What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Audible LIVE*** 8/30/2012 10PM ET (1 Viewer)

What is the weekly scoop on the Skins backfield? Do you see 4-5 guys getting starts this year? The good news, all are cheap. Worth stashing one in hopes of a few Weeks of RB2 production?

My now patented over/unders are back. 3 weeks strong now, I might just need my own segment soon. Not sure I dug the thoughts of a Mike Wallace tick tick tick 60 minutes type of intro. Let's get someone working up a nice theme song for my over/under portion of the show. With that being said, here are the questions:

1. When Ryan Mathews returns to the field, from that moment till the end of the season, Ryan Mathews as the #8 running back. (better than or worse than replace o/u in this case)

2. Fred Davis- 60 receptions, 800 yards, 6 touchdowns

3. Antonio Brown- 77 receptions, 1150 yards, 7 touchdowns

4. Jamaal Charles- 1400 total yards, 6 touchdowns

5. Matt Forte- 1400 total yards, 50 receptions

6. Steven Jackson- 1500 total yards, 45 receptions

7. Nate Burleson- 65 receptions

8. Dez Bryant- 3 strip clubs this season

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a lottery ticket in rd 24 of a 16 team PPR/IDP league:

I dont have a specific need here but Which of these Flex play guys are appealing to you guys?

Do any of these guys stand out to you guys? Wouldn't mind a few opinions of the opinions on The Audible.

WR - Tj Graham

RB - Curtis "Christie" Brinkley

RB - Lamar Miller

WR - Lestar Jean "Is not my lover"

WR - Earl Bennett

WR - Ryan Broyles

WR - Chris Givens

WR - Juron Criner

Thanks Fellas! LOve the show and Love shooting the breeze with you guys on Twitter/Facebook.

From TheRiv:

Hi Dr. Jene:

I'll do my best to get this into the official Shark Pool question thread for Thursday night, but if you're on the air and can, would you please highlight the difference(-s) between being in top physical condition and "Football Shape?"

Love the show... keep up the good work. I usually listen while mowing my lawn on Saturday mornings... and no, that is NOT a euphemism like "scrubbing the carpet". :)

Now that the preseason is over, I'd like to hear the current thinking in terms of expectations for this year for the following:

[*]RB DEN Ronnie Hillman

[*]WR KCC Jon Baldwin

Thanks.

P.S. nothing interesting in my username... "lfh" are just individual letters

Please touch on the back up running backs that have the best chance to be drafted as a top 10 rb next season. Just a few guys I had in mind David Wilson, Ryan Williams, Ronnie Hillman, bilal Powell, Lamar miller ... Not to limit this to these guys just throwing names around love the show thanks for that you guys do

I'm in a bit of a different league that's drafting this weekend. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST. the part that is different is that we have to draft exactly one backup for each of these positions, and maintain this roster all year. In this format, 12 team PPR, do you see any of these positions gaining or losing value? Thanks guys.

Took a bunch of lotto ticket rb's during my auction after going big on QB/TE. Please rank the following in a .5 ppr league:

Donald Brown

Ryan Williams

DeAngelo Williams

Mikel LeShoure

Toby Gerhart

Mark Ingram

My starting RB's are Steven Jackson and Trent Richardson, so LeShoure and Gerhart and not handcuffs for me (also don't have JStewart). Thanks for killin it week in and week out on the show, and day in and day out on Twitter/this website.

Hi guys, what's up?

In my non-ppr keeper league I can keep one additional RB. It's either Lynch or Bradshaw and both don't really appeal to me. I am concerned about the Sea QB situation AND WR situation, and don't know whether Lynch has the desire to play after getting the big contract. On the other hand, Bradshaws cronic foot injury doesn't sound too promising either. Which one should I keep?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Truly Yours

12 team yahoo non PPR rate my team (12th pick)

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 FLEX

Everyone in my league drafts real RB heavy and I should have went Bradshaw and Gore at the 3/4 turn but I went with Vick/LLoyd on hunches.

What do you guys think?TE: Aaron Hernandez

PK: Nate Kaeding

TD: Buffalo Bills

I went CJ2k + Murray first round on the turn. Thought that was the best I could do since Graham was gone.

I went Vick LLoyd on the 3/4 turn since everyone was going RB and I missed out on Martin. I may have reached on Vick and Lloyd.

Anyways what do you guys think I should do as I am disappointed in my team (this was my first year having a FBG subsciption and using DD and I may have messed up the roster positions with the flex and did not use a custom user dropoff / ADP)

Who should I target or trade away? I feel like I need both RB and WR help.

Would love to hear your thoughts on Ronnie Hillman as well. Though he looked really good in the last preseason game. Seemed to run well and looked great in pass protection. Now that he's healthy does he pass Lance Ball on the depth chart if he hasn't done so already? possible scoring projections for him this year?

Would also like some insight into the cluttered mess of talent that is the Oakland WR corp. Thanks and keep up the great work on the best podcast in the biz.

Hey guys,

Have been listening for as long as you have been talking... great stuff!

My very first audible question: Greg Olsen... We hear about Shockey gone, not having to block as much, better Newton... what do you feel are his real (not just wishful) chances of becoming elite this year? Elite as in top 5 TE... does he have the goods to do it?

I have read as much as possible on Charles from a medical angle, but I have yet to define a solid opinion on Charles in a football sense. Is he a top 20 player? Would you prefer him as a number 1 RB? Or is all of this going to be moot because Hillis deflates his value? Really curious to hear Sig, Matt and Cecil tackle this one.

Hey guys! Great show! I'm in a 12 team non ppr league that plays 2 WRs and a RB/WR flex and as my last wide receiver I ended up taking Laurent Robinson which I'm not to thrilled with. I'm pleased with the rest of my WRs (Megatron, Garcon, Little, and Sidney Rice) and RBs (Ryan Mathews, D. Murray, Sproles, R. Jennings, and Jacquizz Rodgers) so my question is do I kick Robinson to the curb for a higher ceiling lower floor player because I've got enough depth or do I keep him as a mediocre but steadier player? Guys I was considering dumping him for include Alshon Jeffery, Jerome Simpson, and Devin Hester. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim

(Team Name - It's All Ball Bearings)

I just want to second the Doug Martin info request. I've watched some clips from his college days, read everything I can read on him, and am coming away highly encouraged. Do you think the combination of situation and talent is there to make him a ppr stud this year and for the next few years? For what it's worth, my projections are around 1050ru - 50/375rec - 8tds... Am I aiming too high here?

Thanks in advance guys for any response, and thanks for putting on by far the most informative and entertaining fantasy football podcast out there!

What is your take on the new "up-tempo" Baltimore offence. We saw a similar no huddle offence by Atlanta last year in the pre season, and they veered away from it once the regular season started. Are we to take this high tempo offence as a pre season practice, or can we expect to see this carry over to the regular season. I can't imagine Flacco throwing the ball 40+ times a game, but if they run this offence this is what might happen.

OK men, non-PPR draft, the wounded warrior question!

What order would you draft:

• Mathews (collarbone),

• Lynch (back spasms),

• ADP (knee), and

• Trent Richardson (knee).

And would you take them before Steven Jackson, Gore, Bradshaw, Fred Jackson, D Martin?

I'd like to hear some discussion on waiver systems that use FAAB and require a minimum $1 per pickup. I'd specifically like to hear about budget allocation in percentages for the owner who wants to spend early, and any advanced tips or strategy that you guys would like to share other than the obvious "unspent dollars are wasted dollars."

I'm doing some mock drafts in my dynasty league, and my RB situation is so bad, that I may have to do the unthinkable and pick up a Washington RB. Can you give me a brief overview on how you see things shaking out between Royster, Helu, Hightower, and the dark horse rookie Alfred Morris? If you had to pick one of these RBs to roll with the rest of the year, who would you pick?

Thanks for everything you do!

Fellas, there is a logjam of quality WR's in rounds 5 through 7. (If we miss out on Lloyd, Sig) who are your favorite targets in this range? Can a brotha get some clarity?

Antonio Brown

Mike Wallace

Dwayne Bowe

Vincent Jackson

Demaryius Thomas

Jeremy Maclin

Stevie Johnson

Eric Decker

Torrey Smith

Desean Jackson

I know you have answered this question before but every day longer MJD holds out it continues to push him down draft boards further and further.

A lot of drafts are this weekend including 2 of mine. At what point would you consider drafting MJD?

How far up do you move Jennings up if you draft MJD?

WOOPIEEE! AUDIBLEEEE!!!

FBG = FBGODS!

You guys rock! you always give me the best of advice and rock and roll podcast!

Draft coming up this week, lots of people kept in my league (PPR), is Jimmy Graham worth a 1st rd late pick and come back with a SJax?

Hey guys,Have been listening for as long as you have been talking... great stuff!My very first audible question: Greg Olsen... We hear about Shockey gone, not having to block as much, better Newton... what do you feel are his real (not just wishful) chances of becoming elite this year? Elite as in top 5 TE... does he have the goods to do it?
I know Bloom is not high on Olsen.

I'd like to hear your philosophies on rookie RBs backing up aging and/or injury-prone veterans. I'm thinking specifically of David Wilson but Isaiah Pead comes to mind also. Seems like every year we get caught up in rookie hype, yet rookie RBs rarely end up any better than low-end #2 or flex options, for a number of reasons (learning the playbook, blitz pickup, adjusting to a longer season). Given that Bradshaw's yards per carry continue to decline each year and his multiple injuries, do you think David Wilson's potential opportunity to see extended action is too good to pass up at his ADP?

Hey guys, love the show. Quick question on the Falcons who everyone seems really high on because of the new pass-happy, vertical offence. In the past, I've heard a lot of criticism of Matt Ryan for not having a great deep arm. If one of the reasons people are so high on the Falcons is because of the vertical game, should there not be a bit of caution if Ryan's arm isn't really up to the task?

Thanks!

Is it possible the Ridley could really emerge as a FULL TIME RB in New England and just put Vereen and Woodhead on the bench?

He seems like a perfect full time RB for them.

also....

How could it be possible for Greg Little to NOT catch 90 balls this season?

Weeden will be throwing and throwing and throwing.

If Powell was handed the starting RB job in NY today, convince me that he could put up respectable numbers in what appears to be a poor offense.

Two questions feel free to answer either, neither, or both

1. If anyone watched the south carolina game what did you think of the way Marcus Lattimore looked coming off the injury. I am a homer and a little drunk, but he looks good to me.

2. J. Rogers ? I have read a lot about the fall of Michael Turner. I am surprised to see Rogers start the game with all of the other starting Atl skill players sitting. Cause for concern or not a big deal

I noticed in Bloom's post today, he mentioned that Jimmy Graham is in his third year of full-time football and that he should actually be BETTER! If Jimmy Graham 'breaks out' this season, what kind of numbers could you see him putting up?

Breakout time. Who's this year's Lynch and Cruz/Nelson?

Can you guys pick one RB outside the top 30 and one WR outside the top 40 to finish in the top 10?

Thx!

Hey guys! Love the show. Long time listener of the podcast (and fan of Dr. Rockso). Tonight is my first live show!

Speaking of firsts, I'm heading to my first auction style draft this weekend after 20 years of fantasy football.

Got any general tips for auction drafting?

If you want to know more about the format:

10 team redraft no PPR

Start 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex (RB/WR), 1 TE, K and D.

$200.

Stay Sassy!

Hey guys! In a 5 position keeper league. Working with Rivers, MJD, Charles, Roddy White and Gronk. Picking 9th in a 10 team league. Need WR's, but also need to back up MJD. Should I go WR/WR with my first two picks or go WR/RB to back up MJD? Possible players available...(WR)Bryant,S.Smith, T.Smith, Lloyd, Wallace, Brown, Colston, Thomas,Britt. (RB) Martin, Richardson, Jackson, Bush, Ridley, Jennings. Scoring is a non-PPR with bonus for longer TD's. Players get double pts for yardage out of position. Thanks and love the show!

Like to know some thoughts about a few young players:

Assuming an equal need for a RB (3/4) or WR (4/5), which one player would you pick from this list (and why)?? 16-team Keeper League (KEEPING 7) - PPR, start 3WR

JAX RB Rashad Jennings

NYG RB David Wilson

JAX WR Justin Blackmon

TEN WR Kenny Britt

Taking into account this year and the future:

Who else would you put in Wilson's tier?

What other young WRs under 30 should we be drafting close to Blackmon or Britt?

Hey guys - I'll be listening on my commute to work on Friday. With cutdown day coming, do you see any players getting cut by one team and making an impact with a new team. Need some clarity on what could be the new reality.

Thoughts on jonathannDwyer is non ppr league, specifically versus billal Powell, Daniel Thomas and Felix jones. Ranking em inorder of preference would simplify my life too if you have the time.

Try not to Romero any of them, shoot straight!

d

Good evening Gents. Considering the hype with the Falcons Passing game, where do you see the RBs? When (if?) Do you see Rogers overtaking not-so-much-of-a-burner Turner? Week 5? Later? A full blown RBBC?

Thanks and stay Frosty!

Users who are viewing this thread