What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

T Bell traded for ... Randy McMichael in my league! (1 Viewer)

djjosee

Footballguy
This trade was just accepted in my 10 man re-draft league. I put a veto request in to the commissioner and it was rejected. (I know there was one other person that did as well). First time I play in this league and I know just one other player ... it's a new start up and I find that it's things like this that makes me NOT want to return next year. I don't know if I have a legitimate beef or am I just :cry: for no reason.

Obviously a bad trade without knowing any variables. What if the guy had 4 strong RBs without a TE? Not as bad then. Looks like the other owners in this league should've been hittin' him up for a running back.

Variable:

Person getting Bell had:

RB: LT / Alexander only! (obvious RB pinch)

TE: Gonzalez / McMichael

Team giving Bell had:

RB: LJ / Parker / Bell / Rhodes

TE: Jason Witten (IMO no TE issue)

Oh and by the way ... Team B has McMichael on the bench!

I'd be pissed about having an idiot in the league who's willing to deal Bell for McMichael, but agree with the others that it's not worth a veto. If you have enough of these goons in the league then it's obvious you probably shouldn't rejoin next year.

The team dealing Bell was dealing from a point of strength, to fill a weakness,

and vice versa. Although he may have been able to get more in return.

Perfectly good trade. That's the way it's suppose to work.

You are barking up the wrong tree on this message board. Unless it is L.T. for Hank Baskett you will get little sympathy for help in calling out bad trades or collusion.

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Variable:

Person getting Bell had:

Team giving Bell had:

While I think its a horrible trade how can you think that there is no TE issue? Have you looked at Witten's numbers this year? Its a big issue that I don't see getting better anytime soon.I also think that if this trade went down for the other TE on the guy's roster, Gonzalez, you wouldn't be thinking twice about it because of the name. McMichael's is proabbly the better option right now. Harrington is targeting him about 10 times a game

Variable:

Person getting Bell had:

Team giving Bell had:

With LJ and Parker, I am guessing Bell might be on the bench as well. Witten has done nothing so far this season, and McMichael's is starting to become a favorite of Harrington.If this was a keeper or dynasty league trade, it would seem the Bell owner would need to get more for him. In redraft, trades like this happen more often than not (Trading bench players for possible starters).

I drank the Ben Watson Kool-aid earlier in the season, and am now happy to have McMichael's. A change in QB should do wonders for him.

It is a warp sided trade, but it if helps both teams win, then it is not for you to Veto.

Not worth vetoing, but a terrible trade.

I've been in discussions with TBell myself and what I'm looking for is much more than a TE2.

In fact, I've countered a proposal to get me Coles because I wanted RWilliams. Still have to decide if I want Coles or not. Clearly worth much more than McMichael though.

This trade was just accepted in my 10 man re-draft league. I put a veto request in to the commissioner and it was rejected. (I know there was one other person that did as well). First time I play in this league and I know just one other player ... it's a new start up and I find that it's things like this that makes me NOT want to return next year. I don't know if I have a legitimate beef or am I just :cry: for no reason.
If it's not collusion..stop crying! You can do a search here at FBG's on COLLUSION (about 10hours of reading). :bye:

I cannot believe it. I would have thought the McMichael owner would have gotten much more than Bell ......

You are barking up the wrong tree on this message board. Unless it is L.T. for Hank Baskett you will get little sympathy for help in calling out bad trades or collusion. LOL
It wasnt collusion (as far as it seems) and only bad commishes "call out", or veto, bad trades.

The team dealing Bell was dealing from a point of strength, to fill a weakness,and vice versa. Although he may have been able to get more in return.Perfectly good trade. That's the way it's suppose to work.
Possible top 5 or 10 RB for a TE that he didn't even need? No, this is not a perfectly good trade.

I don't see anything wrong with it, the team dealing Bell now has depth at TE with a potential starter in McMichael, while the team getting Bell now has a starting RB until SA is allowed to return. The team dealing McMichael probably could've asked for and received an additional player, but who knows if he had any room on his roster. Should not be vetoed.

If you are in a 10 man re-draft how in the heck did the guy get LT and Alexander on the same squad? You didn't mention the league rules but if you have a normal roster requirement 1QB 2WR 2RB 1TE 1K 1DEF and if the TE gets points the same 1 pt =10yds he could be on the verge of getting dropped in place for someone like Desmond Clark, Eric Johnson who are producing. The guy who is giving Bell probably should have given up Rhodes if he wanted a TE that bad but the reality is neither Bell or Rhodes are cracking his lineup barring injury so he just gave up one.

T.Bell 470 rushing yds 1 TD 10/44 receiving bye week over wk4

R.McMicheal 24/269 0 TD bye week 8

not much difference here even with their sch. for up coming weeks

Let it go..normal trade unless collusion can be proven which seems impossible here.

May not be collusion but should be vetoed in order to maintain league integrity.

McMichael is ranked 18th among TEs and only 5 points seperate him from number 31 ... Jason Witten.

How could you bunch of ####### think this should stand ...

Would it be ok if he dropped T.Bell to pick up the 25th ranked TE ...would your league stand for that?

May not be collusion but should be vetoed in order to maintain league integrity.
League integrity is intact. Anyone had a chance to go after Bell, the other owners didn't. That is their fault.Why punish the guy who made a good deal just because he worked the phones harder than the other owners? All this does is punish the quick and reward the slow.
Would it be ok if he dropped T.Bell to pick up the 25th ranked TE ...would your league stand for that?
Yep, because we don't babysit our owners.

Without reading all the posts, it's about time for that "never veto trade unless collusion" post. Which can't be proven by the way, so it's a stupid response every time.

It's up to the commish to see if it's collusion..that why there are commish's.

And since only 2 of 8 did question this trade in his league and the other's don't care..trade stands if I was commish (10 team league-most league rules don't permit trading owners to be involved in voting), of course all leagues have different rules..but they are about in this guide line area!

The team dealing Bell was dealing from a point of strength, to fill a weakness,and vice versa. Although he may have been able to get more in return.Perfectly good trade. That's the way it's suppose to work.
Possible top 5 or 10 RB for a TE that he didn't even need? No, this is not a perfectly good trade.
What do you mean he didn't need a TE ? He only had Jason ####### Whitten !I hear people keep saying Bell is a POSSIBLE top 5 or 10 back, but he hasn't shown it yet.I own him, and am waiting for it to happen.On the other hand, in the last three weeks, McMichael is third in my league for TE's, only 1.8 points from being #1. Behind Winslow & Gates, not bad company. Plenty fair trade !!

What do you mean he didn't need a TE ? He only had Jason ####### Whitten !I hear people keep saying Bell is a POSSIBLE top 5 or 10 back, but he hasn't shown it yet.I own him, and am waiting for it to happen.On the other hand, in the last three weeks, McMichael is third in my league for TE's, only 1.8 points from being #1. Behind Winslow & Gates, not bad company. Plenty fair trade !!
By Jason ####### Whitten do you mean Jason Witten the pro-bowler? No, he didn't need a TE. And to give Tatum Bell for a TE is ridiculous. Tatum Bell hsn't shown he's a top 5 or 10 back? The TDs haven't been there but the yardage has been. It's a matter of time until he gets TDs too.

By Jason ####### Whitten do you mean Jason Witten the pro-bowler? No, he didn't need a TE. And to give Tatum Bell for a TE is ridiculous. Tatum Bell hsn't shown he's a top 5 or 10 back? The TDs haven't been there but the yardage has been. It's a matter of time until he gets TDs too.
Sorry for the typo, nit picker.If Witten is a pro bowler at seasons end (fantasy wise), please let me know. I won't be holding my breath, don't worry.Again with Bell, It's all POTENTIAL, which has not been there yet. And yes, Im a Bell owner, so I know how he's been doing. I'm hoping it comes quick just as much as the next Bell owner.In the last three weeks for each player, Bell has 47.5, and McMichael has 39. A WHOPPING difference of 2.33 points per week (thats my league scoring, yours may be different). You say it's all about the TD's, the TD's will come, Well maybe the TD's will come for McMichael also, he has not scored a TD all season.If you would have read all my posts (post 6 to be exact), I did say he probably could have got more,but with this trade he sure as hell improved his starting lineup, which is what counts.Quit the man love for Witten.

Users who are viewing this thread