What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (2 Viewers)

So I decided to buy some jeans since my weight has plateaued (lost about 10 sizes), anyway, I had no idea that guys that wear 32/33 waist apparently have chicken legs and a ######. I never had this problem when I was buying big boy sizes. The jeans that I was trying on were relaxed fit but looked more like skinny jeans with zero room for my junk. Also, I am not looking to break the bank here, looking at the $40-$80 window. Any help?
Levis 514 slim straight is the only play in that price range.I personally prefer 511s as they have more of a taper and smaller leg opening which is :style:, but from your post you'll need something with wider legs and a higher rise
lol...I tried some 514s this weekend. I couldn't get them 1/2 way up my thigh...what are you guys stick figures?

So I decided to buy some jeans since my weight has plateaued (lost about 10 sizes), anyway, I had no idea that guys that wear 32/33 waist apparently have chicken legs and a ######. I never had this problem when I was buying big boy sizes. The jeans that I was trying on were relaxed fit but looked more like skinny jeans with zero room for my junk. Also, I am not looking to break the bank here, looking at the $40-$80 window. Any help?
Levis 514 slim straight is the only play in that price range.I personally prefer 511s as they have more of a taper and smaller leg opening which is :style:, but from your post you'll need something with wider legs and a higher rise
lol...I tried some 514s this weekend. I couldn't get them 1/2 way up my thigh...what are you guys stick figures?
Sounds to me like the weight loss has given you some unusual body proportions. The key for you will be this....find jeans you like and try sizes bigger than you think you are. Don't worry about the fit in the waist, just get them where they feel good in the thighs and correct leg width. Immediately take them to a tailor and get the waist taken in. Will be an extra $20, but worth it to have jeans that fit right.

i'm a 38 and wear 514's. they loosen up as you wear them.. and they make your ### look fabulous

Seems to me the mfgrs idea of "athletic" is a little skinny nancy boy who would get his ### kicked by a supermodel.If you've done a clean or squat in the last decade, you will have to size up. GDB trying to find khakis and such. Pleated is your only choice.eta--of course, I have no :style:. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my entire life. I constantly buy a size bigger to fit my legs and awesome ### in.Even when I'm in my best shape - I have to buy bigger. Right now I'm about a 35 waist but have to buy 38's. I still have 15 pounds to lose to 179 (my goal). I even then I have to buy 34 or 36 depending to fit my clothes.It's teh suck.

I hate this thread. Can't wear anything. But I don't think I want to.

Maybe its a CA beach thing as opposed to East Coast sticks. We wear shorts 365, 24/7.

Whomever was talking about taking off shorts after dark blew my mind. Terrible.

i'm a 38 and wear 514's. they loosen up as you wear them.. and they make your ### look fabulous
I tried for about 10 minutes and couldn't even get them past my thighs. I'm sure my ### looked great hanging out.I'm 6'5" and built like a tank. I usually get relaxed size 40 and wear a belt to keep them at my waist.Never thought about getting jeans tailored. :bag: I'll have to look into that.

Sounds to me like the weight loss has given you some unusual body proportions. The key for you will be this....find jeans you like and try sizes bigger than you think you are. Don't worry about the fit in the waist, just get them where they feel good in the thighs and correct leg width. Immediately take them to a tailor and get the waist taken in. Will be an extra $20, but worth it to have jeans that fit right.
Never thought about getting jeans tailored. I don't think I will ever fit into a slim stype.

Looking for a new wallet.

Any suggestions where I'd still have money to put in it? ($50 or less)

Have used black leather slim bifolds in the past but open to trying something else, moneyclip?

I tried for about 10 minutes and couldn't even get them past my thighs. I'm sure my ### looked great hanging out.I'm 6'5" and built like a tank. I usually get relaxed size 40 and wear a belt to keep them at my waist.Never thought about getting jeans tailored. :bag: I'll have to look into that.
Once you get them on, don't forget to wear them in a freezer for an hour or something like that.

Once you get them on, don't forget to wear them in a freezer for an hour or something like that.
:lmao:

Ok, this is a good as placeas any. I got a really nice fitted golf shirt. It's made out of a under armorlike material. Here is my problem, it fits great except it is white and the way it sits on my body you can see my masculine nips through it. I don't have moobs. Just my man nipples. how is this avoided?

Looking for a new wallet.Any suggestions where I'd still have money to put in it? ($50 or less)Have used black leather slim bifolds in the past but open to trying something else, moneyclip?
MAKR has nice wallets if you want to spoil yourselfhttp://www.makr.com/If you are looking for a less expensive alternative, this is nicehttp://www.malcolmfontier.com/store/mojito.html

Ok, this is a good as placeas any. I got a really nice fitted golf shirt. It's made out of a under armorlike material. Here is my problem, it fits great except it is white and the way it sits on my body you can see my masculine nips through it. I don't have moobs. Just my man nipples. how is this avoided?
band-aids or wife beater

I'd opt for these but they're $10 out of your price range. Best denim your money can buy: Gap selvageThe 514 Slim Straight are also good value but not near the quality as that pair of Gap's i linked.
If relaxed fit is too skinny for him, he'll hate those Gap jeans. I'm pretty thin but feel like my thighs barely fit in those.

'rascal said:
Never thought about getting jeans tailored. I don't think I will ever fit into a slim stype.
The fashion designer wife and I threw around the idea of putting together a men's line- fashionable/cool but sized to fit normal American guys. When I was in my early 20s, the standard male-model fit-size was a size 32 waist. Now... I'm pretty sure it's a 28, or maybe 30. WTF fits that except for gay or European men? I like to consider myself- or at least did- a fairly fit, style conscious guy; when I was in the middle of triathlon days and just finished an IronMan, I literally couldn't find clothes that fit me as a 6' tall, 32" waist without going up sizes. Buying a suit was :loco: - I kept trying to swap in larger pants with the smaller jacket/suit size. Now that the waist has ballooned, it's pretty much sweat pants and xxxl wife-beaters.

'No. 16 said:
Rocked bow ties in Vegas and it was a hit. Got a lot of compliments from girls and oddly dudes too.
Very limited number of guys that can pull that off. Helps if you look more like Dhani Jones than George Will.J

Questions: Black polo, Medium-wash blue jeans, and darkish brown ankle boots.

Yay or nay? Does the no black/brown thing apply here?

Questions: Black polo, Medium-wash blue jeans, and darkish brown ankle boots.Yay or nay? Does the no black/brown thing apply here?
I personally wouldn't do it, but you could probably get away with it.Would be better if the polo was navy blue, rather than black.

Finally found some Jeans that fir well in the leg and crotchural region. Seven For All Mankind relaxed size 32 and we have a winner. $60 at Nordstrom rack.

At lunch right now and some tool in line with a solid bright green dress shirt, solid black pants and tie. Oh and sunglasses perched on his forehead. Don't be that guy fellas.

'offdee said:
At lunch right now and some tool in line with a solid bright green dress shirt, solid black pants and tie. Oh and sunglasses perched on his forehead. Don't be that guy fellas.
So where do I put my sunglasses

'offdee said:
:style:http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/FBG%20Fashion/IMAG0170.jpg

'offdee said:
:style:http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/FBG%20Fashion/IMAG0170.jpg
Gonna have to disagree. Always fall off on shirt and don't want to take any chances, and honestly that doesn't look much better ;) These don't hang on my shirt well :mystyle:

'offdee said:
Gonna have to disagree. Always fall off on shirt and don't want to take any chances, and honestly that doesn't look much better ;) These don't hang on my shirt well :mystyle:
I sling mine off my front pants pocket. Hanging them off the middle of your shirt looks too much like you want to be at the beachdouche.

:style:

I've needed some new suits for a while and just saw that Joseph A Bank is having a 70% off sale. Anyone purchased from there?

I don't wear suits that often, so these don't have the be the best quality ever.

Is classic solid black or grey 2 button coat with flat front pants still in :style:?

I've needed some new suits for a while and just saw that Joseph A Bank is having a 70% off sale. Anyone purchased from there?I don't wear suits that often, so these don't have the be the best quality ever. Is classic solid black or grey 2 button coat with flat front pants still in :style:?
JAB is always having a sale. You'll just get your standard Men's Warehouse type of suit there.....average, but nothing of quality or high :style:2 button and flat front pants (get no cuffs on the pants) will always be :style: I feel a charcoal grey suit is best if don't wear one too often and you just need one go-to every once in a while. Can be both formal and casual and paired with pretty much any color shirt, tie and shoes. Solid black comes off as too boring, formal and funeral wear.ETA: actually the 3 button suit is making a comeback....been seeing them quite a bit lately worn by the stars. But, if just trying to get some staple suits that stand the test of time, stuck with 2 buttons

JAB produces a very poor suit...I'd stay away. Buy something quality that will last. If you don't want to shell out a lot of money, hit the discount stores like Last Call, Off 5th or Gilt and get a good suit for slightly more than Jos. Macys also has a nice slim fit slim fit Alfani line that will only run you $200 or so when on sale.

edit: Go with either a midnight blue or charcoal grey suit, 2 button sans pleats

OKC is opening an outlet mall that includes brooks brothers, JoS. A. Bank, Johnston abd Murphy, etc. Sweet.

I've needed some new suits for a while and just saw that Joseph A Bank is having a 70% off sale. Anyone purchased from there?I don't wear suits that often, so these don't have the be the best quality ever. Is classic solid black or grey 2 button coat with flat front pants still in :style:?
I don't know why, but the Joseph Banks radio commercials really make me want to buy a suit.

Users who are viewing this thread