What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl LVII ****Kansas City vs Philadelphia**** KC 38...PHI 35 Chiefs are World Champions!!! (4 Viewers)

Hurts has all the pressure on him. Can he handle it. He threw the ball like total dogshit today.
Seems to me that if the Eagles scored 31 with Hurts throwing like dogshit (vs a defense that KC can only dream of having), that might be bad news for KC
Not sure that performance will cut it against KC offense. I have seen him dominate many a game but Super Bowl
is whole other level. KC Dline in no joke.

I think Eagles win but this is a close matchup and he is most important player on the team.
Is THIS a joke? Chris Jones and a bunch of guys 5 sacks or less unless I'm missing something.
They just lit up Burrow. Chris Jones is a stud, Frank Clark is nasty, and the rookie from Purdue looks good. Pretty sure they are in top 3 for QB hurries or some such stat they said on pre-game yesterday. Eagles have better D for sure but KC is decent there.

Yesterday was weird game and because of that he didn't have to do anything but Hurts was looking a bit shaky to me.
You can’t post anything good about another team in the NFL without also saying that the Eagles are the best or you’re going to get called out. It’s insufferable and why everyone except eagles fans wants anyone but the eagles to win. Best to just move along
Do you ever talk football? I only ever see you post to either troll or talk about Eagles fans.

I found your favorite perfume and your favorite song.

Hurts has all the pressure on him. Can he handle it. He threw the ball like total dogshit today.
Seems to me that if the Eagles scored 31 with Hurts throwing like dogshit (vs a defense that KC can only dream of having), that might be bad news for KC
Not sure that performance will cut it against KC offense. I have seen him dominate many a game but Super Bowl

I think Eagles win but this is a close matchup and he is most important player on the team.
Is THIS a joke? Chris Jones and a bunch of guys 5 sacks or less unless I'm missing something.
They just lit up Burrow. Chris Jones is a stud, Frank Clark is nasty, and the rookie from Purdue looks good. Pretty sure they are in top 3 for QB hurries or some such stat they said on pre-game yesterday. Eagles have better D for sure but KC is decent there.

Yesterday was weird game and because of that he didn't have to do anything but Hurts was looking a bit shaky to me.
You can’t post anything good about another team in the NFL without also saying that the Eagles are the best or you’re going to get called out. It’s insufferable and why everyone except eagles fans wants anyone but the eagles to win. Best to just move along

Did you actually read the posts you're quoting with this statement? :confused: It started with:
And is a conversation about the matchup between the Hurts and the KC defense.
Kinda hard to discuss the matchup without critiquing the players.

Would probably be better if took your Cowboy blinders off before commenting on the teams that are good enough to still be playing. :hophead:

Do you ever talk football? I only ever see you post to either troll or talk about Eagles fans.

I linked that song before referring to eagles fans obsession with the Dallas Cowboys , get your own material

I linked that song before referring to eagles fans obsession with the Dallas Cowboys , get your own material
Meanwhile, in the cowboys thread...
:tumbleweed:

Cincy's Oline was depleted, missing 3 starters. Philly's Oline is healthy-ish. Kelce, Seumalo and Dickerson (who should be able to play with an elbow brace) can definitely handle Chris Jones and Clark. Not discounting them as players, but Philly's Interior Oline is stout. Lane has been playing phenomenally at RT, and I don't see Karlaftis having success against him. If Karlaftis has good speed/outside moves, he can have some success against Mailata at LT, but he won't win with the bull rush. The key to Philly winning will be establishing that run game, and wearing down the KC front 7. Rushing the football, the Philly Oline are a bunch of maulers.

Hurts' shoulder is worse than people think, I'm guessing. He did look bad vs SF, and his throws were uncharacteristically off-target and wobbly. Hoping the 2 weeks of rest helps. And hope the 2 weeks of rest for Mahomes gives him time to heal up that ankle. I want what everybody wants: these 2 teams going against each other full strength. Love this match-up.

They did, but didn't the Bengals have like, THREE missing starting offensive lineman? And Nick Bosa just had a bagel vs our Oline (who have 3 starting Pro Bowlers and the 2 other guys are alternates). Not sure where/how highly regarded the O line of Cincy is, but its not "The Best in Football" like so many say about the Eagles line.
The Bengals had that same OL issue versus Buffalo and Burrow went off. KC has it going right now.
I mean, Buffalo pass rush is weak too, but sure I guess. Bottom line I guess is our OFFENSIVE and DEFENSIVE lines are better than anything I believe the Chiefs have faced all year. Chiefs got just 2 sacks vs Jax in the playoffs as well. If you think they will win, that is fine. But let the record show the stats and how "easy" it was against "The #1/Super Physical" Defense of the Niners and I just saw their 2 best players taken out of the game completely. Chris Jones is nice, but Jason Kelce is going to the Hall of Fame on the backs of making DT's look silly. Bring it!
I think Philly will win.

KC does have two best offensive players on either team and best player at the most important position in the game. I do think Hurts is a stud but maybe his shoulder is messing with him, his throws were not good yesterday. Eagles should run all day.
I agree with most of this. Mahomes is great, Kelce is great. But we probably have the next best 5-10 players being honest. So shut down Kelce (haha easier said than done) and make Mahomes beat you from the pocket. He will have more time to rest his hurt ankle, but me thinks last nights efforts got it very sore again. We better run it.
Agree. You guys have this in the bag.

Much better roster overall and your coach is an up and comer all time great. I just hope the Chiefs can give you a game.
No, clearly KC is the annointed team. I mean, it's destiny. Mahomes playing on a gimpy ankle, no WRs and they still pull off the win against Cincy? The table is set for him to be named the GOAT after this SB. Plus, the NFC is a complete fraud, compared to the powerhouse teams of the AFC. Clearly, even the 6 seed in the AFC is better than the 1 seed in the NFC. It's a joke to think Philly has a chance.

Cincy's Oline was depleted, missing 3 starters. Philly's Oline is healthy-ish. Kelce, Seumalo and Dickerson (who should be able to play with an elbow brace) can definitely handle Chris Jones and Clark. Not discounting them as players, but Philly's Interior Oline is stout. Lane has been playing phenomenally at RT, and I don't see Karlaftis having success against him. If Karlaftis has good speed/outside moves, he can have some success against Mailata at LT, but he won't win with the bull rush. The key to Philly winning will be establishing that run game, and wearing down the KC front 7. Rushing the football, the Philly Oline are a bunch of maulers.

Hurts' shoulder is worse than people think, I'm guessing. He did look bad vs SF, and his throws were uncharacteristically off-target and wobbly. Hoping the 2 weeks of rest helps. And hope the 2 weeks of rest for Mahomes gives him time to heal up that ankle. I want what everybody wants: these 2 teams going against each other full strength. Love this match-up.
Maybe I'm one of the "cocky" Eagles fans here (But I DID predict 13-4 preseason here also) but the cockiness comes from what our Offensive line does. Lane Johnson obviously not at 100% and in 2 playoff games, 1 being against "a physical top rated defense" the Offensive Line has allowed exactly 0 QB hits and 0 QB sacks. And Nick Bosa is better than Chris Jones and I think PFF rated him at out like 54.something, which is ya know, not great if you're the DPOY. Just shows how GREAT this offensive line really is. At least 2 of these guys will be Hall of Famers.

I have no dog in the fight here but these are my first impressions (and probably last since I tune out all of the hype)

I think Philly is a far more dynamic team offensively. Obviously a quick start by them won’t rattle KC, but itll give Philly more confidence. I usually don’t like to bet on 1st time qbs in the SB vs a SB vet, but I don’t see what KC does better than Philly. One of those WR’s will have to step up, because they will slow Kelce down a lot. I don’t think the KC WR’s are good enough to do it. they don’t run well enough either IMO.

A lot of talk about the soft Philly schedule, but they did what they were supposed to do with it - get an early big lead. As long as Hurts doesn’t wet the bed, they should win by 7-10+

Line now -1.5 Eagles at draft kings.

While it's fun to watch odds jump around the zero, only 1 of the 56 super bowls has ever been decided by less than 3 points (1991).

So more like a 4 1/2 point movement. Nuts.

Actually just saw an ESPN segment with a Pro specifically talking about the significant line movement.

But MOP has planted his flag and will argue until he's purple in the face. After being corrected (dead wrong), he's now gone so far as to claim Philly opened as the favorite.

It's hilarious. Instead of just admitting something, he will go down with the ship, screw the lifeboats.
Again, take a deep breath and calm down
Not sure why you get so hostile so fast around here but you don't have to yell to make your point heard.

All I did was make a suggestion and you jumped thru the screen on a mission to make a huge deal out of nothing IMO
I put a link to VegasInsider which is a frequented site and they don't start the clock on KC -2.5 but I believe others that originally posted K.C. was the fav which was the only reason I even suggested anything about the line jumping with Philly now being the favorite and you about shot out of a cannon. I'd dial back on the caffeine old friend

Enjoy the Super Bowl Harry
Cheers

Last edited:

While it's fun to watch odds jump around the zero, only 1 of the 56 super bowls has ever been decided by less than 3 points (1991).
Vegas is telling us something here. My eyes tell me that the Eagles win this one comfortably. But why is the line so small?

Vegas is telling us something here. My eyes tell me that the Eagles win this one comfortably. But why is the line so small?

I think Hurts is more hurt than we the public are aware of. It will be the running game and defense that probably decides this game.

I think Hurts is more hurt than we the public are aware of. It will be the running game and defense that probably decides this game.
Agree with this. He was way more inaccurate than he’s been all year. His comments at PCs indicate an inability for him to completely downplay or dismiss it, for a leader like himself to take that approach is very telling.

Mahomes will never be the GOAT. That is Tom Brady's trophy until the end of time.
You don't have to reverse jinx that too. You have like 15 more years for it.
:lol:

The funny thing is, when I post my thoughts about the Chiefs and their games, the things I type out are actually my thoughts on how I feel the game is going to go. I swear I'm not doing some kind of reverse jinx shtick here.

I was thinking about this the other day and I've always tried to be a realist as a sports fan for my teams. I hate the blind homer types and I don't wanna be that guy. The problem is I tend to look at the Chiefs in a really critical eye. That probably comes from years and years of just getting kicked in the gut over and over and over by the Chiefs. So when they play these games, I'm just waiting for that shoe to drop.

I still think this team is very much flawed. And I mentioned in numerous posts this year that I thought this was sort of a rebuild year once they made the Tyreek Hill trade. The Chiefs had to re-set their roster to get younger to help counter-balance the increased cost of Mahomes coming up.

I expected them to make the playoffs, but in no way did I expect them to make it to the Super Bowl. Our GM basically hit on every draft pick this offseason, AND they are guys making plays in the most important games now. To me, this signals great things to come. And they are young and dynamic on defense.

Now, are all the pieces there for a win next week? Maybe. I still think Philly is a better overall team and I'm expecting them to win this game. But one thing we know about Mahomes is he will fight and scratch and claw to not let that happen.

Should be a good game.

The funny thing is, when I post my thoughts about the Chiefs and their games, the things I type out are actually my thoughts on how I feel the game is going to go. I swear I'm not doing some kind of reverse jinx shtick here.
haha you're fully reverse-jinxing.
What happened to "the chiefs have ZERO chance to beat the bengals"???

Philly is -2 on vgasInsider
49.5 o/u

That's what I am going to go with this morning despite KC being a slight fav last night at about -1.5 so the line may have already jumped some
So they set the line, the sharps pounded Philly, and they corrected.

Little more respect for a team that won two playoff games by 3 TDs might be in order
Maybe, but the Chiefs beat Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow to get to the Super Bowl. The Eagles beat Daniel Jones and a team that had no QB for the majority of the game. I would say the Eagles are getting the right amount of respect. They are favored slightly, as they should be, but the Chiefs have the better coach and the better QB, and that can often times swing things.
But The Eagles have the better defense. And it's a defense unlike any The Chiefs have seen this season. The Philly defense will at least control if not dominate this game.
KC put up 44 on SF earlier this year and it probably could have been 60....

early thoughts as a KC fan....I usually have a very similar approach as @ChiefD .....for some reason I go into almost every game thinking "this team is gonna give us trouble here, here, and here" and its as if I am almost talking myself into the fact that they better be careful or they will lose this game....

KC has frustratingly at times played down to the level of their competition....but at other times where I was almost counting it as a loss (say Bucs or Niners)....KC steps up and balls out....heading into the season, the word on the street was KC had the toughest schedule in football.....and if we think back to August and September and look back at it, I think that was justified....as it turned out some of the teams on their schedule did not live up to the hype, most notably DEN and LVR....

they lost to two really good teams (CIN/BUF) by a combined 7 points.....and had a terrible no show against IND (aided by a crazy call on Jones at the end)....so they did what they needed to do when they needed too....they will be playing their 3rd SB in 4 years.....they know what's going on here....the defense has gotten better against the run....CIN ran all over BUF but KC held them to 72 yards and made Burrow chuck it 41 times....if Hurts has to throw that much I think that favors KC.....KC DB's are young but have been ballin, and if Hurts is even a little bit off, they could make some plays....

not going to debate the Eagles schedule....it is what it is....there will be different views on the strength or lack there of....PHI is a very complete team, but they are not unbeatable......every team has strength and weaknesses.....this should be a great matchup and the yo yo ing point spread by the "experts" backs that up....

PHI may be the more complete team overall, but I think a little of that can be offset by KC's experience and really Mahomes just being Mahomes....

as is the case in most games, I think this game comes down to:

1. turnovers....and then what is done after those turnovers.....
2. do you get TD's or settle for FG's

Josh Still is in some trouble

My guess is Josh Stills is a back up of some kind and that th Eagles can simply part ways with him quickly tonight and move on
What an unnecessary distraction
Was wondering which team would fire the first knucklehead shot

Last edited:
early thoughts as a KC fan....I usually have a very similar approach as @ChiefD .....for some reason I go into almost every game thinking "this team is gonna give us trouble here, here, and here" and its as if I am almost talking myself into the fact that they better be careful or they will lose this game....

KC has frustratingly at times played down to the level of their competition....but at other times where I was almost counting it as a loss (say Bucs or Niners)....KC steps up and balls out....heading into the season, the word on the street was KC had the toughest schedule in football.....and if we think back to August and September and look back at it, I think that was justified....as it turned out some of the teams on their schedule did not live up to the hype, most notably DEN and LVR....

they lost to two really good teams (CIN/BUF) by a combined 7 points.....and had a terrible no show against IND (aided by a crazy call on Jones at the end)....so they did what they needed to do when they needed too....they will be playing their 3rd SB in 4 years.....they know what's going on here....the defense has gotten better against the run....CIN ran all over BUF but KC held them to 72 yards and made Burrow chuck it 41 times....if Hurts has to throw that much I think that favors KC.....KC DB's are young but have been ballin, and if Hurts is even a little bit off, they could make some plays....

not going to debate the Eagles schedule....it is what it is....there will be different views on the strength or lack there of....PHI is a very complete team, but they are not unbeatable......every team has strength and weaknesses.....this should be a great matchup and the yo yo ing point spread by the "experts" backs that up....

PHI may be the more complete team overall, but I think a little of that can be offset by KC's experience and really Mahomes just being Mahomes....

as is the case in most games, I think this game comes down to:

1. turnovers....and then what is done after those turnovers.....
2. do you get TD's or settle for FG's
This is almost exactly my take. I think the 2 big keys of the game are:
1. Can Philly run the ball effectively? Hurts is hurt, more than I thought. The 2 NYG games and the SF game showed how much Steichen/Siri are trying to limit him throwing. They had to rush 40+ times to put up the yards they did on SF. How good can the Chiefs D be at stopping the run? Especially if they know it will be the focal point of the Offense. Does Hurts have the arm right now to make KC Defense pay for overcommitting to the run? Always been a fan of Spags.

2. How much pressure can Philly D-line put on Mahomes? If they get as much pressure on Mahomes as they did against Daniel Jones and Purdy/Johnson, they will win. Fully healthy Mahomes can never be counted out- he is a magician. But gimpy Pat getting pressure/hits/hurries/sacks all game long? Advantage Philly. I trust Big Red and Kafka will be working hard on the whiteboard to come up with protections that exploit the middle of the field and a bunch of quick-hitters that have Mahomes getting rid of the ball in <2.3 seconds.

My guess is Josh Stills is a back up of some kind and that th Eagles can simply part ways with him quickly tonight and move on
I'm a die hard Eagles fan and literally never heard of this guy until today. If the charges are legit, he'll be gone. Simple as that. A nothing story.

SF was 11/17 in the passing game.....for 97 yards....Mahomes should look a little different...
SF was 2/10 on 3rd and 4th down.....ran only 45 plays....IIRC KC is the best 3rd down team in the league....
SF fumbled 3 times and punted 4 times....giving PHI short fields and extra possessions.....this should look different
SF had 11 penalties for 81 yards....

all of the above obviously affected by QB injuries and basically made the game "not really a game"....at least not from a competitive standpoint

I'll admit I didn't watch many PHI games and not sure when Hurts was out, but in doing a little deeper dive into the schedule.....they played and beat 5 playoff teams (lost one matchup with DAL)....beat NYG 3 times (thought NYG was a little overrated TBH although technically a playoff team)....played a pretty weak NFC north (Lions early).....and a terrible AFC south....three NFC East teams making the playoffs I think says more about the NFC overall this year then how good DAL and NYG were....they had some close games they won against lower competition (Like KC did) and lost to teams like NOS and WAS....what you would consider decent offenses, maybe the best they faced, (DET, DAL, GB) all put up 33+ points against them.....so they can be scored on...

I'm really not usually one to go back to results from the regular season, cause I think it is more about "where you are at right now"....but with looking at say PHI last 6 games:

SF playoff "win"
NYG playoff win against let's be honest a not great team
NYG 6 point win against that same not so great team
Saints loss
DAL loss
CH 5 point win

KC will pretty clearly be the best team PHI faces this year......whereas KC has had some battles with probably a good portion of the next group CIN twice, BUF, SF....not sure if that means anything two Sundays from now and its doesn't put any points on the board for you.....but I think the vaunted PHI D can be scored on....Mahomes plays well against "tough D's"....much of the country had them losing to CIN last Sunday too....so all things considered I'm gonna give a slight lean to KC here......and like Chief D I don't normally do that....

Last edited:

I'm a die hard Eagles fan and literally never heard of this guy until today. If the charges are legit, he'll be gone. Simple as that. A nothing story.
rape and kidnapping charges. don't see that as a nothing story. will it impact the Super Bowl, no.

rape and kidnapping charges. don't see that as a nothing story. will it impact the Super Bowl, no.
Rape and kidnapping charges aren't nothing - this player's availability for the Super Bowl is a nothing story. He's a player who's inactive every week with the possible exception of one game vs. the Cardinals.

He's not playing in the SB no matter what.

It's a nothing story in the same way The 70th player on the Giants roster getting a DUI is a nothing story. Guy won't be playing in the league if the charges hold.

Philly is -2 on vgasInsider
49.5 o/u

That's what I am going to go with this morning despite KC being a slight fav last night at about -1.5 so the line may have already jumped some
So they set the line, the sharps pounded Philly, and they corrected.

Little more respect for a team that won two playoff games by 3 TDs might be in order
Maybe, but the Chiefs beat Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow to get to the Super Bowl. The Eagles beat Daniel Jones and a team that had no QB for the majority of the game. I would say the Eagles are getting the right amount of respect. They are favored slightly, as they should be, but the Chiefs have the better coach and the better QB, and that can often times swing things.
But The Eagles have the better defense. And it's a defense unlike any The Chiefs have seen this season. The Philly defense will at least control if not dominate this game.
KC put up 44 on SF earlier this year and it probably could have been 60....
2 of those points were a safety. They only put up 42.

SF was 11/17 in the passing game.....for 97 yards....Mahomes should look a little different...
SF was 2/10 on 3rd and 4th down.....ran only 45 plays....IIRC KC is the best 3rd down team in the league....
SF fumbled 3 times and punted 4 times....giving PHI short fields and extra possessions.....this should look different
SF had 11 penalties for 81 yards....

all of the above obviously affected by QB injuries and basically made the game "not really a game"....at least not from a competitive standpoint

I'll admit I didn't watch many PHI games and not sure when Hurts was out, but in doing a little deeper dive into the schedule.....they played and beat 5 playoff teams (lost one matchup with DAL)....beat NYG 3 times (thought NYG was a little overrated TBH although technically a playoff team)....played a pretty weak NFC north (Lions early).....and a terrible AFC south....three NFC East teams making the playoffs I think says more about the NFC overall this year then how good DAL and NYG were....they had some close games they won against lower competition (Like KC did) and lost to teams like NOS and WAS....what you would consider decent offenses, maybe the best they faced, (DET, DAL, GB) all put up 33+ points against them.....so they can be scored on...

I'm really not usually one to go back to results from the regular season, cause I think it is more about "where you are at right now"....but with looking at say PHI last 6 games:

SF playoff "win"
NYG playoff win against let's be honest a not great team
NYG 6 point win against that same not so great team
Saints loss
DAL loss
CH 5 point win

KC will pretty clearly be the best team PHI faces this year......whereas KC has had some battles with probably a good portion of the next group CIN twice, BUF, SF....not sure if that means anything two Sundays from now and its doesn't put any points on the board for you.....but I think the vaunted PHI D can be scored on....Mahomes plays well against "tough D's"....much of the country had them losing to CIN last Sunday too....so all things considered I'm gonna give a slight lean to KC here......and like Chief D I don't normally do that....
These are all true statements, but a little context is needed.

The SF game was obviously over after Purdy went out, but lets be clear, our D-Line did their job and did it fast. They've been historically great this year. For all the press SF defense (and especially Bosa) gets, they had one guy with double digit sacks. Hassan Reddick (who knocked Purdy out) had one less than Bosa while competing with THREE other guys that also had double digit sacks. That has never been done before in the NFL. They nearly tied the '85 Bears in sacks.

The Giants were good not great but heading into that playoff game there were plenty of people picking the Giants to win. But here's the thing, the two times that Sirriani faced Daboll with a mostly-healthy Jalen and it being meaningful (first time and playoff game, week 18 was no-starters) he beat seven shades of **** out of that team. The first time they nearly dropped a 50 burger on them (and totally could have-they pulled everyone early in the 4th) and the playoff game was an absolute curb-stomping. Seriously, they could have shut out that team if they really wanted.

Saints and Dallas losses were without Jalen, but also were not necessary for our playoff survival. We knew going into the Dallas game that even if we went 1-2 over the next three weeks we'd lock up home-field advantage. The Dallas game we played super vanilla defense, with the expectation that there was a real chance we'd be facing Dallas in the playoffs in 3 weeks and the Saints game Minshew the backup played like stir-fried ****.

The Bears game was about -50 degrees and the game in which Jalen got hurt. And with 2:00 left we had their score doubled. Gannon let them drive down the field, using up clock and gave a up garbage time TD. That game was never close.

The reality is that with Hurts playing this team has won 16 of their last 17 games and the last time they played meaningful football in the fourth quarter was against the Titans in November.

I said to the niners fans last week, they were the best team that Nick and Jalen had probably ever faced together. I'll say the same about you guys. Its going to come down, IMO to which QB is more healthy. If Mahomes is even a little gimpy, the Birds D-line will eat him alive. I could see Reddick getting MVP (kidding, sort of). On the flip side, this offense needs Jalen to be able to run as the fear of it simply opens everything else up. If KC catches on early that Hurts isn't moving well they will pounce on the RB when they do their ride and decide thing and it'll be a long day for us Eagles fans.

In the end, I really trust this coaching staff to put together a great gameplan and to make great in-game decisions. If I know Andy, he'll make some game-time blunders, go into the fourth with one time out and (hopefully) FINALLY win the big one for the Eagles.

I can't wait.

INjuries. Eagles aren't as healthy as the injury report implies. Hurts, Lane Johnson, and AJ Brown all playing through stuff

I have a Fantasy League where we play right to the SB. Hard to explain, weekly redrafts etc etc.

Hoping to hear health updates on:
Hardman
Toney
Helaire
JJSS

Who will be suiting up?

Users who are viewing this thread