What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Mikel Leshoure Thread (1 Viewer)

Leshoure has handled himself admirably throughout this. I would love to see him get a shot with another team, but that seems unlikely this season, and perhaps even next season.

Leshoure for Little wouldn't surprise me. The Lions say they aren't interested in trading Leshoure but it's obvious they have no interest in keeping him and a team as desperate at WR as the Lions could use Little.

I actually thought Leshoure looked pretty good last year. Admittedly Bell looked better, but it's not like Leshoure has nothing to offer a team.

I actually thought Leshoure looked pretty good last year. Admittedly Bell looked better, but it's not like Leshoure has nothing to offer a team.
His cheap contract alone is worth something to somebody. Hard to say who at this point, but the Browns don't have much at RB and even if he sucks the Browns are trying to lose anyway.

It makes NO sense to me why the Lions wouldn't trade LeShoure for literally anything they could get, and then bring in Kevin Smith at the vet min.

He just looked so bad last year... He is the epitome of running into the line and being tackled.
How do you explain the 9 rushing tds?

I just don't know how much conclusion to draw from a rookie year after a major injury with a below average run blocking line.

As indicated by the small sample size of course, but whoever has started for the Lions the last 2 years has failed to run for a ypc of more than 4.

He just looked so bad last year... He is the epitome of running into the line and being tackled.
How do you explain the 9 rushing tds?I just don't know how much conclusion to draw from a rookie year after a major injury with a below average run blocking line.

As indicated by the small sample size of course, but whoever has started for the Lions the last 2 years has failed to run for a ypc of more than 4.
His longest run of the season was 16 yards. He averaged a little over 3.6 a carry. Not a single TD run was for over 10 yards. In comparison the other RB on the team last year averaged 5 a carry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mikel Leshoure frustrated by role, Lions' trade stance

By Chris Wesseling

Around the League Writer

Mikel Leshoure is stuck in the NFL's version of purgatory. The Detroit Lions won't play him. They won't trade him, either.

The 2011 second-round draft pick understandably is "frustrated" after failing to get off the bench last week when Reggie Bush missed the Lions' 27-20 victory with a knee injury.

Leshoure denied a recent report that he would welcome a trade, but he made it clear Wednesday that he "just want(s) to play."

The Indianapolis Colts checked in on Leshoure's availability before striking a blockbuster trade with the Cleveland Browns for Trent Richardson last week. According to the Detroit Free Press, several other teams inquired about the Lions' backup running back during training camp.

Even if Leshoure could net a draft pick, general manager Martin Mayhew has no intention of paring his backfield depth. Leshoure has been told that he's essentially stuck in a fire extinguisher role, lying dormant until an emergency strikes in the form of a serious injury to Bush or Joique Bell.

"Last time I talked to him, he pretty much said that he wants me here, he doesn't have any intentions on trading me, and it's a long season, and he just wants me to be here, just in case," Leshoure said of Mayhew. "You never know what happens. Like I said, it's a long season, backs get banged up, somebody can go down and I guess (I'm) more so a security blanket."

Reading between the lines, there's no question that Leshoure is indeed open to a trade. He just doesn't want to develop a reputation as a malcontent by acknowledging it in public.

"I'm not going to sit here and be in their office every day," Leshoure added, via ESPN. "That's not the type of player I am."

If Leshoure isn't the type to make waves, his patience is going to be tested until Mayhew changes his stance -- perhaps by next offseason.

The "Around The League Podcast" broke down every Week 3 game. Click here to listen and subscribe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leshoure for Little wouldn't surprise me. The Lions say they aren't interested in trading Leshoure but it's obvious they have no interest in keeping him and a team as desperate at WR as the Lions could use Little.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions trade a 6th round pick for Josh Gordon. They could use some help at WR.

Poor guy, would have liked to see how he would have faired without that injury in his Rookie Season. He's got some quicks for a big guy but definitely lost a little speed.

You'd think he'd make a decent member of a committee, though. But how bad can you really feel? The guy is making bank to do essentially nothing.

