What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret (1 Viewer)

I thought this was very good and will continue to watch. Will Arnett is much better in this than in Running Wilde which is horrible.

This show finally hit stride this week after a slow start. Arnett and Cross together for the full episode was hilarious. One of the funniest episodes of any show I've seen in a while. Since the pilot, this show has been kind of spinning it's wheels. Don't like the "Dave" character and things seemed to moved slow. There still has been 1-2 solid laugh out loud moments each episode from "black pudding" to Todd's reaction to the Epi-pen, but this episode was just great. Too bad the finale is next week already.

The finale didn't really wrap it up, but it made me laugh. Some great cringe inducing non-pc humor. The tour of Parliament for the deaf had me crying. Hoping for a season 2.

Got baked and watched the opener 2x. Todd's speech to Alice in the cafe was over the top great. As with season 1, Cross nails the awkward situational comedy that is so ridiculous and painful that you'll either turn the show off or laugh. The story line is really dumb, but there are some damn funny parts in this show. The innuendo rant with Dave killed me too.

Good to see some Will Arnett screen time. Too funny to see the Will character amp up on the self help CDs and go off on people. Weird to see Don Draper as Mike's butler. Don Draper shouldn't have to untuck another man's shirt.

Between this and The Life & Times of Tim (which I realized is kind of like a cartoon version of this show), I'm looking forward to Friday night TV this winter.

Great season.

Will Arnett in British court was good. Not sure where they can go from here after that episode. Hoping they somehow have a 3rd season in them.

I don't mean to be a killjoy but...

This show is terrible...unwatchable. After the first episode, there's no chance i'm going to continue. All they did is take David Cross and put him in predictable, unrealistic situations, hurt him in various ways and and have the characters yell/curse a lot. Not the slightest bit of clever in this show. It's just braindead slapstick. I don't care about any of the characters, as they have no charisma and aren't the slightest bit realistic.

total :tfp:

'ericttspikes said:
Great season. Will Arnett in British court was good. Not sure where they can go from here after that episode. Hoping they somehow have a 3rd season in them.
I thought I read somewhere that David Cross only wanted to do the show two seasons and that it isn't coming back. I liked the first season a lot more but every episode had some funny scenes, or good one liners. Cross and Arnett together are :moneybag: It would be nice if it came back but I think the show is done.

Great season. Will Arnett in British court was good. Not sure where they can go from here after that episode. Hoping they somehow have a 3rd season in them.
I thought I read somewhere that David Cross only wanted to do the show two seasons and that it isn't coming back. I liked the first season a lot more but every episode had some funny scenes, or good one liners. Cross and Arnett together are :moneybag: It would be nice if it came back but I think the show is done.
Unfortunately it's done, but it's a brilliant 12 episodes of television.

Just jumped into this flipping through the channels tonight. Never knew about this show, liking it so far.

In for anything Cross and Arnette, really.

Got baked and watched the opener 2x. Todd's speech to Alice in the cafe was over the top great. As with season 1, Cross nails the awkward situational comedy that is so ridiculous and painful that you'll either turn the show off or laugh. The story line is really dumb, but there are some damn funny parts in this show. The innuendo rant with Dave killed me too.

Good to see some Will Arnett screen time. Too funny to see the Will character amp up on the self help CDs and go off on people. Weird to see Don Draper as Mike's butler. Don Draper shouldn't have to untuck another man's shirt.

Between this and The Life & Times of Tim (which I realized is kind of like a cartoon version of this show), I'm looking forward to Friday night TV this winter.
Or both. I watched the first three episodes, laughed my ### off with slight shock and glee, and then found it so painful I could no longer watch it.

Interesting concept. I didn't love the first couple of episodes, but glad they are giving it a go. The world needs more Todd Margaret! I think I need to rewatch the first couple of seasons to really get it. I like the remix of lines and bits from the first 2 seasons into this new reality. "Madam, your jam" recontextualized was great. The epi pen/cat bit was funny. I'm sure there were many more. As with the first season, a few laugh out loud moments. Assertive boss Todd had some great lines. Not sure I like Arnett in a the role reversal of employee turned cultist. He's so good as the aggressor. Need to see more of him. I'm in.

This season is definitely high concept, Much drier humor, it is somewhat of an exercise to harken back to the prior season to see what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread