What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl LVII ****Kansas City vs Philadelphia**** KC 38...PHI 35 Chiefs are World Champions!!! (1 Viewer)

Blah Blah blah. I come here and make a comment on a post and Eagle fans start throwing insults.

I stopped reading your drivel after 3 words. But you keep barking into the ether hoping it'll piss off a Niner fan.

Congrats, I guess?

Edit: I expect another long paragraph in response that I won't read because I've already won. The fact that your panties are in such a tight bunch is all the evidence I need. 🤣

CHIEFS by 7+

Last edited:
Curious if Chief fans had any thoughts with the Phi-SF game and a preference on who they would face. SF seems to be the easier match-up, was that the lean for many Chief fans?

I'm betting they're happier to be playing the Eagles, even with the 49er rookie QB situation.
I'm starting to feel a little bad. I never realized the Niners fandom was this fragile.
So saying I believe Chief fans would rather play the Eagles than SF, that makes me fragile. Got it.

I hope your post makes you feel better.
You guys are pathetic. The fans and the team. We curbstomped your team. Have some situational awareness ffs. And yeah, Purdy got injured. By our Dline. How did your DPOY do against us. Nothing? Right. Nothing but sour grapes from all of you. Like I said, pathetic. Eagles were better than SF on both sides of the ball and eagles fans knew it before the game. Eagles are the better team this week and are going to roll on Sunday. Maybe we can get an anti eagles sound bite from your punter next? Losers
To be fair, it’s not “all of them”. Most of the Niners fans have not displayed sour grapes.

lol, so much drama. was just curious how Chiefs feel about the opponent and if there was a preference or a lean for who they would like to play. i was guessing SF because a rookie QB and a team they have already game planned against. it's crazy how there seems to be such a hangover for the losing teams 2 weeks ago, but i guess such is life. Didn't work so well when Kittle and some others puffed their chests out before the NFCCC, and my guess is it will be more of the same when they play again.

But, 49ers season ended 2 weeks ago. My post was simply looking to hear more from KC fans regarding how they had viewed this match-up roughly 2 weeks ago, and if at that time they felt their was a better path to a championship

TBH as a KC fan it didn't really matter who won the other game.....when healthy both of the other teams provided tough matchups.....solid WR's, good TE, and a solid running game on one side....good defense on the other......I guess a rookie QB over Hurts might make it a slight lean in that direction but TBH (without jinxing my team) I have reasons for why that lean is very slight....

Curious if Chief fans had any thoughts with the Phi-SF game and a preference on who they would face. SF seems to be the easier match-up, was that the lean for many Chief fans?

I'm betting they're happier to be playing the Eagles, even with the 49er rookie QB situation.
I'm starting to feel a little bad. I never realized the Niners fandom was this fragile.
So saying I believe Chief fans would rather play the Eagles than SF, that makes me fragile. Got it.

You guys are pathetic. The fans and the team. We curbstomped your team. Have some situational awareness ffs. And yeah, Purdy got injured. By our Dline. How did your DPOY do against us. Nothing? Right. Nothing but sour grapes from all of you. Like I said, pathetic. Eagles were better than SF on both sides of the ball and eagles fans knew it before the game. Eagles are the better team this week and are going to roll on Sunday. Maybe we can get an anti eagles sound bite from your punter next? Losers
To be fair, it’s not “all of them”. Most of the Niners fans have not displayed sour grapes.
To be honest, it was hard to display "sour grapes" losing like that. Any realistic 49er fan knew the game was over once Purdy went out. Eagles are a really good team and the 49ers weren't going to beat them with Josh Johnson. Watching the rest of the game was more about manning up and taking your punishment than any kind of hope.

Think the Eagles take care of business Sunday. They have the better o-line and d-line. If Hurts is healthy (didn't look 100 percent last game), Eagles roll 31-17

lol, so much drama. was just curious how Chiefs feel about the opponent and if there was a preference or a lean for who they would like to play. i was guessing SF because a rookie QB and a team they have already game planned against. it's crazy how there seems to be such a hangover for the losing teams 2 weeks ago, but i guess such is life. Didn't work so well when Kittle and some others puffed their chests out before the NFCCC, and my guess is it will be more of the same when they play again.

But, 49ers season ended 2 weeks ago. My post was simply looking to hear more from KC fans regarding how they had viewed this match-up roughly 2 weeks ago, and if at that time they felt their was a better path to a championship
Stinkin' Ref pretty much summed it up. I honestly didn't give it much thought. Both teams have their strengths and weaknesses. The Niners revenge angle would have been big if we had played them.

The Eagles are a good overall team. Both tough matchups and doesn't matter either way to me.

Comments,opinions,thoughts and generally great posts here for sure. Now that we're so close to game day. What's your menu for the day?
I'm going with boneless wings,an assortment of dips,baked eggplant,pizza gain(an Italian stuffed pizza). A nice assortment of beverages. Still haven't decided on desserts yet.
What you got?

For the life of me, I just can’t figure out where the stereotype that eagles fans are arrogant dooshnozzles comes from

:lol:

For the life of me, I just can’t figure out where the stereotype that eagles fans are arrogant dooshnozzles comes from

:lol:
for sure. I've already stated clearly, that we are the worst. someone has to be.:suds:

You keep bragging about this and it irks me --both from the perspective of celebrating injuring a player and that said injury coulda happened to any QB vs any defense

You keep bragging about this and it irks me --both from the perspective of celebrating injuring a player and that said injury coulda happened to any QB vs any defense
The point is people are crying like it was a fluke injury he suffered walking on turf. He was under an intense pass rush the whole time and one time broke his elbow. There's no reason to think he'd have survived the rest of the game under that same kind of pressure if he didn't get hurt.

The point is people are crying like it was a fluke injury he suffered walking on turf. He was under an intense pass rush the whole time and one time broke his elbow. There's no reason to think he'd have survived the rest of the game under that same kind of pressure if he didn't get hurt.
It was like the 6th play of the game!! asking for bad karma talking like that IMO -- whatevs --no horse in this race-

It was like the 6th play of the game!! asking for bad karma talking like that IMO -- whatevs --no horse in this race-
We've moved past it. Karma is what it is at this point. The whining after the fact by salty fans and players is just evidence of pre karma.

We've moved past it. Karma is what it is at this point. The whining after the fact by salty fans and players is just evidence of pre karma.
Ok bro -- good luck tomorrow! maybe I'll end up watching :ponder:

Comments,opinions,thoughts and generally great posts here for sure. Now that we're so close to game day. What's your menu for the day?
I'm going with boneless wings,an assortment of dips,baked eggplant,pizza gain(an Italian stuffed pizza). A nice assortment of beverages. Still haven't decided on desserts yet.
What you got?
Smoked chicken wings, a smoked queso dip for the nachos, and a crock pot of rib meat chili.

I prepped the queso this afternoon so its ready to go on the grill tomorrow afternoon.

Mahomes can reach rarified air with a 2nd SB win. He is gonna will his team to victory.

I'm revising my prediction. Instead of Chiefs by 7+, I think they win by double digits.

In each of the last 8 Super Bowls, the team that won the coin toss is 0-8.

Either way, Chiefs by 10+
I wonder if that's because they take the ball in the 2nd half. Eagles have benefited so far losing both coin tosses and coming down the field and scoring on the opening drive. It's like it saves coaches from themselves.

Chiefs are obviously fortunate to be in this game. Got lucky with those calls in the Cincy game.

My hope is we can keep it close until the end and have a chance. Philly is still the overall better team. Tomorrow will be a fun day. At the very least I will have beers, some smoked pulled pork I’m cooking tomorrow, and a beautiful 60 degree day in KC tomorrow.

Chiefs are obviously fortunate to be in this game. Got lucky with those calls in the Cincy game.

My hope is we can keep it close until the end and have a chance. Philly is still the overall better team. Tomorrow will be a fun day. At the very least I will have beers, some smoked pulled pork I’m cooking tomorrow, and a beautiful 60 degree day in KC tomorrow.
I just really want a great game. Of course, I want an Eagles' win, but I really want Hurts and Mahomes both at full-strength. I want a shoot-out, exciting game like the KCC vs BUF playoff game last year. I think both teams come up out with some aggressive Offensive play calling and some really exciting surprise plays.

Q Watkins - deep threat?
Sure he’s a THREAT. But his usage is so inconsistent and I’m not sure how good jalens deep ball will be, so I guess it would depend what you are trying to bet on with quez but I would not have much confidence in him doing anything. But I wouldn’t be shocked if he caught a 50 yd pass.

My early Sunday gut says everyone is throwing around a 27-24 score one way or the other, Vegas is at 50.5 so 51 total points is too easy.

Of the different scenarios that can unfold I can see a young KC defense folding under some big time pressure while the Eagles have a very stout defense and enough weapons to possibly replicate some of these same Playoff scores they have been racking up. We've seen some Super Bowl blowouts but in more recent years a lot of the games have ended closely.

Still, you can't bet against Patrick Mahomes, it's just one of those games I want to sit back and enjoy, whatever the outcome a worthy champion will be crowned.
I'm going with the popular score here, 27-24 and Mahomes only because of experience, maybe Reid might have a few tricks up his sleeve. He did fire Nick when he took over the Chiefs so there is a little bit of bad blood here perhaps. And that's why if the Eagles do jump out ahead, they could pour it on without hesitation.
Mahomes will be 3 weeks removed from this ankle sprain, he heals fast and I bet he's at least 85-90% today.

He did fire Nick when he took over the Chiefs so there is a little bit of bad blood here perhaps. And that's why if the Eagles do jump out ahead, they could pour it on without hesitation.
This is something thrown about this week but honestly is a huge misconception. Sirianni was on the previous staff when Reid took over in KC. Reid brought over some guys from Philly, one of which was the same position that Sirianni was.

So it wasn't really a firing - just a normal changing of the guard when a new coach comes in and brings his own guys.

Good luck today gb, I’ll be rooting with you.

Enjoy the day!

Enjoy the day!
Thanks.

Got the smoker going, NFL Network on the tv...gonna be a long day. :lol:

And yet here you are posting about it. And I’m not bragging about anything, just clarifying that our Dline is an absolute difference maker and has been all season. The idea that Purdy would have led SF to a victory if not for some random injury is laughable.

Enjoy the day!
Thanks.

Got the smoker going, NFL Network on the tv...gonna be a long day. :lol:
Smoking a few racks here, wings and homemade meatballs starting in a few hours. Can’t wait!

Users who are viewing this thread