What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 2012 All-Value Team (1 Viewer)

Touchdown There

Footballguy
MyFantasyLeague.com ADP for PPR redraft.

Who is on your must-draft all value list according to ADP? No more than one pick per round. Deep value picks past round 10 are worth bonus points. Picking guys in round 1 is worth -27.99.

3.04 - Greg Jennings: If you are risk averse early in the draft, take a guy you can count on with the best QB in the NFL.

4.03 - D Thomas: I like Peyton to stay healthy, so I like D Thomas even more. I look at it like this. It is a high probablility that D Thomas will be fantastic with Peyton. What about without him? I still think he will be fantastic, so I like D Thomas in the 4th this year.

5.11 - Roy Helu: Are the Redskins going to let Helu take all the #1 snaps for camp and then insert Hightower game 1? Some people think so. This is a ballsy pick, but Shanahan knows where his speed is. RG3 is going to not only widen the defense, but probably back them up too. Whether or not the Redskins are winning, I think Helu is going to be a winner for fantasy owners this year. It is a tough call, but Helu over Martin in the 5th.

7.02 - RG3: I am going to take RG3 in the 6th round if I did not select a QB in the first 2 rounds. He will not be Cam Newton, but I want a QB that gives me both rushing and passing points. If I take a top 5 QB in the first two rounds, I pass on RG3 here.

7.08 - Fred Davis: There is some risk in the RG3/Fred Davis hookup and there is a low floor. However, there is also a very high ceiling and Fred Davis is transitioning into the prime of his career. Swing for the fences even if you took one of the top 2 TEs early in the draft.

8.05 - David Wilson: I like guys like Meachem and Hillis from this round. At this point I am still swinging for the fences. David Wilson is going to do very well in 2012 regardless of Bradshaw's health. I like Wilson's talent and I like the possibility of big numbers late in the season. At some point you just have to call Bradshaw's feet a chronic issue.

11.04 - Daniel Thomas: This a bet against the new coaches playing Reggie Bush in the same way this year. I would also grab Lamar Miller late, late to take the second piece of the anti-Bush bet.

13.01 - Randy Moss: In the 13th, don't you have to take a bet on his upside with no real expectations of it working out?

14.11 - Kevin Smith: A must have on your roster at this price. Best is likely to have his workload reduced regardless of whether or not he is running well. There are a lot of people in the LeShoure camp and I understand that. I am putting my money on the healthy guy kicking butt in the weight room right now. I think he is hungry. I am not sure if he can stay healthy.

17.09 - Jerome Simpson: Fantasy football is about putting a guy in your lineup that will give you the best PPG you can possibly get. Simpson will be the perfect bye-week filler after he comes back from suspension.

** This list will be fluid. I reserve the right to change it as week 1 approaches. This is beta 1.1a.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good dog days of offseason thread idea.

First round: Calvin Johnson--I think it's your surest bet to get the #1 guy at his position.

Second round: Darren McFadden--Thought about Jamaal Charles, as well. McFadden may miss some games, but he will win you some weeks outright as well. And you can handcuff him real cheap.

Third round: Darren Sproles--trying to think of a reason why he won't do the same thing he did last year. I think Brees likes the percentage in throwing to Sproles, and the little guy can be a RB1 with 8 carries and 4 catches. Doesn't need a lot of touches to make it happen. Almost took Harvin here.

Fourth round: Demaryius Thomas--The only potentially special player catching passes from Manning. Love Decker, but he and Tamme will need to be compilers for their fantasy points. Bey Bey can outscore them both with three catches.

Fifth round: Think I like this round better than the 4th! With the shortage of backs, gotta go with Martin over DeSean and Stevie. I like Tampa to bounce back a bit, and I think Martin takes the job from Blount, and never looks back.

Sixth round: SO you get two backs and three WRs in the first 5 rounds, and can grab Romo in the 6th? That's pretty sweet.

Seventh round: Denarius Moore. Can't be mad at Manning here, but I think you have to have stud QB numbers these days, not sure he isn't just really good in Denver. Moore as a WR 3 or 4 is solid. I think he's special. :homer:

Eighth round: Isaac Redman. Steelers starter in the 8th? Yes, please.

Ninth round: Donald Brown. I would probably take Mike Williams myself, but Luck could easily make the offense legit, making some nice opportunities for an average talent like Brown.

Tenth round: Tony Gonzales. Once Graham and Gronk are gone, the difference between the next 5 guys and Gonzo won't be worth taking them 4 rounds ahead of him.

11th round: Malcolm Floyd. Floyd is as boring as it gets, but he will get his.

12th round: Lamar Miller. May take a few weeks, but I think he takes over in MIA, making Bush and Thomas specialty players.

13th round: Greg Olsen. Cam taking less chances with his feet in the redzone could result in double digit TDs for Olsen.

14th round: Ryan Fitzpatrick. I blame the injury for his poor second half. He'll be my backup in most leagues. He's good.

15th round: Alex Green. If Starks was the goods, he would have beat out Grant. Nice lottery ticket to get the starting RB for an insane offense.

16th round: Tim Hightower. Easy call here.

17th round: Jerome Simpson. Three game suspension doesn't matter for a backup on your fantasy roster, no bye weeks the first three weeks! I like Ponder a bit, and think it's Harvin and Simpson, and not much else competition for catches.

Guys that I'll probably end up with on quite a few redraft teams this year:

QB - Jay Cutler - 96th overall

RB - Willis McGahee - 77th

Peyton Hillis - 86th

WR - Reggie Wayne - 79th

Sidney Rice - 93rd

Nate Washington - 141st (!!!)

TE - Jacob Tamme - 102nd

Brent Celek - 122nd

Greg Olsen - 143rd

Who is on your must-draft all value list according to ADP? No more than one pick per round. Deep value picks past round 10 are worth bonus points. Picking guys in round 1 is worth -27.99.

5.11 - Roy Helu: Are the Redskins going to let Helu take all the #1 snaps for camp and then insert Hightower game 1? Some people think so. This is a ballsy pick, but Shanahan knows where his speed is. RG3 is going to not only widen the defense, but probably back them up too. Whether or not the Redskins are winning, I think Helu is going to be a winner for fantasy owners this year. It is a tough call, but Helu over Martin in the 5th.
This is the only really bad call from your list.1) It's Shanahan

2) Tim Hightower

3) see #1

No way you can spend that high a pick on more Shananigans and not take a guy like Martin or a WR

2) Tim Hightower

3) see #1

No way you can spend that high a pick on more Shananigans and not take a guy like Martin or a WR
"This year's Gonna Be Different!!"

3.04 - Greg Jennings: If you are risk averse early in the draft, take a guy you can count on with the best QB in the NFL.

4.03 - D Thomas: I like Peyton to stay healthy, so I like D Thomas even more. I look at it like this. It is a high probablility that D Thomas will be fantastic with Peyton. What about without him? I still think he will be fantastic, so I like D Thomas in the 4th this year.

7.02 - RG3: I am going to take RG3 in the 6th round if I did not select a QB in the first 2 rounds. He will not be Cam Newton, but I want a QB that gives me both rushing and passing points. If I take a top 5 QB in the first two rounds, I pass on RG3 here.

7.08 - Fred Davis: There is some risk in the RG3/Fred Davis hookup and there is a low floor. However, there is also a very high ceiling and Fred Davis is transitioning into the prime of his career. Swing for the fences even if you took one of the top 2 TEs early in the draft.

8.05 - David Wilson: I like guys like Meachem and Hillis from this round. At this point I am still swinging for the fences. David Wilson is going to do very well in 2012 regardless of Bradshaw's health. I like Wilson's talent and I like the possibility of big numbers late in the season. At some point you just have to call Bradshaw's feet a chronic issue.

11.04 - Daniel Thomas: This a bet against the new coaches playing Reggie Bush in the same way this year. I would also grab Lamar Miller late, late to take the second piece of the anti-Bush bet.

13.01 - Randy Moss: In the 13th, don't you have to take a bet on his upside with no real expectations of it working out?

14.11 - Kevin Smith: A must have on your roster at this price. Best is likely to have his workload reduced regardless of whether or not he is running well. There are a lot of people in the LeShoure camp and I understand that. I am putting my money on the healthy guy kicking butt in the weight room right now. I think he is hungry. I am not sure if he can stay healthy.

17.09 - Jerome Simpson: Fantasy football is about putting a guy in your lineup that will give you the best PPG you can possibly get. Simpson will be the perfect bye-week filler after he comes back from suspension.

** This list will be fluid. I reserve the right to change it as week 1 approaches. This is beta 1.1a.
I like your list except for Helu. I think most of those guys will jump up the ADP significantly by the end of pre-season, so the sooner someone can draft, the sooner they can get guys like these.Instead of Helu in the 5th, I'd take Martin, Doug TBB RB.

Filling in some rounds, Donald Brown in the 9th, Starks in the 10th, Collie in the 12th, Emmanuel Sanders in the 15th, Dickson in the 16th, Heath Miller in the 18th, and I'll finish off with a great value of Eddie Royal in the 19th.

PS: I hope FF Ninja shows up :D

Second - Andre Johnson

Third - Darren Sproles

Fourth - Aaron Hernandez

Fifth - Reggie Bush

Sixth - Peyton Manning

Seventh - Denarius Moore

Eighth- Isaac Redman

Ninth - Matt Schaub

Eleventh - Ryan Williams

Twelfth - Malcolm Floyd

Fourteenth - Shane Vereen

PS: I hope FF Ninja shows up :D
I've already listed my guys in one thread or another, but I haven't talked about QBs much. I think Big Ben will be a great value play this year. Carson Palmer, too. I wouldn't be the least bit sad to end up with Ben and Carson as my only two QBs. I also think Fitzpatrick and Cutler will outperform their ADPs. I don't feel as good about him or his upside, but Flynn could surprise some people.I wasn't going to get in WRs, but I guess I can't pass up one more opportunity... Brandon Lloyd

2) Tim Hightower

3) see #1

horse puckey

Guys that I'll probably end up with on quite a few redraft teams this year:QB - Jay Cutler - 96th overallRB - Willis McGahee - 77th Peyton Hillis - 86thWR - Reggie Wayne - 79th Sidney Rice - 93rd Nate Washington - 141st (!!!)TE - Jacob Tamme - 102nd Brent Celek - 122nd Greg Olsen - 143rd
I agree with everyone on this list but Tamme.3) I like both Lynch and Cruz in this round. Lynch is going to outperform half the guys in front of him and Cruz is being drafted at his fallback production even though he's coming off a monster year. I can see Cruz finding his way into the top five again.4) Austin, Colston and Maclin are all guys who have a really good shot at finishing as a top 10 WR. 5) I would be ecstatic to get Reggie Bush in round five.6) Rivers, who would have my vote as the best draft bargain. 7) Denarius Moore. Extremely talented with a full off season with Palmer gets me drooling. 8) If I whiff on Rivers, Big Ben here. But if not, I'm taking a stab at David Wilson. Maybe not the value that's discussed because this is more of an upside pick, but I really like Wilson's chances this year to put up strong numbers given that Bradshaw is injury prone and I think just an average NFL RB.9) I like Cutler here as well, but getting a starting RB like Donald Brown here is robbery.10) Starks. Another starting RB this late is just gold. 11) Celek (okay, he's 10.12 on this list, but whatever). The guy was a beast after week 6. My other candidate for most under-valued.12) Vereen for upside alone.13) Palmer. I suspect he'll be my QB2 in every redraft league if he keeps falling to round 13. 14) Nate Washington getting no respect.15) Mike Goodson. I think he'll be more than just a handcuff and could be a decent Flex/bye week filler.

great idea for a thread.

2nd - andre johnson

3rd - brandon marshall

4th - steve smith (the 23rd WR off the board? are you kidding me?!)

5th - fred jackson (top 3 fantasy back when he got hurt. i think the touches stay the same)

6th - eric decker - in late august i don't think you're gonna get decker here

7th - reggie wayne (unless luck is horrendous this year wayne should not be this low)

8th - greg little (my prediction: top 15-20 WR this year.)

9th - donald brown

10th - mikel leshoure (i love watching jahvid best, but the guy is a timebomb)

11th - owen daniels

12th - jake locker (top 10 QB in 2012. bold? yeah. delusional? maybe)

13th - greg olsen

14th - ryan fitzpatrick

15th - alex green

16th - tim hightower

17th - jerome simpson

22nd - steve smith, rams (2 years ago this guy was a 4th rounder. great routes, hands, possible breakout qb, definite opportunity. in the 22nd round?)

24th - josh morgan (i've always liked morgan, so maybe this is wishful thinking. i'll probably take him late in every draft.)

31st - james casey (ditto)

2) Tim Hightower

3) see #1

it appears he is overvaluing WAS players... Helu, RG3, and TE Davis are all 'value plays'?

That looks more like the All-Gamble Team

When I look at value I tend to look at the positions and draft in pockets. For example, as a general rule I don't draft QBs in the 1st 4 rounds. However, if I can land a guy I think is one of the elites at that position towards the later side of round 3 or perhaps round 4, I will take him. Generally speaking that isn't the case though. Without getting into a long novel here on all those thoughts here is a list of guys I really like and will be keeping my eye on in drafts, given their current ADPs.

QBs;

Staffford (3.06) - As mentioned above, I believe Stafford is one of the few elite QBs and he could realistically score the most fantasy points of any player if things break right. At 3.06 I'd more than likley have to pull the trigger on him.

E. Manning (6.11) - Eli at the end of round 6 is a great value IMO. He is a qualtiy starter for any fantasy team, though not elite.

Cutler (9.07) - Pretty much the same as Eli but a bit more question marks, thus the later value. Cutler is a guy who many will draft as a backup but could easily replace the guy they drafted to be the primary starer at some point in the season.

Weeden (14.12) - Weeden will not light the fantasy world on fire but will be a guy who can keep an otherwise solid team afloat if injuries derail your QB situation. Seeing that he's available at the end of round 14 there is virtually no risk.

RBs;

Peterson (2.07) - Almost the same argument as Stafford. Peterson is capable of elite production and could easily be a 1st round pick. He's be hard to pass up in round 2 even if I drafted Rice or Foster already.

Green-Ellis (5.02) - I expect better priduction out of Green-Ellis in the Cinci backfield than Benson put up the last few years and Benson was a very solid fantasy contributor the past few years. I think you get a boarderline RB1 in round 5 with him.

Williams/Stewart (7.07/7.08) - I was shocked to see the ADPs of these guys were basically dead locked in round 7. If I find myself in a situation in round 6 where I have very few RBs on the roster (maybe I loaded up on WR value) then I would look to take these guys in back to back round and sure up what I think is a lock of a high scoring RB tandom. Sure, they may be some "who do I start?" head scratchers but at this value I'll deal with it.

L. Miller (14.01) - I'm a believer in Miller's talent and therefor I'd roll the dice on him with this kind of late flyer.

WRs;

AJ Green (3.05) - Again, here is a guy I think is capable of elite production that can be had in round 3.

B. Bowe (5.10) - Looking over the ADPs, there seems to be some serious value in round 5. Bowe is the guy I like most. He is an unquestioned WR1 on his team, has top level ability and his offense should see massive improvement due to health and aquisitions.

S. Johnson (6.10) - I know Stevie had a sub par year in 2011, but he is still capalbe of WR1 produciton. At worst he is a solid WR2 and that is value in the 6th round.

R. Moss/T. Young (9.04) - These guys are tied with and ADP of 9.04 and both are huge gambles that could either be a jackpot hit or a midseason cut. I'll take that chance in the 9th round.

LaFell (12.12) - There's already been a ton of off-season buzz about LaFell so I'm assuming this ADP will quicly rise over the next few months. Non the less, I imagin it will settle in at around 10.02 and he will still represent great value. I think LaFell is poised for a break out year of sorts, posting respectable WR2 numbers.

TE;

F. Davis (7.06) - I love F. Davis and pretty much always have. IMO he has the kind of elite ability it requires to post a 1,000+ yd and 10+ TD season from the TE position. Maybe this is the year it all falls into place for him? At worst I see him as an average TE1 that you can get at a steep discount to the Elite guys.

Gresham (10.09) - I love Gresham's ability as well, he really needs to stay healthy though. With AJ Green now stretching defenses on a regular basis and Dalton getting a solid year under him, Gresham could see a nice spike in 2012.

Moeaki (14.08) - This is criminally low for a TE of Moeaki's potential. He is a totally forgotten man it seems because of his injury. He has the ability to produce like a TE1 and you can almost get him off the WW.

Rd.

1 8rb,3qb,1wr

2 15 2.03 Brady, Tom NEP QB 24 2.12 Charles, Jamaal KCC RB semi- talented/def team, talent on off is excellent, except qb, who can do it if healthy. Nice sos at the end.

3 2 wr Jones, Julio ATL WR Nelson, brayant, harvin,,,, Yeah, who cares just take two , use a dart if you must

4 Cruz, Victor NYG WR

5 Lloyd, Brandon NEP WR Not there at the end of round, but a great upside off, plus a handcuff for three players . More likely Best, , McGahee,

6 Moore, Denarius OAK WR

7 Hillis, Peyton KCC RB Yeap, I think I can start both KC rbs some weeks

8 Young, Titus DET WR

9 Heyward-Bey, Darrius OAK WR Doubt both these WR are available, but they are with this adp

10 Ridley, Stevan NEP RB

11 Jones, Felix DAL RB Felix Is one of the best 12 touch rbs in the league.

12 Vereen, Shane NEP RB NE rb seems cheap for some nice matchups during bye weeks

13 Palmer, Carson OAK QB if they run well, the pass will open up, plus the def will give up 30 most weeks ….

14 Smith, Kevin DET RB solid vet, on a wild wild west team

15 Miller, Heath PIT TE Need a te, I will sneek one in sometime, But I like Miller, quick passes, weaker at rb, and the possible holdout at wr..

plenty of long shots at te. Or maybe I am just hoping as I did not get one of the studs.

In the middle of drafting this squad, I'd like to think they're all value picks.

1 McCoy

2 AP

3 Julio

4 harvin

5 real Steve Smith

6 best

7 Ridley

8 big Ben

9 rg3 (got snaked on cutler by one pick)

Draftmaster ppr best ball, was last team to draft qb and second to grab second qb. In the qb/te early hype of 2012, I'm starting to think ignoring both until late and then going qbbc + TE matchup is the formula. Sorry about formatting, Droid.

2) Tim Hightower

3) see #1

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Never again. I'm personally expanding that to include Bill Belichigans.

Also I'd be wary of banking on rookie RBs. If I took the risk it'd be on someone like Martin or TRich if they somehow falls a bit. I doubt it though, and I expect them all to skyrocket in ADP as the season draws near. Footballguys always hypes rookie RBs and they'll no longer be anything close to value picks. Personally I think Wilson ends up with the best career, but I'm not going to expect the number of snaps necessary to be there in year one.

Last edited by a moderator:

2) Tim Hightower

3) see #1

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Never again. I'm personally expanding that to include Bill Belichigans.

Also I'd be wary of banking on rookie RBs. If I took the risk it'd be on someone like Martin or TRich if they somehow falls a bit. I doubt it though, and I expect them all to skyrocket in ADP as the season draws near. Footballguys always hypes rookie RBs and they'll no longer be anything close to value picks. Personally I think Wilson ends up with the best career, but I'm not going to expect the number of snaps necessary to be there in year one.
Fair criticism. Take into account Helu's 49 receptions as a rookie and grading out as an elite pass blocker. If we are talking PPR, what is Helu's floor?

In the middle of drafting this squad, I'd like to think they're all value picks.1 McCoy2 AP3 Julio4 harvin5 real Steve Smith6 best7 Ridley8 big Ben9 rg3 (got snaked on cutler by one pick)Draftmaster ppr best ball, was last team to draft qb and second to grab second qb. In the qb/te early hype of 2012, I'm starting to think ignoring both until late and then going qbbc + TE matchup is the formula. Sorry about formatting, Droid.
I think Bestball impacts how you draft versus the more traditional draft and set your lineup each week. Just sayin'

3.03 lynch

3.04 Jennings

3.09 Wallace

4.01 sjax

4.03 d Thomas

4.09 s smith

6.01 romo

6.07 Ryan

6.10 decker

7.01 p manning

9.01 d brown

12.03 cobb