What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

That Evil Suh! (1 Viewer)

delusional

Footballguy
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8665278/ndamukong-suh-history-considered-review-contact-next-week-nfl-executive-says

NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson on Friday told ESPN that every form of discipline will be considered against Detriot Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh if next week's planned review of Suh's kick to the groin of Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub determines that he made the contact deliberately.

"When you consider the history, everything is on the table," Anderson said.
Guy could probably get fined for illegal flatulence.

Here we go again (not about just Suh) - the NFLPA has complained all year (and years before), as have the fans, about the discipline policy. These were negotiated items in the CBA. If the players don't like them, then hold old out next time to have the process changed. In the interim, the policy LIKELY (note - I won't say definitely because I don't care to look) allows "past acts" to be taken in consideration. Was the play in itself innocuous? Yes, pretty much. But to say that Suh doesn't have a history of going over the line is disingenuous and likely complaints are coming from either a fan of the team, player or anti-league (and/or Goodell which I see often here and laugh at). Suh will get fined, he will get his appeal and, most likely like Reed, it will be reduced and he will get a "strongly worded letter" saying he needs to tone it down.

Why do these things bother people so much?

The officials already penalized Suh by handing the Texans the game.

Although a Lions fan, the kick was clearly intentional check 0:12 it looks like he moves his foot in order to kick.

Kick was intentional. Landing spot was just lucky. He's a thug.
This. For one, you could see his leg lash out after starting to bend in a little bit mid-fall, and for two, your legs do not flail like that when falling like that.Considering he got one game last year for the foot stomp, I could see them giving him two this time.Edit: He got two last year. He should get two again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before Goodell this guy would be considered a god of defensive players because of the aggression he plays with.

Now though, dude would get fined for spitting on the turf.

Before Goodell this guy would be considered a god of defensive players because of the aggression he plays with. Now though, dude would get fined for spitting on the turf.
Did Goodell get to write all the infractions that get reviewed for fines/suspensions? I keep seeing all these items blaming Goodell but I can never find anything saying he gave himself all that authority and that the guys who pay him (the owners) or negotiated with that side (the NFLPA) had no say so in this.I am also confident (sarcastically speaking) that the lawsuits brought by former players due to concussions and other ailments have NOTHING to do with the league stance against "aggressive players" like Suh?

'BaBastage said:
'Sea Duck said:
If it had been done by any other player, the league wouldn't have even reviewed it. Sad but true.
This is true, but not sad. Benefit of the doubt is reserved for players that deserve it, not players with a history of playing dirty.
:goodposting:

At least he's known for something other than being a huge bust. Maybe he's a mad genius because all people talk about is he is/isn't a thug. Guy is not much of a player.

At least he's known for something other than being a huge bust. Maybe he's a mad genius because all people talk about is he is/isn't a thug. Guy is not much of a player.
Bears fan here, so I am certainly not biased toward Suh...but huge bust? I would not agree with that at all, and honestly he seems like an incredibly disruptive force on the DL. He may not strike fear with his opponents but it would not shock me if he did. It seems to me that he kind of gives that defense an identity. I would not call him a bust but maybe you are seeing something I am not.

There will be no fines or suspensions, as there would be for any other player.

Just the media and haters looking for things to talk about, nothing to see here..

I said at the time it looked intentional and having watched it about 10 more times, it still looks intentional. He is without question a dirty player and hopefully this time they suspend him a little longer. I do agree that Suh could be one of the best d-line players in the NFL, he plays with great intensity, but he clearly has not learned how to control it yet.

It sure looked intentional, but it being unintentional is certainly plausible (unlike last year's footstomp). Not sure I'd feel comfortable handing down a suspension based solely on the video.

It sure looked intentional, but it being unintentional is certainly plausible (unlike last year's footstomp). Not sure I'd feel comfortable handing down a suspension based solely on the video.
This is the correct way to kick in the nuts.

Robinson was only fined 20K and this was looking at his target and doing for the nuts. This was way worse than yesterday.

Suh was falling away and his head was facing away. 20K is more than enough.

Says the Detroit fan... How many times had Robinson been in trouble prior to that incident? Had he been suspended prior to that? Had he been called out multiple times for seemingly dirty play.I don't know the answer but just because he got 20k doesn't mean that should be applied here, its like with your kid... If you neighbors kid shoots off a firecracker and it hits the dog and hurts it to where you have to go to the vet maybe they get a stern talking to. Next time its a different neighbor kid but he is the same kid that egged your house, poisoned your garden, and broke your front window for fun. This time you press charges with the cops... why? Because its a different person under different circumstances even if it was an accident.

This is nothing yet Suh was fined.

'fruity pebbles said:
Don't think he intentionally landed it in the nuts but I think he most intentionally meant to leg whip Schaub somewhere.
For sure.
'Warrior said:
Kick was intentional. Landing spot was just lucky. He's a thug.
Agreed. That definitely wasn't natural movement.
'Sea Duck said:
If it had been done by any other player, the league wouldn't have even reviewed it. Sad but true.
Nope.

It's not like he lined the nuts up like a field goal kicker. One of the hardest things to prove in this case is intent. But it does look like he failed to keep his leg under control and it does appear that he was flinging it to inflict some damage.

I think he'll get a fine and a warning.

It's not like he lined the nuts up like a field goal kicker. One of the hardest things to prove in this case is intent. But it does look like he failed to keep his leg under control and it does appear that he was flinging it to inflict some damage.

I think he'll get a fine and a warning.
Since when do they have to prove intent? The guy is a goon. Keep him off the field.

It's not like he lined the nuts up like a field goal kicker. One of the hardest things to prove in this case is intent. But it does look like he failed to keep his leg under control and it does appear that he was flinging it to inflict some damage. I think he'll get a fine and a warning.
Seemed like he had pretty good control of it to me....

It's not like he lined the nuts up like a field goal kicker. One of the hardest things to prove in this case is intent. But it does look like he failed to keep his leg under control and it does appear that he was flinging it to inflict some damage. I think he'll get a fine and a warning.
Seemed like he had pretty good control of it to me....
:goodposting: Right at the end it looks like he intentionally shifts his ankle just to make sure he got him (them?).The Detroit fans defending/fishing are funny in here. Keep it up - it goes well with the persona of the head coachboob. :thumbup:

I don't know about suspension...but a fine? Probably.

Brad Jones of the Packers got fined for his "blow to the head" on Stafford the weak before.

Jones rushed and jumped to block the pass as Stafford made it and in that process grazed the head of Stafford...got fined $15,750 for that crap.

At least Brian Robison took responsibility and apologized directly to TJ Lang for the incident. TJ Lang graciously accepted his apology. If Suh was involved, you would have to wonder if he would deny that the incident ever took place.

Ir kills me when CBS Sports halftime crew agree Suh is a POS and they wouldn't even shake his hand. How many times have these guys heaped praise on **** Butkus? What about the NBC Crew and the hiring of Rodney Harrison? Being dirty is part of the game, but for some reason Suh gets labeled a thug while Butkus is revered.

Ir kills me when CBS Sports halftime crew agree Suh is a POS and they wouldn't even shake his hand. How many times have these guys heaped praise on **** Butkus? What about the NBC Crew and the hiring of Rodney Harrison? Being dirty is part of the game, but for some reason Suh gets labeled a thug while Butkus is revered.
Ray Lewis pretty much killed a guy, and yet Suh is apparently the worst person ever. I never understand these things.

Ray Lewis pretty much killed a guy, and yet Suh is apparently the worst person ever. I never understand these things.
Off topic about an off topic! Aren't we discussing Suh's kick? That extra little kick at the end seems to show his intent. The guy tries to hurt other players. For that, he should be suspended and the suspensions should be progressive until he either controls himself or is banned from the game. If a Ray Lewis, **** Butkus or Rodney Harrison thread pops up, I might post in those threads, but no reason to discuss them here.

Off topic about an off topic! Aren't we discussing Suh's kick? That extra little kick at the end seems to show his intent. The guy tries to hurt other players. For that, he should be suspended and the suspensions should be progressive until he either controls himself or is banned from the game. If a Ray Lewis, **** Butkus or Rodney Harrison thread pops up, I might post in those threads, but no reason to discuss them here.
That kick was not an attempt to injure him. There are DBs pot shotting receivers in the head on the regular, those guys are the ones trying to injure people.

The topic appears to be that Suh is evil. We are discussing his relative good/evil and image/reputation in the league. That seems to fit perfectly.

I wish I had the athletic ability to kick people in the balls while falling down and not looking at them. :ph34r:

Big hits were allowed and expected when Butkus was playing.It would be one thing if it was just the media that was vilifying Suh's play...but his own peers see him as dirty (just as Harrison was).Being dirty is not "part" of the game.Quit making excuses because the guy plays for your team.

Says the Nebraska fan...just because the media says something doesn't make it so. Ray Lewis has seemed to turn a corner in his public life and seems to be doing good things. If Suh wants to get more leway on Sunday when he stomps on a lineman when they are laying down or hit a QB to the head or kick someone when they are down then he needs to get a good public image by helping out all the less fortunate both in Detroit and elsewhere. If he were looked at as an animal on the field but an amazing guy off the field I think there would be less issues.Also, Suh is a dirty player and nothing you can do about that and comparing him to Butkus would never happen as most people now have never watched But play, i for one never have. Also who is to say Suh wouldn't be hired by ESPN to do NFL pre game? He still is a dirty player either way and it doesnt matter if the media talks about it he still is one of the top dirty players in the NFL right now for the brashness. There might be dirtier players but they fly under the radar as they don't make it so obvious.

Big hits were allowed and expected when Butkus was playing.It would be one thing if it was just the media that was vilifying Suh's play...but his own peers see him as dirty (just as Harrison was).Being dirty is not "part" of the game.Quit making excuses because the guy plays for your team.
:goodposting: As long as it's not a Packer thread or Bears thread, I often agree with Sho :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread