What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Texan's Defense (1 Viewer)

LSUmark

Footballguy
Curious on what everyone's thoughts are on the Texans Defense with out Wade phillips being there the next couple of weeks? The Texans who have been through a plethroa of injuries already this year both Offense and defensively... Does taking a coach away this late in the season going to relate to a decline in the defensive as a whole. Or since we are 14 weeks into the season should the defense pretty much be set with captains being just as effective as coaches in areas of play recogntion and audibles? If nothing else does it knock them out of the "elite" consider benching your studs against category, ie 49 ers against RB's. Does it make Cam Newton a no brain start against them or is everyone generaly feel they will be about the same. Again not asking on immediate sit start questions more interested on the factor as a whole to weigh against future decisions.

where will Phillips be? I missed that...
He's having an operation.My thought is that it will make little difference at this point. It's not like he hasn't any assistant defensive coaches, or that the signal callers on the field haven't got a clue.

True i do think they know what they are doing, but what I wonder is how much pre-game planning and teams getting use to a routine. The reason I hold the texans in different regards then most teams is that their defense was a fantasy goldmine start everyone against them last year, then wade came in and created this whole new system, so does it play more of a factor then if a stable defensive power house like the steelers lost their coach...

Users who are viewing this thread