Trump she would play the entire "She's So Unusual" album for the 30th Anniversary, including "She BOB" Would presume we would also get the newer stuff, which from what I have heard is really good, so looking forward to that as well. Slightly off topic, but relevant if You are a fan, have you heard the show at AC HOB from a few years back with the guest stars?

MindCrime said:
Iron Maiden and Megadeth, unfortunately only playing 6 shows in the states, none near me. Anthrax and Testament joining them for a show in Cali as well.
They are playing a new outdoor venue in Austin. Might Go. Have never seen maiden.

In 1997, my then-girlfriend and I saw Counting Crows/Wallflowers in Nashville during summer break. Now, during the summer of our 15th wedding anniversary, those two bands are joining back up for a brief summer tour.

Seems like I should go.

Looking forward to some live music!

Killing Joke

GOAT

Stones 2x in Chicago

Dylan/MMJ/Wilco/Richard Thompson

Taste of Randolph has a nice line-up this year: New Mastersounds/Divine Fits/The Joy Formidable

Furthur in Vegas

If Sabbath does a Chicago show, I'm in.

So far I only have tickets for two shows but one of them is a two day music festival.

5/7 Jim James

6/1-2 Free Press Summer Fest in Houston

- includes The Postal Service, Passion Pit, TV on the Radio, Alabama Shakes, Japandroids, Of Monsters and Men, Cat Power, Arctic Monkeys, Dawes)

In 1997, my then-girlfriend and I saw Counting Crows/Wallflowers in Nashville during summer break. Now, during the summer of our 15th wedding anniversary, those two bands are joining back up for a brief summer tour.

Seems like I should go.
Then you already know that the reason Counting Crows is not one of the biggest bands of the last 20 years is because Adam Duritz scat-singing and sloppy guitar playing doesn't do much for the concert-goers.

So far I only have tickets for two shows but one of them is a two day music festival. 5/7 Jim James 6/1-2 Free Press Summer Fest in Houston- includes The Postal Service, Passion Pit, TV on the Radio, Alabama Shakes, Japandroids, Of Monsters and Men, Cat Power, Arctic Monkeys, Dawes)
Never heard of this. Crazy how popular music festivals are becoming. I hope TV on the Radio plays a gig in Dallas when they roll through, sadly never seen them before.

Seems like I should go.
Then you already know that the reason Counting Crows is not one of the biggest bands of the last 20 years is because Adam Duritz scat-singing and sloppy guitar playing doesn't do much for the concert-goers.
I've enjoyed every Counting Crows show I've been to. I don't recall Duritz playing the guitar live. He plays the piano during some songs.

Seems like I should go.
Thought they were fine in concert. Their main problem to me has always been they only put out new music every 5-6 years.

Interesting. I've seen CC twice (was one of my favorite bands) and they were AWFUL. I didn't mean Duritz playing guitar, I meant the guitar players. I saw them once in a theater with 2,000 people and one at the Erwin Center with 10,000 people. Both times my date and I were unimpressed.

FWIW, I think "August and Everything After" is easily a top-5 album of the 90's and "Anna Begins" may have been the best song of the decade. i just didn't enjoy them live.

Just found out the 311 Unity tour is coming to Tampa in July.

311, Sublime w/Rome, Cypress Hill, Pennywise, and G Love & Special Sauce at the outdoor amphitheater.

In.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I've seen CC twice (was one of my favorite bands) and they were AWFUL. I didn't mean Duritz playing guitar, I meant the guitar players. I saw them once in a theater with 2,000 people and one at the Erwin Center with 10,000 people. Both times my date and I were unimpressed.
My brother is a big Counting Crows fan, and has been to many more shows than I have, and he said all were great except for one. I think it was a show around the DC area, and he said Duritz wanted the opening act, and everyone in the audience to make the whole show a sing-a-long. He said it was weird and bad, and that you could tell the band was shocked, and not happy about it. Duritz has that Dissociative Disorder, and maybe his meds weren't working good. He has said before that the long gaps in albums is due to him dealing with his mental illness. Maybe you caught him during times he wasn't all together.

What do you concert experts think about the cost of Stones tix for Tues May 28th....going down? They're roughly $550 for first or club level....same for floor....

