What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Denver Passing Game (1 Viewer)

bocksheesh

Footballguy
Lot of ambiguity still surrounding the Denver Bronco passing game. I, for one, expect them to be better than many expect. Kyle Orton will be solid.

And I looked at all three of Gaffney, Royal, and Brandon Lloyd during the preseason trying to get a sense of who was the real WR1. I couldn't figure it out then so I passed on all three. And I still can't figure it out.

All the usual "experts" were trotting out the conventional wisdom that Jabbar Gaffney was the smart-money pick. But Brandon Lloyd has the big game in Week 1.

So, I'm confused. Who do people think is the man in Denver: Gaffney, Royal, or Lloyd?

I don't think there will be a true #1. The WR with the most yards and catches will vary and it will depend on how the D plays them. I think the ball will be spread out alot.

Any guesses or gut feelings regarding what the Denver WR depth chart will look like around midseason? Do Thomas and Decker possibly start to push aside the veterans and become more of a factor or are Gaffney - Royal - Lloyd fairly locked into the top 3 assuming good health?

I think it will turn out to be Lloyd. Orton has a good rapport with him from their days in Chicago. He seemed to go to Gaffney quite a bit in pre-season though, so maybe Lloyd is your WR1 and Gaffney your WR2. But really, it's anyone's guess.

I think it's Royal.

Gaffney & Lloyd: they are what we thought they were.

Didn't the Broncs take him out the slot last year and now he's back in his old position?

I think it's Royal.Gaffney & Lloyd: they are what we thought they were.Didn't the Broncs take him out the slot last year and now he's back in his old position?
I agree. I think it's Royal.Lloyd may have a few good games (and is most likely to lose time to the rookies), but Gaffney and Royal will be more consistent and I wouldn't hesitate to have either Gaffney or Royal as my WR3 in PPR....non-PPR they are more likely WR4 players

I'll say Royal. Wasn't a believer going into the season, but moving him back to the slot seems to have worked so far.

Gaffeny, meh.

Lloyd, just a place holder until rookie D. Thomas is ready (and I think it'll be sooner rather than later.)

I think it's Royal.Gaffney & Lloyd: they are what we thought they were.Didn't the Broncs take him out the slot last year and now he's back in his old position?
I agree. I think it's Royal.Lloyd may have a few good games (and is most likely to lose time to the rookies), but Gaffney and Royal will be more consistent and I wouldn't hesitate to have either Gaffney or Royal as my WR3 in PPR....non-PPR they are more likely WR4 players
Yep throw me on this train and I am a Gaffney owner. Royal is the goods; Gaffney and Lloyd are place holders.

Royal had 98 yards last week as the leading receiver and has potential for getting a TD. I dropped Gaffney earlier in the week, hopefully I won't regret that decision.

I think it will turn out to be Lloyd. Orton has a good rapport with him from their days in Chicago. He seemed to go to Gaffney quite a bit in pre-season though, so maybe Lloyd is your WR1 and Gaffney your WR2. But really, it's anyone's guess.
week 1 will be lloyds best game of the year. bank on it.

week 1 will be lloyds best game of the year. bank on it.
I tend to agree with this, I think it's Gaffney and Royal as the 1/2 guys most of the time..hard to choose between those two. Gaffney has been solid since the end of last season though. I own Gaffney, and somebody just snatched Royal off waivers..I think they're both really solid bye week fill-ins with the right matchup.

I believe after a few weeks Dem Thomas will be WR1 in Denver. He has the skills, but needs time to develop chemistry and timing with Orton.

I love this kid's skill (almost as much as Dez)!

He is scheduled to play this week vs Sea. Not starting, but play. Progress is measured in steps, not miles.

I believe after a few weeks Dem Thomas will be WR1 in Denver. He has the skills, but needs time to develop chemistry and timing with Orton.

I love this kid's skill (almost as much as Dez)!

He is scheduled to play this week vs Sea. Not starting, but play. Progress is measured in steps, not miles.
:goodposting: Those two things are contradictory.

Royal will have the most catches (80+), Gaffney most TD's (8), D. Thomas most 2nd half yards and TD's (450, 5). Thomas steps it up and has a Crabtree like 2nd half. Overall Royal is the one to own in PPR.

Lloyd to the bench. He's comfortable there. Thomas plays Lloyds position. Non PPR I'm going with Gaffney until Thomas starts his climb.

Users who are viewing this thread