What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The ghost of BaseballTangent presents... (1 Viewer)

Updated Dropbox direct link: app link

Just some general points:

[*]This is an old version of the spreadsheet with only projections updated. There may be bugs. Probably nothing major. It seems to be working.

[*]You will need to enable macros for this to function. If you're worried about viruses, don't be. We're not that bright.

[*]I make no warranties about accuracy of the data; for example, the positions (esp. SP/RP) might not be correct since I changed them by hand (from memory).

[*]You can edit anything you want to in the data/projections yourself by changing the cell entries via the PITCHERS and HITTERS tabs. Once you're done, re-run it from the front page.

[*]I'm not going to support this in any way. I may make slight tweaks, but please don't ask me to make wholesale changes.

[*]Whatever cash you win as a result of using this app requires that you tithe 10% to BBT Enterprises, LLC and its subsidiaries.*

[*]Profit.

* This statement is for shtick purposes only. The app is free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it Pickles, this is a quality app here. Things should have happened differently.

Damn it Pickles, this is a quality app here. Things should have happened differently.
There is a in-draft companion Excel app that goes with this one. I've never released it because it's not super user-friendly, but the idea is that you can track all teams during the draft and gauge how you're doing. The way I set it up, you have type in the players' names to draft them. This requires proper spelling or it dies. I didn't work with it to improve it beyond that, but it works great. I also needed to make custom versions depending on how big the league is. I've used it myself for a while now (premiered it at the NFBC the one year we went).

thanks for the app. i may be doing something wrong, but in generating a cheatsheet for NL-only, i am also getting the LA Angels players.

thanks for the app. i may be doing something wrong, but in generating a cheatsheet for NL-only, i am also getting the LA Angels players.
Yeah, that's one of the flaws. I used a vblookup to translate league info based on a table. If the label is wrong, it might get the league wrong. I can probably fix it.

Try downloading it again. The problem was in the vblookup which only used an approximate match, so it took LAA to be the same as LA and made all Angels in the NL.If this sharing site gives anyone issues, let me know.. and maybe suggest a better host.

Try downloading it again. The problem was in the vblookup which only used an approximate match, so it took LAA to be the same as LA and made all Angels in the NL.If this sharing site gives anyone issues, let me know.. and maybe suggest a better host.
thanks again.i changed all the "LA" players (the Dodgers) to "LAD", and that did the trick, too. Had to update the lookup tables out in columns AJ, as well.

thanks again.i changed all the "LA" players (the Dodgers) to "LAD", and that did the trick, too. Had to update the lookup tables out in columns AJ, as well.
I also fixed the free agents. They are listed as FAN and FAA. The table handles those now. If a player finds a team, can you change their team code and update the projections as necessary.Any projections will work as along as you format it correctly. That was the hard part.

That previous hosting site was terrible. I changed it to link to my Dropbox account. This should be much smoother.

I think I remember having the same question with your original app....but for those of us playing 5x5 h2h and not roto, how do I tell how much better OF01 is then OF 10? I guess I'm looking for a VBD type #.

IIRC, you disagree with this approach?

I think I remember having the same question with your original app....but for those of us playing 5x5 h2h and not roto, how do I tell how much better OF01 is then OF 10? I guess I'm looking for a VBD type #.IIRC, you disagree with this approach?
There is a BBT raw score associated with the ranking which tells you how much it values that player in a vacuum. There is no attempt at VBD, however. If you are playing head to head that's another wrinkle that lessens the importance of discriminating by position.It's not that I don't think position scarcity and baselines aren't important, it's just much more difficult to handle with so many positions in baseball. You can essentially get at it by looking at the overall ranking and visualizing tiers on your own. To include it explicitly in the score would skew things too much. Actually, there is a little bit of "special sauce" thrown in for certain categories, but not for positions.

I think I remember having the same question with your original app....but for those of us playing 5x5 h2h and not roto, how do I tell how much better OF01 is then OF 10? I guess I'm looking for a VBD type #.IIRC, you disagree with this approach?
There is a BBT raw score associated with the ranking which tells you how much it values that player in a vacuum. There is no attempt at VBD, however. If you are playing head to head that's another wrinkle that lessens the importance of discriminating by position.It's not that I don't think position scarcity and baselines aren't important, it's just much more difficult to handle with so many positions in baseball. You can essentially get at it by looking at the overall ranking and visualizing tiers on your own. To include it explicitly in the score would skew things too much. Actually, there is a little bit of "special sauce" thrown in for certain categories, but not for positions.
gotcha, thx.

