What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Painted Bird (1 Viewer)

I read the novel a long time ago.  It kind of blends together in my memories with other allegorical accounts of WWII and the holocaust.

Jerzy Kosinski was a literary weirdo that was able to achieve celebrity status back in the days when having a best selling book used to mean something.

I read the novel a long time ago.  It kind of blends together in my memories with other allegorical accounts of WWII and the holocaust.

Jerzy Kosinski was a literary weirdo that was able to achieve celebrity status back in the days when having a best selling book used to mean something.
I think the first non-sports point i ever made on the internet was that, if i had my choice to turn any book into a movie, it would be The Painted Bird. That said, i'm almost horrified that it's in B&W. My vision of it is not only a cartoonish palette of Moulin Rouge colors, but actual Linklater-style animated highlighting so, wOw, quelle domage...

I also feel an extra connection to the material because i punched the author @ Elaine's once (my #3 celeb story behind seeing Jimmy Carter's penis and Rosanna Arquette passing out in my lap).

I think the first non-sports point i ever made on the internet was that, if i had my choice to turn any book into a movie, it would be The Painted Bird. That said, i'm almost horrified that it's in B&W. My vision of it is not only a cartoonish palette of Moulin Rouge colors, but actual Linklater-style animated highlighting so, wOw, quelle domage...

I also feel an extra connection to the material because i punched the author @ Elaine's once (my #3 celeb story behind seeing Jimmy Carter's penis and Rosanna Arquette passing out in my lap).
I'm assuming the bolded is documented on this site someplace. If you would please to point me in the right direction to delve deeper into what I can only think will be top 5 of the things I've read on this site, TIA :thumbup:

I'm assuming the bolded is documented on this site someplace. If you would please to point me in the right direction to delve deeper into what I can only think will be top 5 of the things I've read on this site, TIA :thumbup:
here

ETA: searching 'Kosinski" woulda did it

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread