What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Forgotten Free Agents (1 Viewer)

Jeff Tefertiller

Footballguy
I realize that in the first phase of free agency has many big names, but there are still starter-quality players available. When I look around the available free agents, I see several that could help a few teams each. Here are some that stood out to me:

Byron Leftwich - Has been a competent starter in the league and looked respectable in spot duty last year.

Jeff Garcia - Played well last year in Tampa and could add stability to a young quarterback corps

Warrick Dunn - Had a good 2008 season, even though he is well into his 30s and could be a passable 3rd down back

Jerry Porter - Flopped in Jacksonville last year after an acrimonious departure from Oakland. Still could aide some teams

Matt Jones - Has made his share of mistakes and seems only a matter of time before some team takes a chance

Torry Holt - Had an off year, as did most of the Ram players, now can he be a difference-maker elsewhere, maybe in a lower octane offense?

Marvin Harrison - Are his knees shot? Lack of interest may indicate so.

D.J. Hackett - He was a hot item on these boards before signing a surprisingly cheap deal in Carolina (2 yrs for $3.5), now little interest in him.

Marty Booker - Veteran can be a good depth receiver for s few receiver-starved teams.

There are also a few decent offensive linemen still available. Where do you see these guys going? Also, which have the best shot at contributing in 2009?

i think most teams are focused on tapping into the rookie talent pool rather than sign some of these retreads They may find a job once camps start and either injuries trike or young guys not meeting expectations. At that point, there asking price will have dropped considerably as well...

i think most teams are focused on tapping into the rookie talent pool rather than sign some of these retreads They may find a job once camps start and either injuries trike or young guys not meeting expectations. At that point, there asking price will have dropped considerably as well...
I realize that some (Leftwich, Holt, etc) will be asking for a lot of money, but there are others that can contribute. I doubt, Jerry Porter, Matt Jones, D.J. Hackett, Warrick Dunn, etc would cost much more than the veteran minimum. Yes, each of these has their own issues ... but that is what makes them cheap.

I realize that some (Leftwich, Holt, etc) will be asking for a lot of money, but there are others that can contribute. I doubt, Jerry Porter, Matt Jones, D.J. Hackett, Warrick Dunn, etc would cost much more than the veteran minimum. Yes, each of these has their own issues ... but that is what makes them cheap.
If I'm a GM in NFL. I feel like none of them are gonna make me feel comfortable about their respective position short term or long term, and they will likely take reps away from some of my younger players I am trying to develop. That is my take on it. I'd rather wait to see what we have, rather then spend money on an aging veteran that may or may not contribute for 16 gamesIf teams felt Leftwich was giving a chance to start, he would have a job. Holt as well

Last edited by a moderator:
D.J. Hackett - He was a hot item on these boards before signing a surprisingly cheap deal in Carolina (2 yrs for $3.5), now little interest in him.
According to Wikipedia,
On March 10,2009, Hackett signed a one-year, $1.7 million contract with the Washington Redskins.
Going to look for confirmation.Every link I find points to Washington's interest in DJ Hackett in 2008. I suspect the Wikipedia report is bogus.

Leftwich & Matt Jones had some nice chemistry together a couple years back. If I were a team lacking a QB & WR2/3, I'd go after both.

Holt seems to be taking his time.
Mar. 16, 2009 - 9:32 a.m. ET

Free agent Torry Holt is reportedly out of the country on vacation and won't be visiting any teams soon.

Holt is expected to wait "at least a few days" before making the rounds. The Titans, having already attempted to trade for him, remain the most likely landing spot.

Source: Nashville City Paper

I realize that in the first phase of free agency has many big names, but there are still starter-quality players available. When I look around the available free agents, I see several that could help a few teams each. Here are some that stood out to me:

Byron Leftwich - Has been a competent starter in the league and looked respectable in spot duty last year.

Jeff Garcia - Played well last year in Tampa and could add stability to a young quarterback corps

Warrick Dunn - Had a good 2008 season, even though he is well into his 30s and could be a passable 3rd down back

Jerry Porter - Flopped in Jacksonville last year after an acrimonious departure from Oakland. Still could aide some teams

Matt Jones - Has made his share of mistakes and seems only a matter of time before some team takes a chance

Torry Holt - Had an off year, as did most of the Ram players, now can he be a difference-maker elsewhere, maybe in a lower octane offense?

Marvin Harrison - Are his knees shot? Lack of interest may indicate so.

Marty Booker - Veteran can be a good depth receiver for s few receiver-starved teams.

There are also a few decent offensive linemen still available. Where do you see these guys going? Also, which have the best shot at contributing in 2009?
I think most if not all of these players fall into a plan B category for just about anybody at this point in the offseason. None of them are prolific at this point in their careers. With the draft merely a month away, teams are putting a majority of their focus on their draft boards and scheduling pro day attendances. I think both Leftwich and Garcia will have to back off of their "I wanna start" stances to get any real consideration, although I think Garcia would be a good fit for the Jets until they figure out who their future is at QB. I just don't know how much interest the Jets may have until the Cutler saga plays itself out.

Holt and Harrison are obviously fighting knee issues, but I could see them contributing for any number of teams as a WR3 if they're willing to accept a near minimum salary. The Bucs, Seahawks, Titans, Rams, Dolphins, Eagles, Bengals, Browns, Jaguars, Texans, Panthers and even the Cardinals if Boldin leaves all come to mind. Maybe even the 49ers if Bruce decides to retire.

I don't think Matt Jones even has a market right now.

The Lions could probably use Dunn for a year. He could contribute there and provide some good leadership and mentoring to some of the younger players.

As far as Porter, Hackett and Booker go, I don't see anybody looking their way until well after the draft. Even then opportunities will be scarce.

Yeah, definitely surprised about Leftwich and Holt. And Dunn could certainly be a 3rd down back somewhere I would think. I hope Buffalo looks at him. I'd take Jackson and Dunn splitting up the carries while Lynch serves his suspension.

Garcia's outspoken past is probably hurting him. Teams know that he won't be happy as a backup and nobody is really looking for a starter right now. Although I'm a bit surprised that Detroit or the Jets wouldn't take a look.

I don't think I'd touch Porter or Jones. Jones will almost certainly serve a big suspension and hasn't really shown a whole lot to begin with. Porter hasn't shown a whole lot of consistency AND he has somewhat of a bad attitude. I'd rather take my chances on a young unproven guy over those guys.

Holt and Harrison are obviously fighting knee issues,
Forgive me for :loco: , but how is Holt "obviously" fighting a knee issue? Anything new on this since 2007?
I've seen where you were pursuing this topic in another thread recently. Since 2007 it's become such common knowledge across the league that it no longer deserves mentioning over and over again. That's why you don't see it in print any longer. Although Holt will turn 33 in June, he would have been signed by "somebody" by now if he could pass a "real" physical, don't ya think? His knee condition is real and it's chronic. Most everybody knows that. That's why he's out there without so much as a sniff thus far.

Although Holt will turn 33 in June, he would have been signed by "somebody" by now if he could pass a "real" physical, don't ya think?
This is why I posted the above link about Holt being out of the country. This was reported immediately following his release and was made known he had no intention on signing with anyone immediately. This is easily a real reason why he may not have signed yet. But, I guess that's false and is just a front to hide his knee injury. :loco: Guess we'll find out soon enough.

KFFL) Matthew Barrows, of the Sacramento Bee, reports the San Francisco 49ers have some interest in free-agent WR Torry Holt (Rams), but they are very skeptical about his right knee.

(Rotoworld) The 49ers are reportedly "very wary" of Torry Holt's history of knee injuries. Analysis: They should be. Holt, 33 this spring, may still have gas left in the tank, but he's going to be a risky signing. His production has fallen way off the past couple of seasons, and he was noticeably struggling to gain separation from defenders last year.

Although Holt will turn 33 in June, he would have been signed by "somebody" by now if he could pass a "real" physical, don't ya think?
This is why I posted the above link about Holt being out of the country. This was reported immediately following his release and was made known he had no intention on signing with anyone immediately. This is easily a real reason why he may not have signed yet. But, I guess that's false and is just a front to hide his knee injury. :rolleyes: Guess we'll find out soon enough.
You sound like the president of the Torry Holt fan club (or are you his agent?).He knows he can't pass a real physical. Knowing that, he's also well aware that nobody will be in a rush to sign him. So sure, why not take a vacation, relax, and wait until the market possibly improves after the draft in that somebody will be willing to take a chance.

"A front to hide his injury?" It's no secret. Everybody already knows it. Except you apparently.

We'll find out soon enough to be sure.

This is why I posted the above link about Holt being out of the country. This was reported immediately following his release and was made known he had no intention on signing with anyone immediately. This is easily a real reason why he may not have signed yet. But, I guess that's false and is just a front to hide his knee injury. :rolleyes: Guess we'll find out soon enough.
You sound like the president of the Torry Holt fan club.He knows he can't pass a real physical. Knowing that, he's also well aware that nobody will be in a rush to sign him. So sure, why not take a vacation, relax, and wait until the market possibly improves after the draft in that somebody will be willing to take a chance.

"A front to hide his injury?" It's no secret. Everybody already knows it. Except you apparently.

Sorry, nobody here KNOWS anything. Unless you are Torry Holt, his physician, or anyone that's been made privy to the information, you don't KNOW anything about whether he has a degenerative or lingering knee injury. You can ASSUME that he does like the majority has. And you're more than entitled to do so. I'm not saying he doesn't. It's very possible that is indeed the case. I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the case.But, unlike you and many others, I also understand that the representation of the condition of his knee could be completely overblown. You seem to completely dismiss that as a possibility. There's a big difference between your position and mine. I understand that not all journalism should be taken as gospel and there are enough factors surrounding his knee and what's been reported about it that it may be a lot more "hype" than actual information.

But yes, I guess I'm just a simpleton and not very smart and not able to read what's out there, process the information, and conclude that he "obviously" has a knee injury. Everyone is smart, "except me apparently".

This is why I posted the above link about Holt being out of the country. This was reported immediately following his release and was made known he had no intention on signing with anyone immediately. This is easily a real reason why he may not have signed yet. But, I guess that's false and is just a front to hide his knee injury. :yawn: Guess we'll find out soon enough.
You sound like the president of the Torry Holt fan club (or are you his agent?).He knows he can't pass a real physical. Knowing that, he's also well aware that nobody will be in a rush to sign him. So sure, why not take a vacation, relax, and wait until the market possibly improves after the draft in that somebody will be willing to take a chance.

You stay classy, Andy.Classic example of someone turning a nice thread into a :blackdot:

This is why I posted the above link about Holt being out of the country. This was reported immediately following his release and was made known he had no intention on signing with anyone immediately. This is easily a real reason why he may not have signed yet. But, I guess that's false and is just a front to hide his knee injury. :yawn: Guess we'll find out soon enough.

You stay classy, Andy.Classic example of someone turning a nice thread into a :blackdot:
Point taken. My bad, but I stand by my posting in general.

I apologize for turning this into a back and forth from a worthwhile thread. Didn't mean to hijack. I hope the point isn't lost that there may be a legitimate reason for Holt not signing (being out of the country) other than his knee. The knee still remains a strong possibility for that reason as well.

Of the above listed, I think Holt easily has the most upside. This is why it should be considered that he COULD return back to form even if it's unlikely.