Updated Dropbox direct link: app link

Just some general points:

[*]This is an old version of the spreadsheet with only projections updated. There may be bugs. Probably nothing major. It seems to be working.

[*]You will need to enable macros for this to function. If you're worried about viruses, don't be. We're not that bright.

[*]I make no warranties about accuracy of the data; for example, the positions (esp. SP/RP) might not be correct since I changed them by hand (from memory).

[*]You can edit anything you want to in the data/projections yourself by changing the cell entries via the PITCHERS and HITTERS tabs. Once you're done, re-run it from the front page.

[*]I'm not going to support this in any way. I may make slight tweaks, but please don't ask me to make wholesale changes.

[*]Whatever cash you win as a result of using this app requires that you tithe 10% to BBT Enterprises, LLC and its subsidiaries.*

[*]Profit.

* This statement is for shtick purposes only. The app is free.
Oh, herrro!

<!--quoteo(post=12920367:date=Feb 15 2011, 07:33 PM:name=Mr. Pickles)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. Pickles @ Feb 15 2011, 07:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=12920367"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=12920285:date=Feb 15 2011, 06:06 PM:name=Funkley)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Funkley @ Feb 15 2011, 06:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=12920285"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gb BBT. Still have my tshirt.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Good. You're on the street team.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->I still remember crossing over to the Baseball Tanget site after your NFBC draft a couple of years back. You had the most traffic in one night ever. What happened to the site? I think I still have a post I made in my NFBC message board private message page. Do you play in the high stakes baseball games?
What happened? How much time do you have?

'Mr. Pickles said:
<!--quoteo(post=12920367:date=Feb 15 2011, 07:33 PM:name=Mr. Pickles)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. Pickles @ Feb 15 2011, 07:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=12920367"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=12920285:date=Feb 15 2011, 06:06 PM:name=Funkley)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Funkley @ Feb 15 2011, 06:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=12920285"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gb BBT. Still have my tshirt.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Good. You're on the street team.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->I still remember crossing over to the Baseball Tanget site after your NFBC draft a couple of years back. You had the most traffic in one night ever. What happened to the site? I think I still have a post I made in my NFBC message board private message page. Do you play in the high stakes baseball games?
All baseball season....your girl in your picture, looks like she enjoyed you pickle...

'Mr. Pickles said:
All baseball season....your girl in your picture, looks like she enjoyed you pickle...
It's a long and sordid tale.

Thanks for this! I ran a cheatsheet and it doesnt merge my hitters and pitchers. It may be because I dont see where I can put in the amount of starters for each position. Am I missing something here or is that not part of the app?

Thanks for this! I ran a cheatsheet and it doesnt merge my hitters and pitchers. It may be because I dont see where I can put in the amount of starters for each position. Am I missing something here or is that not part of the app?
Can you explain what you mean here?
Sorry. I guess I meant on the ranking page. I was hoping it would intertwine the hitters and pitchers. For example it might list 7 hitters, then the top pitcher, a few more hitters, couple pitchers, etc. Instead, it ranks the hitters 1-500 or whatever, then does the same with the pitchers...it is essentially ranking all the pitchers below all the hitters.

Can you explain what you mean here?
Sorry. I guess I meant on the ranking page. I was hoping it would intertwine the hitters and pitchers. For example it might list 7 hitters, then the top pitcher, a few more hitters, couple pitchers, etc. Instead, it ranks the hitters 1-500 or whatever, then does the same with the pitchers...it is essentially ranking all the pitchers below all the hitters.
It should have a mix of players with their relative score/dollar value. I'm not sure why it's not doing that or how you got it to do that. If you download the copy provided and run nothing, it will have it formatted in this way. The only thing you really need to change is your league size and the number of hitters and pitchers on your roster.

Not sure what's wrong...but when I try to use the create cheatsheet button, I get the following:

'bbtdraftapp11.xlsm.xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name and verify the file location is correct.

I tried to save the file as bbtdraftapp11.xlsm.xls and that doesn't help. Macros enabled. Even straight off the download that button will not work...or if I simply check OPS after the download. I've downloaded multiple times.

Any ideas?

'Bobcat10 said:
Not sure what's wrong...but when I try to use the create cheatsheet button, I get the following:'bbtdraftapp11.xlsm.xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name and verify the file location is correct.I tried to save the file as bbtdraftapp11.xlsm.xls and that doesn't help. Macros enabled. Even straight off the download that button will not work...or if I simply check OPS after the download. I've downloaded multiple times.Any ideas?
Not really. Works fine for me. The name that you're quoting above isn't right, though. Why does it have two extensions? It should be .xlsm only.

Users who are viewing this thread