What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Apple iPhone Thread (1 Viewer)

10:10 am Starting with enterprise. Exchange support out of the box -- push email / contacts / calendars, auto-discovery, global address book, remote wipe.

10:10 am 3 parts to iPhone 2.0 -- Enterprise, SDK, and new end-user features.

One example of a 3rd party app:

iPhoneRingToneMaker lets you create unlimited ringtones for your iPhone with any of your MP3s on your Mac or PC. Check out this coolness and buy it today at an awesome 30% discount - iPhoneRingToneMaker.com

do you have to have an iPhone to buy these apps today? Or can you buy it and "put it on hold" until you actually get the phone?

Next up is Loopt, being demoed by Sam Altman. It’s a social networking tool with location-based services. (I can’t see, but I think the guy is wearing two collared shirts with one of the collars popped.)
:shrug: :lmao: :lmao:

User profiles show a log of where the person has been and the photos they've sent in. It's easy to call or text them as well. Works with Loopt users on other platforms and will be available for free at the launch of the App Store.

One example of a 3rd party app:

iPhoneRingToneMaker lets you create unlimited ringtones for your iPhone with any of your MP3s on your Mac or PC. Check out this coolness and buy it today at an awesome 30% discount - iPhoneRingToneMaker.com
15 bucks for that is really not that bad. Im hoping most 3rd party apps are in the 15-20 dollar range. I may get it for the 5 buck discount

Next -- MLB.com. The app shows today's games with live, detailed scoring. It also includes real-time video highlights, which are delivered right after the play -- not the game. It will be included in the launch of the App Store. Next -- Modality.
:goodposting:

Ok, cool programs, we get it. Now, we want 3G iphone news!
Actually, to me this is the important part. For all of the features that Apple can build into the iPhone, knowing that the apps they are showing off now are just a sampling of what we will see in the future is pretty amazing. The iPhone will have more functionality via these apps than anything else that Apple can build into it.

Actually, to me this is the important part. For all of the features that Apple can build into the iPhone, knowing that the apps they are showing off now are just a sampling of what we will see in the future is pretty amazing. The iPhone will have more functionality via these apps than anything else that Apple can build into it.
Yeah, but in March they demoed a few things that showed the potential. With an OS X core, and good graphic capabilities, along with a large screen, there's no doubt that great applications will come out. No doubt in the least, just a matter of time. But what's interesting to me is hardware changes :goodposting: .

I am in the "I want the 3rd Party Applications" camp. From what I have heard other 3G phones suck the battery like there is no tomorrow, and this after claims from the manufacturer of longer battery life. The only reason I can see going to the 3G (if the new apps are as cool as they sound) is to get Slingbox compatability.

I am in the "I want the 3rd Party Applications" camp. From what I have heard other 3G phones suck the battery like there is no tomorrow, and this after claims from the manufacturer of longer battery life. The only reason I can see going to the 3G (if the new apps are as cool as they sound) is to get Slingbox compatability.
:lol: Slingbox will be $$$ on the iPhone

The 3G part of the new phone can be toggled. If you need fast internet, enable 3G and do what you need, then disable it to preserve battery life. Disable wifi and the cellular signal to lay games or do other app-based functions.

Good lord these game graphics look sweet. Can't wait for some of them to be released. The one coming in September should be awesome.

MobileMe looks amazing. This will be huge for small businesses like mine! :confused:

11:25 am Now he's adding a meeting through the web-based calendar and showing that it appears immediately on the iPhone. Within seconds of making an adjustment to the calendar entry through the web interface, the update appeared on the phone.11:24 am He's showing that a pushed email appeared immediately on the phone as well as the web interface. A contact he just created on the phone also showed up right away on the web interface.11:22 am The iDisk app allows files to be sent to people right through the app. Phil is now demonstrating the over-the-air functionality.11:21 am The gallery app allows for drag & drop too as well as live thumbnail scaling like in iPhoto.11:21 am The calendar app has the typical day, week, and month views. Color coding and drag & drop events is supported as well.11:20 am The contacts app incorporates lists, live search, and Google map integration.11:20 am The Mail app allows panes to be resized, multiple messages to be selected like a real application, and quick reply in-line.11:18 am iDisk is integrated into Me.com as well. Phil is now demonstrating the functionality.11:18 am Unbelievable looking Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Gallery applications. Photos are synched over the air too.11:16 am Includes incredible Web 2.0 applications to provide a desktop-like experience on the web to work with all of the data. Me.com.11:16 am Works over the air. Changes are displayed immediately. Works with Mail, iCal, and Address Book on Mac. Works with Outlook on Windows.11:15 am Everything stays in sync between iPhone, Mac, and PC. Data gets synched automatically both ways.11:14 am "It works like ActiveStink... er... ActiveSync" - Phil. Push email, contacts, and calendars. Everything is up-to-date, wherever you are.11:13 am Exchange -- for the rest of us.11:13 am MobileMe. Phil is on stage to demo.

All this stuff is trying to keep up with MSFT Exchange which is the primary reason people stay away from iPhone.

Good to do, but kinda boring playing catchup.

I haven't seen anything about texting - any word whether pictures will be able to be sent and received through text?

(I have a couple little friends that take some great shots they are happy to text/send...but for whatever reason are recluctant to email them)

11:45 am Now on to the final challenge -- affordability. Started at $599 for an 8GB iPhone, now $399. The iPhone 3G 8GB will sell for... $199.

Any word on the camera or SMS? Ready to give my current iPhone to the wife when this comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I have to wait months to get this thing, i'm gonna be pissed.
july 11
BAH!
They must've run into FCC delays. Over a month before this thing comes out is garbage. They only need like 1-2 weeks to build the hype. A month is overkill IMO
Well, it's likely due to the demand from 20 countries. But still, this is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the phone itself, but the wait will be very long. Over a month away :( .

Anyone have a guess as to how much will prices for the old phones decline as we approach July 11?

Users who are viewing this thread