I'm a big Torry Holt fan, I feel that he is one of the real professionals in the league. He played at such a high level for so long and you never heard a word from him, classy, honestly. I understand people are holding on to that last remaining bit of hope that he isn't finished but I believe the writing is on the wall. I don't believe he's going to be the #1 on any team but if he goes to a team that already has some play-making receivers he can aid a team for sure. If he will lower his asking price and line up in the slot or opposite a young blossoming receiver he'll have 2-3 seasons left. My best comparison I can think of is Mush from last season on the panthers, if he can find a team that needs a solid pair of hands to move the chains, he's your guy but unfortunately I think his asking price is going to overshadow his production upside.

This is why I posted the above link about Holt being out of the country. This was reported immediately following his release and was made known he had no intention on signing with anyone immediately. This is easily a real reason why he may not have signed yet. But, I guess that's false and is just a front to hide his knee injury. :no: Guess we'll find out soon enough.
You sound like the president of the Torry Holt fan club.He knows he can't pass a real physical. Knowing that, he's also well aware that nobody will be in a rush to sign him. So sure, why not take a vacation, relax, and wait until the market possibly improves after the draft in that somebody will be willing to take a chance.

Sorry, nobody here KNOWS anything. Unless you are Torry Holt, his physician, or anyone that's been made privy to the information, you don't KNOW anything about whether he has a degenerative or lingering knee injury. You can ASSUME that he does like the majority has. And you're more than entitled to do so. I'm not saying he doesn't. It's very possible that is indeed the case. I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the case.But, unlike you and many others, I also understand that the representation of the condition of his knee could be completely overblown. You seem to completely dismiss that as a possibility. There's a big difference between your position and mine. I understand that not all journalism should be taken as gospel and there are enough factors surrounding his knee and what's been reported about it that it may be a lot more "hype" than actual information.

But yes, I guess I'm just a simpleton and not very smart and not able to read what's out there, process the information, and conclude that he "obviously" has a knee injury. Everyone is smart, "except me apparently".
Both the 49ers and the Steelers have passed on him, the 49ers said because of the knee and likely the Steelers as well. When there's smoke there's fire, I realize you own him in dynasty league but the guys done. He couldn't get any separation last year, my eyes tells me he's lost a step. Rams cutting him and teams passing on him just confirms that. He's played 10 season's on the most unforgiving playing surface in football, its time to let him go.

Depending on how the draft goes, I can see Dunn in Seattle. He has a history with Mora and had a decent year last year. Can't find the link but I remember reading something recently that he was 'starting to workout and that should explain things' or words to that effect. One drawback is that Seattle is on the opposite side of the country to where a lot of his charitable work is done.

Forgive me for :shrug: , but how is Holt "obviously" fighting a knee issue? Anything new on this since 2007?
I've seen where you were pursuing this topic in another thread recently. Since 2007 it's become such common knowledge across the league that it no longer deserves mentioning over and over again. That's why you don't see it in print any longer. Although Holt will turn 33 in June, he would have been signed by "somebody" by now if he could pass a "real" physical, don't ya think? His knee condition is real and it's chronic. Most everybody knows that. That's why he's out there without so much as a sniff thus far.
wow not one shred of this is trueit was convincing though props on that

I'm a big Torry Holt fan, I feel that he is one of the real professionals in the league. He played at such a high level for so long and you never heard a word from him, classy, honestly. I understand people are holding on to that last remaining bit of hope that he isn't finished but I believe the writing is on the wall. I don't believe he's going to be the #1 on any team but if he goes to a team that already has some play-making receivers he can aid a team for sure. If he will lower his asking price and line up in the slot or opposite a young blossoming receiver he'll have 2-3 seasons left. My best comparison I can think of is Mush from last season on the panthers, if he can find a team that needs a solid pair of hands to move the chains, he's your guy but unfortunately I think his asking price is going to overshadow his production upside.
you don't hear anything from him except when he calls himself "big game"

Out of all the antics that some football players pull, you really think the fact that he calls himself "Big Game" is unprofessional?Let me guess, your also a fan of the excessive celebrating penalties, team celebrating penalties and all other things that might constitute/be associated with the word "fun". How are you Mr. Goodell??.. you know you can't just sneak posts without us realizing it's you after a while.

This is why I posted the above link about Holt being out of the country. This was reported immediately following his release and was made known he had no intention on signing with anyone immediately. This is easily a real reason why he may not have signed yet. But, I guess that's false and is just a front to hide his knee injury. :lmao: Guess we'll find out soon enough.
He knows he can't pass a real physical.
As opposed to a fake physical? What are you saying here, some team may be willing to overlook his "injury" and sign him without a physical?

Out of all the antics that some football players pull, you really think the fact that he calls himself "Big Game" is unprofessional?Let me guess, your also a fan of the excessive celebrating penalties, team celebrating penalties and all other things that might constitute/be associated with the word "fun". How are you Mr. Goodell??.. you know you can't just sneak posts without us realizing it's you after a while.
Wow, nice leaps there. I never said it was unprofessional. I just don't take a shine to players who give themselves nicknames. I am from the school that others should come up with nicknames. It's a lot less douchey that way. :goodposting:

Hey everyone,

I've been compiling and updating the FA stuff for our database and saw Jeff's thread and thought I would throw my $0.02 into the mix.

Here is a list of the available FA QBs still unsigned; it's a fairly bare cupboard as you might expect.

Code:
Name	Type	2008Team	Rating	Comment
Byron Leftwich	UFA	PIT	3	Dark horse for starting job, somewhere
Jeff Garcia	UFA	TB	3	Still thinks he can start, few agree
J.P. Losman	UFA	BUF	2	Tools + age make him viable backup option
Joey Harrington	UFA	NO	2	Recycled more than tin cans
Rex Grossman	UFA	CHI	2	Bears finally cut bait
Trent Green	REL	STL	2	May retire, but hasn't done so officially
Kyle Boller	UFA	BAL	2	Visited OAK but no deal yet
Charlie Batch	UFA	PIT	2	Appears set to return to PIT as QB2
Patrick Ramsey	UFA	DEN	1	Supposedly will be QB3 in NE or TEN
Jamie Martin	UFA	SF	1	No Martz in SF means no job for Martin
Charlie Frye	UFA	SEA	1	Visited Raiders but little interest
Ken Dorsey	REL	CLE	1	Was AWFUL in 2008
Brooks Bollinger	UFA	DAL	1	Clipboard holder if he's lucky
Marques Tuiasosopo	UFA	OAK	1	3rd stringer at best these days
Anthony Wright	UFA	NYG	1	Low priority QB free agent
You have to think Boller would be the dark horse of this group given his starting experience, relatively young age and his reputation for handling his role well. I think some of the other starters with experience are higher risks because of their perceived ability to handle a backup role. I'm sure Grossman is going to attract attention from some team, if not now then after an inevitable training camp injury opens the door.

Miami should go and sign Harrison and Holt, stabalize the WRs, this would give them Marvin, Holt, Ginn, Bess, and Camarillo coming back after injury to go with good solid QB, TE, and RB play.

But what the heck does an amateur like me know?

Great thread, not sure who is voting but it seems like a thread we want to see...4-5 stars.

Duece McAllister needs to be put on the list.

I think Matt Jones is the Free Agent out there with the most potential. He is one of the few whose skills aren't on the decline. If he can just get his head on straight, he'll be a good wr for somebody for awhile he is only 25. Someone on here said that a team will owe Jacksonville a big "thank you" for developing him and then cutting him and I agree with this sentiment. His stats would have been similar to Antonio Bryant's this year if he didn't miss those 4 games. Bryant is now a franchise wr with a questionable past also.

Do you guys want me to embed tables for other positions or would you rather separate threads to discuss each position?

DJ Hackett might not have panned out in Carolina but I think teams should bring the guy in. I was never big on him but he is fairly young and has made plays for a playoff team in Seattle.

Hey everyone,I've been compiling and updating the FA stuff for our database and saw Jeff's thread and thought I would throw my $0.02 into the mix.Here is a list of the available FA QBs still unsigned; it's a fairly bare cupboard as you might expect.

Code:
Name	Type	2008Team	Rating	CommentByron Leftwich	UFA	PIT	3	Dark horse for starting job, somewhereJeff Garcia	UFA	TB	3	Still thinks he can start, few agreeJ.P. Losman	UFA	BUF	2	Tools + age make him viable backup optionJoey Harrington	UFA	NO	2	Recycled more than tin cansRex Grossman	UFA	CHI	2	Bears finally cut baitTrent Green	REL	STL	2	May retire, but hasn't done so officiallyKyle Boller	UFA	BAL	2	Visited OAK but no deal yetCharlie Batch	UFA	PIT	2	Appears set to return to PIT as QB2Patrick Ramsey	UFA	DEN	1	Supposedly will be QB3 in NE or TENJamie Martin	UFA	SF	1	No Martz in SF means no job for MartinCharlie Frye	UFA	SEA	1	Visited Raiders but little interestKen Dorsey	REL	CLE	1	Was AWFUL in 2008Brooks Bollinger	UFA	DAL	1	Clipboard holder if he's luckyMarques Tuiasosopo	UFA	OAK	1	3rd stringer at best these daysAnthony Wright	UFA	NYG	1	Low priority QB free agent
You have to think Boller would be the dark horse of this group given his starting experience, relatively young age and his reputation for handling his role well. I think some of the other starters with experience are higher risks because of their perceived ability to handle a backup role. I'm sure Grossman is going to attract attention from some team, if not now then after an inevitable training camp injury opens the door.
I would rather some youngster that hasn't failed to impress than most of these guys. Plus Tampa has like 50 QBs, one could probably be traded for.ALOT of people think Dorsey is a future coach. We discussed this maybe 6-7 months ago and IIRC Bill Walsh(RIP) even thought so. He sorta needs to get his playing career over to start the next phase.Garcia is best of group. Leftwich praise is too much. Call me crazy but with a good coach, I'd bet Ramsey could be a good relief pitcher. ETA I didn't see Harrington. After a couple games in Miami I'll wonder if something can still be made of him

KFFL) Matthew Barrows, of the Sacramento Bee, reports the San Francisco 49ers have some interest in free-agent WR Torry Holt (Rams), but they are very skeptical about his right knee.(Rotoworld) The 49ers are reportedly "very wary" of Torry Holt's history of knee injuries. Analysis: They should be. Holt, 33 this spring, may still have gas left in the tank, but he's going to be a risky signing. His production has fallen way off the past couple of seasons, and he was noticeably struggling to gain separation from defenders last year.
Andy doing their news too?production has fallen way off past couple of seasons?2007* 31 STL WR 16 16 93 1189 12.8 7 40 5.8 74.3 He had 93 for 1188 in 2006

Do you guys want me to embed tables for other positions or would you rather separate threads to discuss each position?
I'd think embed them here. I'm not sure there will be enough discussion on any single position to warrant its own thread.

There is a special place in the NFL for QB backups with starter experience. Garcia and Leftwich are better backup material than several NFL teams have. Actually, I would be happy to see either sign with the Panthers.

I can't believe there hasn't been more news on Jason Taylor. I know he is 34 but he can still play at a high level. I thought he would be snapped up already especially in light of how much cap room most teams have.

Leftwich & Matt Jones had some nice chemistry together a couple years back. If I were a team lacking a QB & WR2/3, I'd go after both.
Like Jacksonville. :lmao: Leftwich back to the Steelers and Matt Jones gets a second chance for a team like the Vikings (they pursued other WR without luck) or Lions (former Jags GM Shack Harris is there).
Depending on how the draft goes, I can see Dunn in Seattle. He has a history with Mora and had a decent year last year. Can't find the link but I remember reading something recently that he was 'starting to workout and that should explain things' or words to that effect. One drawback is that Seattle is on the opposite side of the country to where a lot of his charitable work is done.
Interesting connection I hadn't thought of. Julius Jones isn't an every down back and TJ Duckett isn't a pass catcher, so it makes some sense. However, none of them play special teams and at a certain point that must be a consideration. I think the Colts, Jaguars, and Eagles makes the most sense and would be nice fits for Dunn.
Donnybrook said:
I can't believe there hasn't been more news on Jason Taylor. I know he is 34 but he can still play at a high level. I thought he would be snapped up already especially in light of how much cap room most teams have.
Right now we know he wants no part of any offseason program and seems unlikely to sign for a while. Does Jason Taylor still want to play? Assuming he does, as soon as the draft is over he'll find a team.

I'd add two defensive players to this list as well...

- Chris McAlister

- Dre’ Bly

There is such a premium on cornerbacks I'm surprised these two haven't found a home yet.

someone slap me. When did Leftwich get good all of a sudden? Tubby was a disaster in Atlanta, is brittle, not bright, and is best suited as a mid season pick up or training camp arm.

Forgive me for :shrug: , but how is Holt "obviously" fighting a knee issue? Anything new on this since 2007?
I guess he didn't have to wait until after the draft for the market to get better after all. Sure was lucky to pass that physical and land a 3 yr/$20 million deal with that bum knee. :rolleyes:

gianmarco said:
Forgive me for :porked: , but how is Holt "obviously" fighting a knee issue? Anything new on this since 2007?
I guess he didn't have to wait until after the draft for the market to get better after all. Sure was lucky to pass that physical and land a 3 yr/$20 million deal with that bum knee. :shrug:
Give it a rest. You and I both know this is last minute and the Jags are rolling the dice. It took this long for a reason. Any team can decide to overlook injuries in order to bring somebody into the fold. Don't be so naive. We'll find out soon enough how Holt holds up and how much of this contract is actually guaranteed. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

gianmarco said:
Forgive me for :goodposting: , but how is Holt "obviously" fighting a knee issue? Anything new on this since 2007?
I guess he didn't have to wait until after the draft for the market to get better after all. Sure was lucky to pass that physical and land a 3 yr/$20 million deal with that bum knee. :popcorn:
Give it a rest. You and I both know this is last minute and the Jags are rolling the dice. It took this long for a reason. Any team can decide to overlook injuries in order to bring somebody into the fold. Don't be so naive. We'll find out soon enough how Holt holds up and how much of this contract is actually guaranteed. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Right, because teams regularly sign significantly injured players near the end of their careers. Especially playoff-caliber teams. Oh, and particularly the Jags who make terrible personnel decisions on a regular basis. What was I thinking? Must be me being naive. :shrug:

Forgive me for :goodposting: , but how is Holt "obviously" fighting a knee issue? Anything new on this since 2007?
Just a sidenote:We're heading into week 8 and Torry Holt hasn't missed a game nor has he been listed on any injury reports. No practices missed. No reports of swollen knee. No reports of lack of separation. No reports that he's wearing down as a result of his knee as the season goes. This is now into the 3rd year since it was initially reported but there's simply nothing else about his knee.

He's currently WR31 in my 1 ppr league and on pace for 72/1100.

His main problem this year is lack of TDs. Even 2 TDs and he's scoring more than D. Bowe and in the WR2 range.

haterade said:
I am surprised and appalled that Matt Jones hasn't been signed...
he's about to become a free agent in my dynasty league as wellI can't believe nobody has taken a chance on him. Maybe he's gonna have to go the Antonio Bryant route...

Users who are viewing this thread