What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Pedro Alvarez Era is upon us (1 Viewer)

Finless

Footballguy
Been trying to snatch him from Eeph for nearly a year. Own him in another Dynasty league.

4 HRs and 8 RBIs in his last 2 days. I'm a believer. The kid can rake.

I've had him active all week. Kinda felt this explosion on the horizon.

Been trying to snatch him from Eeph for nearly a year. Own him in another Dynasty league. 4 HRs and 8 RBIs in his last 2 days. I'm a believer. The kid can rake.I've had him active all week. Kinda felt this explosion on the horizon.
I didn't see Wednesday night's homers yet, but his two Tuesday night were hardly bombs. I don't know. I like the kid, I'm a Pirates fan and I hope he does well. And I was glad to see him come through in the clutch with the slam Tuesday. The good news is, he looks like a MLB player. I think there's a real shot he finishes the year leading the team in HRs and I think he can hit 35-plus in a full year. He also looks like he has made the adjustments necessary - now will he readjust when pitchers adjust to his adjustments? My first thought when seeing him was Mark Reynolds - errors, strikeouts and home runs with a low average. I think he will hit .250 plus now. And that's better than Reynolds.

Love Alvarez (own a Pedro Hillcats Jersey :confused: ), but I'm curious to see how he'll do in the BA department. On the one hand, he actually struck out at a higher clip than Reynolds in the minors. He did, however, have a much better walk rate than both Reynolds and Longoria (BB every 7.96 PAs, Reynolds and Longo both over 9).

He started slow and got better at every level and he certainly appears to be doing that at the MLB level as well. He's also never had more than a half season at any one level, so as eagles said, it's hard to tell what he'll do after making adjustments. He's striking out a lot less over his last 10 games or so. He's got the potential to be every bit as good of a power hitter as Longoria.

I'd guess he'll be a .270-.275 hitter with 35-40 HR power, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the .260 range.

Love Alvarez (own a Pedro Hillcats Jersey :unsure: ), but I'm curious to see how he'll do in the BA department. On the one hand, he actually struck out at a higher clip than Reynolds in the minors. He did, however, have a much better walk rate than both Reynolds and Longoria (BB every 7.96 PAs, Reynolds and Longo both over 9). He started slow and got better at every level and he certainly appears to be doing that at the MLB level as well. He's also never had more than a half season at any one level, so as eagles said, it's hard to tell what he'll do after making adjustments. He's striking out a lot less over his last 10 games or so. He's got the potential to be every bit as good of a power hitter as Longoria.I'd guess he'll be a .270-.275 hitter with 35-40 HR power, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the .260 range.
I'd take either side of that. I just don't want him to be the .220 hitter Mark Reynolds is.

shadyridr said:
Oh Yes! said:
Offered him up in my keeper league for a SP and got offered Kris Medlen :goodposting:
medlen is good
not saying he isnt but no way is he worth alvarez
trade offers have to start somewhere. i'd want more than medlen for alvarez (own both) but i don't think i'd get much more. salaries are important in a keeper league, though. if its a $1 medlen for a $15 alvarez, then it's lot closer to very fair.

Users who are viewing this thread