What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (3 Viewers)

so the idiot, I mean the President, is ordering the FISA application declassification based on FoxNews hosts who have never read and have no idea of the contents...BRILLIANT!!  

Matthew Gertz

Transcript of The Hill's Trump interview reveals he says he called for declassifying the FISA application because he was "asked by so many people that I respect" including "the great Lou Dobbs, the great Sean Hannity, the wonderful great Jeanie Pirro." 

The Steele Dossier was stuck in the NY field office of the FBI from July 2016 until mid-September 2016, when it was finally forwarded to the main DC FBI office. The NY field office was the office that was feeding information to Giuliani during the campaign. The explanation for it sitting there for all that time is that it was given to "the wrong person" at the FBI.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-dossier-stuck-york-trigger-russia-investigation-sources/story?id=57919471
it fell behind the filing cabinet and when we moved some furniture we noticed it....

Peter Strzok is the one who received it in the FBI's DC office in September, 2016. The NY office delayed that happening several months, the office that Giuliani had friends and contacts in.

No wonder the administration is going after Strzok.

I'm wondering why you chose to rehash this stuff for the umpteenth time instead of addressing the passage from the Post book excerpt about Trump wanting to bomb the hell out of civilians.

Maybe you missed it?  Here's my post.
It makes him a war criminal.  See how easy that is?  I don't have to apologize for him or put little airquotes around it, as if there's some sort of moral highground with the polite liberal version of mass murder and destruction.  

The Steele Dossier was stuck in the NY field office of the FBI from July 2016 until mid-September 2016, when it was finally forwarded to the main DC FBI office. The NY field office was the office that was feeding information to Giuliani during the campaign. The explanation for it sitting there for all that time is that it was given to "the wrong person" at the FBI.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-dossier-stuck-york-trigger-russia-investigation-sources/story?id=57919471
Seth Abramson is going to go have a 300+ tweetstorm about this.  He has been railing against the pro-Trump NY field office for a while now.  

It makes him a war criminal.  See how easy that is?  I don't have to apologize for him or put little airquotes around it, as if there's some sort of moral highground with the polite liberal version of mass murder and destruction.  
Welcome to the resistance!

Personally I think it makes him far worse than Obama, in that he seems to be doing it intentionally or at least recklessly, whereas Obama at least tried to avoid/limit civilian casualties. A different "mens rea" to borrow a legal term. Would you agree with that, or do you think it's not relevant?

The FBI illegally filed a FISA to monitor the upstanding and totally stable Carter Page KNOWING that months later the phony dossier would be sent to the FBI.  Q has rumored that the Deep State has a time machine and this is clearly proof.

He believes what he reads or hears from conspiracy sites, which leak into Fox News more and more.

Remember how the Nunes Memo was going to blow things out of the water? And the IG report was going to blow things out of the water? Those were matters of belief, not knowledge. And neither blew things out of the water.

And now for chapter 3.

He believes what he reads or hears from conspiracy sites, which leak into Fox News more and more.

Remember how the Nunes Memo was going to blow things out of the water? And the IG report was going to blow things out of the water? Those were matters of belief, not knowledge. And neither blew things out of the water.

And now for chapter 3.
like a blind folded kid trying to hit a pinata

Cue the complaining about “sources say”

Great lunchtime read.

This passage isn't relevant to the Russia issues, but I thought our good friend @ren hoek, who seems deeply (and reasonably) troubled by drone strikes and other US actions that harm innocent civilians abroad, might enjoy it:

If Obama is a "war criminal," what does that make Trump?
Is where the Trump supporters give him credit for not suggesting using invisible drones? 

Still a piece of garbage though. 

it fell behind the filing cabinet and when we moved some furniture we noticed it.
It really does undercut Trump's complaints about the July 2016 FISA request being "illegally" based on the Steele Dossier. The main FBI office didn't even have the Dossier until September 2016.

So we have Rudy's folks (then) sabotaging Trump (now). :lol:

Reedsville and Whitelaw, but I don't think I have been to Mishicot - at least not intentionally.
“Nice” golf resort there I went to a lot in the 80s with the family. Went back again in the early 2000s for a couple spa days for the wife and golf for me.  

By nice...hotel is a laugh, some condos are ok...it’s really in the middle of nowhere but the courses are nice and it wasn’t too far from my family so we went for a few days prior to visiting family (and close enough my brother came for 18 hopes while wife was at the spa one of the days).

Not sure I'd admit that lack of ability to discern context but props to you on self-awareness. 
Assaunge has a very different twang on it than Assange. The U makes a big difference in pronunciation. Also...I had no clue people were still discussing him as if he were relevant, so he was pretty far from my mind. Thanks for the concern though.

Matthias said:
We agree that Assaunge colluded with the Russians to release the e-mails which they hacked from the DNC though, right? The ones they hacked and fed to him to be released in order to influence the election in favor of Donald Trump?

Or reason to suspect some sort of collaborative relationship as it pertained to the Wikileaks release at all?
Yes. How could anyone even guess in under an hour which Aussuange could be the topic of discussion here given the topics of leaks and Russia and emails and DNC? Why is Assage even being discussed anymore?

Yes. How could anyone even guess in under an hour which Aussuange could be the topic of discussion here given the topics of leaks and Russia and emails and DNC? Why is Assage even being discussed anymore?
A great question. I thought we were onto sentencing people at this point, so not sure why we're discussing talking points from 2 years ago.

How could anyone even guess in under an hour which Aussuange could be the topic of discussion here given the topics of leaks and Russia and emails and DNC? Why is Assage even being discussed anymore?
Because it's great in Thanksgiving stuffing.

The result, as Hall put it to me, has been a patchwork legal defense without any unifying theory of the case. “They seem to have a lot of agendas but no strategy so far has been forthcoming.”
The graver mistake, according to legal experts I spoke with, is that the Trump team underestimated the Mueller threat and failed to staff up in the face of it. “I have been surprised by the apparent small size of the legal team representing the White House and the president and other witnesses,” Garber told me. “In past investigations of the White House under other administrations, the legal teams were quite large and well-resourced and even in much less significant cases, you see legal teams with better resources. . . . This is a complicated investigation.”
If the Trump team has, in fact, failed to do a deep dive into what witnesses know and what they might spill to Mueller, it might be too late to make up lost ground.
That's what you get for hiring Rudy Giuliani to be your lawyer because he'll tell you what you want to hear.

John Weaver‏ @JWGOP

Two U.S. Senators told me in the last 7 days Jeff Sessions will be fired almost immediately after Nov 6. Both are pathetically Trump followers now, but somewhat embarrassed.

John Weaver‏ @JWGOP

Two U.S. Senators told me in the last 7 days Jeff Sessions will be fired almost immediately after Nov 6. Both are pathetically Trump followers now, but somewhat embarrassed.
Hilariously and sadly Hannity also discussing how the declassification review would be a pretext for canning Sessions. Should be nada but of course he’s practically a WH advisor.

Seth Abramson is going to go have a 300+ tweetstorm about this.  He has been railing against the pro-Trump NY field office for a while now.  
This should be really good. I also have a feeling the unredacted text dump has not really been vetted by the people it will end up hurting the most. I am anticipating a gratifying next week.

The only thing worse than Trump Russia collusion is Wisconsin. 
The talk about small Wisconsin towns that no one cares about is amazing in this thread. The towns mentioned above are a blast in the past because I spent many years in Green Bay and those towns were towns you drove by... never visited for any particular reason.

The talk about small Wisconsin towns that no one cares about is amazing in this thread. The towns mentioned above are a blast in the past because I spent many years in Green Bay and those towns were towns you drove by... never visited for any particular reason.
Just don’t you dare bad mouth Neenah-Menasha

SaintsInDome2006 said:
fatness said:
John Weaver‏ @JWGOP

Hilariously and sadly Hannity also discussing how the declassification review would be a pretext for canning Sessions. Should be nada but of course he’s practically a WH advisor.
One of the positives of this if it happens is it will completely destroy the Q conspiracy as Sessions is said to be a central figure and protected.  

The Times has published a thorough review of Russia's efforts to swing the 2016 election, including discussion of contacts with Trump associates.  It is ... long.  And there's graphs, links, all kinds of stuff. I'm only a third of the way through. It's really well done so far. The part I've most enjoyed so far is that it gets into detail about why Putin would do this, something I've never fully understood. For example:

After Russian troops seized Crimea and carried out a stealth invasion of Ukraine in 2014, relations grew openly hostile. American support for the new government in Kiev and condemnation of Russian behavior heightened Mr. Putin’s rage at being told what he could do and not do in what he considered his own backyard.

If Russia had only a fraction of the United States’ military might and nothing like its economic power, it had honed its abilities in hacking and influence operations through attacks in Eastern Europe. And it could turn these weapons on America to even the score.

By making mischief in the 2016 election, Mr. Putin could wreak revenge on his enemy, Mrs. Clinton, the presumed Democratic nominee, damaging if not defeating her. He could highlight the polarized state of American democracy, making it a less appealing model for Russians and their neighbors. And he could send a message that Russia would not meekly submit to a domineering America.
I'll report back when I finish reading it, which I assume will be mid-2019 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the positives of this if it happens is it will completely destroy the Q conspiracy as Sessions is said to be a central figure and protected.  
Nothing will ever destroy the Q conspiracy.  Anything can be explained away.  That's why everything is phrased so ambiguously and why there's so much of it; so people can see whatever they need to see to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread