What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thats right Hank (1 Viewer)

Wrigley

Footballguy
Hank Steinbrenner is a tool

He owns a team full of roid users......and he has the nuts to point a finger at the NFL

LINK

Hankenstein strikes again.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Cashman if the highly touted Hughes disappoints this year.

Answered NFL spokesman Greg Aiello: "We've had year-round random testing with immediate suspensions since 1990 and we conduct approximately 12,000 steroids tests a year."
I love how those in the NFL completely ignore HGH.

I don't think is unreasonable for some to question Mitchell in regard to his Red Sox ties. He probably should have recused himself from this assignment given that, because these questions were inevitable, even if he was above board. I don't think the Sox are clean, but nor do I think Mitchell intentionally kept any out of the report, but what Hank raises are real questions. My issue is more with Hank raising it, he should be above that fray, so bad job by Hank.

However, its about time someone from MLB started calling out the NFL on this bogus hypocracy. If you don't think the majority of NFL players are juicing, you are being willfully oblivious. I don't begrudge baseball getting dragged through the mud for this, they've not kept their house in order and they deserve to answer questions in regard to that. But Jesus, its front page news when Roger Clemens gets named in the Mitchell report but Merriman skates after his suspension? We get to hear about what a great leader he is, etc? Insanity.

Hank goes for 1 for 2 on these comments, with a strikeout and a double.

He owns a team full of roid users......and he has the nuts to point a finger at the NFL

LINK
Really?
Yes
I think a more accurate statement is "he owns a team that was in the same city as one of the two guys who confessed he and his clients' involvement with steroids."
:fishing: It's too bad Mitchell couldn't interview clubhouse attendants around the league.

Wrigley, it's OK. I believe Sosa was clean when he was hitting balls out everywhere.

:fishing:

He's got some points here... Most feel at least 50% of baseball was taking stuff.. The Yankees are taking the fall for MLB... I'm just glad I never railed on against Bonds becasue ALL ALONG I said this was a MLB issue much more than individual.....

And, I don't know, I'd guess 70% of the NFL, is on HGH??????

I heard a guy (Cartman from Boomer and Cartman) on the radio the other day saying he wouldn't allow Pettite in his home.....

HUH???? I bet he'd allow Shawn Merriman though.... WTF is the difference?????

Actors, Rappers and NFL Kickers are taking HGH but, this guy hates Andy Pettite?

Last edited by a moderator:

LINK
Really?
Yes
I think a more accurate statement is "he owns a team that was in the same city as one of the two guys who confessed he and his clients' involvement with steroids."
:own3d: It's too bad Mitchell couldn't interview clubhouse attendants around the league.

Wrigley, it's OK. I believe Sosa was clean when he was hitting balls out everywhere.

:thumbup:
The guy who confessed that his clients' were involved, worked for the NL club............so why is Hank got his panties in a bunch? Does it have anything to do with having McNamme in his clubhouse for 10 years or so?..........Or is it that he had at least 4 players that were on his roster named to the Mitchell report?Instead of taking some blame, he would rather point a finger at the big bad NFL......come on Hank take SOME responsibility

I'm not saying the NFL is any better, but at least they know when to shut up.

Sosa was clean, I'm telling you........just a jerk off.

Last edited by a moderator:

LINK
Really?
Yes
;) It's too bad Mitchell couldn't interview clubhouse attendants around the league.

:rolleyes:
The guy who confessed that his clients' were involved, worked for the NL club............so why is Hank got his panties in a bunch? Does it have anything to do with having McNamme in his clubhouse for 10 years or so?..........Or is it that he had at least 4 players that were on his roster named to the Mitchell report?Instead of taking some blame, he would rather point a finger at the big bad NFL......come on Hank take SOME responsibility

I'm not saying the NFL is any better, but at least they know when to shut up.

Sosa was clean, I'm telling you........just a jerk off.
as in clean, do you mean roided outta his mind. then yes, he was clean

He's got some points here... Most feel at least 50% of baseball was taking stuff.. The Yankees are taking the fall for MLB... I'm just glad I never railed on against Bonds becasue ALL ALONG I said this was a MLB issue much more than individual.....

I heard a guy (Cartman from Boomer and Cartman) on the radio the other day saying he wouldn't allow Pettite in his home.....

Actors, Rappers and NFL Kickers are taking HGH but, this guy hates Andy Pettite?
He's the biggest Mets homer you'd meet. He says things just to hear himself speak.

pillowpants said:
Reaper said:

He's the biggest Mets homer you'd meet. He says things just to hear himself speak.
sounds a lot like white sox fans, except mets fans prolly have teeth...

pillowpants said:
Reaper said:

They may, but most White Sox fans are not ESL students.

pillowpants said:
Reaper said:

ESL?

pillowpants said:
Reaper said:

ESL?
:yes:

I don't think is unreasonable for some to question Mitchell in regard to his Red Sox ties. He probably should have recused himself from this assignment given that, because these questions were inevitable, even if he was above board. I don't think the Sox are clean, but nor do I think Mitchell intentionally kept any out of the report, but what Hank raises are real questions. My issue is more with Hank raising it, he should be above that fray, so bad job by Hank.However, its about time someone from MLB started calling out the NFL on this bogus hypocracy. If you don't think the majority of NFL players are juicing, you are being willfully oblivious. I don't begrudge baseball getting dragged through the mud for this, they've not kept their house in order and they deserve to answer questions in regard to that. But Jesus, its front page news when Roger Clemens gets named in the Mitchell report but Merriman skates after his suspension? We get to hear about what a great leader he is, etc? Insanity. Hank goes for 1 for 2 on these comments, with a strikeout and a double.
Clemens is just a tad more high profile than Merriman. His denials and antics have done nothing but fuel the fire. You really do sound like a major homer on this. Why is this about the Red Sox again? or about Football for that matter. Giambi, Sheffield, Clemens, Pettite... the list goes on. Amazing to me that a team that stacked and with major financial advantages, has gotten exposed so badly.Here's some food for thought for you from the NY Times...When the Yankees won their third successive World Series and fourth in five years in 2000, Torre, their manager, was hailed as an automatic entrant to the Hall of Fame. Now, however, it develops that the Yankees’ 2000 team was loaded with players who used performance-enhancing drugs before, during or after that season.Between the Mitchell report and unsealed affidavits filed by law enforcement officials, the count has reached 10, including Clemens, Denny Neagle and Jason Grimsley. Others named included Andy Pettitte, Chuck Knoblauch, Mike Stanton and David Justice, but the use for which they are cited occurred after the 2000 World Series.It may be far-fetched to question whether Torre could be tainted by the steroids fallout, but there are critics who say baseball should do something about records possibly enhanced by steroids use, so why should a team be any different from a player? If you want to question many of Bonds’s 762 home runs and Clemens’s 354 victories, look at teams’ achievements, too.According to the Mitchell report, Clemens used steroids in the latter half of the 2000 season. Neagle played for the Yankees in the latter half of that season and, according to Mitchell, used human growth hormone.Neagle won four successive starts from Aug. 27 through Sept. 12. Clemens, following Neagle in the rotation, won three of four starts. Three times they won consecutive games. Their efforts helped the Yankees increase their division lead from three games to nine.The Yankees, who lost 13 of their last 15 games, won the division by 2 ½ games over the Red Sox. Without the performances of Neagle and Clemens, who knows what would have happened? The wild card wasn’t available to the Yankees because the second-place teams in the other divisions had better records.If the Yankees hadn’t played in the postseason that year and had not been in position to win their third straight World Series, Torre would not have received the acclaim he enjoyed. It would also have made for an earlier start to the streak of seasons without a World Series championship and might have resulted in an earlier departure for Torre.

You really do sound like a major homer on this.
:goodposting: You'll keep hearing "everyone was doing it" from Yankee fans. But who got caught?
Meh.I said the same things I'm saying now when it was "only" Bonds.... Because even back then I knew that players on my team and yours also did it. I thought back then that it was unfair and Bonds was the scapegoat for MLB's problems... No reason to change that POV now.And maybe it's of no interest to you but, I kinda think a good percentage of NFL player take HGH.. You don't????? Should we question the Pats and Chargers because we know "only" Merriman and Rodney "got caught"??What's the difference? Why is it a big deal in baseball and not in football??? That's not a legit question??? Same question I asked with Bonds Vs Merriman.Watch the combine this week... These guys are absolute freaks - Vernon Gholston has been discussed a lot as a HGH user, he'll go in the top 10.... I wonder what is going to happen once they can test for HGH.... The whole NFL may be turned upside down....But, back to the Yankees.... Heck, Asterisk them... Stuff like that doesn't bother me - To me, an asterisk is just a point of discussion and YES there is something to be discussed in all this in regards to the Yankees.....

I don't think is unreasonable for some to question Mitchell in regard to his Red Sox ties. He probably should have recused himself from this assignment given that, because these questions were inevitable, even if he was above board. I don't think the Sox are clean, but nor do I think Mitchell intentionally kept any out of the report, but what Hank raises are real questions. My issue is more with Hank raising it, he should be above that fray, so bad job by Hank.However, its about time someone from MLB started calling out the NFL on this bogus hypocracy. If you don't think the majority of NFL players are juicing, you are being willfully oblivious. I don't begrudge baseball getting dragged through the mud for this, they've not kept their house in order and they deserve to answer questions in regard to that. But Jesus, its front page news when Roger Clemens gets named in the Mitchell report but Merriman skates after his suspension? We get to hear about what a great leader he is, etc? Insanity. Hank goes for 1 for 2 on these comments, with a strikeout and a double.
Clemens is just a tad more high profile than Merriman. His denials and antics have done nothing but fuel the fire. You really do sound like a major homer on this. Why is this about the Red Sox again? or about Football for that matter. Giambi, Sheffield, Clemens, Pettite... the list goes on. Amazing to me that a team that stacked and with major financial advantages, has gotten exposed so badly.Here's some food for thought for you from the NY Times...When the Yankees won their third successive World Series and fourth in five years in 2000, Torre, their manager, was hailed as an automatic entrant to the Hall of Fame. Now, however, it develops that the Yankees’ 2000 team was loaded with players who used performance-enhancing drugs before, during or after that season.Between the Mitchell report and unsealed affidavits filed by law enforcement officials, the count has reached 10, including Clemens, Denny Neagle and Jason Grimsley. Others named included Andy Pettitte, Chuck Knoblauch, Mike Stanton and David Justice, but the use for which they are cited occurred after the 2000 World Series.It may be far-fetched to question whether Torre could be tainted by the steroids fallout, but there are critics who say baseball should do something about records possibly enhanced by steroids use, so why should a team be any different from a player? If you want to question many of Bonds’s 762 home runs and Clemens’s 354 victories, look at teams’ achievements, too.According to the Mitchell report, Clemens used steroids in the latter half of the 2000 season. Neagle played for the Yankees in the latter half of that season and, according to Mitchell, used human growth hormone.Neagle won four successive starts from Aug. 27 through Sept. 12. Clemens, following Neagle in the rotation, won three of four starts. Three times they won consecutive games. Their efforts helped the Yankees increase their division lead from three games to nine.The Yankees, who lost 13 of their last 15 games, won the division by 2 ½ games over the Red Sox. Without the performances of Neagle and Clemens, who knows what would have happened? The wild card wasn’t available to the Yankees because the second-place teams in the other divisions had better records.If the Yankees hadn’t played in the postseason that year and had not been in position to win their third straight World Series, Torre would not have received the acclaim he enjoyed. It would also have made for an earlier start to the streak of seasons without a World Series championship and might have resulted in an earlier departure for Torre.
Wow, journalistic quality in the NY Times has really gone to ####. The next to last and second to last paragraphs contain some of the most bogus information I've ever read in a sports article.Does the writer remember that the Yankees boosted their division lead by the beginning of September so much that they put it on cruise control down the stretch? If they had been in a wild card fight, there's oh I don't know, a decent chance they would've brought a little more intensity to those games. They WERE coming off back-to-back titles so I'm assuming they could have mustered enough to win a handful more games. But hey, he wants to claim they were put in that esteemed position by Neagle/Clemens? That's fine. I'll debunk that one later on.But how is it possible that he can cherry-pick starts from Denny Neagle to prove his point that Neagle helped put them in the playoffs?!? He was 7-7 with the Yankees with an ERA that approached 6!!! Yes, he won 3 of 4 games that helped boost the division lead in late August. He then completely fell apart and was a mess in September. So um, that doesn't cancel out? I'll explain (here's the debunking part).The writer's logic apparently is to suggest that Neagle helped build up this huge lead so the team could coast down the stretch, and they barely held onto the lead. And since they played so poorly, Boston could have caught them without the efforts of Neagle/Clemens. But let's say Neagle isn't on roids and doesn't win 3 of 4, nor does Clemens. Let's say they lose all 8 of them. Doesn't he realize that if Neagle hadn't won those 3 of 4, the Yankees wouldn't have been able to coast down the stretch? So we're supposed to believe that a team that was back to back champs and currently leading the division by just one game is still going to lose 13 of 15? In all likelihood, without the "roid contributions" of those two guys, they win a few more than they did in September (Neagle included, because we gave him four losses in late August and even being conservative for him you can't project that he would've won zero games for two full months) and win the division by the same number of games anyway.

:loco: You'll keep hearing "everyone was doing it" from Yankee fans. But who got caught?
A few guys not in the Mitchell Report:-Rafael Palmiero-Mark McGwire-Sammy Sosa-Ken CamininittiAnd OJ is also not guilty of murder.If you feel like this list is comprehensive, and you want to call me a homer for thinking otherwise, than thats a label I live with free and easy, because you can look past your fandom if you can't comprehend otherwise.

:goodposting: You'll keep hearing "everyone was doing it" from Yankee fans. But who got caught?
A few guys not in the Mitchell Report:-Rafael Palmiero-Mark McGwire-Sammy Sosa-Ken CamininittiAnd OJ is also not guilty of murder.If you feel like this list is comprehensive, and you want to call me a homer for thinking otherwise, than thats a label I live with free and easy, because you can look past your fandom if you can't comprehend otherwise.
:goodposting: For the life of me, I don't understand why people don't get this. Are people that naive to think that the only places you can get roids are in Tampa, BALCO labs, and Jose Canseco? Radomsky was going away for a long time if he didn't blow the whistle on a whole bunch of people. If the Mitchell guys had had access to the San Diego Padres or Minnesota Twins trainers, you guys don't think they'd have found a number of players on every team across baseball?And by the way, it's only been proven that one key guy on the Yankees was roided up during their World Series run (Clemens), and that guy got there in the middle of it. They had won two in three seasons prior to his arrival, including oh I don't know maybe the best team of all-time. But go on, you guys can keep telling yourselves that the only reason they won those titles is because Jason Grimsley and Denny Neagle were on steroids and no other team had anyone on it.

1. Hank Steinbrenner is an idiot. He has already proven that. I am looking forward to seeing him continue to stick his foot in his mouth.

2. I think the thing with the Mitchell report is that they basically only got two of the trainers, and those two trainers were aligned with two teams. There is no doubt in my mind, each team has their own dealer. As a red sox fan, I am not stupid enough to believe that no Red Sox players were/are taking something. Please. You look at some players during their rookie years to the present, and there is no way, they could change that much, naturally.

Balco said:
1. Hank Steinbrenner is an idiot. He has already proven that. I am looking forward to seeing him continue to stick his foot in his mouth.2. I think the thing with the Mitchell report is that they basically only got two of the trainers, and those two trainers were aligned with two teams. There is no doubt in my mind, each team has their own dealer. As a red sox fan, I am not stupid enough to believe that no Red Sox players were/are taking something. Please. You look at some players during their rookie years to the present, and there is no way, they could change that much, naturally.
obviously its not only those 2 teams.... its sickening actually, to even think about it

Users who are viewing this thread