What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (1 Viewer)

Ok, I'm here. Who has questions?
1) Where have you been?2) Why did you reject my friend request?3) Is my T-shirt too tight?
1) Away meeting the new girlfriend's family and staying at their beach house. A good time was had by all.2) I have a brzillion pending friend requests from FBGs and am afraid to accept them because I don't know who is who. It's scary enough to have the likes of Tanner posting on your wall, but he cracks me up 100% of the time, so it's worth it.3) Probably.
Woz requested ME. I'm confirmed.Seriously though, its fine. Don't mean to bust your balls. Nobody wants worlds to collide. I posted on Studs' wall the other and I'm praying i don't have to explain his response (if it comes) to any of my real friends.real friend: Who's "moobers"me: :o
I already had to explain to a girl at a bar who studs was, because he kept hitting on her and they are now FB friends.

1) Where have you been?2) Why did you reject my friend request?3) Is my T-shirt too tight?
1) Away meeting the new girlfriend's family and staying at their beach house. A good time was had by all.2) I have a brzillion pending friend requests from FBGs and am afraid to accept them because I don't know who is who. It's scary enough to have the likes of Tanner posting on your wall, but he cracks me up 100% of the time, so it's worth it.3) Probably.
Woz requested ME. I'm confirmed.Seriously though, its fine. Don't mean to bust your balls. Nobody wants worlds to collide. I posted on Studs' wall the other and I'm praying i don't have to explain his response (if it comes) to any of my real friends.real friend: Who's "moobers"me: :o
Not only did I friend you, I gave you superpowers in the FBG facebook group... :hifive:

I already had to explain to a girl at a bar who studs was, because he kept hitting on her and they are now FB friends.
yeah, i saw that.

Not only did I friend you, I gave you superpowers in the FBG facebook group... :hifive:
still dont know why you did that, but much obliged. I still cant figure out who the #### JAsper McPeanutbutter is.

It's just a simple button up sweater I wore to some bar back in the dead of winter...I probably had that thing fully buttoned, unbuttoned and completely off a few times throughout the night...just happened to get a picture like this.
Is there more to the story that would have you dressing and undressing like that throughout the night?J

How old are you and what person that we know do you resemble? What's your normal style for the work week? Weekend? What would you wear to a 4th of July BBQ tomorrow afternoon?

J
In regards to the BBQ afternoon/night attire question.....definitely keep it simple. Nice pair of well fitting jeans (I'm not a shorts guy personally), simple V-Neck short sleeved T-shirt with no design (just white or light colored), aviator style sunglasses and possibly a simple short-billed cadet hat (if you're a hat guy).
Just have to check here thought the rule was that unless that was your F15 parked outside AVIATOR's are a NO NO.(I will assume Offdee disagrees because he wore them and thought it was a good idea.)

still dont know why you did that, but much obliged. I still cant figure out who the #### JAsper McPeanutbutter is.
For the record, I'm not Woz...and I also don't know McPeanutbutterHere's a serious fashion question...I might not listen to the answer, but why not: you keep saying to wear solid color v-neck t-shirts, but you've also said that if the person has a hairy chest, they shouldn't have the chest hair coming out of the shirt.I definitely like a simple t-shirt, and I have a couple decent-looking v-necks that I like to wear. But being of Italian descent, I may have a bit of hair poking out of the top. I know it doesn't look good, but I really don't care for the most part. Any recommendations? I'm not going to trim the chest hair, but I like the shirts.

How old are you and what person that we know do you resemble? What's your normal style for the work week? Weekend? What would you wear to a 4th of July BBQ tomorrow afternoon?

J
In regards to the BBQ afternoon/night attire question.....definitely keep it simple. Nice pair of well fitting jeans (I'm not a shorts guy personally), simple V-Neck short sleeved T-shirt with no design (just white or light colored), aviator style sunglasses and possibly a simple short-billed cadet hat (if you're a hat guy).
Just have to check here thought the rule was that unless that was your F15 parked outside AVIATOR's are a NO NO.(I will assume Offdee disagrees because he wore them and thought it was a good idea.)
I think aviators are fine. What kind of sunglasses would you prefer there McFlip?J

For the record, I'm not Woz...and I also don't know McPeanutbutterHere's a serious fashion question...I might not listen to the answer, but why not: you keep saying to wear solid color v-neck t-shirts, but you've also said that if the person has a hairy chest, they shouldn't have the chest hair coming out of the shirt.I definitely like a simple t-shirt, and I have a couple decent-looking v-necks that I like to wear. But being of Italian descent, I may have a bit of hair poking out of the top. I know it doesn't look good, but I really don't care for the most part. Any recommendations? I'm not going to trim the chest hair, but I like the shirts.
i know who you are. Just trim the chest hair. Although not Italian, i am also pretty hairy. I learned long ago that going completely bare-chested makes me look a fool (since my arms and legs are still hairy). Hacking off a few inches near the neck line doesn't make you less of a man. In related news, i have recently perfected the art of shaving my entire back without any assistance. GB some upper body flexibility and a spare hanger.

J
I think aviators are fine. What kind of sunglasses would you prefer there McFlip?J
Alas I'm the wrong person to ask that as I go through more sunglasses in a year than most of you have in a lifetime, they double as safety glasses for me but were I to spend money on them I do like a version of Mad Cow's maui jim's.I Like These

Last edited by a moderator:
That it matters who you are when you try to pull #### like that off?

i know who you are. Just trim the chest hair. Although not Italian, i am also pretty hairy. I learned long ago that going completely bare-chested makes me look a fool (since my arms and legs are still hairy). Hacking off a few inches near the neck line doesn't make you less of a man. In related news, i have recently perfected the art of shaving my entire back without any assistance. GB some upper body flexibility and a spare hanger.
Interesting. I think I'll look like a fool when I take my shirt off though, but I might try it. It's definitely more fashionable than the neanderthal look.

J
Alas I'm the wrong person to ask that as I go through more sunglasses in a year than most of you have in a lifetime, they double as safety glasses for me but were I to spend money on them I do like a version of Mad Cow's maui jim's.I Like These
oof

Life is also much different outside of the NYCesque area's. I am aware of my style short comings but some of the STYLISH things I just personally do not like, I find them almost hideous.

This is my current pair of "do anything" sunglasses. They're great, because they're a little bit of everything. Part wrap, part aviator, part bad ###, not standing out as any one style in particular. They transition from the office to the beach to the club with ease.

http://www.sunglasshut.com/sgh/pdp.jsp?skus=481361
I would wear those. Those are sweet looking shades, IMO.However, sunglasses are something I would never, ever, ever, ever pay 300 dollars for. 1) I am an idiot and would sit on them or lose them or scratch them. But more importantly, 2) you can find similar ones all over the place for 20 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Life is also much different outside of the NYCesque area's.
There are millions of lousy dressing folks in NYC. Of course there are millions that look kick ###. But it isn't like one needs to live in LA or NY or Paris to try to look nice.

I wouldn't last very long in NYC. Thank god Portland is the home of goofy looking white people. I'm perfectly suited here.
:goodposting: It must also be said that after a certain point in your life fashion isn't and can't be that huge of a factor. Do we really want to be the guy on the wrong side of 35/40 with the fauxhawk and the Poncharello sunglasses at the club?Do we really want to have to call AAA to come change a flat tire because you don't want to get your $200 jeans dirty?Do we really want to throw down $100 for a single dress shirt when our kids need school clothes?

Yes, you should be spending over $100 on jeans. I picked up a pair of True Religions and a pair of 7s this weekend, both are great and will last years. I'm not typically a true religion fan because the pockets can look chick-ish, but if you get the right ones with the right fit and wash, they can be pretty solid casual jeans.
You should move on to raw denim. I think you're ready.

If anyone knows of any fashionable shirts that are slightly longer than average but still slim post the links. I'm 6'3" 195lbs and most size L shirts fit my upper body perfect but don't come down far enough, any bigger sizes look like tents since my waist is pretty slim. I am talking t-shirts, polos, and button up shirts.
you may want to check out some of the designers from Scandinavia. Lots of people up there have similar dimensions as you. J Lindeberg is one of my favorite brands. They've been sponsoring quite a few of the young golfers on the PGA tour.http://www.jlindebergusa.com/MenLandingPage2.aspx
:goodposting: 6'2" 190 here.

Do we really want to be the guy on the wrong side of 35/40 with the fauxhawk and the Poncharello sunglasses at the club?
If you can rock a fauxhawk at 40. Sure. Go for it.
Do we really want to have to call AAA to come change a flat tire because you don't want to get your $200 jeans dirty?
Not sure anyone is suggesting anything of the sort.I work in a shop and wear my 80 dollar jeans to work everyday. They get beat on and dirty, but last long and look good.
Do we really want to throw down $100 for a single dress shirt when our kids need school clothes?
Dont be ridiculous. Everyone knows kids clothes can be bought at goodwill.

- if you're losing your hair to the point where you can see any glimpse of the top or crown of your head....shave it all off already and embrace your baldness. (you're not fooling anybody) (Also a great opportunity to start incorporating cool hats in to your arsenal)
What's the ruling on the Jason Statham approach? i.e. shaving your entire head with an electric trimmer, leaving a shadow beard to match your shadow balding head?

- if you're losing your hair to the point where you can see any glimpse of the top or crown of your head....shave it all off already and embrace your baldness. (you're not fooling anybody) (Also a great opportunity to start incorporating cool hats in to your arsenal)
What's the ruling on the Jason Statham approach? i.e. shaving your entire head with an electric trimmer, leaving a shadow beard to match your shadow balding head?
Pretty sure that is what he was talking about.Not the bic bald shave. Just a close shave like that. And of course, the few day old beard is always encouraged.

Life is also much different outside of the NYCesque area's.
There are millions of lousy dressing folks in NYC. Of course there are millions that look kick ###. But it isn't like one needs to live in LA or NY or Paris to try to look nice.
All I wanted to do was ask about the Aviator shades and I got sucked into the fashion thread. I'm actually laughing right now. I'll leave this to you experts. I will say Nice is HIGHLY subjective.

I wouldn't last very long in NYC. Thank god Portland is the home of goofy looking white people. I'm perfectly suited here.
:goodposting: It must also be said that after a certain point in your life fashion isn't and can't be that huge of a factor. Do we really want to be the guy on the wrong side of 35/40 with the fauxhawk and the Poncharello sunglasses at the club?Do we really want to have to call AAA to come change a flat tire because you don't want to get your $200 jeans dirty?Do we really want to throw down $100 for a single dress shirt when our kids need school clothes?
Yeah, I'm too old to give a damn about how much my jeans cost or how they make my butt look. I've never been much for vanity and detest materialism in women. Trying to land chicks with expensive jeans screams desperation to me and I prefer the ladies in my life to have a little more substance than that.But I'm an old guy facing the alter yet again. I might sing a different tune if I were 20 something, single and hitting the clubs.Lastly, don't be knocking AAA memberships! I'm too lazy to change my own tires and honestly, I probably couldn't change one on the car I'm driving now. I opened up the hood once, couldn't identify one f'n thing in there, shut it and haven't opened it since.

Definitely works. Confidence is the key on this one.J

Pretty sure that is what he was talking about.Not the bic bald shave. Just a close shave like that. And of course, the few day old beard is always encouraged.
Agreed. especially when you incorporate a cool hat half the week. :thumbup:

If I have my head shaved like that, I can't rock the hat.IMO, hats look much, much better with some hair under them.

If I have my head shaved like that, I can't rock the hat.IMO, hats look much, much better with some hair under them.
Depends on the hat.If it's a ballcap, I agree.

But you can still look good in a derby or a tight fedora.

:goodposting: Do we really want to have to call AAA to come change a flat tire because you don't want to get your $200 jeans dirty?
:confused: I changed my tires while wearing $200 jeans. They're jeans, that's what they're for.
:lmao:
:shrug:Some people spend money on good looking clothes.Others pay 400 dollars for a golf club, even though they on their best day, would be lucky to be bogey golf. Or some pay 500,000 dollars for an ugly house in boring suburbia. Even more will pay way too much for an engagement ring.Whatveer works for ya I guess.

:goodposting: Do we really want to have to call AAA to come change a flat tire because you don't want to get your $200 jeans dirty?
:confused: I changed my tires while wearing $200 jeans. They're jeans, that's what they're for.
:shrug:Some people spend money on good looking clothes.Others pay 400 dollars for a golf club, even though they on their best day, would be lucky to be bogey golf. Or some pay 500,000 dollars for an ugly house in boring suburbia. Even more will pay way too much for an engagement ring.Whatveer works for ya I guess.
:mellow:

:confused: So doing stupid things with your money is OK because other people do it as well?

GM>

The reviews for the wolf shirts are a little vulgar. My apologies. Regardless, I feel that they would be a great compliment to your charming social skills at the next Elk's Club/Lodge meeting. If you want to wow them, you NEED a wolf shirt.

GM>The reviews for the wolf shirts are a little vulgar. My apologies. Regardless, I feel that they would be a great compliment to your charming social skills at the next Elk's Club/Lodge meeting. If you want to wow them, you NEED a wolf shirt.
That's okay, I thrive on vulgar. What the hell are the Elks anyway? I still don't get it. Is it a club or just a lounge where you can drink? What do they do?

Users who are viewing this thread