What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tebow Owners (1 Viewer)

FGITLOTR

Footballguy
I know the rankings posted last night were preliminary, but I was surprised to see Tebow at #4. I'm hoping this thread will focus solely on Tebow's prospects this week against the Chiefs. On the road, against a decent D, just doesn't seem like the kind of atmosphere I'm comfortable starting him. I know he has put up solid fantasy numbers in all of his starts (depending on your scoring league), but can you really start him over a Stafford, Eli or even Brady? Stafford is my other QB and although his matchup isn't juicy, on the road against Chicago, I don't have the guts to sit him.

I have only watched two Chiefs games this year, but came away impressed after both. I would love to hear from others that may know more about their strengths/weaknesses and how Tebow and company match up.

I know the rankings posted last night were preliminary, but I was surprised to see Tebow at #4. I'm hoping this thread will focus solely on Tebow's prospects this week against the Chiefs. On the road, against a decent D, just doesn't seem like the kind of atmosphere I'm comfortable starting him. I know he has put up solid fantasy numbers in all of his starts (depending on your scoring league), but can you really start him over a Stafford, Eli or even Brady? Stafford is my other QB and although his matchup isn't juicy, on the road against Chicago, I don't have the guts to sit him.I have only watched two Chiefs games this year, but came away impressed after both. I would love to hear from others that may know more about their strengths/weaknesses and how Tebow and company match up.
I too was impressed with the Chiefs Defense, especially at home. That is until they threw up ZERO fantasy points and were dominated at home against arguably the worst team in the NFL, and got beaten down 31-3. Has to be taken into consideration this week vs. Tebow and the Broncos. I don't now what it is but there is something terribly wrong in Kansas City.

That's a great point, but I'm attributing some of that poor performance to the emotionally draining MNF win against the Chargers. They had been playing very well and were due for a letdown against a Phins team that is not as bad as their record would indicate. At home, I just can't see the Chief D putting up another poor performance.

I look for a bounce back game from KC, at home, v Div Rival for a Division Title on the line.. they will come to play...

I know the rankings posted last night were preliminary, but I was surprised to see Tebow at #4. I'm hoping this thread will focus solely on Tebow's prospects this week against the Chiefs. On the road, against a decent D, just doesn't seem like the kind of atmosphere I'm comfortable starting him. I know he has put up solid fantasy numbers in all of his starts (depending on your scoring league), but can you really start him over a Stafford, Eli or even Brady? Stafford is my other QB and although his matchup isn't juicy, on the road against Chicago, I don't have the guts to sit him.I have only watched two Chiefs games this year, but came away impressed after both. I would love to hear from others that may know more about their strengths/weaknesses and how Tebow and company match up.
the Miami game last week was some of the worst defense i've ever seen a professional team play

I'm a Tebow owner, and I think #4 is too high. I agree that KC will play much better D than last week. They also have a week to prepare for the read-option defense, which the Raiders didn't have. I do think Tebow's still a QB1 this week, but I'd rank him around the 8-10 range myself. For example, I know Eli and Brady have some tough defenses this week themselves, but I think they still have a higher floor than Tebow.

I have Stafford and Tebow. Starting Stafford and not looking back. I think that Tebow is a decent start this week, but there is no reason to sit Stafford.

I have Stafford and Tebow. Starting Stafford and not looking back. I think that Tebow is a decent start this week, but there is no reason to sit Stafford.
Yeah, I couldn't agree more! Stafford should be good for 250 2 TD's. I'm not looking for him to go off, but a solid effort should be on tap

Currently have Tebow in over Sanchez. Is it possible that Jets/Pats game is a shootout? If so, Sanchez may be the better play. Concerned about a bounce back game out of the KC defense as well.

Not sure what all the hand wringing is here - IF you have Stafford...............or Eli (as suggested) you START them over Tebow

Tebow starts are for the desperate OR those who need to hope for more total points

I doubt he projects to better than 10th this week against better options

Not sure what all the hand wringing is here - IF you have Stafford...............or Eli (as suggested) you START them over TebowTebow starts are for the desperate OR those who need to hope for more total points I doubt he projects to better than 10th this week against better options
You are way wrong with "Tebow starts are for the desperate". He's a top tier FANTASY QB. Like the guy or not, he produces fantasy points. Don't let Tebow hate blind your fantasty football judgement.

Not sure what all the hand wringing is here - IF you have Stafford...............or Eli (as suggested) you START them over Tebow

Tebow starts are for the desperate OR those who need to hope for more total points

I doubt he projects to better than 10th this week against better options
You are way wrong with "Tebow starts are for the desperate". He's a top tier FANTASY QB. Like the guy or not, he produces fantasy points. Don't let Tebow hate blind your fantasty football judgement.
WHAT Tebow hate? You never saw me post that in any form, so don't ascribe it to meI like the guy and own him on two dynasty teams. That doesn't make him a better start this week than Stafford

and what I said was "I doubt he projects to better than 10th this week against better options". Teams without those better options are desperate to play him over all the run of the mill options

Honestly I think the only concern with Tebow from here on out is whether he will get pulled during the game... He had possibly one of the worst performances through 4 quarters I've seen vs. Detroit at home and still managed a decent fantasy day equivalent to a 200 2/1 day from a pocket QB. By comparison Cutler played one of his better games vs the Eagles on monday and only scored 3 more pts than Tebow's rock bottom performance thusfar.

Arrowhead is one of the toughest places to play on the road, butI think it will be negated somewhat because the guy just seems to feed off of adversity for some reason. I wrote this in another thread, but if you think of him as a RB that throws the ball 20+ times a game, it's much easier to appreciate his FF value.

I wouldn't put Tebow in the top-5, but until he falters I would consider him to be a top-10 fantasy QB against all but the toughest defenses.

What about the 2 QB's playing each other?

Does Cassel have more value then Tebow this week.

That's about where I have Tebow ranked, around where

I have Cassel ranked, but slight uptick for Tebow here.

(I have both and am playing Tebow)

What about the 2 QB's playing each other?Does Cassel have more value then Tebow this week.That's about where I have Tebow ranked, around whereI have Cassel ranked, but slight uptick for Tebow here.(I have both and am playing Tebow)
Tebow and Cassell don't belong in the same sentence when discussing fantasy value/rankings.

starting him over Romo.... i like to live dangerously
That is exactly the decision I'm trying to make in one leaugue - Romo hasn't been outstanding and Austin is out so I'm giving it some serious thought. I do have him with Stafford in another league and I'm starting Stafford and not thinking twice about it. Fantasy Football is so much fun :football:

That is exactly the decision I'm trying to make in one leaugue - Romo hasn't been outstanding and Austin is out so I'm giving it some serious thought. I do have him with Stafford in another league and I'm starting Stafford and not thinking twice about it. Fantasy Football is so much fun :football:
Same here Agonizing over romo vs tebow this week. Tebow has outscored room last 2 weeks. At what point does everybody (including myself) toss their hands up in the air and acknowledge that tebow is a fantasy must start? How many more games of top 5 or 10 performances have to happen before a guy like romo officially becomes ur backup qb behind a must start regardless of matchup tebow?Let's not discount tebows performance vs oak this past Sunday guys. That too was a division rival. And a great pass rush he faced. And he shredded them on the ground and showed improvement in his decision making on his throws. Is kc's defense that much better than Oakland? I dunno. Given Romos matchup vs the bills (I think it could be a high scoring affair), perhaps for this week I keep romo in. But if tebow plays well again in arrowhead in a big game and outscored romo again I'll have to plant him in my starting lineup rest of the way and not look back.

PS if it makes a difference, KC currently ranks 19th vs the pass, allowing an avg of 258 passing yds per game, 18th vs the run, allowing 120 yds per game, and 26th in points allowed, allowing an average of 25.6 pts per game to opposing teams. That's not so scary if you ask me. I realize that its in arrowhead and a big divisional matchup, and Id actually love it and appreciate it if there are any geeks in here that can pull up these stats for their home games only and extract their away games.

But on paper it doesn't look too scary

Same here Agonizing over romo vs tebow this week. Tebow has outscored room last 2 weeks. At what point does everybody (including myself) toss their hands up in the air and acknowledge that tebow is a fantasy must start? How many more games of top 5 or 10 performances have to happen before a guy like romo officially becomes ur backup qb behind a must start regardless of matchup tebow?Let's not discount tebows performance vs oak this past Sunday guys. That too was a division rival. And a great pass rush he faced. And he shredded them on the ground and showed improvement in his decision making on his throws. Is kc's defense that much better than Oakland? I dunno. Given Romos matchup vs the bills (I think it could be a high scoring affair), perhaps for this week I keep romo in. But if tebow plays well again in arrowhead in a big game and outscored romo again I'll have to plant him in my starting lineup rest of the way and not look back.
Another Romo/Tebow here ... considering I'm a huge underdog vs my opponent, I'll probably go with Tebow as I think he has the higher ceiling (but also the lower floor)

For me, the issue with Tebow, like someone else mentioned, is if he gets pulled at some point in the game....but he seems to be a solid fantasy option otherwise. I've got Rivers against the Raiders and am mulling whether to start him or Tebow this week. Of course, Rivers plays tommorrow night so I have to make an early call. I'm starting to lean Tebow, wouldn't mind some input here though.

starting him over Brady
I know they are playing the Jet D, which looks great the past few weeks, but I just can't see sitting him for Tebow.
Jet D has looked great + Brady has not looked great + road game for Brady = below average stats for TomDenver adjusting their offense to suit Tebow better...call me crazy, but I see Tebow's floor as much higher than Brady's, and his ceiling could be higher this week too.

starting him over Brady
I know they are playing the Jet D, which looks great the past few weeks, but I just can't see sitting him for Tebow.
Jet D has looked great + Brady has not looked great + road game for Brady = below average stats for TomDenver adjusting their offense to suit Tebow better...call me crazy, but I see Tebow's floor as much higher than Brady's, and his ceiling could be higher this week too.
BALLS OF STEEL...IF you are serious! :eek: :popcorn:

starting him over Brady
FWIW, I have the same situation & am thinking like you. IF Brady weren't so damn pedestrian the past few weeks fantasy-wise, I'd start him no matter the opposing D. BUT, that Pats offense does not look scary these days & Brady is throwing Ints like crazy. I see Brady w/ a 250/1/1 kind of game....meh. IF Tebow could get to like 150 yds passing, I think he easily outscores Brady.

I have Rodgers and Tebow. Starting Rodgers and not looking back. I think that Tebow is a decent start this week, but there is no reason to sit Rodgers.

When Tim Tebow played meaningful snaps, here are his fantasy points per game, using FBG stats:

2010: Week 15: 25.7; Week 16: 27.1; Week 17: 31.6

2011: Week 7: 24.6; Week 8: 17.8 (in arguably the ugliest, most blowout, worst case scenario ever); Week 9: 28.

So, you gotta ask yourself, with numbers like these, does it really matter who he plays? Unless you have a clear stud (Rodgers, Cam, Vick, Brees, and Brady), you start Tebow. Stafford, Romo, Big Ben, Rivers, and maybe Eli could be tough calls - however, Tebow has shown more consistency than these guys have (albeit in a very limited sample of games).

Last edited by a moderator:
When Tim Tebow played meaningful snaps, here are his fantasy points per game, using FBG stats:2010: Week 15: 25.7; Week 16: 27.1; Week 17: 31.62011: Week 7: 24.6; Week 8: 17.8 (in arguably the ugliest, most blowout, worst case scenario ever); Week 9: 28.So, you gotta ask yourself, with numbers like these, does it really matter who he plays? Unless you have a clear stud (Rodgers, Cam, Vick, Brees, and Brady), you start Tebow. Stafford, Romo, Big Ben, Rivers, and maybe Eli could be tough calls - however, Tebow has shown more consistency than these guys have (albeit in a very limited sample of games).
:goodposting:

Tebow over ftzpatrick and flacco. Not such a hard decision. Benched him last week and it cost me a win. I just hate how despite the rankings I'm always scared to start him.

I don't care if your league gives points for tebowing, no way I start him over Eli or Stafford. I have all three and its not even considered, and I don't get the huge difference in rankings.

When Tim Tebow played meaningful snaps, here are his fantasy points per game, using FBG stats:2010: Week 15: 25.7; Week 16: 27.1; Week 17: 31.62011: Week 7: 24.6; Week 8: 17.8 (in arguably the ugliest, most blowout, worst case scenario ever); Week 9: 28.So, you gotta ask yourself, with numbers like these, does it really matter who he plays? Unless you have a clear stud (Rodgers, Cam, Vick, Brees, and Brady), you start Tebow. Stafford, Romo, Big Ben, Rivers, and maybe Eli could be tough calls - however, Tebow has shown more consistency than these guys have (albeit in a very limited sample of games).
sure it matters who he plays because you didn't show his opponents in those 6 games

you say worst case scenario but that game worked out perfectly for him to rack up garbage stats. he turned the ball over twice for Lions TDs ensuring a huge play count in the second half. I think he is a solid option but saying he is more consistent than Stafford or Eli is, as you said, too small a sample size to give him the edge. I can see over Romo or Rivers but not the other 3

For me, the issue with Tebow, like someone else mentioned, is if he gets pulled at some point in the game....but he seems to be a solid fantasy option otherwise. I've got Rivers against the Raiders and am mulling whether to start him or Tebow this week. Of course, Rivers plays tommorrow night so I have to make an early call. I'm starting to lean Tebow, wouldn't mind some input here though.
I'm leaning towards starting him over Rivers because I think he has a higher upside. I don't see tomorrow's game being a high scoring one so I think Rivers will be handing off a bit. I think Rivers needs lots of yds and TDs to top what Tebow can give.

sure it matters who he plays because you didn't show his opponents in those 6 games
2010 - Wk 15 @OAK (20th in D passer rating) Oak still in playoff hunt2010 - Wk 16 HOU (32nd in D passer rating) HOU out of playoff hunt2010 - Wk 17 SD (4th in D passer rating) SD out of playoff hunt2011 - Wk 7 @ MIA (30th in D passer rating)2011 - Wk 8 DET (4th in D passer rating)2011 - Wk 9 @OAK (8th in D passer rating)Right now Tebow is just getting it done. You play him understanding that the wheels could off any minute but, until they do, he's a top 10 options because that's what he's currently playing like. Here is the really suprising thing about Tebow, in my league where we score 4 pt TD, -2 for INT, 1 pt/20 yds pass, and normal running scoring Tebow is 8th in QB scoring since Wk 5. He has outscored Stafford, Brady, Romo, River, Fitzpatrick and Ryan in that time. He is within 2 points of Eli and Vick. Over a third of his points, so far, have come from his legs. Another interesting stat is that since Wk 5 he has more rushing yds than Lynch, Rice, BJGE, Beanie, and DeAngelo.

Tebow is scary any week. I don't know what makes this week any different. His style of play is so unorthodox that nobody feels comfortable playing him, but somehow he gets the job done. Just look at his game against the Lions. He had a terrible real life game, but somehow put up ok (not good) numbers.

I'm leaning towards starting him over Rivers because I think he has a higher upside. I don't see tomorrow's game being a high scoring one so I think Rivers will be handing off a bit. I think Rivers needs lots of yds and TDs to top what Tebow can give.
i'm in the same boat. i'll start 2 out of Tebow, Rivers and Matty Ice. I like Ryan playing the Saints in what will have to be some high scoring at home, and i think i'm being talked into Ryan vs. Rivers with Tebow as a definite :loco:

I have Stafford and Tebow. I will be starting Stafford, but I am making my decision solely on my opponent and I think its something you should consider too.

My opponent this week has an all or nothing type team who I have outgunned on paper. I think the approach to beating him is taking the conservative approach in case most of his guys hit for him this week. If you need max points possible because you don't think you'll win then go with Tebow.

Users who are viewing this thread