What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The NFL Season kicks off in JUST 14 weeks! (1 Viewer)

On The Rocks

Evil Conservative
I know this is a topic of threads leading up to the "FF Draft Season" but I would like to gather some info in order to pursuade our league to change our draft date.

We have our draft on Sept. 7th. The day following the Thursday kickoff.

We have some "ok" odd rules to get around players drafted that played on Thurs. but I would prefer (for obivious reasons) to draft before the season starts.

August 4

A little early maybe but one of our owners lives out of the country and will be visiting that weekend.

I do mostly snail drafts, so obviously I generally need to start drafting earlier. We started an initial dynasty draft already (draft began in mid-May, we're through the first 10 rounds). I've also got two other snail drafts that are going to be taking place starting right around the time TCs roll around, at the end of July or beginning of August.

We wait until the last possible day before the start of the season: Wednesday, 9/5. Keeper deadline is 1 week prior.

Let's face it, the Thursday Kickoff really screwed up the great "Saturday before Opening Day" FF Draft and Party. It isn't the same doing it the week before.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite time to do redrafts is after the 2nd preseason game, but before Labor Day. At this point, most (not all) injuries and position battles have occured or been won. the last pre-season game has become useless except for back of the roster players. also, for me, I have too much information.

Let's face it, the Thursday Kickoff really screwed up the great "Saturday before Opening Day" FF Draft and Party. It isn't the same doing it the week before.
This is sort of what we ran into. Most of us take a half day off on Friday. Golf in the afternoon and draft at a local pub that provides the best wings in town.So....instead of letting the NFL screw us out of that simple pleasure we have kept the draft on the last Friday before the major portion of league play begins.

We always do ours the day before the season starts, so Wednesday the 5th. Gets the 5 day weekend off to a great start.

Main league drafts Fiday Night August 31st this year. It's usually the Friday or Saturday before the Thursday opener,last year was a Saturday morning so in defference to those who work different schedules,this year is a Friday Night

I know this is a topic of threads leading up to the "FF Draft Season" but I would like to gather some info in order to pursuade our league to change our draft date.

We have our draft on Sept. 7th. The day following the Thursday kickoff.

We have some "ok" odd rules to get around players drafted that played on Thurs. but I would prefer (for obivious reasons) to draft before the season starts.
Seems like a logical time to draft. :yes:

Always the Saturday the week before Labor Day weekend. Everyone is gone Labor Day with family things.

So August 25th this year. My other league that has about half my guys in it drafts the following day on Sunday.

This day works for us because usually 3 preseason games have already taken place, training camp is over and allows everyone to do the family thing Labor Day.

Users who are viewing this thread