What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Taco Bueno Best Fast-Food Chain in America, Says This (1 Viewer)

mon

(T)ool
This study claims Taco Bueno is the best fast-food chain in America. I grew up on the stuff in the '70s and it was even better then -- the tacos were almost saturated in hot grease from the meat, almost like a chili. So tasty. Even met my wife at the original location in 1975. She was an employee and used to go to parties at the owner's house. The study surprises me, as I thought the franchise had gone downhill. Haven't had it in years, but guess I'll have to try it next time I'm back home.

For inexpensive food it's about as awesome as you can get. Usually a quick in and out even though they're usually crowded. The only knock on Taco Bueno is that you can't really eat their food in the car without wearing it.

For inexpensive food it's about as awesome as you can get. Usually a quick in and out even though they're usually crowded. The only knock on Taco Bueno is that you can't really eat their food in the car without wearing it.
Yeah, pretty hard to eat chips and salsa in the car. Burrito is probably the safest bet for eating while driving.

+1

I even tried to search locations on their website. Worse search function than FBG. Even if I'm not close, you cant tell me the closest location? 
Guess the study didn't include their website design, lol. Only 175 locations, mostly in Texas and Oklahoma.

brohan look i will drive to oklahoma and hit one up but it better be damned good or it is your rear end on the line brohan take that to the bank

I haven't even seen on since I was like 8.  Back then, a Taco Bueno "nacho" was just a big round tortilla covered in melted cheddar.  I loved it.  When I first got what we now consider nachos at some other restaurant, I was like "what's this ****?"

This study claims Taco Bueno is the best fast-food chain in America. I grew up on the stuff in the '70s and it was even better then -- the tacos were almost saturated in hot grease from the meat, almost like a chili. So tasty. Even met my wife at the original location in 1975. She was an employee and used to go to parties at the owner's house. The study surprises me, as I thought the franchise had gone downhill. Haven't had it in years, but guess I'll have to try it next time I'm back home.
where the hell have you been?

where the hell have you been?
Well, you see, I've been doing this study of fast-food chains, trying to figure out which is best. Took me a while, but I'm done. Couldn't find any that were any good. So now I'm going to study Zagat five-star restaurants just to make sure they deserve their five stars. This may take me a while.  :nerd:

Hey urbanhack, how are ya? Still in Chicago?

Well, you see, I've been doing this study of fast-food chains, trying to figure out which is best. Took me a while, but I'm done. Couldn't find any that were any good. So now I'm going to study Zagat five-star restaurants just to make sure they deserve their five stars. This may take me a while.  :nerd:

Hey urbanhack, how are ya? Still in Chicago?
I'm great. Moving to Portland in 4 weeks.  

Bueno is by far my favorite fast food joint. I probably prefer it to most Tex-Mex casual dining chains.

To be fair, it was the top Mexican fast food chain.  The study broke them down into categories.

Here are the full results.
And it only won one of the categories, value. That, and the responses in this thread, suggest that this place is a dirt cheap Mexican food place that's almost certainly owned and run by gringos. We've got a place like that here in town. Been here for about 30 years and does well. The food is basically what a typical American family would make at home on taco night with a box of Old El Paso shells and some ground beef. They also do the concession stand style nachos with the round chips and and canned cheese sauce from Sam's.

Nothing wrong with that, of course. It's a comfort food favorite, cheap, and good. 

And it only won one of the categories, value. That, and the responses in this thread, suggest that this place is a dirt cheap Mexican food place that's almost certainly owned and run by gringos. We've got a place like that here in town. Been here for about 30 years and does well. The food is basically what a typical American family would make at home on taco night with a box of Old El Paso shells and some ground beef. They also do the concession stand style nachos with the round chips and and canned cheese sauce from Sam's.

Nothing wrong with that, of course. It's a comfort food favorite, cheap, and good. 
Pretty bad read. High volume franchise in limited area that prices slightly above competitors. Started by evangelical white Christian and sold out to Big Fast Food 20 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread