What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Spygate Bowl this week (1 Viewer)

How high do you guys think Belichick runs up the score this week on Mangini? I am thinking 61-10.
Why? Was it Mangini's fault the Pats got caught cheating? Not sarcasm, serious question. Who supposedly turned the Pats in, was it the Jets? If not, I don't see why Bellichek would be upset with Mangini. Then again, it is Bellichek.

How high do you guys think Belichick runs up the score this week on Mangini? I am thinking 61-10.
Why? Was it Mangini's fault the Pats got caught cheating? Not sarcasm, serious question. Who supposedly turned the Pats in, was it the Jets? If not, I don't see why Bellichek would be upset with Mangini. Then again, it is Bellichek.
Having you been watching what has gone on between these two coaches over the past couple of years?

I would not want to play against Brady ever, but this is the one week i especially dont. I bet he throws 7 TD's this week, and i am not being sarcastic.

I would not want to play against Brady ever, but this is the one week i especially dont. I bet he throws 7 TD's this week, and i am not being sarcastic.
I have to this week. If it was any week but this week, I would have a 50/50 chance. I figure I am 10/90 to win this week.

I have to this week. If it was any week but this week, I would have a 50/50 chance. I figure I am 10/90 to win this week.
Problem is most teams with Brady are in the playoffs, so if you dont own him, odds are you will be playing against him in the playoffs. I play against him in 2 of my 3 dynasty leagues this week. I dont root for injuries, but if Brady spained his ankle getting off the bus, i would not be to upset.

:lmao: Brady needs five TD passes for the record. At home and against the lousy (and hated) Jets, he'll get that many at a minimum.

Reaper said:
BRADY

Tom Brady after the last matchup in Foxboro.....
And Miami beat New England 21-0 last year. Whats the point? That picture is nothing more than a capsule of why New England will throttle those guys worse than they otherwise would. Well, atleast one of the reasons why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaper said:
BRADY

Thats a good pic. This is what I found on another site:Team W L T Pct

z- New England Patriots 13 0 0 1.000

Buffalo Bills 7 6 0 .538

New York Jets 3 10 0 .231

Miami Dolphins 0 13 0 .000

Burning Sensation said:
Lucky me, I get to play the Moss/Brady owner in a small, cheap league championship!! Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Reaper said:
JETS WIN.... Just like last year.
Both teams are different from last year. Jets are worse and Patriots are better. This would be the utlimate upset if the Jets end the Pats streak but after the beat down on Pittsburgh I don't see the Jets doing much.

Reaper said:
BRADY

The Patriots drubbed the Jets 37-16 in the last matchup in Foxboro. HTH.
Good point... Forgot the playoff rematch.. But, that game was also tight until the 4th qtr and that whacky play with the Jets marching, that turned into a turnover the other way......

Jets played well in both games...

In that regular season game, the Jets won it in the trenches, the OL was knocking people around and the Defense hit Brady....

We'll see....... Yeh, maybe it is a dream but, Divisional games have a history of shocking people....

To the Jets, this season, this would be the Super Bowl...

Reaper said:
Both teams are different from last year. Jets are worse and Patriots are better. This would be the utlimate upset if the Jets end the Pats streak but after the beat down on Pittsburgh I don't see the Jets doing much.
Jets have a QB learning on the fly and actually better talent than last year but, are looking to put it all together and need a few more pieces... I wouldn't necessarily say the Jets are a worse team though., no matter what the record says.Hey, I'll take the points!!!!!

Reaper said:
No, the "ultimate upset" would be if the Dolphins do it the week after. But it would be pretty shocking none the less.

Reaper said:
No, the "ultimate upset" would be if the Dolphins do it the week after. But it would be pretty shocking none the less.
You are correct. I was just thinking about the Belichick/Mangini angle and the "spygate" hype.

davper said:
Burning Sensation said:
:) If Brees scores 25 or more tonight, the 3 seed in our league loses and I'm the 2 seed. Meaning I would play the 4 seed. He has Brady. Needless to say...I'm a HUGE Falcons fan tonight! :P

Reaper said:
scapegoat said:
Reaper said:
BRADY

:shrug: "I have a dream....."
No.. That's a real Picture.
I don't know if you are kidding or not but if it's a real picture, I'd like to see the original. Not too often do you see a guy in his jacket on the field celebrating during a game.
You never saw that Picture after the Jets win last year????????

There's more versions of it in that post linked.......

The guy with the jacket came on the field later - I guess it shows how long Brady was sitting there in the mud. That was the last play and the game was over...

Reaper said:
scapegoat said:
Reaper said:
BRADY

:D "I have a dream....."
No.. That's a real Picture.
I don't know if you are kidding or not but if it's a real picture, I'd like to see the original. Not too often do you see a guy in his jacket on the field celebrating during a game.
You never saw that Picture after the Jets win last year????????

There's more versions of it in that post linked.......

The guy with the jacket came on the field later - I guess it shows how long Brady was sitting there in the mud. That was the last play and the game was over...
Ha, nope. Here it is though. I thought it was fake. LINK

You can see video of all 3 games last year here NFL

All 3 games were good contests.
;) 42-17
Yeah, I said last year..... Hey, if it's me, and I'm a Pats fan, I always look at divisional games with the knowledge that there's been some real crazy games in past, I don't look past any opponent.... I realize I'm dealing with Pat fans though so..... Crown em NOW!!!!

And Yeah, I'm digging here... We're talking about the Greatest Team Ever Vs the lowly Jets but, yeah, I'll hang my hat on some real good Games from LAST YEAR where the individual matchups looked real good at times for the Jets and plays were made in 3 tightly fought games.....

Hey, to the Jets this is their playoffs, this is their Super Bowl... I think to the players and fans you have to be excited just to get a shot at the Champ.

:wub: 42-17
Yeah, I said last year..... Hey, if it's me, and I'm a Pats fan, I always look at divisional games with the knowledge that there's been some real crazy games in past, I don't look past any opponent.... I realize I'm dealing with Pat fans though so..... Crown em NOW!!!!

And Yeah, I'm digging here... We're talking about the Greatest Team Ever Vs the lowly Jets but, yeah, I'll hang my hat on some real good Games from LAST YEAR where the individual matchups looked real good at times for the Jets and plays were made in 3 tightly fought games.....

Hey, to the Jets this is their playoffs, this is their Super Bowl... I think to the players and fans you have to be excited just to get a shot at the Champ.
I typically disagree with Reaper but I think he is right, you always need to be hyper-focused for divisional games. No matter if it's a 3-10 team or not. There is a lot of bad blood and history with these two franchises that extends back further than spygate. Obviously every game is important and you should treat each one equally but to just discount teams is a bit dangerous. As much of a homer as I am, I'm just happy it's a dtermined focused group preparing for the JETS and not me and my over-confident friends.

:bag: 42-17

I typically disagree with Reaper but I think he is right, you always need to be hyper-focused for divisional games. No matter if it's a 3-10 team or not. There is a lot of bad blood and history with these two franchises that extends back further than spygate. Obviously every game is important and you should treat each one equally but to just discount teams is a bit dangerous. As much of a homer as I am, I'm just happy it's a dtermined focused group preparing for the JETS and not me and my over-confident friends.
You don't "Typically Disagree" with Reaper.....You had 1 disagreement with me.. When you started posting a lot here it was in the middle of Spygate and my contention was that it would die off faster if Pats fans ignored it, yet you had to go about it a little differently... You were new and thought you needed to defend everything the Pats did tooth and nail.

I don't recall anywhere where we disagreed on a FOOTBALL issues, just the Pats nonsense.

:goodposting: 42-17

You don't "Typically Disagree" with Reaper.....You had 1 disagreement with me.. When you started posting a lot here it was in the middle of Spygate and my contention was that it would die off faster if Pats fans ignored it, yet you had to go about it a little differently... You were new and thought you needed to defend everything the Pats did tooth and nail.

I don't recall anywhere where we disagreed on a FOOTBALL issues, just the Pats nonsense.
Fair enough. I'm a little antagonistic by nature. When you add that to defense of the Patriots, you in turn, get my poor behavior. I'm working on trying to be a little more Republican (read: less emotion, more rational) on Patriots matters at FBG. It's hard though. I like mixing it up and have difficulty with restraint. Shrek already pointed that out. Which he is right but still...Regardless, you are right that it's the JETS playoffs. It's an AFC East game and they traditionally are battles.

:thumbup: 42-17

The divisional games are normally tough games because they are rivals. New England has no rivals this year. Atleast not in the division. Not to say there havent been big games. They havent admitted it during any given week. Theyre all just "next" in these guys' eyes. Nothing more, nothing less.

:thumbup: 42-17

Fair enough. I'm a little antagonistic by nature. When you add that to defense of the Patriots, you in turn, get my poor behavior. I'm working on trying to be a little more Republican (read: less emotion, more rational) on Patriots matters at FBG. It's hard though. I like mixing it up and have difficulty with restraint. Shrek already pointed that out. Which he is right but still...Regardless, you are right that it's the JETS playoffs. It's an AFC East game and they traditionally are battles.
Fair enough....

Shrek knows... :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread