What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh is out of Seattle, BMW to start (1 Viewer)

2 1/2 hours left of v jax speculation. Could see it, as a 49er fan and mike Williams owner I hope the news wire doesn't say v jax in relation to any NFC west team unless the 49ers jump in.

I don't think BMW is the play, I think this bumps Golden Tate up pretty good.
It's way too murky. I'm not a big fan of any at this point but I will be keenly watching the targets game one and will be active on the wire.
I am not a big fan of any of these guys really either, at least for this year, but following the Seahawks beat writer, Tate looked very very good in camp. Didn't do much in the games, which I think helps keep his value low. I play mostly keeper/dynasty, and liked what I have heard about Tate. I don't think it'll take much to beat out the other guys there. Maybe I am missing the boat on BMW, but I'm not a believer.

This doesn't even make sense. Are you like a Tate owner? I just don't see how you logically came to this conclusion.
Nope. I think Housh opens up a starting spot, and I think BMW and Deion Branch are poo.
Cool, wouldn't surprise me if it's Williams and Tate as the two starters, might have to wait a while on Tate.

from Fox6sports out of Milwaukee (FWIW):

'Once again, a SOURCE says #Vikings have signed former #Seahawks WR TJ Houshmanzadah - can not personally confirm nor deny...'

per Judd Zulgad, Minnesota Vikings beat writer:

An NFL source said nothing has happened between the Vikings and T.J. Houshmandzadeh at this point. No deal is done.

JuddZulgad

Houshmandzadeh's reps are expected to talk to a few teams before any decisions are made. Vikings could be one of them.

A lot of talk on twitter about Minny signing him already.Nothing solid as of yet though.
Man, that would make that WR situation a mess.
I'm hopin for it, Housh would fit right in to Rices role.
Except for size, speed & talent, they are essentially the same player; so that makes sense I guess.
He's talking about while Rice recovers, not permanently.

A lot of talk on twitter about Minny signing him already.Nothing solid as of yet though.
Except for size, speed & talent, they are essentially the same player; so that makes sense I guess.
Exactly, He's better then what the have right now... Camarillo? Walker? Really?Housh is still a good reciever, just had a down year....If he does it again this year then we right him off. Remember the QB sitch was not the best in Seattle last year.Favre to Housh has a great sound to it.

A lot of talk on twitter about Minny signing him already.

Exactly, He's better then what the have right now... Camarillo? Walker? Really?Housh is still a good reciever, just had a down year....If he does it again this year then we right him off. Remember the QB sitch was not the best in Seattle last year.

Favre to Housh has a great sound to it.
lol...yeah, good receivers who just had 1 bad year get released outright because there is no trade interest whatsoever.Makes sense..I guess all it takes to know more than the coach is to read the 'career stats' section on yahoo...

LaCanfora on Total Access just now said three teams to watch as likely landing spot for Housh ... Minnesota, Oakland, Washington.

As a Lions fan, I'm having trouble buying Mike Williams as anything besides a giant waste of space. In a keeper league, I'm having trouble dropping Brandon Jackson or Snelling (both FA after this year) for Williams. And this is in a league I need WR help (Wayne, Evans, Gaffney, Aromashodu, Naanee).

which team would be best for his fantasy prospects? likely to be the main man and see more targets in wash and oak, but also has to deal with a worse offense and passer and more attention from the d.

As a Lions fan, I'm having trouble buying Mike Williams as anything besides a giant waste of space. In a keeper league, I'm having trouble dropping Brandon Jackson or Snelling (both FA after this year) for Williams. And this is in a league I need WR help (Wayne, Evans, Gaffney, Aromashodu, Naanee).
doesnt seem like brandon jackson has any upside at all.

Childress: Vikings aren't interested in Houshmandzadeh

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 5, 2010 3:30 PM ET

You can forget about any further T.J. Houshmandzadeh-to-Minnesota rumors or ridiculously worded reports.

Speaking at a press conference on Sunday, Vikings coach Brad Childress said the team was not interested in Houshmandzadeh at this time. He said the team would focus on their current young receivers and guys that know the West Coast system.

Even though the Vikings wanted Housh last year, it no longer made sense to go after him. They just acquired Greg Camarillo, who has a similar possession receiver skill set without any of the drama.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...adeh/?related=1

:lmao:
Well hang on here, the highly drafted rookie gets the LOL, but BMW gets a 7 year mulligan?
You're just so desperately against BMW and im not sure why. They could have a chicken at the end of the roster and you'd admit this being a good opportunity for the chicken before BWM.

You're just so desperately against BMW and im not sure why.
Seven years of history? Tate is younger, faster, and hasn't been cut by three teams. I don't expect either one to be startable in 2010.I wasn't a believer when he was in Detroit. I told my fellow Raider fans he was crap when they were all excited about him in Oakland, and I laughed when Tennessee fans breathlessly posted blurbs about how good he looked. I've been right for 7 years, and I doubt BMW is gonna make me regret passing on him.

Seven years of history? Tate is younger, faster, and hasn't been cut by three teams. I don't expect either one to be startable in 2010.I wasn't a believer when he was in Detroit. I told my fellow Raider fans he was crap when they were all excited about him in Oakland, and I laughed when Tennessee fans breathlessly posted blurbs about how good he looked. I've been right for 7 years, and I doubt BMW is gonna make me regret passing on him.
There are plenty of younger faster players playing 2nd string for a lot of teams. It takes more than that in the NFL.

There are plenty of younger faster players playing 2nd string for a lot of teams. It takes more than that in the NFL.
Couldn't agree with you more. Luckily, I think Golden Tate may have more than just youth and speed.And it takes more than a 1st round pedigree and nice college career to play in the NFL.

:lmao:
Well hang on here, the highly drafted rookie gets the LOL, but BMW gets a 7 year mulligan?
You're just so desperately against BMW and im not sure why. They could have a chicken at the end of the roster and you'd admit this being a good opportunity for the chicken before BWM.

So what is everyone doing with Housh? Sitting on him, waiting to see if he goes to a decent situation (Washington ?). How long for him to get up to speed and semi-productive? Or are you dumping him for the best available WR on the waiver wire? I'm holding for now, but Hester and Mike X Williams are out there in my league......

:rolleyes:
Love it when the FFA crazies hit the wrong key and get lost in the Shark Pool :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is everyone doing with Housh? Sitting on him, waiting to see if he goes to a decent situation (Washington ?). How long for him to get up to speed and semi-productive? Or are you dumping him for the best available WR on the waiver wire? I'm holding for now, but Hester and Mike X Williams are out there in my league......
If Housch can't make Seattle, whose WR crew isn't exactly stellar, I am having a hard time believing in him doing much this year. Maybe a key injury somewhere. :rolleyes:

Unprecedented? Cris Carter followed a similar path, and his problem was drugs. Kerry Collins and Eddie Kennison both quit, only to reemerge elsewhere. Ricky Williams has turned out all right too. All of these guys were highly drafted busts who resurrected their careers.

It is indeed rare, but to pretend it's unheard of or so incredible that you dismiss it out of hand is, like I said, intellectually lazy.
Correct me if my intellectual laziness is on but didn't Ricky Williams explode in 2002-2003 for the Miami Dolphins? Then he went and got himself wrapped up in marijauna, then came back and failed for quite awhile until Ronnie Brown went down last year and he did good for a few weeks then also started to show wear and tear the final few weeks of the season? Maybe my memory is foggy. I'm all for backing up a position with valid points but I don't think those situations are alike. Mike Williams hasn't proven anything yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unprecedented? Cris Carter followed a similar path, and his problem was drugs. Kerry Collins and Eddie Kennison both quit, only to reemerge elsewhere. Ricky Williams has turned out all right too. All of these guys were highly drafted busts who resurrected their careers.

It is indeed rare, but to pretend it's unheard of or so incredible that you dismiss it out of hand is, like I said, intellectually lazy.
Correct me if my lntellectual laziness is on but didn't Ricky Williams explode in 2002-2003 for the Miami Dolphins? Then he went and got himself wrapped up in marijauna, then came back and failed for quite awhile until Ronnie Brown went down last year and he did good for a few weeks then also started to show wear and tear the finsl few weeks of the season? Maybe my memory is foggy. I'm all for using backing up a position with valid points but I don't thin those situations are alike. Mike Williams hasn't proven anything yet.
What do u think Housh's value is at this point? I can have him or Williams as my WR4.

both are fine over housh and were fine a few days ago. but i would not be dropping housh for a no name long shot. on this board, the haters feel that nfl orgs are infallible, therefore if a guy is cut then obv he is not talented enough. they also love to latch onto "character issues" or "attitude problems" or "diva mentality" despite pretty much everything in houshs career pointing to a mentality opposite of what has been alleged this offseason. i do give props to the seattle staff and franchise for effectively executing character assassination on a player who has worked himself up from juco to 7th round pick to pro bowl 40m contract.

If Housch can't make Seattle, whose WR crew isn't exactly stellar, I am having a hard time believing in him doing much this year. Maybe a key injury somewhere. :thumbup:
But is he shot, or was he cut because he was a bad fit with a bad attitude? Could he be a guy that ends up elsewhere with a chip on his shoulder and produce? I haven't seen him at all this preseason, but he hasn't had less than 73 catches or 904 yards in the last 6 years, so I'd think he can still be a bit useful.

I'm sittin' on him for sure.I already picked up bmw a week ago, so I'm just going to wait and see where he lands.if it's washington, I'll probably give him a couple weeks, but if it's oakland I'll probably just drop him.

I'm sittin' on him for sure.I already picked up bmw a week ago, so I'm just going to wait and see where he lands.if it's washington, I'll probably give him a couple weeks, but if it's oakland I'll probably just drop him.
I'm sittin on him until he signs, I am letting that dictate what I do...I was hopin Minn...NOPEWashington...Actually think he will fit in well and produce. He is talented and McNabb needs a player like him on that team....Housh>>>SMossOakland...CUT! The value of the him in that position to that of someone on the waiver wire, is in favor of the waiver wire pickup.I just hope it gets done quick so I know what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread