What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Audible LIVE*** 6/7/2012 10PM ET (1 Viewer)

More concerned about Blackmon off the field or Blaine Gabbert hindering Blackmon's long term prospects?

Where is Blackmon on each of your rookie WR draft boards?

How far could he fall in rookie drafts with this news?

Also, just how bad is blowing a 0.24? Certified Alcoholic range to be able to function at that level?

Thoughts on Andre Johnson 2012? For dynasty, how many top 5 years remaining?

Andre vs. Julio for 2012: who would you rather have?

I'm So Ronery

So ronery

So ronery and sadry arone...

Football Guys ADP has Mike Wallace as the 12th receiver off the board. Contract issues aside, is he likely to over perform or under perform that ranking? Is it crazy to think that Antonio Brown could have a better year than him?

Thanks as always!

*Thoughts and Prayers Bloom*

Can you guys talk a little trade philosophy when going after stud players/prospects? Im interested in bigger leagues(14-16) with large rosters where its hard to find starters. Im seeing trades where people are giving up 3-4 starters and future 1sts, etc for guys like McCoy, Rice, Green, Julio, Calvin, Trent....what types of league's is this advisable? And is it worth it to get "your guy"?

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been a strategy I have been doing in Rookie drafts this year. I love both TRich and Martin but can't seem to get those early picks (Yep I like my late round picks means I won my leagues), and trying to trade for 1.01-1.03 seems to cost more this year then ever. So I have instead tried to land both Hillman/Pead in all my rookie drafts where if I don't have the picks already I can get them fairly inexpensive

So my question is, is it worth going all in on guys like Richardson/Martin and grabbing one of them, or is it better to grab both Hillman/Pead and swing for the fences?

Thanks guys keep up the good work

With the depth at at WR this year is this a good time to try use some of that depth to go for some of the bellcow stud rb's in Dynasty? Seems like the value of a top5 back is worth more than ever with how the game is being played now. Or is the injury risk at RB too high to give up an AJ Green or Julio Jones with their potential decade of future production?

In redraft I think we are seeing the rebirth of the stud RB theory this year which was not really been around the last few years. The upside down draft may be drafting RB-RB again while waiting on WR's. It seems that there are about 10-12 elite RB's then another 6-8 RB's that could do well. Are you going to be taking a WR in the 1st round if his name is not Cavlin ? Do you see a big difference between WR 2-10 ?

With the Falcons planning to use more of a hurry up offense this year I'd like to hear your opinions on their RBs. What type of roles do you predict from them this year? Going foward should Rodgers owners be optimistic about a MJD like roll now that Koetter is the cordinator or do you view him more of a change of pace type back?

This question is for Matt (hopefully he is on)....if so or not, I would love to hear what each of you think

I have been offered S. Smith (Car) and V Jax for Julio Jones and Dez in a 12t dynasty ppr. Should I do it? Your rankings suggest I should, where most would say I would have to be a complete fool to do it....What are your thoughts?

(If I am breaking any rules of etiquette by asking a question EVERY week I will not take offense if you pass on me sometimes. You guys are great)

Could you guys talk a little on the projected future of these guys:

WR TJ Graham

WR Streeter

and what kind of a full projected career do you see for Ronnie Hillman in Denver?

Thanks guys

What do you guys think about Julio Jones for redraft this year?

Is it crazy to be drafting him as a top 5 Redraft WR at this point?

Could you guys talk about dynasty startup AUCTION strategy please? No contracts just initial player allocation. After the auction, we switch to a normal dynasty league with no salaries or contracts.

almost every Rookie based draft I've seen has Richardson going at 1.01 with a few exceptions. I am curious what you guys think of the 1.02. I have Martin, Luck and RG3 lumped together there and curious of your take on who and why. Say for the sake of argument that your team doesn't have a glaring need at either position so you are strictly taking BPA.

I love what I am hearing out of Tampa from Schiano and what he plans to do with Martin and a run heavy offense. With such a short shelf life on RB's though how do you pass on a guy like Luck or RG3 who could play for 10+ years? Like some I think RG3's ceiling is higher and has a higher potential to be more productive right away but he does play in much tougher division. I know this was discussed a little in the Bloom 100 but would love to hear more.

Disclaimer: I do have the 1.02 and 1.07 in an upcoming 16 team dynasty/keeper draft but this was not intended as a thinly veiled who do I draft question. Thanks in advance and keep up the great work. :banned:

In dynasty who are you trying to acquire on the cheap before the season gets here? Who are you trying to move? Thanks Gentlemen. You guys are the best by far.

I'm in a very shallow auction league. It looks like QBs, WRs and TEs are very deep this year so does it make sense to go RB heavy? There seems to be a lot of question marks after the top 7.

12 team league with one keeper, standard scoring except that TD passes are worth 6 pts. QB rule the league so Brees, Brady, Rogers, Stafford and Newton will all probably be protected. I sold any possible protectable players last year for draft picks and now I have an extra 1st, two extra 3rds and an extra 5th. I have Petyon Manning and I want to know what you're thougts are on possibly protecting him, in lieu of trading one of my 1st rounds picks for perhaps someone like Ryan Mathews or MJD. Most pundits have Peyton ranked anywhere from 7th to 12th for QB's and my thinking is to protect Manning and back him up early in the 2nd or 3rd round with another mid-to-low end QB1 such as Vick, Rivers or Eli seeing that I have a few extra early picks.

Good strategy or a waste of an early draft pick?

Yikes, Wildman dropping some pretty crazy advise in this episode. Moss over DHB in redraft? Vjax and Steve Smith over Dez Bryant and Julio Jones in dynasty?!?

wacky, wild stuff

Users who are viewing this thread