What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday News and Inactives -- First Post Updated (1 Viewer)

Anthony Borbely

Footballguy
ATTENTION: Mike Peterson is ACTIVE

DISCLAIMER: I am at the mercy of the information provided and if there is an erroneous report, I cannot take responsibility...such as last week when numerous sites reported Leroy Hill inactive when he was active.

This week, notable players declared inactive on some sites, but not all, with no prior report of injury, include Mike Peterson and Reed Doughty. Verify before changing lineups. Peterson is ACTIVE, Doughty is INACTIVE

ATTENTION: there were conflicting reports on Mike Peterson being inactive. FYI...the same site...buffalobills.com that reported Leroy Hill inactive reported Peterson inactive. Peterson is ACTIVE

Gibril Wilson is active.

Hey everyone, check this thread for the key IDP inactives as well as other important IDP news. If anyone sees anything important, go ahead and post it and I will update the first thread with said news.

Please leave the "who do I replace this inactive with" stuff out of this thread.

NOTE: I may not be here for Sunday night football.

Late afternoon games-key IDP inactives:

Tampa Bay: No key inactives

Atlanta: No key inactives

Seattle: No key inactives

San Francisco: No key inactives

NY Jets: CB Justin Miller

New England: No key inactives

Denver: SS Hamza Abdullah, DE Jarvis Moss

San Diego: No key inactives

Arizona: No key inactives

Miami: No key inactives

Early afternoon game-key IDP inactives:

Green Bay: No key inactives

Detroit: No key inactives

NY Giants: No key inactives

St. Louis: DE Leonard Little

Carolina: CB C.J. Wilson

Chicago: No key inactives

Indianapolis: No key inactives

Minnesota: FS Madieu Williams, CB Marcus McCauley

Kansas City: LB Napoleon Harris

Oakland: No key inactives

Washington: SLB Marcus Washington, SS Reed Doughty

New Orleans: CB Mike McKenzie, CB Randall Gay, SLB Scott Fujita, SS Roman Harper

Jacksonville: No key inactives

Buffalo: No key inactives

Cincinnati: SS Dexter Jackson

Tennessee: No key inactives

Last edited by a moderator:
MIN - Madieu Williams inactive

KC - Napoleon Harris inactive

NYG - R. W. McQuarters inactive

STL - Leonard Little inactive

I was looking for Wilson's status and apparently he's active because the inactives list for Oakland is there and he is not mentioned in there. :goodposting:

This is from CBS sportsline.

I was looking for Wilson's status and apparently he's active because the inactives list for Oakland is there and he is not mentioned in there. :X
Me, too, but what you say makes sense and is consistent with earlier info that he would start.Still not sure I'm going to risk it, though!

That's my dilemma. I'm not sure how productive he can be. Or risk having him get hurt in the first play and leave me with a totally useless 0.

Per NFL.com:

Jaguars inactives: DB Scott Starks, RB Chauncey Washington, MLB Thomas Williams, C Brad Meester, OL Todd Wade, DT Jimmy Williams, WR Jerry Porter (3rd QB), WR Troy Williamson.

on roto now:

Updating a previous item, Jaguars MLB Mike Peterson is active for Sunday's game against the Bills.

The Bills' team site said Peterson was inactive, but it appears he will start. We apologize for the error. Peterson had six tackles (four solo) in the opener and should be in all IDP lineups against a run-first Bills team.

on roto now:Updating a previous item, Jaguars MLB Mike Peterson is active for Sunday's game against the Bills.The Bills' team site said Peterson was inactive, but it appears he will start. We apologize for the error. Peterson had six tackles (four solo) in the opener and should be in all IDP lineups against a run-first Bills team.
:blackdot:GB this board . . .

Buffalobills.com reported Peterson as inactive and sites like Rotoworld and KFFL also reported him inactive.
:wub: Thanks for reading between the lines today Anthony. :unsure:

Between Leroy Hill and now Peterson, I hope it's safe to assume we'll be taking information from Buffalobills.com with a healthy dose of skepticisim from now on.... ;)

Buffalobills.com reported Peterson as inactive and sites like Rotoworld and KFFL also reported him inactive.
:rolleyes: Thanks for reading between the lines today Anthony. :lmao:

Between Leroy Hill and now Peterson, I hope it's safe to assume we'll be taking information from Buffalobills.com with a healthy dose of skepticisim from now on.... <_<
I know I will.Also, we will likely post a disclaimer of sorts and will add something to the effect of telling everyone to keep checking the thread up to game time in case there is a mistake. Fortunately, this one was found relatively soon after it was posted. I also noted that when they declared Peterson inactive, that he was not on the injury report, which is important to note.

Why anyone is monitoring another site for IDP news, especially on Sunday mornings, is a mystery to me.

It should be noted that FBGs was the only outlet to immediately question the gameday inactives over the past two weeks. We were the only major fake football outlet to attempt to confirm those that didn't look right with multiple sources, instead of blindly assuming the first source was correct in a rush to get the information out and move on to the next story.

There is absolutely no reason to trust Rotoworld at this point for anything. Their speculative blurbs on defensive players have been regularly misleading and incorrect. They've now posted incorrect inactive players two weeks in a row (correcting them only once). Most other sites have done the same.

We're actively checking mulitple sources on Sunday mornings in this Forum and striving to post only news that comes directly from the NFL or the teams themselves.

Often, we're posting the information before the big box stores anyway.

We've regularly broken Sunday AM stories like this over the past five seasons. We saved Gibril Wilson owners two seasons ago when we were the only ones to report a toe problem that made him inactive late Sunday morning. We were the first to post Antwan Odom not starting last weekend. We were the first to correct both gameday inactive issues this season. It's not uncommon that we're the first to post inactives straight from a home team beat writer -- before NFL, Roto, FFLW, etc.

If you have an RSS reader, set it to pickup the FBG News feed and the IDP Forum feed or check the News pages frequently. Subscribe to the IDP Forum to get each new thread emailed to you. Not only will you get the news nearly as quickly, or more quickly in some cases, but you'll get more news than what gets posted to the other sites because we've got a wide network of homers posting local news from blogs they don't see. You'll get more considered analysis, not knee jerk speculation.

Now, if we can just get that damn IDP AC Forum crystal ball to be 100% accurate again.......

Users who are viewing this thread