What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Talent vs The System (1 Viewer)

PhatHead

Footballguy
I was curious what weighs more on your decision about selecting fantasy players, the talent of the player or the offensive system that they are in?

For example I'll use Reggie Bush and Kevin Jones. I don't think that too many people can argue that Reggie Bush doesn't have more raw talent than Kevin Jones, but Kevin Jones is in a Mike Martz offense that generates alot of opportunities for the RB position.

I don't want to get into an arguement about who is better or who should be drafted first. I'm just curious about what is more important to you when evaluating 2 players that are close in rankings.

These are all interchangeable at times. Talent plays a lot into how well a player does. However, the system can make a player as well. E.G. the Bronco's starting RB always seem to have good seasons regarless of who it is. Opportunity is probably the least ranked in my book, but then again, if you've got talent sitting on the bench that won't get you any points either. Yet you can have all the opportunity in the world and do squat with it. E.G. Lawrence Phillips...weather it's lack of talent, or crappy system he just sucked.

If I were a coach (that knew what I was doing and had a good system in place) I'd draft talented players to put into my system and give them the opportunity when I can trust them to perform to their level. Opportunity will always come to a talented player in the right system.

So there you go

Talent>System>Opportunity

Users who are viewing this thread