So far I only have tickets for two shows but one of them is a two day music festival. 5/7 Jim James 6/1-2 Free Press Summer Fest in Houston- includes The Postal Service, Passion Pit, TV on the Radio, Alabama Shakes, Japandroids, Of Monsters and Men, Cat Power, Arctic Monkeys, Dawes)
Never heard of this. Crazy how popular music festivals are becoming. I hope TV on the Radio plays a gig in Dallas when they roll through, sadly never seen them before.
I would murder you to see TVotR live.

:oldunsure:

I may need to rethink this whole spending an entire weekend camping out with a stranger from the internet at Bonnaroo thing. :scared:

Anyone seen Blues Traveler before? I'm a fan. Tix are on sale for May 24th in Atlantic City. Wondering if I should dive in.
Mercy bump
My sister saw them last year, and said they were fun.
They are neither good nor bad. Just kind of "there".
Damn.

They strike me as a fun band to see live. Tickets are expensive. This isn't a ringing endorsement.

What do you concert experts think about the cost of Stones tix for Tues May 28th....going down? They're roughly $550 for first or club level....same for floor....
I hope that is not the face value for those, although being the Stones, I think it is...I'd wait until the week of the show - although that is because I have seen them a few times already. With a weeknight show, good chance that you can pick these up "cheaper" (although one can not call $400 ish cheap), especially if you are not picky (like has to be a low row, aisle set of seats in one of two sections, or something like that) as to where you sit.Set a StubHub alert and be prepared to pounce of a set of seats that hit your mark. Or, if your work or a buddy's work has a bulletin board, sometimes these pop up at last minute there as well, sometimes at face or less than face.

I hope that is not the face value for those, although being the Stones, I think it is...I'd wait until the week of the show - although that is because I have seen them a few times already. With a weeknight show, good chance that you can pick these up "cheaper" (although one can not call $400 ish cheap), especially if you are not picky (like has to be a low row, aisle set of seats in one of two sections, or something like that) as to where you sit.Set a StubHub alert and be prepared to pounce of a set of seats that hit your mark. Or, if your work or a buddy's work has a bulletin board, sometimes these pop up at last minute there as well, sometimes at face or less than face.
Thanks Dal....I was leaning towards waiting....this helps. We're going to book the trip to Chicago regardless...which makes it easier to wait. I guess worse case we can get 3rd level....since it only seats 23k.

Anyone seen Blues Traveler before? I'm a fan. Tix are on sale for May 24th in Atlantic City. Wondering if I should dive in.
Mercy bump
My sister saw them last year, and said they were fun.
They are neither good nor bad. Just kind of "there".
Damn.

They strike me as a fun band to see live. Tickets are expensive. This isn't a ringing endorsement.
Didn't simey say her sister said they were fun?

gump said:
dal_boys_phan said:
gump said:
Thanks Dal....I was leaning towards waiting....this helps. We're going to book the trip to Chicago regardless...which makes it easier to wait. I guess worse case we can get 3rd level....since it only seats 23k.
Dal_phan is on the money. Book the trip, you'll get what you need if you're patient. Airfare and hotels will assuredly go up, while I'm betting the Stones ticket prices will go down. The secondary market is going to take it up the pipe on this tour, so they'll start to panic soon. These shows just aren't selling that well and I'd expect them to do ticket drops all the way up to showtime, maybe even lowering the price along the way. I just pulled a section 3, row 5 for the $600 price for Chicago night 1 to see what was available. Those were Gold Package seats last week for $1200. Still kinda crazy prices, but that is a good seat. They don't want empty seats at the front of the arena. Hell, try the box office on the first night if you really want to roll the dice.