How do you explain the 9 rushing tds?I just don't know how much conclusion to draw from a rookie year after a major injury with a below average run blocking line.

His longest run of the season was 16 yards. He averaged a little over 3.6 a carry. Not a single TD run was for over 10 yards.In comparison the other RB on the team last year averaged 5 a carry.
Bell has surprised me as to who he is. But his YPC in a COP role is about as relevant as what Chris Ivory did with the Saints.

In a feature role I have no idea how Bell would do over the course of a season.

The Lions run blocking is below average, and Bell with his start against the Redskins last week was below average. The Redskins had been gashed already this year by runners and Bell put up a pedestrian 20 carry game for 63 yards for an average of 3.15 ypc. Now Bell was able to catch 6 balls for 69 yards and at this stage offers more to Detroit than Leshoure.

However, I am trying to gauge who or what Leshoure can do going forward from a dynasty league perspective. He has youth on his side and at some stage could probably get another opportunity to show something some where.

Can't believe the Giants would bring back Jacobs but not at least inquire about Leshoure. Of course I'm assuming they didn't reach out so there's a possibility they did make the call. At the end of the day I would've thought they could've signed someone more talented than Big Jake. Michael Turner?

His longest run of the season was 16 yards. He averaged a little over 3.6 a carry. Not a single TD run was for over 10 yards.In comparison the other RB on the team last year averaged 5 a carry.
Bell has surprised me as to who he is. But his YPC in a COP role is about as relevant as what Chris Ivory did with the Saints.In a feature role I have no idea how Bell would do over the course of a season.

The Lions run blocking is below average, and Bell with his start against the Redskins last week was below average. The Redskins had been gashed already this year by runners and Bell put up a pedestrian 20 carry game for 63 yards for an average of 3.15 ypc. Now Bell was able to catch 6 balls for 69 yards and at this stage offers more to Detroit than Leshoure.

However, I am trying to gauge who or what Leshoure can do going forward from a dynasty league perspective. He has youth on his side and at some stage could probably get another opportunity to show something some where.
I hear you.... I owned Mega last year and watched a lot of their games... He just didn't look impressive at all - He isn't 3 on the depth chart for no reason.

I am starting to think that Leshoure was not as bad last year the more I look into the numbers and what is happening with the Lions to date.

Leshoure coming off an Achilles tear did look pedestrian at times last year no doubt, but it is still too early to write him off.

Leshoure did average 3.9 ypc last year (not great) however he did have 9 rushing td's in only 14 games and the Lions O line in the run game is bad.

This year the Lions RB's have not exactly been world beaters while rushing the ball. Bell this year has a 3.5 ypc and has managed only 3 td's in 7 games. Bush who is averaging 4.3 ypc has played in six games and in 3 of those he failed to average more then 3.3 ypc and has only 1 rushing TD.

The Lions rushing game is just not very good. Now Bush and Bell catching the ball out of the back field have been very good, but I think many have just thrown the towel in on Leshoure all the while he may not have been as bad as many on here are claiming.

I remember thinking many were too harsh on Moreno for many of the same things people say about Leshoure.

Leshoure like Moreno though has a skill set of contributing as starter in the NFL in the right situation.

Clearly he's nothing more than an emergency last resort in Detroit but what are the chances he gets traded by the deadline?

Rotoworld:

Mikel Leshoure said he wants to be "somewhere they’re going to feed me the rock and I can go eat, man."
Leshoure has found himself on the weekly inactive list for much of the 2013 season and doesn't fit OC Scott Linehan's offensive style. Leshoure strongly suggested that he doesn't want to return to Detroit if the current coaching staff is back in 2014. We don't see Jim Schwartz and company surviving, but who knows. Leshoure, the 57th pick in 2011, has one year remaining on his rookie deal.

Source: Detroit Free Press

I want to pull the trigger and drop Gore in Dynasty but I just can't see this guy starring anywhere. He doesn't have the speed to dominate.

This thread is pure comedy.

Leshoure for a 5th round pick.

Gordon to the Lions for a 6th rounder

Leshoure for Nicks

Seriously though, this guy could have some value as a Jerome Bettis type at the end of his career, but that is his ceiling and even that is pushing it.

Rotoworld:

Lions GM Martin Mayhew said at the Combine Friday that Mikel Leshoure will have a clean slate coming into 2014.

A 2011 second-round pick, Leshoure was active for three games last season, playing behind Theo Riddick as the No. 4 back. The Lions are moving to a new offense under coach Jim Caldwell and are expected to put more of an emphasis on the running game, which could lead to roles for more than just Reggie Bush and Joique Bell. "If you go back and look at what the Saints did, they used multiple backs in a lot of different ways," Mayhew said. "I’m encouraged about that for Mikel. It could bode well for him in terms of getting more playing time."

Source: Detroit News

Rotoworld:

Lions GM Martin Mayhew said at the Combine Friday that Mikel Leshoure will have a clean slate coming into 2014.

A 2011 second-round pick, Leshoure was active for three games last season, playing behind Theo Riddick as the No. 4 back. The Lions are moving to a new offense under coach Jim Caldwell and are expected to put more of an emphasis on the running game, which could lead to roles for more than just Reggie Bush and Joique Bell. "If you go back and look at what the Saints did, they used multiple backs in a lot of different ways," Mayhew said. "I’m encouraged about that for Mikel. It could bode well for him in terms of getting more playing time."

Source: Detroit News
So 3 carries? :lol:

Barring an injury, he won't amount to much in 2014. At least it's his last year in Detroit.

Rotoworld:

Lions GM Martin Mayhew has "zero interest" in trading Mikel Leshoure.
Mayhew says he's had "no trade talks of any kind," and expects Leshoure to be a Lion in 2014. The Lions are supposedly committing to the running game, but at best, Leshoure will be a distant third on the depth chart behind Reggie Bush and Joique Bell. Leshoure shouldn't take his spot on the 53-man roster for granted.

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Mikel Leshoure - RB - Lions

Lions RB Mikel Leshoure expects to be more involved in the Lions' offense this season.

That is not a high hurdle to jump considering Leshoure only saw two carries last season, but it is notable because new Lions OC Joe Lombardi comes from a Saints team that routinely utilized three running backs. If he can beat out second-year back Theo Riddick, Leshoure could see 75 to 100 carries in a Chris Ivory-like role. Even with an increased role, Leshoure would need an injury to Joique Bell or Reggie Bush to have fantasy value.

Source: MLive.com

Jun 7 - 12:56 PM

Rotoworld:

Mike Leshoure reported to training camp at 242 pounds.

Leshoure played at 227 two seasons ago when he led the Lions in rushing, and was at 233 last year. He's always been a big back, but 242 is awfully heavy. Considering Leshoure was never overly explosive to begin with, the weight gain isn't a positive in our eyes. The Lions don't seem concerned. Coach Jim Caldwell believes Leshoure is in "very good shape." Leshoure's ticketed for No. 4 duties.

Jul 29 - 12:01 PM

Rotoworld:

Mikel Leshoure has received a "surprising number of first-team reps" in camp.

Leshoure is listed as the No. 3 running back on Detroit's unofficial depth chart, ahead of Theo Riddick. After serving as a weekly inactive last year, he's competing for a short-yardage role in OC Joe Lombardi's multiple-back scheme. Lombardi has "prepped Leshoure as though he'll be part of the fold this year." The Lions will likely use the preseason to showcase Leshoure for a potential trade. Leshoure is set to make $645,000 in the final year of his rookie deal.

Aug 8 - 5:19 PM

Rotoworld:

Mikel Leshoure - RB - Free Agent

Free agent RB Mikel Leshoure will visit the Colts.

It's Leshoure's first-known visit since he was waived by the Lions on Saturday. Indy is among the league's most running-back needy teams, so it makes sense. Leshoure would theoretically slot in as the No. 3 back behind Trent Richardson and Ahmad Bradshaw if signed, but wouldn't be guaranteed to pass Dan Herron.

Related: Colts

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter

Sep 4 - 2:58 PM

Users who are viewing this thread