What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Swap 3 for 3 or ?!??! (1 Viewer)

KirkGoneWild

Footballguy
I have gotten to the point where now I am over thinking this since I have 3 people on buy next week and I am trying to make a move a here:

I am currenty 3-0, PPR Keeper league where I keep one player (not your last years keeper and can't keep your first pick).

I have 3 people on bye next week which is Brees, Ingram, and D. Thomas. Here is my full line up:

• Brees, A. Smith
  • Hyde, Ingram, T. Coleman, T West
  • Evans, J. Nelson, D. Thomas, D. Parker, R. Cobb, A. Thielen
  • J.Graham
Options 1 - Offer is trading my Evans, Parker and Ingram for his Shepard, Cohen and Cook.

Option 2 - On a side note I am also thinking about taking a chance and grabbing D. Martin from a team that is 0-3 and hurting for WR. I offered D. Parker for him. I have no clue if what I am offering is fair or not. 

Option 3 - Tough it out and just take week 5 as loss and/or hope for a win. Can't win them all right!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help with mine.

If you're doing it for just the bye week than I would sit still since you have backups that could get you points and you're 3-0.

If you're looking at doing an upgrade Cohen and Cook will definitely help but I think that package should get you something better than Shepard.

Thanks for your help with mine.

If you're doing it for just the bye week than I would sit still since you have backups that could get you points and you're 3-0.

If you're looking at doing an upgrade Cohen and Cook will definitely help but I think that package should get you something better than Shepard.
Awesome. Thanks!

Agree that something better than Shepard is worth exploring.  I do like Doug Martin going forward and with your depth at WR, assuming you start 2-3 I'd deal Parker for Martin.

thanks for mine, i would just go with option 3

option 1 is pretty fair, but you're 3-0 so i wouldn't change anything just yet. wait til the trade deadline before you try to deal WR depth for RB's, RB's get hurt too often

I'm still pretty high on parker so I would offer theilen for martin and see what that does... i suppose you can afford to lose parker if you really believe in martin

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your options in this order: 

Option 2 - Trade Parker for Martin

Option 1 - modify the deal to Evans/Ingram for Cohen/Cook.  Unless you can get him to give you a better WR than Shepard in the original offer, I would take Parker out of the deal and just do 2 for 2.  I'm ok with a 3 for 3 but you gotta get something better than Shepard back. 

Option 3 - I like trading, it's half the fun of playing fantasy to me, and if you can't have fun with it then it's not worth doing IMO.   The Do Nothing option is always last on my list

Parker for Martin would be ideal.

I'd laugh out loud at the first offer.

Not knowing who/how many you have to start, it's hard for me to believe you'd auto lose with that roster with only a single player at each position on bye. Smith has a good matchup this week, Ingram and Coleman are pretty much identical, and you have more than enough depth to offset the loss of Thomas this week. If you're starting 3WR and a couple of flex then yeah, you might have an issue, but even then, you're not that bad off.

You don't need to make a trade.  You are fine for this week with those guys on bye.  Don't force something just for the sake of forcing it. 

I do think trying to acquire Martin is a wise move but if that owner has held this long it will be harder to get him since he is almost back.  I like Parker a lot but you really don't need him so him for Martin would be a nice roster construction upgrade. 

Are you talking about trading Mike Evans?  For who?  

Very bad idea.  There will be three weeks in there where he will win you the game alone and you are already 3 - 0, so stop sweating it. 

Users who are viewing this thread