At the Newark show in December I heard of people getting really nice side stage seats for $250 a week or two before the show, and even heard of people getting tix at the box office the night of. That was the PPV show that "sold out" quickly. I paid a hefty sum for the Newark show, and it was actually worth it, but that trip tapped me out. I picked up a pair of the $85 seats for the first two Chicago shows just to get in the building. Won't know the seats until showtime, but have to see em again. I need to see Mick Taylor rip on Can't You Hear Me Knocking and/or Sway at least once in my life. Good luck!

gump said:
dal_boys_phan said:
gump said:
Dal_phan is on the money. Book the trip, you'll get what you need if you're patient. Airfare and hotels will assuredly go up, while I'm betting the Stones ticket prices will go down. The secondary market is going to take it up the pipe on this tour, so they'll start to panic soon. These shows just aren't selling that well and I'd expect them to do ticket drops all the way up to showtime, maybe even lowering the price along the way. I just pulled a section 3, row 5 for the $600 price for Chicago night 1 to see what was available. Those were Gold Package seats last week for $1200. Still kinda crazy prices, but that is a good seat. They don't want empty seats at the front of the arena. Hell, try the box office on the first night if you really want to roll the dice. At the Newark show in December I heard of people getting really nice side stage seats for $250 a week or two before the show, and even heard of people getting tix at the box office the night of. That was the PPV show that "sold out" quickly. I paid a hefty sum for the Newark show, and it was actually worth it, but that trip tapped me out. I picked up a pair of the $85 seats for the first two Chicago shows just to get in the building. Won't know the seats until showtime, but have to see em again. I need to see Mick Taylor rip on Can't You Hear Me Knocking and/or Sway at least once in my life. Good luck!
:thumbup: Do you think there will be much of a cost difference between the Tues 28th and Friday 31st shows?

Steve Tasker said:
UniAlias said:
Disco Stu said:
So far I only have tickets for two shows but one of them is a two day music festival.

5/7 Jim James

- includes The Postal Service, Passion Pit, TV on the Radio, Alabama Shakes, Japandroids, Of Monsters and Men, Cat Power, Arctic Monkeys, Dawes
They are great live. I saw them in 2008 at the Lakewood Theater.

opened (I'm also through with white girls). Fun show.Uni, tickets are still available for Free Press. We also bought tickets to the second weekend of ACL. Are you going this year?

My Blues Traveler experience was quite a while ago when they were on the Horde festival. It was just after they had crested with "Hook" and "Runaround" and it's not that I was a huge fan. They are probably pretty good if you like them.

:thumbup: Do you think there will be much of a cost difference between the Tues 28th and Friday 31st shows?
Guess it depends on what kind of seats you want. I suspect Friday will sell more tickets, but that they'll be deals to be found for all shows. There are a couple of good Stones fan boards I follow, and people usually post ticket drop info and monitor how these shows are selling.http://www.iorr.org/talk/list.php?1

http://shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com
Fantastic info....thanks erict!

Steve Tasker said:
UniAlias said:
Disco Stu said:

5/7 Jim James

- includes The Postal Service, Passion Pit, TV on the Radio, Alabama Shakes, Japandroids, Of Monsters and Men, Cat Power, Arctic Monkeys, Dawes
They are great live. I saw them in 2008 at the Lakewood Theater.

That's awesome. Lakewood is an underrated venue. I wish more bands still played shows there.

Unless ACL just has some incredible unbelievable lineup I can't stand to miss I doubt I'll be going this year.. Aside from Bonnaroo with GBSteveTasker I'm also doing Squamish Fest north of Vancouver this summer. I am going to be so poor.

simey said:
Abraham said:
Ray Karpis said:

Seems like I should go.
I've enjoyed every Counting Crows show I've been to. I don't recall Duritz playing the guitar live. He plays the piano during some songs.
simey said:
Abraham said:
Ray Karpis said:

Seems like I should go.
Seen them twice. When they were the headliner and Live opened they were very mediocre. Live blew them away as the opening act. I then saw them open for Stevie Wonder at TigerJam and they kicked ###.

Saw Beach House last night - great show and nice indoor, smallish venue.

Seeing Smashing Pumpkins in @ 2 weeks and was invited to Govt Mule this weekend. :cool:

May: Rock on the Range - Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Korn, Stone Sour, Three Days Grace, Papa Roach, Cheap Trick, etc.
Catching Volbeat at this, and Opeth and Airborne Toxic Event the week before.

June: Silversun Pickups

Going to see the Stones in Boston June 12th. Paid $1,500 x 3 for Tongue Pit tickets. Glad to do it, too. Damned tired of seeing the scalpers snatch up the best seats and then jack the prices up to what the artists evidently should have charged in the first place.This way, the tix are sold on a will-call basis, you show your ID and credit card to get them, and there is no chance to go back outside after you pick them up.

Users who are viewing this thread