What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Audible LIVE*** 6/28/2012 10PM ET (1 Viewer)

Thanks, guys. When it comes to Snake Drafting, I need some clarity. How do I best prepare for a draft that only gives me 90 seconds to make my pick, when everybody's previous picks change the landscape?

Hey Fellas,

As you know, stud running backs are very scarce, and wide receivers are deep this year. In non-ppr keeper leagues (1 to 3 keepers), is there benefit to reacting to this trend by trading Calvin Johnson to get a top-3 keeper running back? Or should keepers like Calvin Johnson be immune from year-to-year trends in position scarcity?

Thanks.

Love all your work fellas!

Can I get a birthday shout out to my son Logan who turns 4 today?

Also realistically what kind of lottery ticket can we hope for out of Lestar Jean.

Thanks fbgs for making the nonplaying season so great!

Gentlemen:

Thanks as always for the tremendous show.

What coaching change(s) do you expect to have the most dramatic impact this coming season (HC, OC/DC, Pos. coach)? Please opine as to whether you believe the change(s) will be helpful or harmful, and please include any resulting player-specific fantasy impact as well!

Cheers, and Thanks again!

The_Riv

PS: If you're giving B-day shout-outs, my daughter Maren (like Karen with an "M") turns 12 today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Give us 1-2 players at each position outside round 10 or so that you like to be considered an every week starter at some point in 2012.

Love the show, stay frosty.

Thank you as always.

News out of StL sounds positive. Certainly a sleep/deep sleeper, but seems like an interesting bet...thoughts?

Several other sites have as many as 5 qb's going in the first round. How should you adjust your draft board and draft strategy to reflect this?

I'm drafting 11th this year and have no clue what to do in the first round. Am I safer taking a WR over RBs like McFadden and Lynch?

IDP question here (For Jene)

Long term who has the most potential (Top 10 Potential) out of these rookie DE's;

Chandler Jones

Andre Branch

Vinny Curry

Bruce Irvin

Shea McClellin

Gentlemen, thanks for everything so far and into the future! I have a couple questions if you get to them. 1. Does it look like M. Claiborne will see return duty this season in Dallas? What other rookie DBs have the chops to both see snaps as a #2 or #3 corner and return duty?

2. I play in a 16 team IDP keeper league in which the approximate top 6 QBs will be kept. I pick 15 thanks to my 2nd place finish last year and I think I'll have to choose between Romo and Big Ben with one of my first two picks? Who do you like better this year between the two?

In this same draft I'm planning on taking an IDP higher than anyone else and then shouting "Draft room react to ME!" Thanks again for doing everything you do!

A couple things have helped kill my team each of the last few years..

1st RD Running Back busts & injuries... (Charles, CJ, AP)

Drafting QBs late... (Bradford, Cutler, Rivers)

This season ...I'm drafting Aaron Rodgers with the 5th overall pick to see what it feels like to have an actual stud in the QB stable. Besides Foster, I just don't get all warm and fuzzy about any running backs available. Too many risks and issues.

My question is, in a 14 team PPR, what RBs are out there in the late 2nd round on that could plug in, with RB1 upside(RB16 on)or consistent PPR pass-catching pointage?

:banned:

Gentlemen, love to hear your rankings/outlooks for a few wide receivers for dynasty:

Torrey Smith

Vincent Brown

Sidney Rice

Brandon LaFell

Greg Little

These represent a few guys I think I may have to make decisions on in upcoming drafts. Thanks again, look forward to hearing the show.

Two questions, both based on drafting.

1) DVBD -- Mr.Dodds introduced Value Based Drafting to us and its been an impressive tool to approach drafts with. (I've also read Greg Russel's post @ http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=643813&view=findpost&p=14451941) I've begun to read into DVBD which is now piquing my interest. Using the tools provided with a subscription to football guys, dVBD has become incredibly easy to understand. We're all going to have crossroads during the draft. At what point (or situation) do you decide that DVBD needs to be put aside for a certain player / position that you need to own?

2) I've been going through a couple of auction sheets, trying to put numbers on players that I want to take. I've grown tired of it and frankly, my draft sheet is looking a little bit inconsistent. What are the dangers of just deciding to put a monetary value on a position without specifically ranking each player... and what I mean by this is what if I say, I'm gonna put 40 dollars on a QB ranked in my tier 1 of QB, and if that fails, only pay 20 for a tier 2 qb and so on.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the great show.

I am in a 24 team 1 keeper league. I have McCoy, AJ, Nicks and some other decent players. I think I have to keep McCoy, but what do I do with the other guys? Do I try trade them, and if I do trade them do I basically accept any offer to rather get something than nothing? Take a 2nd for Nicks, or maybe even a 3rd? Etc...

Thanks again

Hey guys! If you were in a 10 tm keeper league (all TD's 6 pts) where you kept 2 guys from anywhere for 2 years to forever, Is keeping a QB a bigger deal than other positions and if so are guys like RG3, Luck or Newton a good investment and should be drafted fairly early in a draft? ( sorry for the long running sentence) Thanks!

Hey guys, love the show as always.

You've discussed a lot of these guys last year and in the off-season, but I'd love to hear each of you pick your favorite backup QB dynasty stash -- a guy that you think has the best chance to realize startable upside in the future -- and explain why.

I'll throw out a somewhat comprehensive list:

BJ Coleman

Chase Daniel

Nick Foles

Brian Hoyer

Josh Johnson

Colin Kaepernick

Mike Kafka

Ryan Lindley

Colt McCoy

Brock Osweiler

Ricky Stanzi

Russell Wilson

TJ Yates

I'm left guys in the more murky or competitive situations (NYJ, JAX, MIN, Kolb/Skelton in ARI, Flynn/Tarvaris in SEA), or where the backup is the obvious heir apparent (MIA, TEN), but feel free to include someone if you think I missed them.

Thanks as always!

Fellas! Love the shoooooowww!!!

Cecil, just had the 1.9 and 1.10 in a dynasty rookie/fa draft and took hillman based on your advice at the 1.9. Followed with alshon Jeffrey with the 1.10, making him the second wr off the board. Gut pick there. Love his talent and situation more than anyone else on the board.

Now TE is position of need and best available is Tamme or Keller. LaMicheal James also still on the board and I think he could be huge.

Would love to hear thoughts on the Jeffrey pick as well as positional need v potential in round 2.

What's up fellas I love listening to the Denver Broncos Audible every week. - Wait wha? It's not called that? Couldn't tell from the broncos kool aid Cecil pours all over the place. But here's my question fellas.

What is the ceiling for DeMarco Murray ? Can he stay healthy long enough to be a top 5 back?

Hey guys,

Love the show. Both the Chargers and the Raiders seem to have a lot of questions at the WR position. Could you share your thoughts and expectations for the upcoming season? Thanks.

hi guys, it would be great if you could speak to the strategy of trading draft picks in a start up dynasty league. How does one formulate a fair offer and evaluate draft pick trade offers? also, how do you factor in the complexity of a trade that consists of a mix of this year's and next year"s draft picks?

MAP

Two questions, both based on drafting.

1) DVBD -- Mr.Dodds introduced Value Based Drafting to us and its been an impressive tool to approach drafts with. (I've also read Greg Russel's post @ http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=643813&view=findpost&p=14451941) I've begun to read into DVBD which is now piquing my interest. Using the tools provided with a subscription to football guys, dVBD has become incredibly easy to understand. We're all going to have crossroads during the draft. At what point (or situation) do you decide that DVBD needs to be put aside for a certain player / position that you need to own?

2) I've been going through a couple of auction sheets, trying to put numbers on players that I want to take. I've grown tired of it and frankly, my draft sheet is looking a little bit inconsistent. What are the dangers of just deciding to put a monetary value on a position without specifically ranking each player... and what I mean by this is what if I say, I'm gonna put 40 dollars on a QB ranked in my tier 1 of QB, and if that fails, only pay 20 for a tier 2 qb and so on.
1) I think DVBD is an excellent way to incorporate "tier-based" drafting into VBD. i think you put it aside for your breakout candidates or otherwise players you feel like you dont want to miss on.2) I think your budget is a good starting approach, then you alter based on how the auction is going. its much less time consuming and allows you to be more agile and trust your player evaluation instead of being focused on bargain hunting.

Hey guys! If you were in a 10 tm keeper league (all TD's 6 pts) where you kept 2 guys from anywhere for 2 years to forever, Is keeping a QB a bigger deal than other positions and if so are guys like RG3, Luck or Newton a good investment and should be drafted fairly early in a draft? ( sorry for the long running sentence) Thanks!
in a 10 team league, i think you can get away with sloughing QB. there are at least 10-12 very good options with 3-5 more that have top 10 upside. i would focus on RB early in that kind of league.

Hey guys, love the show as always.You've discussed a lot of these guys last year and in the off-season, but I'd love to hear each of you pick your favorite backup QB dynasty stash -- a guy that you think has the best chance to realize startable upside in the future -- and explain why. I'll throw out a somewhat comprehensive list:BJ Coleman - talent, organization developing himChase DanielNick FolesBrian Hoyer - trust put in him early in career, organization developing him, decent buzzJosh Johnson - coached by harbaugh in collegeColin KaepernickMike KafkaRyan LindleyColt McCoyBrock Osweiler - opportunity 3 years from nowRicky StanziRussell Wilson - easily #1 - underrated b/c of size and long term competition isnt stiff.TJ YatesI'm left guys in the more murky or competitive situations (NYJ, JAX, MIN, Kolb/Skelton in ARI, Flynn/Tarvaris in SEA), or where the backup is the obvious heir apparent (MIA, TEN), but feel free to include someone if you think I missed them.Thanks as always!
answers above

Fellas! Love the shoooooowww!!!Cecil, just had the 1.9 and 1.10 in a dynasty rookie/fa draft and took hillman based on your advice at the 1.9. Followed with alshon Jeffrey with the 1.10, making him the second wr off the board. Gut pick there. Love his talent and situation more than anyone else on the board. Now TE is position of need and best available is Tamme or Keller. LaMicheal James also still on the board and I think he could be huge. Would love to hear thoughts on the Jeffrey pick as well as positional need v potential in round 2.
tamme over keller, unless you love james and dont want to miss on him.would have gone hill or wright or floyd over jeffery. just not impressed with him as more than a jumpball guy.

What's up fellas I love listening to the Denver Broncos Audible every week. - Wait wha? It's not called that? Couldn't tell from the broncos kool aid Cecil pours all over the place. But here's my question fellas. What is the ceiling for DeMarco Murray ? Can he stay healthy long enough to be a top 5 back?
top 5 potential when healthy, but long injury history. not quite mcfadden, but scarier than mathews. great 3rd rnd pick this year, worthy of a mid-late 2nd.

Hey guys,Love the show. Both the Chargers and the Raiders seem to have a lot of questions at the WR position. Could you share your thoughts and expectations for the upcoming season? Thanks.
SD: floyd - WR2/WR3 while healthy, great value - handcuff brown if you are worried, meachem, not sold on, royal, not sold onOAK: moore- WR2 while healthy, great value - DHB, worried about Criner pushing him. Ford, great talent, could force way into larger role.

hi guys, it would be great if you could speak to the strategy of trading draft picks in a start up dynasty league. How does one formulate a fair offer and evaluate draft pick trade offers? also, how do you factor in the complexity of a trade that consists of a mix of this year's and next year"s draft picks?MAP
err on the side of asking for more in trade downs and offering less in trade ups. tier breaks come into play - go the extra mile when tier break is coming at position of need, be more willing to trade down when tier break is a ways off. use your next pick as the trade down marker, not the pick you are trading down to - exampleif you are on the board at 2.10, but you have 3.3 too, then if someone will give you 3.10 and 5.10 for 2.10, do it. you're not really trading down to 3.10, you're trading down to 3.3I believe in an "advance the troops" strategy that puts a premium on getting picks outside of the top 75-100 into the 50-60. I think after the top 5 or so, the dynasty values are pretty level from 6-20 and then again from say 25-50.a 2013 first is roughly worth a 6th in a dynasty startup. a 2nd much much less. be willing to deal them in a win now push.

What's up fellas I love listening to the Denver Broncos Audible every week. - Wait wha? It's not called that? Couldn't tell from the broncos kool aid Cecil pours all over the place. But here's my question fellas. What is the ceiling for DeMarco Murray ? Can he stay healthy long enough to be a top 5 back?
Ha! Not a Broncos fan (most people know this - go Stillers :towelwave: ). Just telling you what I see from in person observations out at Dove Valley.

Users who are viewing this thread