What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (1 Viewer)

seems like the t-rich haters are jelly they dont have him. cause there is no way you can tell me its a downgrade for him to go to a better team better offense, easier schedule etc
I don't know about downgrade, but he probably gets less carries than he was with Cleveland and he has more competition for touches, with less knowledge of the playbook/audibles.

So is this a 1st and 4th as someone said above, or just the 1st?

Next years draft better be HELLIFIED good...2 firsts, 2 thirds, and 3 fourths would help immensely.

I'm sure the phone call went something like this:

Irsay: We'll give you a first round pick for TRich

Whoever in CLE: Well, we have thought about dealing him - but I think we'll shop around and see what we can get.

Irsay: If you hang up this phone, this deal may not be available tomorrow.

CLE: Okay, we'll take it
No, it was more like this.

Irsay: "Your Trent Richardson. Give him to me. Now!"

CLE: "Here, here, take him!!!"

Call it what you like. It just shocking to me that anybody could think the Browns screwed up here.

Trent's a nice RB, but very few RB's are worth a 1st round pick.
Pardon me for not being excellent...you're insane.
I think he's actually right about he 1st round pick part. It's not clear to me the Browns screwed up here from a team structure perspective. From a fan facing perspective they're really going to have to work to spin this and not take a big attendance/viewership hit this season.
It's unlikely the Browns will get a RB of Richardson's caliber with that 1st, which might even be #32.

It may work out for them if they end up with Bridgewater and he turns into a stud but on value alone of the pick/player involved it's a big loss for them.

FBG asleep at the wheel here? Looking for fantasy advice and silence....
A lot of them are posting advice on Twitter right now.
I subscribe to FBGs. I don't subscribe to twitter.
I just got the news alert from them, so I don't think they are that far behind. I think Twitter is definitely the best for instant analysis. Just bookmark this; no subscription necessary: https://twitter.com/sigmundbloom

How does a team throw in the towel after two weeks? Does this mean the injury to Weeden is worse than it seemed?
It's not throwing in the towel. It's a brilliant trade for CLE and terrible one for IND. I knew Irsay had a big mouth, but I didn't realize he was this bad.
You are out of your mind. The Browns just have up the 2014 season. You don't trade guys during week 2 for draft picks. You wait until the season is over and trade them. What do you sell your fan base on? What about the other 52 guys? What do you tell them? They don't care about the future of the franchise and 2014.

A give up move that puts immense pressure on the young qb they draft, since they are clearly tanking the entire season to get one.
If they could've gotten a 1st in the off-season, that would've been great, but it's so incredibly rare that a team will give up a 1st for a RB, that if you get the offer, you take it.

I really don't see it having a big negative impact on the players. This trade doesn't dramatically change the course or outcome of the 2013 season for the Browns.

Last edited by a moderator:
seems like the t-rich haters are jelly they dont have him. cause there is no way you can tell me its a downgrade for him to go to a better team better offense, easier schedule etc
I don't know about downgrade, but he probably gets less carries than he was with Cleveland and he has more competition for touches, with less knowledge of the playbook/audibles.
but it could also take that 3.5 yards a carry up to 4 to 4.2 yards a carry

This just broke bro. It takes a certain level of production to get this stuff together. If you need to make a move, use your own abilities instead of waiting for someone to manage your teams for you. These sites are guides.
Really bro? How long does it take to send out an e-mail? Longer than twitter?

How does a team throw in the towel after two weeks? Does this mean the injury to Weeden is worse than it seemed?
It's not throwing in the towel. It's a brilliant trade for CLE and terrible one for IND. I knew Irsay had a big mouth, but I didn't realize he was this bad.
You are out of your mind. The Browns just have up the 2014 season. You don't trade guys during week 2 for draft picks. You wait until the season is over and trade them. What do you sell your fan base on? What about the other 52 guys? What do you tell them? They don't care about the future of the franchise and 2014.

A give up move that puts immense pressure on the young qb they draft, since they are clearly tanking the entire season to get one.
If they could've gotten a 1st in the off-season, that would've been great, but it's so incredibly rare that a team will give up a 1st for a RB, that if you get the offer, you take it.

I really don't see it having a big negative impact on the players. This trade doesn't dramatically change the course or outcome of the 2013 season for the Browns.

I can't imagine the Browns players think this tanks the season. Some are sure to even be excited about getting some more touches.
It's incredibly rare that a RB like TRich is even available.

Great move for the Colts. They knew they needed to spend a high draft pick on a RB next year (or go free agency) in order to have a solid running game, it's something they left on the back burner while upgrading at other positions. What they do now is trade next year's mid to late first rounder on that very RB, only he's available to help them win now. Plus, you know what you're getting in T Rich, you don't have to worry about him being a bust. His floor is reasonable, his ceiling is off the charts, and he's a fantastic receiver that adds to Luck's weapons. Great move.

For Cleveland...well, someone put it best earlier when they said they're trading it all away at a shot at a miracle savior. But they won't be the first to do that. Hell, the Redskins did it just last year in their move up for RGIII.

@JeffDarlington: A Browns starter tells me: "It makes sense. Trent has some things he needs to figure out before he becomes a dominant player in the league."

This just broke bro. It takes a certain level of production to get this stuff together. If you need to make a move, use your own abilities instead of waiting for someone to manage your teams for you. These sites are guides.
You can't be serious. There is a chain of command that needs to be addressed. They need to put together the advice which often requires collaborating, produce the info and then put it out into an email, followed by site content. Twitter takes about 30 seconds.

Call it what you like. It just shocking to me that anybody could think the Browns screwed up here.

I think he's actually right about he 1st round pick part. It's not clear to me the Browns screwed up here from a team structure perspective. From a fan facing perspective they're really going to have to work to spin this and not take a big attendance/viewership hit this season.
It's unlikely the Browns will get a RB of Richardson's caliber with that 1st, which might even be #32.

It may work out for them if they end up with Bridgewater and he turns into a stud but on value alone of the pick/player involved it's a big loss for them.
The Browns just fasttracked themselves to a top 3 pick with their own pick, they might not even need to trade to get their top guy. Now they'll have another pick in the 20's with which to additionally shore up the offensive line. Richardson wasn't getting them to the playoffs as it was, geniuses Chudzinski and Norv had figured out how to minimize his talents, so why not. Maybe they'd seen enough Richardson to decide he wasn't that great. The real question you'd have to have for the front office is - have you made a solid decision going with the Chud/Norv brain trust.

@JeffDarlington: A Browns starter tells me: "It makes sense. Trent has some things he needs to figure out before he becomes a dominant player in the league."
It just makes me angry that he can now become that dominant player for another franchise. Colts trading away Marshall Faulk comes to mind...maybe the colts will be on the other end of the stick this time around...

I just thought Jim Irsay was tweeting while drunk again. Should have known especially after they moved from Baltimore in the middle of the night

Anything can happen in the NFL, but this pick ain't gonna be in the 30's.

IND went 11-5 last year, but with a negative point differential. They'll likely make the playoffs because the AFC stinks, but this isn't some juggernaut yet.

They can certainly get a player in the 20's worth more to them than a RB, and if it happens to be the pick that greases the wheels to move up and get a franchise QB, then it's a slam dunk.

You can't be serious. There is a chain of command that needs to be addressed. They need to put together the advice which often requires collaborating, produce the info and then put it out into an email, followed by site content. Twitter takes about 30 seconds.
:goodposting:

Don't think anybody is saying its a downgrade, but have you ever even for a second imagined the frightening thought that......he's not that good?

To be fair they have many times sent out a quick email as a "heads up" then followed it 15 minutes later with more detail. Would of been nice in this case.

Worst trade in history?
No, not even close.

Raiders dealing away a 2012 1st rounder and a 2013 2nd rounder for Carson Palmer, while Palmer was relaxing on the couch collecting money from the Bengals was way worse.

Cowboys trading away Herschel Walker and some leftover trash for three 1sts, three seconds, a third and a sixth, which netted them Emmit Smith, Darren Woodson and allowed the build a decade long dynasty at the expense of the Vikings. Way worse.
The Palmer trade isn't THAT bad since the Raiders were desperate for a QB.
It was pretty pathetic. They had no real shot at a winning season when they executed the Palmer trade. Many naysayers on that deal predicted Palmer wouldn't even be with the team after the season. The naysayers were right, OAK front office (or loose fascimilie) was wrong, as usual.

How much further along would Pryor be in his development right now if the Raiders had instead just put him in the lineup and let him start taking his lumps? Willing to bet that had they done this, they could have retained yet 2 more draft picks that they squandered on Matt Flynn in April.

The only thing keeping these moves from being even worse is that the Raiders piss away their draft picks anyway, which lowers the value of their picks relative to 31 other teams, so they might as well deal them away since they squander them when they hold on to them.

People forgetting the colts o line is terrible this year. Did anyone mention that?

Anyone who watches can see that. He's living off a Bama aura that was perpetuated by winning behind 4 high end NFL offensive lineman and a cut and pasted workout video. He's got the gifts, but he needs to improve on his NFL IQ. He leaves a lot of production left on the field.

Don't think anybody is saying its a downgrade, but have you ever even for a second imagined the frightening thought that......he's not that good?
Not if you watched him run in college. Man among boys. Colts make some smart moves.

Right now the Saints GM better be making 20 calls just to be sure someone won't give up their star RB.

"Hey Minny GM...how's it going? Say, would you trade Peterson for a first round pick? No? Really? Ok, just checking."

"Hey Tampa GM...how's your mom and them? Good to hear. Would you accept an offer of a first round pick for Doug Martin? No? Thought not, just checking"

"Hey ....

This, as a TRich owner, scares me. I think it says a lot and there is a lot that we don't know....behind closed doors.

Like the trade for both, not sure I LOVE it for anyone.

Cleveland gets another building block, and gets good value for a player that plays a position that is eminently replaceable, there are lots of backs that can help the Browns down the road. Heck, Ben Tate and DMC are free agents next spring. Forget about which player next year, the Browns will be players in that draft, for sure.

Colts trade a mid to late 1 for a 'right now' player, that immediately helps just about everyone on offense. How many late 1st rounders do nothing for their new team? Lots of them.

Good for both, I think.
:goodposting:

I can't imagine the Browns players think this tanks the season. Some are sure to even be excited about getting some more touches.
We could go chicken and egg here, but I think RB's like T-Rich don't come available often because teams don't normally toss out 1st round picks for them.

Right now the Saints GM better be making 20 calls just to be sure someone won't give up their star RB.

"Hey Minny GM...how's it going? Say, would you trade Peterson for a first round pick? No? Really? Ok, just checking."

"Hey Tampa GM...how's your mom and them? Good to hear. Would you accept an offer of a first round pick for Doug Martin? No? Thought not, just checking"

"Hey ....
Really. Imagine, a 1st and Ingram could have netted TRich in NO? That would have been something.

One of these days I'd like to ask Loomis why he wouldn't throw a 3rd instead of a 4th at Biffalo to get Lynch. And then he spent two 1sts on Ingram.

I'm sure the phone call went something like this:

Irsay: We'll give you a first round pick for TRich

Whoever in CLE: Well, we have thought about dealing him - but I think we'll shop around and see what we can get.

Irsay: If you hang up this phone, this deal may not be available tomorrow.

CLE: Okay, we'll take it
In case anyone noticed, Money Ball was on TV last night :construction:

:fishy:

You know nothing about football, do you, guppy?

Users who are viewing this thread