What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SuperJohn96's Annual NFL Schedule Grid - 2006 Edition (1 Viewer)

Great job, Super John.. I can never remember who does this every year, but I always print one of these out and put it next to my screen in my cubicle for EZ reference. Thanks a bunch.

That's the best excel document I've ever seen. How long did it take?

Great work :thumbup:
It takes less time each year because I am always figuring out shortcuts to make things quicker.When I first did these, I would have one screen open with the NFL schedule, and then my Excel file open typing out each game.

Then, and I forget who, somebody added the color codes for game day/times, which was a great addition, and as I have managed a few tricks to speed up the grid creation, adding in the color codes for gameday/times was a snap.

So this one, from start to finish...was about 3 hours combined. I was tryin to do it at work, but I could only work on it in short spurts throughout the workday.

I also use it for my own dynasty team so I can see where BYE weeks will be an issue.

For example:

Team Grid

That's the best excel document I've ever seen. How long did it take?

Great work :thumbup:
It takes less time each year because I am always figuring out shortcuts to make things quicker.When I first did these, I would have one screen open with the NFL schedule, and then my Excel file open typing out each game.

Then, and I forget who, somebody added the color codes for game day/times, which was a great addition, and as I have managed a few tricks to speed up the grid creation, adding in the color codes for gameday/times was a snap.

So this one, from start to finish...was about 3 hours combined. I was tryin to do it at work, but I could only work on it in short spurts throughout the workday.

I also use it for my own dynasty team so I can see where BYE weeks will be an issue.

For example:

Team Grid
Thats a hell of an idea!!! Will be doing mine very shortly!!! Again thanks for the grid and all the hard work put into it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job.

LOL at the Bills. Very wierd. Every single one of their games will be played at 1pm this year...assuming they don't get moved to the Sun night game, which seems less than likely

Great job, Super John.. I can never remember who does this every year, but I always print one of these out and put it next to my screen in my cubicle for EZ reference. Thanks a bunch.
Word. I just did the same. Very handy.

For example:

Team Grid
Could you put one together for my team? TIA! :blackdot:
So i don't get myself in too deep, I will do a team grid for the first 5 FBGs to ask.1. sos32

2. John 14:6

Just post your teams here...

Love the grid!

One small note: Although it won't affect most fantasy leagues, one game from Week 17 will also be moved from Sunday afternoon to Sunday night.

Again, great stuff!

For example:

Team Grid
So i don't get myself in too deep, I will do a team grid for the first 5 FBGs to ask.1. sos32

I was just kidding, John, I know you're really busy.But if you really WANT to, just make it for the Holy Ninjas :thumbup:

For example:

Team Grid

I was just kidding, John, I know you're really busy.But if you really WANT to, just make it for the Holy Ninjas :thumbup:
Oh yeah...I fogot your FBG username and didn't even recognize you...LMAOOh well, you have so many FA bids out there, I am going to have to wait on one for you... :)

For example:

Team Grid

:D :hey:
What are you waiting for...post your team...1. sos32

3. BigTex

For example:

Team Grid

:D :hey:
What are you waiting for...post your team...1. sos32

3. BigTex

StartersDonovan McNabb PHI

RB Larry Johnson KC

RB Rudi Johnson CIN

RB LaDainian Tomlinson SD

WR Darrell Jackson SEA

WR Torry Holt STL

TE Antonio Gates SD

TE Todd Heap BAL

PK Nate Kaeding SD

Def Buccaneers, Team Defense

Bench

QB Marc Bulger STL

QB David Garrard JAC

RB Priest Holmes KC

RB Ron Dayne DEN

RB Chester Taylor MIN

RB Brian Westbrook PHI

WR Joe Horn NO

WR Randy Moss OAK

WR Kevin Curtis STL

WR Antwaan Randle El WAS

WR Troy Williamson® MIN

TE Erron Kinney TEN

TE Jeb Putzier HOU

PK Mike Nugent® NYJ

Def Bengals, Team Defense CIN

Edit--> :thumbup:

I had an idea that I pm Joe about concerning making a wallet size grid. I tried shrinking down as much as I could, but it was still a little to big. If anyone out there is ambitious give it a shot. Taking out the @ and making the home games bold saves alot of room.

ps Imagine if you could have a stack of wallet size schedule grids at every gas station selling for $1. What warm blooded football fan wouldn't buy one.

I had an idea that I pm Joe about concerning making a wallet size grid.  I tried shrinking down as much as I could, but it was still a little to big.  If anyone out there is ambitious give it a shot.  Taking out the @ and making the home games bold saves alot of room.

ps  Imagine if you could have a stack of wallet size schedule grids at every gas station selling for $1.  What warm blooded football fan wouldn't buy one.
Also, you can changed the text to read First lettet capitalized and the other two small case for the thre letter team abbreviations.Ex. CLE --> Cle, DET --> Det, BYE --> X, and so on... Font size down to Arial size 4...and STILL legible...

So, the smallest I could get mine was 5" wide X 3 5/8" high full, or sized 2.5" x 3 5/8" when folded in half!!!

WHEN FOLDED IN HALF, THIS NFL SCHEDULE GRID IS SMALLER THAN A BUSINESS CARD!!!

Wicked...printing it on thin stock photo paper is even better!

Good work Super John :thumbup:

This will come in useful when I am talking football with the boys and there is no schedule around :banned:

I just printed it on regular paper folded it, and put scotch tape around it (Ghetto laminated). It appears to be pretty solid, and should hold up nicely in the wallet.

ps It comes out much clearer once printed, and is not hard to read at all.

This will come in useful when I am talking football with the boys and there is no schedule around :banned:

I just printed it on regular paper folded it, and put scotch tape around it (Ghetto laminated). It appears to be pretty solid, and should hold up nicely in the wallet.

Just get a web enabled cell phone :P Seriously, I look forward to the grid and hang it up at work every year.

Thanks for the hard work SJ

Mine is also Ghetto Laminated...LOLAnd I was surprised by setting the font so low, and it was still very clear to read.

Thanks SJ.

By the way, I noticed the Bills have all early games. No night games or late afternoon games at all. :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread