What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible - Live! 8/29 - 10 pm Eastern - Questions go here (1 Viewer)

Carolina backfield situation:

The past few seasons have been awful. With Chudzinski now leaving for Cleveland and Mike Shula being promoted to Offensive Coordinator do you see any change happening in the backfield? It's looking like DeAngelo will be the only game in town this season with Tolbert banged up and J Stew falling apart; but does that even result to good consistency and opportunity for him?

Last edited by a moderator:
are you worried about cam newton's poor preseason?

can you expound on Kaepernick's upside, he is ranked on the lower side near 10, not too many experts ranking him near top 5, I feel like I am much higher on him than lower top 10...

and are you comfortable with RGIII as your #1?

thanks!!

Last show before we go live next week guys!

I want to thank you for all your listeners and writers for working so hard and giving us thoughtful, week researched information. I also want to thank you for treating each other and all the people in this community with respect. I have, in retrospect, probably asked a few pretty knuckle head or obvious questions over the off season but you have always answered with a great deal of respect and care. There are plenty of podcasts out there that have a very confrontational/disrespectful attitude and you guys are a great breath of fresh air.

Thanks again for another off season spent with people who consider all of you at Football Guys, our friends.

Last chance to make a bold bold bold prediction for a player just coming out of nowhere to become HUGE. I mean a every week starter/stud No one will hold you to it I promise!!

My own is that by seasons end, everyone is going to be going nuts about Nick Toon and his possible value for 2014.

I need help - 12 team, 1/2 ppr, 3 player keeper league. I have 12th pick (I dont have the 13th - I traded that last year for Cam, Gore and Tate which won me the league... for the 2nd straight year in large part thanks to you guys). I am keeping Foster, Alf and Damaryius Thomas. (Per league rules I cant keep Cam this year). Format: 1-3-2-1-1-1-1(flex wr/rb/te)

9 teams kept QB's - best available are Cam, Stafford and Romo...

I believe that Cam will be available for me when I pick at 12. Should I take him there or wait for qb (I think I could take Romo or Eli as late as 5-6 rounds later). If I pass on Cam I will likely have a choice of someone like Gronkowski, MJD, SJax, CJ.5K, Eddie Lacy, David Wilson, Cruz, Roddy or Andre Johnson. Which of these players would you take over Cam if any? (Also whoever I take I will likely have to keep next year).

Thanks for all your help! Love the show!

Whenever Gronk gets back, do you see him being eased in gradually or getting full snaps right off the bat?

Also would it surprise anyone if all the reports of Gronk returning in late September were way off. Using what we know about how the Patriots handle injury info, what is the best and worst case scenario for his return?

Guys-

Love the show, have a few quick questions regarding upside players:

Kenbrell Thompkins '13 floor might be _____ and ceiling is closer to ________.

Julius Thomas' '13 will look something like______ to his owners.

Thanks!

Stuck with this decision in my 10-Team PPR Keeper league

I was last to draft a QB and was looking at Vick in RD11 he went 5 picks before my turn

Who is my best bet out of this group to get 15-20+? With the rest of my team is that a good range? Go safe or high upside? (to keep my depth at other positions I can only cary 1)
C.Palmer, M.Schaub, J.Flacco, S.Bradford, A.Smith, P.Rivers, B.Weeden, R.Tannehill, J.Locker, T.Pryor, C.Ponder?

We start 1QB 2WR 1WR/TE flex 2RB RB/WR/TE flex K DST

My RBs: I drafted Trent Richardson 1.7, C.Ivory 8.4, M.Ingram 11.7, B.Brown 13.7

I Kept Doug Martin 3.7, DeMarco Murray 9.7, and Alf Morris 10.4

My WRs: R.Wayne 4.4, H.Nicks 5.7, J.Nelson 6.4, C.Shorts 7.7, C.Givens 12.4, P.Harvin 15.7 (going in my IR spot)

My TE: Jimmy Graham 2.4

Should I be looking to upgrade at WR, if so who of my guys for who? (start 2WR and W/TE Flex)

Should I keep Brice Brown or go with Christine Michael off the waiver wire?

1st post but I've been down for years... I subscribe, I download, I listen, I follow on Twitter, and enjoy the Mag DraftKit

Love The Audible Preview and Review shows, The Live Show, and On The Couch... More double episodes of On The Couch Bloom

Ya'll keep up the good work

Hey guys...thanks for taking my question...I need some CLARITY

Has Thompkins made it into the first round of a PPR Dynasty Rookie FA draft right now? If so where do you have him?

Where would you put guys like Jordan Cameron, Danny Woodhead, and Ryan Broyles in the same kind of draft?

What did you guys (or other staff) see in Tyler Wilson? Are you surprised at how badly he has performed? I am as I thought he looked great at Arkansas under Petrino. Product of the system?

Love the show BTW.

Got in a 10 teams 2QB/no kicker league for the first time.

2QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1(WR/TE)-1teamdef + 6 bench.

1 PPR, std scoring (4 pts PaTD)

Did a lot of mock drafts with the iPhone app and Draft Dominator and I always felt my teams were either bad or awful. Rate my teams feature thought roughly the same.

I read your articles and it never seemed like I could get a good grip on this type of league.

What is the best strategy? Get 2 of the top 12 QBs or QBBC?

Should I consider Gronk or Graham or should I load up elsewhere?

I feel there is a lot of risk not getting at least one of the top 12 QB.

Wish I found this site before!

Cheers

RB Depth vs Starting WRs

I'm in a 12 team non- ppr league with standard lineups - 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE /1 (RB/WR/TE) Flex.

In my league, since it's possible to start 3 RBs (and deep down that's what every owner wants to do) I find that it's impossible to trade for RBs during the season. You're basically stuck with the RBs you obtain in the auction. This makes RBs more valuable.

With this in mind, I got 4 good RBs: Jamaal Charles, Matt Forte, Daryl Richardson and Lamar Miller. As a consequence, I'm starting Alshon Jeffery as my WR2 (Demaryius Thomas is my WR1).

Here's my question: I could easily get someone like Victor Cruz or Danny Amendola for Lamar miller or Daryl Richardson, but should I? I love the fact that all 4 of my RBs have different BYE weeks, and another benefit of not trading is that I actually get to see who shakes out as the better fantasy RB between Miller and Richardson, instead of having to guess right now by trading one away. PLUS, the one thing you can always get on the waiver wire is a startable WR3-type, and I will be scouring for one all season, whether Alshon Jeffery is good or not. The same cannot be said for good RBs.

So what do you think, trade away one of my 4 highly coveted RBs to improve my WR2, or not?

Thanks in advance,

Thadonkey

Can't wait to listen to your show this weekend. Here goes my questions.

Steelers offense in PPR (12 teams) leagues....

1) Is Big Ben a sleeper QB1 at his late ADP?

2) Is Antonio brown a solid RB2 at his ADP or should I skip on him and pick up Emmanuel sanders later?

3) When is a good time to pick up Le'veon Bell in a 12 team PPR league? Is he looking to have a solid 2nd half of the season?

Love all the podcast and value your thoughts. You are collectively my Sensais of fantasy football!

I have a Foster related question for y'all.

If you take Foster (or in my case kept Foster in a three player keeper league) how early is too early to take Tate?

I know a lot depends on league size and starting requirements (this is a 12 team league and we start 2 RB with no flex) but trying to get a general idea of when to snap him up.

I'm not a "must handcuff" sorta guy, but in this case (with Foster's injury this off/pre-season and Tate having shown he's capable of putting up similar numbers if given the opportunity) I see Tate as almost a "must draft" for Foster owners which is causing me angst because I like to stay very flexible when I draft.

I see him going generally in the 7th round, but if I want to make sure I get him, how early is too early? Given the depth at WR and QB this year, would grabbing him at the bottom of the 5th round (2nd in a three player keeper league) be too soon?

PREESH!

NE RB's

It seemed as though, last year Belichick started to work Bolden in quit a bit as Ridley's fumbeling continued. In fact, IIRC in the Seattle game, It was almost a 50/50 split, with Bolden out producing Ridley by quite a bit before leaving the game with his season ending knee injury. If Ridley's fumbles continue this year, could you see a scenario in which the NE backfield reverts back to a committee. Or do you think Blount or Bolden could take the job outright, assuming both make the roster.

Any advice for a start up dynasty auction? I want my reign of domination to start this year...

$200 budget, half point ppr, 19 roster spots (12 keeper)

With LeSean McCoy and Bryce Brown already on my 20-man roster (in a 12-team league), should I consider adding Chris Polk too? That seems like a lot of rosters spots for 1 team's backfield.

1 year keeper league questions:

1) Where would you be comfortable drafting Blackmon, Harvin, Maclin, Lattimore?

2) Any Michael Turner- esque situations to be aware of where a 2014 change of scenery could land them in the top 20?

Hey guys! I usually try to ask more intellectual questions than this, but I just completed my first draft using the Value Based Drafting concept of FBG and I am dying to know if one of my moves was a shark move, I think it was, but would love to hear your thoughts.

10 Team .5PPR for all positions with 2 keepers so essentially our 1st round picks would roughly equal 3rd round picks in redraft leagues.

Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, and 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

So it comes to me at the round 4/5 turn - my roster including keepers is Kaepernick, Martin, CJ2K, Sproles, D Thomas, and R Wayne....my VBD chart shows that the next 2 highest rated players are Jason Witten and Rob Gronkowski, so I drafted them back to back.....my thinking is that I can use Witten while waiting on Gronk to come back and when he does I can still use Witten in the TE slot and simply insert Gronk into the flex spot.

The best part was that 4 of the next 5 selections by the other owners were TEs. Was this the beauty of VBD drafting in action??

Thanks guys and seriously this can be like a 30 second answer!!

Whats a "realistic ceiling" for Sam Bradford this year?

Latest thoughts on Ahmad Bradshaw? The RBBC thing has worked out for him before. I was particularly surprised by how few receptions everyone has him projected to catch.

Sig you have mentioned a few times you think grabbing Graham in the 2nd and Gronk in the 4th might be a good strategy in leagues where you can start TE at flex. They consistently have been there in most 12T mocks Ive been doing. Not sure if I have the huevos to pull that off for my real draft this Saturday. Can you state your reasons why this might pay off?

Thanks,

Brian

With such a strong preseason, why is Kenny Stills flying under the radar and criminally undervalued? What are your projections for him in this high powered NO offense. Do you think he will outproduce Lance Moore and hit WR3/4 terrirtory in his rookie year?

Love the show guys! got a few for ya:

I posted this one in the Shark Pool and it seemed about a 50/50 split;

• Eddie Lacy vs. Giovani Bernard - both moving up the boards and will probably cost you a 3rd rd pick. Assuming you can't get both, which do you like better?
this one's more personal to my league (12-team 3-man keeper where players can only be kept after the 5th round):

• Luck, RGIII, Kaepernick, Wilson = all kept. My keepers are Lamar Miller, VJax, & TY Hilton. would you rather try to snag Newton/Ryan in the 4th or wait on the likes of Stafford / Romo in the 7th/8th?
Last question:

• I pick at 1.04 & am going with Charles/TRich/ McCoy (Spiller kept). In 2.09 IF Graham is still there, do I go with him or make a play for a MJD, Reggie Bush, etc... type of RB?
look forward to listening

I have a good team, but poo-pooed TE.....drafted Housler

Should I drop Housler for J.Thomas (DEN) or B.Celek (PHI)

I have a deep team (except TE) and may offer a trade, but I was hoping that I could "get by" the first few weeks and go from there????

FYI, My team is:

QB: T.Romo, EJ Manuel

RB: L.McCoy, T.Richardson, L.Miller, D.Richardson, R.Hillman, D.Woodhead

WR: V.Cruz, A.Brown, V.Brown, J.Gordon, C.Givens, B.Hartline

TE: R.Housler

K: R.Bullock

D/ST: Colts (week 1 vs Oak)

So as I'm sure you guys are aware, Andre Brown went down with a left ankle injury. As of my typing this there's no real news on it (I read somewhere he's having X-Rays)... whether or not we get a more clear picture on the injury (hoping Jene saw the play and could chime in on what it looked like possibly?) before the question segment. In the event Brown did say... break his leg again or has a high ankle sprain and will miss a couple weeks. Where would that bump David Wilson?

And if Brown is fine and just has a minor sprain, does Brown already getting dinged up before seeing a single regular season snap still bump Wilson's stock? Just kind of cementing the "When will Andre Brown go down and make Wilson a RB1" as opposed to the "If Andre Brown goes down it'd make Wilson a RB1" mentality?

EDIT:

Rotoworld officially reporting Brown fractured his left leg. How long does this sideline him? Where does Wilson's draft stock go from here?

What do think about jordan todman ? If you draft MJD should you target todman and what are his chances of being a lottery pick back if MJD goes down.

We just had our auction on Saturday, and I think I came away with the Sigmund Bloom All Star team. 12 team league, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1 D. 16 man rosters. $200 auction. 0.5 PPR, otherwise standard FBG scoring.

QB - Michael Vick - $4, Jay Cutler - $2, EJ Manuel - $1

RB - Jamaal Charles - $67, LeSean McCoy - $54, Christine Michael - $2, Robert Turbin - $2, Joique Bell - $1, Chris Polk - $1

WR - Brandon Marshall - $35, Kenny Britt - $5, Kenbrell Thompkins - $3

TE - Rob Gronkowski - $20, Martellus Bennett - $1

K - Stephen Gostkowski - $1

D - Colts - $1

How do you recommend improving this team throughout the season? I know I need more depth at WR. Perhaps as my QB emerges and Gronk gets healthy, I can pick free up roster space and pick up WR's off waivers? Trade bait with the Marshawn Lynch owner to give him his handcuffs?

Thanks, and as always, keep up the great work!

I need help - 12 team, 1/2 ppr, 3 player keeper league. I have 12th pick (I dont have the 13th - I traded that last year for Cam, Gore and Tate which won me the league... for the 2nd straight year in large part thanks to you guys). I am keeping Foster, Alf and Damaryius Thomas. (Per league rules I cant keep Cam this year). Format: 1-3-2-1-1-1-1(flex wr/rb/te)

9 teams kept QB's - best available are Cam, Stafford and Romo...

I believe that Cam will be available for me when I pick at 12. Should I take him there or wait for qb (I think I could take Romo or Eli as late as 5-6 rounds later). If I pass on Cam I will likely have a choice of someone like Gronkowski, MJD, SJax, CJ.5K, Eddie Lacy, David Wilson, Cruz, Roddy or Andre Johnson. Which of these players would you take over Cam if any? (Also whoever I take I will likely have to keep next year).

Thanks for all your help! Love the show!
i would take any over cam, and hope to get gronk or wilson

Love all the podcast and value your thoughts. You are collectively my Sensais of fantasy football!

I have a Foster related question for y'all.

If you take Foster (or in my case kept Foster in a three player keeper league) how early is too early to take Tate?

I know a lot depends on league size and starting requirements (this is a 12 team league and we start 2 RB with no flex) but trying to get a general idea of when to snap him up.

I'm not a "must handcuff" sorta guy, but in this case (with Foster's injury this off/pre-season and Tate having shown he's capable of putting up similar numbers if given the opportunity) I see Tate as almost a "must draft" for Foster owners which is causing me angst because I like to stay very flexible when I draft.

I see him going generally in the 7th round, but if I want to make sure I get him, how early is too early? Given the depth at WR and QB this year, would grabbing him at the bottom of the 5th round (2nd in a three player keeper league) be too soon?

PREESH!
i wouldnt take tate w foster. means one is necessarily a bust of a pick. either have confidence in foster or bet against him

We just had our auction on Saturday, and I think I came away with the Sigmund Bloom All Star team. 12 team league, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1 D. 16 man rosters. $200 auction. 0.5 PPR, otherwise standard FBG scoring.

QB - Michael Vick - $4, Jay Cutler - $2, EJ Manuel - $1

RB - Jamaal Charles - $67, LeSean McCoy - $54, Christine Michael - $2, Robert Turbin - $2, Joique Bell - $1, Chris Polk - $1

WR - Brandon Marshall - $35, Kenny Britt - $5, Kenbrell Thompkins - $3

TE - Rob Gronkowski - $20, Martellus Bennett - $1

K - Stephen Gostkowski - $1

D - Colts - $1

How do you recommend improving this team throughout the season? I know I need more depth at WR. Perhaps as my QB emerges and Gronk gets healthy, I can pick free up roster space and pick up WR's off waivers? Trade bait with the Marshawn Lynch owner to give him his handcuffs?

Thanks, and as always, keep up the great work!
#2 receiver might be a weakness, but you can drop polk to get another bullet there. i love the studs and duds approach in auctions in this year

What do think about jordan todman ? If you draft MJD should you target todman and what are his chances of being a lottery pick back if MJD goes down.
no on targeting todman. if MJD goes down this year, like last year, no FF relevant production from the backups

So as I'm sure you guys are aware, Andre Brown went down with a left ankle injury. As of my typing this there's no real news on it (I read somewhere he's having X-Rays)... whether or not we get a more clear picture on the injury (hoping Jene saw the play and could chime in on what it looked like possibly?) before the question segment. In the event Brown did say... break his leg again or has a high ankle sprain and will miss a couple weeks. Where would that bump David Wilson?

And if Brown is fine and just has a minor sprain, does Brown already getting dinged up before seeing a single regular season snap still bump Wilson's stock? Just kind of cementing the "When will Andre Brown go down and make Wilson a RB1" as opposed to the "If Andre Brown goes down it'd make Wilson a RB1" mentality?

EDIT:

Rotoworld officially reporting Brown fractured his left leg. How long does this sideline him? Where does Wilson's draft stock go from here?
wilson gets to mid 2nd, brown out maybe 6 weeks, probably IR, designated to return

I have a good team, but poo-pooed TE.....drafted Housler

Should I drop Housler for J.Thomas (DEN) or B.Celek (PHI)

I have a deep team (except TE) and may offer a trade, but I was hoping that I could "get by" the first few weeks and go from there????

FYI, My team is:

QB: T.Romo, EJ Manuel

RB: L.McCoy, T.Richardson, L.Miller, D.Richardson, R.Hillman, D.Woodhead

WR: V.Cruz, A.Brown, V.Brown, J.Gordon, C.Givens, B.Hartline

TE: R.Housler

K: R.Bullock

D/ST: Colts (week 1 vs Oak)
id grab celek and thomas, and drop hillman

Love the show guys! got a few for ya:

I posted this one in the Shark Pool and it seemed about a 50/50 split;

• Eddie Lacy vs. Giovani Bernard - both moving up the boards and will probably cost you a 3rd rd pick. Assuming you can't get both, which do you like better?
this one's more personal to my league (12-team 3-man keeper where players can only be kept after the 5th round):

• Luck, RGIII, Kaepernick, Wilson = all kept. My keepers are Lamar Miller, VJax, & TY Hilton. would you rather try to snag Newton/Ryan in the 4th or wait on the likes of Stafford / Romo in the 7th/8th?
Last question:

• I pick at 1.04 & am going with Charles/TRich/ McCoy (Spiller kept). In 2.09 IF Graham is still there, do I go with him or make a play for a MJD, Reggie Bush, etc... type of RB?
look forward to listening
Lacy

wait on QB

Graham slam dunk assuming PPR

With such a strong preseason, why is Kenny Stills flying under the radar and criminally undervalued? What are your projections for him in this high powered NO offense. Do you think he will outproduce Lance Moore and hit WR3/4 terrirtory in his rookie year?
wont be rosterable in redraft w/o moore or colston injury. like henderson may have a few big weeks here and there, but inconsistent week to week

Sig you have mentioned a few times you think grabbing Graham in the 2nd and Gronk in the 4th might be a good strategy in leagues where you can start TE at flex. They consistently have been there in most 12T mocks Ive been doing. Not sure if I have the huevos to pull that off for my real draft this Saturday. Can you state your reasons why this might pay off?

Thanks,

Brian
because gronk is the only graham stopper, and he performs like top 5 WR when healthy, so you'll crush everyone at flex AND TE

Whats a "realistic ceiling" for Sam Bradford this year?

Latest thoughts on Ahmad Bradshaw? The RBBC thing has worked out for him before. I was particularly surprised by how few receptions everyone has him projected to catch.
3600/25 i am limiting that because I don't think much of Schottenheimer as an offensive coordinator

Hey guys! I usually try to ask more intellectual questions than this, but I just completed my first draft using the Value Based Drafting concept of FBG and I am dying to know if one of my moves was a shark move, I think it was, but would love to hear your thoughts.

10 Team .5PPR for all positions with 2 keepers so essentially our 1st round picks would roughly equal 3rd round picks in redraft leagues.

Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, and 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

So it comes to me at the round 4/5 turn - my roster including keepers is Kaepernick, Martin, CJ2K, Sproles, D Thomas, and R Wayne....my VBD chart shows that the next 2 highest rated players are Jason Witten and Rob Gronkowski, so I drafted them back to back.....my thinking is that I can use Witten while waiting on Gronk to come back and when he does I can still use Witten in the TE slot and simply insert Gronk into the flex spot.

The best part was that 4 of the next 5 selections by the other owners were TEs. Was this the beauty of VBD drafting in action??

Thanks guys and seriously this can be like a 30 second answer!!
Absolutely and its also a sign how you can steer the draft when you pick at the turn - not only did you get the top 2 TEs left, and a sick flex play in the process, but you caused a panic and increased value at the other positions at the next turn

1 year keeper league questions:

1) Where would you be comfortable drafting Blackmon, Harvin, Maclin, Lattimore?

2) Any Michael Turner- esque situations to be aware of where a 2014 change of scenery could land them in the top 20?
blackmon 9th harvin 10th maclin 15th lattimore last round - all assuming you keep in same round.

ben tate

With LeSean McCoy and Bryce Brown already on my 20-man roster (in a 12-team league), should I consider adding Chris Polk too? That seems like a lot of rosters spots for 1 team's backfield.
wouldnt do that. too much in one backfield, your instincts are correct

Any advice for a start up dynasty auction? I want my reign of domination to start this year...

$200 budget, half point ppr, 19 roster spots (12 keeper)
be judicious and try to control the late draft. stretching out that last 1/4 of your budget can give you first picks among those great WR and RB stash away.

make sure you get christine michael!!!

Users who are viewing this thread