What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The NFL is killing the game with over-regulation (1 Viewer)

shader

Footballguy
Too many rules, too many penalties, too much focus on what the player's are "doing wrong".  

Celebration penalties are the last straw. Let these guys have fun.  I saw Dean Blandino say "if we allow things, they will take it to further and further levels."  

Who cares!  That's the whole point!  Remember TO and the Sharpie?  Was it staged and theatrical?  Yeah.  Some celebrations will be stupid.  Some will be awesome.

But they will be fun.  And please, bring back team celebrations.  Let these guys who put their bodies and future lives on the line have fun a little bit before their 4-5 year career ends and they struggle to make a living for the rest of their life.

It's ridiculous, and it's one of many reasons why the NFL viewership is falling.

I felt the same way over twenty years ago..  Its a cash cow thats still producing, and making attempts at growing too.  We wont know the limits on "too may cooks too spoil the broth" until its reached.  On the bright side!  We did see such things as calls to the Prez stating "were killing the patriots"..  Proud American days if ya ask me!  Now its more like "Who can we F.. next"

Celebration penalties are the last straw. Let these guys have fun.  I saw Dean Blandino say "if we allow things, they will take it to further and further levels."  
And he's right. Lets face it, this is a "diva WR" thing... always has been, always will be. And these "I love's me some me" guys do not care about the 15yds it costs their team. They are way too important to think about things like that. Dancing With the Stars and making love to kicking nets are where their heads are at.

The part of the game I hate (now) is this shift to video game technology. The super-imposed lines on the field, rotating views of the same play, the CIA quality camera that can show us that the ball does in fact move every time, all the time, so catches are more difficult than ever to decipher.

Users who are viewing this thread