What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Perfect Draft by David & Jeff 8/30/10 (1 Viewer)

cardsharky

Footballguy
The Perfect Draft presented today says to hold off on picking a QB until after the 50th pick. This is for a 10 team League. Only caveat was if Rogers, Brees or Manning are available in 3rd round definitely take one.

The above analysis is based on 4 points for a passing TD. In my league we give 6 points for a passing. Likewise we are -2 for turnovers.

My question is since my league makes the QB even more important as a scoring machine what stategy should I follow in taking my first QB if i want the Perfect Draft?

My draft is on 9/07/10.

Note team below is from last year.

My league also has 6pts for all touchdowns as well. I'd also like to know how you create the list in the Draft Dominator David is talking about by combining "value" and "average draft position?"

The Perfect Draft presented today says to hold off on picking a QB until after the 50th pick. This is for a 10 team League. Only caveat was if Rogers, Brees or Manning are available in 3rd round definitely take one.

The above analysis is based on 4 points for a passing TD. In my league we give 6 points for a passing. Likewise we are -2 for turnovers.

My question is since my league makes the QB even more important as a scoring machine what stategy should I follow in taking my first QB if i want the Perfect Draft?

My draft is on 9/07/10.

Note team below is from last year.
What's the difference between Player A throwing 34 touchdowns at 6pts each (204 points) and Player B throwing 25 touchdowns at 6 points each (150 points)? Answer: 54 pointsWhat's the difference between Player A throwing 34 touchdowns at 4pts each (136 points) and player B throwing 25 touchdowns at 4 points each (100 points)? Answer 36 points

For a Delta of 18 points over the course of a full season.......or 1.125 points per week. Is this really going to change the article? Is this really going to make you grab QB8+ before the 7th round of a 10 teamer?

IMO people get carried away when they start drafting QB's earlier because they get 6 points instead of 4 points......it's not like the stud QB's are the only ones that get 6 points.....they all do.

Just my :lmao:

E

The Perfect Draft presented today says to hold off on picking a QB until after the 50th pick. This is for a 10 team League. Only caveat was if Rogers, Brees or Manning are available in 3rd round definitely take one.The above analysis is based on 4 points for a passing TD. In my league we give 6 points for a passing. Likewise we are -2 for turnovers.My question is since my league makes the QB even more important as a scoring machine what stategy should I follow in taking my first QB if i want the Perfect Draft?My draft is on 9/07/10.Note team below is from last year.
Hi cardsharky,It's tough to discuss subscriber content in an open forum, but I will try.The general reasons why are given in the article, but the feeling also is that after the first 3-4 guys are off of the board the value moves to later rounds where many choices are available.Whether it be 6pt TDs with -2 INTs or otherwise, the story pretty much stays the same.Good luck.

My league also has 6pts for all touchdowns as well. I'd also like to know how you create the list in the Draft Dominator David is talking about by combining "value" and "average draft position?"
You use a Top 300 list like this:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2010/10top300.php

And manually use the numbers (Rank and ADP) based upon the formula described in the article. Just look for "Here is how I create this list." in the article and read the next 3 lines to read the instructions.

It's a simple spreadsheet calculation to figure out the 2 numbers to use and then just sort the Top 75 players based on the results.

Good luck.

Oh cool, it came out today? Well I am going to jump in my hot tub time machine and use it for my draft yesterday. Thanks for letting me know it's finally out.

The Perfect Draft presented today says to hold off on picking a QB until after the 50th pick. This is for a 10 team League. Only caveat was if Rogers, Brees or Manning are available in 3rd round definitely take one.The above analysis is based on 4 points for a passing TD. In my league we give 6 points for a passing. Likewise we are -2 for turnovers.My question is since my league makes the QB even more important as a scoring machine what stategy should I follow in taking my first QB if i want the Perfect Draft?My draft is on 9/07/10.Note team below is from last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread