What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

the first round if drafted today (1 Viewer)

The Moz

Footballguy
1. AD - 1st

2. A. Foster - a 5th - 8th

3. CJIII - 1st

4. MJD - 1st

5. A. Bradshaw 4th - 5th

6. R. Mendenhall - 1st - 2nd

7. R. Wayne - 2nd

8. L. Tomlinson :goodposting: - 8th-12th

9. R. White - 2nd - 3rd

10 P. Manning - 2nd - 3rd

11. M. Austin - 2nd

12. DMC ( higher if no injury ) 7th - 10th

The first round if drafted today would not look like the draft 4 weeks ago, and it won't look like the draft 4 weeks from now.

1. AD - 1st2. A. Foster - a 5th - 8th3. CJIII - 1st4. MJD - 1st5. A. Bradshaw 4th - 5th6. R. Mendenhall - 1st - 2nd7. R. Wayne - 2nd8. L. Tomlinson :lmao: - 8th-12th9. R. White - 2nd - 3rd10 P. Manning - 2nd - 3rd11. M. Austin - 2nd12. DMC ( higher if no injury ) 7th - 10th
No way would I include TOmlinson (currently 10th RB in my ppr), McFadden (5th RB but that was without Bush, who now has a chance to start), or Austin (currently WR16 in my PPR). Austin has been a disappointment to date. McFadden is the classic "flash in the pan." And Tomlinson has been good, but not THAT good, and do you expect him to keep it up all season? I don't.I would add: Best and McCoy. I expect the two of them to keep up their production too. I would also include Rice--I fully expect he will be top 10 when all is said and done.

1. AD - 1st2. A. Foster - a 5th - 8th3. CJIII - 1st4. MJD - 1st5. A. Bradshaw 4th - 5th6. R. Mendenhall - 1st - 2nd7. R. Wayne - 2nd8. L. Tomlinson :lmao: - 8th-12th9. R. White - 2nd - 3rd10 P. Manning - 2nd - 3rd11. M. Austin - 2nd12. DMC ( higher if no injury ) 7th - 10th
People don't draft staight off current points scored. They draft on projected points the rest of the way.I did a draft last week.Bradshaw was not the 5th pick, LT 8th overall ? Ya that didn't happen.Here is what the 1st round looked like as of last weekPPR league1 C-Johnson2 Peterson3 Gore4 M-Drew5 M-Turner6 Foster7 R-Rice8 Austin9 R-White10 A-Johnson11 R-Moss12 MendenhallThat was your 1st round as of 1 week ago.For your players listed aboveBradshaw went at end of the 3rd (pick 36)McFadden in 4th (pick 38)LT went in the 4th (pick 40)P-Manning went in the 2nd (pick 17)

No way would I include TOmlinson (currently 10th RB in my ppr), McFadden (5th RB but that was without Bush, who now has a chance to start), or Austin (currently WR16 in my PPR). Austin has been a disappointment to date. McFadden is the classic "flash in the pan." And Tomlinson has been good, but not THAT good, and do you expect him to keep it up all season? I don't.I would add: Best and McCoy. I expect the two of them to keep up their production too. I would also include Rice--I fully expect he will be top 10 when all is said and done.
Austin is a disappointment? He has 2 10 catch 140+ yard 1 td games this year and one bad game. He had his bye week so he has only played three games. Not sure how that is ANYTHING close to a disappointment. Also, adding best or mccoy over Gore? puuhhhhhhllllleeeeeaaasssssssseeee

Last edited by a moderator:
1. AD - 1st2. A. Foster - a 5th - 8th3. CJIII - 1st4. MJD - 1st5. A. Bradshaw 4th - 5th6. R. Mendenhall - 1st - 2nd7. R. Wayne - 2nd8. L. Tomlinson :excited: - 8th-12th9. R. White - 2nd - 3rd10 P. Manning - 2nd - 3rd11. M. Austin - 2nd12. DMC ( higher if no injury ) 7th - 10th
Well then, I drafted well. 12 team redraft, 11th slot. Went Austin/Manning/Foster/Gates/Tomlinson. Traded Gates for MJD (would have had 5 on your list) but it got shot down by my main league.

1. AD - 1st

3. CJIII - 1st

4. MJD - 1st

5. A. Bradshaw 4th - 5th

7. R. Wayne - 2nd

8. L. Tomlinson :excited: - 8th-12th

9. R. White - 2nd - 3rd

11. M. Austin - 2nd

I like your top 12, like that I have 4 of them rostered. I dont think McFadden makes the list. McCluster is the real DMC.

Hillis? He has more points in my league than all those guys except for AP and Foster and Manning.

1. AD - 1st2. A. Foster - a 5th - 8th3. CJIII - 1st4. MJD - 1st5. A. Bradshaw 4th - 5th6. R. Mendenhall - 1st - 2nd7. R. Wayne - 2nd8. L. Tomlinson :rolleyes: - 8th-12th9. R. White - 2nd - 3rd10 P. Manning - 2nd - 3rd11. M. Austin - 2nd12. DMC ( higher if no injury ) 7th - 10th

If I was drafting today:

1. AP

2. CJ

3. Foster

4. Gore

5. SJax (is going to explode as long as Bradford keeps playing how he is)

6. MJD

7. Ray Rice

8. Andre (still no wr id rather have)

9. Miles Austin

10. Peyton Manning

11. Rashard Mendenhall

12. Roddy White/ Reggie Wayne/Michael Turner

-I doubt the health for a full season of Bradshaw, DMC, Best

- I do not like Lesean Mccoy's remaining schedule.

-I dont fully buy into LT or Hillis yet

-Jamaal Charles is going to be a top 15 player, and if i was drafting today he'd prob go in the 4th round and be a steal. The chiefs had the bye to review game tape, maybe they'll realize that the guy that got 1000 yards in 8 games last year is pretty good and doubling jones output.

Last edited by a moderator:
our original 1st. non ppr 2rb/2wr/1flex

AP

CJ

MJD

Rice

Gore

Turner

AJ

SJax

DWill

RMoss

CalJohn

ARogers

Foster and Best both went 3.04 and 3.05

If Draft was todaty

AP

Foster

Gore

CJ

SJax

MJD

Mendy

Manning

AJ

White

Rogers

Moss

I like Peyton Manning but why would he be a 1st round pick today in any league where he was a 2nd or 3rd before the season? He's done well but no better than was expected IMO.

1. AD - 1st2. A. Foster - a 5th - 8th3. CJIII - 1st4. MJD - 1st5. A. Bradshaw 4th - 5th6. R. Mendenhall - 1st - 2nd7. R. Wayne - 2nd8. L. Tomlinson :rolleyes: - 8th-12th9. R. White - 2nd - 3rd10 P. Manning - 2nd - 3rd11. M. Austin - 2nd12. DMC ( higher if no injury ) 7th - 10th
No Gore no Best.. this list is.... not so much.

The middle of next week will give you the data you want with the 2nd part of the FBG Survivor leagues drafting again. I think 4 drafts somewhere middle of next week.

Man In The Box said:
shortbow said:
Now, imagine Hillis is black.
Tolbert?
Yes! Because their situations are nearly identical!Tolbert will be getting about 6 touches a game 3 weeks from now. Try again.
I think I was as close as possible, they are both big bruiser type backs, im sure tolbert spent some time as a FB at some point and in Mathews absence he has performed above everyones expectations. How is this not an accurate comparison?Id wager Hillis wont be the back in Cleveland all year, dont underestimate Mangini and his futility.

Man In The Box said:
shortbow said:
Now, imagine Hillis is black.
Tolbert?
Yes! Because their situations are nearly identical!Tolbert will be getting about 6 touches a game 3 weeks from now. Try again.
I think I was as close as possible, they are both big bruiser type backs, im sure tolbert spent some time as a FB at some point and in Mathews absence he has performed above everyones expectations. How is this not an accurate comparison?Id wager Hillis wont be the back in Cleveland all year, dont underestimate Mangini and his futility.
Barring injury, Hillis will be the man all season in Cleveland. I don't think Mangini could even screw that up. The big difference in the two situations is that Hillis doesn't have a first round pick, who the organization traded way up to get, ready to take most of the team's carries. You can't possibly say that if you had Hillis, you'd trade him straight up for Tolbert.

If Hardesty were healthy Hillis and Tolbert would have an identical situation.

I have heard rumours Hardesty is injured however.

1. AD - 1st

3. CJIII - 1st

4. MJD - 1st

5. A. Bradshaw 4th - 5th

7. R. Wayne - 2nd

8. L. Tomlinson :excited: - 8th-12th

9. R. White - 2nd - 3rd

11. M. Austin - 2nd