What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl Food - 2024 - Niners vs Chiefs (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
My plan is just to buy a bunch of easy to make snack type things. I don't wanna cook a meal so I'm thinking quick and easy things we can munch on all day.

So far I got:

Nachos
Cheese, Sausage, and Cracker tray
Veggies with some homemade ranch dip
Taquitos
Couple of frozen pizzas
Chips and Salsa
Meatballs (maybe some bread to make meatball sammy's)
Chips, dips, chains and whips. We aren't talking candle wax on the nips here....

Anything else you wonderful folks can add to my list?

For the last 5 years, this has been our style of food for the SB party with our group.

My wife has started making these sliders that are fantastic using Hawaiian rolls and some pulled pork from Sam's Club. She adds some shredded cheese and butters the rolls before baking and they are quick, easy and delicious.

We are bringing some of those and a beef dip with Fritos this year.

Go Chiefs! (signed a bandwagon fan in Missouri)

My wife has started making these sliders that are fantastic using Hawaiian rolls and some pulled pork from Sam's Club. She adds some shredded cheese and butters the rolls before baking and they are quick, easy and delicious.

Go Chiefs! (signed a bandwagon fan in Missouri) :hifive:
Not a bad idea on the pulled pork. I may actually have a bag in the freezer from some I smoked in the fall. Will need to check when I get home. :thumbup:

Just going to be the wife and I, so I can splurge a bit for us. I always try to pick food appropriate for the team I'm rooting for, so this year it's Kansas City strips for the main. Appetizers will be chicken wings in Missouri-style sauce. Thinking lemon pie for dessert.

Can't stand watching the SB with others. All other games I will. Not this one. I tape it. About 90 mins after start time I begin watching and fast forward until I get to live action. I eat three 7-11 chili cheese dogs and drain a super big gulp while my wife watches in horror.

We’re going to be hosting between 30-50 12 and 13 year olds at a gym with the game playing on huge screens.
Food will consist of pizza, BBQ made by one of our guys, and a taco bar.

Haven’t decided yet but just me and the wife and 3 kids (one of them might watch the game)

Leaning towards just doing some garbage frozen appetizers (mini tacos, taquitos, sliders, Totinos or Jays frozen pizza, etc)

Can't stand watching the SB with others. All other games I will. Not this one. I tape it. About 90 mins after start time I begin watching and fast forward until I get to live action. I eat three 7-11 chili cheese dogs and drain a super big gulp while my wife watches in horror.
What does she eat?

Smoking 6 racks of ribs
Homemade bacon that I thick slice and dip in BBQ sauce
Smoked salmon spread
Corn and black bean salsa
My wife makes pasta salad and potato salad
Then she makes cupcakes for each team. We are tired of Kansas City so a Ghirardelli cupcake for SF and a Taylor Swift one for Taylor Swift (I guess her favorite cake).

It’s a lot of fun. I’ll be dead tired Monday. I’ll smoke the bacon and salmon Saturday to get ahead of things.

We always schedule our group (8 people) ski trip over Super Bowl week, and the menu is fairly static:

Chili: meat and vegetarian options - one of the wives is nice enough to make two big pots for the group
Frozen pizza: ditto
Fresh cut fruit and veggies, with hummus
Chips and salsa, guac
Maple sandwich cookies

Try to ski all day before the game, skipping breakfast and lunch, to indulge guilt-free.

I’d add something sweet to your menu - isn’t ice cream the state‘s official dessert?

Cooking a Prime Rib and mashed potatoes tomorrow and will have leftovers Sunday. I don't wanna have to cook so I can concentrate on drinking.

I made some Buffalo chicken dip and deviled eggs to snack on before dinner.

I tried to make home-made fried cheese curds for the first time. No clue how to get the cheese to stay in the coating. I made a nice batter of flour, some seasoning, baking powder, egg, and a nice lager. They looked nice going into the oil, but usually before the batter got brown and crispy, the cheese melted and oozed out, so I basically had balls of oily melted cheese and empty coating shells. Anybody ever done this?

I stayed home and watched the game alone. Thanks to the shark pool thread I had entertaining company. I had homemade pizza. Came out excellent. Congrats Chiefs fans.

I went to one of the local Mexican restaurants and bought a large tub of queso dip and an even larger tub of red salsa. Since it was almost closing time they also threw in 3 bags of chips and a serving of white sauce (might be a VA thing).

We ended up making old school hard shell tacos and then homemade buffalo dip with roasted/broiled chicken thighs forked up with sour cream, cheddar a bit of blue cheese.

Go Chiefs! (signed a bandwagon fan in Missouri)
We did it!!
I also ate like a king. Some of the other food people brought:
-Homemade flatbread pizza. They spared nothing on the toppings and it was incredible.
-Chili. This was just OK, but still fit in nicely with the rest of the meal.
-Mexican layer dip & chips. I ate wayyyyy too much of this stuff but I loved it.
-Meatballs. I actually didn't eat any of these, but they went fast.
-Desserts. Had brownies, cookies, banana bread and some kind of chocolate/graham cracker bars that were really good. I sampled it all and everything was good.

It was a church group so there was no alcohol, but that just meant I was able to eat more (when I drink beer I can't eat as much). It was a wonderful time with friends, food & a great game with a favorable result for the crowd. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

4 Lbs of Chicken Wings. Hat tip to Trader Joes for having terrific wings, 2 Lb bags, frozen but I'll never go anywhere else. Thanks to another thread, I actually steamed the wings for about 10 minutes to finish thawing them and that's a great step. Rendered some of the fat out and they were ready to marinate. Made a terrific dry rub with my son, coated the wings and let them air dry in the fridge for a few hours. Grilled indirect for about 25 minutes, then tossed them in a cast iron skillet with Frank's Original + melted butter. 10/10 would make again.

Day prior, made a vegan chili and it was outstanding but WAY too spicy hot. Need to throttle way back on the heat, but it was delicious.

Also made a carrot cake with me vegetarian son and that was a show stopper. Never made a carrot cake before, but we frigging nailed it.

Also made cast Iron buttermilk cornbread for the chilis.

Had veggie and fruit trays, neighbor brought over smoked ribs, dad brought over some outstanding sausages, another buddy made his famous guac (he's from Zihuatanejo - I'll put his guac against anybody else's), somebody did a Texas Chili.

I've taken three poops already today. :bowtie:

Hey, guys! Big Gulps, huh? … Alright, well. Cya later! 👋🏼

Users who are viewing this thread