What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised Trumpkins are banging their pots and pans in the ''boys who are girls'' track team thread.  

Not much fun to be a Trumpkin these days, he's not giving you much to work with.  

Not surprised Trumpkins are banging their pots and pans in the ''boys who are girls'' track team thread.  

Not much fun to be a Trumpkin these days, he's not giving you much to work with.  
It's honestly gotten to a point where the value of this board has been degraded.  Just the same crap, same smilie faces, breitbart links (if there's any "source" at all), avoidance, deflection and obfuscation.

Just a number of posters whereby I see their name, or see they quote me or whatnot, and I don't even bother reading as I know there's simply nothing constructive nor of value provided by them.

I miss arguing with folks like @IvanKaramazovor @Yankee23Fan back when "they" were the voices of conservative thought. It made me think, reflect, even change my opinion at times.  Now? Just ####### worthless noise.

That said, while the value of debate and discussion here has really been hurt, the news value and insights from @SaintsInDome2006and @Henry Ford do bring a lot to the table. :thumbup:  

PS - to build on my last post / rant.... this is actually an issue worthy of legit discussion. It's not black and white, and we should have a forum whereby we can posit ideas, thoughts, opinions and perhaps even change them as discourse continues.

None of that positive discourse is brought by the usual suspects.  If anything, it just makes me more skeptical of folks in real life who tend to share some of their views. 

It's honestly gotten to a point where the value of this board has been degraded.  Just the same crap, same smilie faces, breitbart links (if there's any "source" at all), avoidance, deflection and obfuscation.

Just a number of posters whereby I see their name, or see they quote me or whatnot, and I don't even bother reading as I know there's simply nothing constructive nor of value provided by them.

I miss arguing with folks like @IvanKaramazovor @Yankee23Fan back when "they" were the voices of conservative thought. It made me think, reflect, even change my opinion at times.  Now? Just ####### worthless noise.

That said, while the value of debate and discussion here has really been hurt, the news value and insights from @SaintsInDome2006and @Henry Ford do bring a lot to the table. :thumbup:  
So kind of you to mention how awesome those of us from Louisiana are.  Please help us in ostracizing most of Texas, all of Mississippi and Alabama, and the Florida panhandle.

So kind of you to mention how awesome those of us from Louisiana are.  Please help us in ostracizing most of Texas, all of Mississippi and Alabama, and the Florida panhandle.
Don't mess with Texas.  Now with .0001% more NY attitude. 

What evidence are you referring to? 
Well I listed it yesterday but I'll recap. The sarin collected after the first attack did not match the profile of the Syrian sarin they had stockpiled. We have sources in German intelligence saying they intercepted communication between Assad and his generals where Assad told them not to use chemical weapons. We have Seymour Hersh's reporting that his European intelligence sources said they didn't accept the American intelligence, they thought it was manipulated. We have members of the Turkish government calling for an investigation into the Turkish Intelligence service for providing the Sarin to AQ and the Levant to carry out the attack so America would get involved. The DIA put out a report talking about Al Nusra having very advanced capabilities when it came to sarin production. We have members of Al Nusra arrested in Turkey with sarin. We also know both the Saudis and the Turks were trying to buy sarin precursors, tens of kilograms worth. So Tim the facts didn't match the implication put forward in 2013.

Now we get to this attack. The president of the US has made it clear he has no interest in getting really involved in Syria. This message was put out on several fronts a few days ago. Assad has already won really. The rebels are done and with no US intervention they have no real chance against Assad and the Russians. So this thing is in the bag. Only one thing could derail it. The US coming charging in. So who wins if there is a chemical attack on a bunch of civilians and the US gets sucked in? The rebels? Oh yeah because without us they are done. The Turks? Yes they want Assad gone and they want us to do it. The Saudis? Yes because they will get to run their pipeline into Europe after we invade and take over. You know who the losers are Tim? Assad and Russia. Assad may be many thing but stupid and suicidal don't seem to be among those things.

No, Sean didn't mean that Hitler, he was referring to Hitler, James the White House porter's bulldog who comes to the White House with James every 3rd Saturday of the month. Anyone who works weekends here knows little Hitler likes to toot but never when other dogs are present. If Sean made a mistake it was when he said Hitler never gassed his own people. What he meant to say was Hitler never gasses fellow canine.

We have members of the Turkish government calling for an investigation into the Turkish Intelligence service for providing the Sarin to AQ and the Levant to carry out the attack so America would get involved.
More than that.  Eren Erdem and Ali Şeker held press conferences, at least one of them claiming to have in their hands intelligence that provided ample evidence to convict.

Of course, I haven't seen a verification of that evidence

I mean, is it really a surprise that the Anne Frank center might not take kindly to the old "the holocaust was bad, but this is REALLY bad" argument?

I don't believe in a slavish adherence to Godwin's Law, but I think we could all recognize what I'll call The Spicer Corollary.  Which is that any comparison that is designed to make Hitler look better by comparison is probably inappropriate. 
probably should be recorded to urban dictionary or something

Is it the board's fault that our president is a maniacal, self centered narcissist and the team he has put around him are a bunch of corrupt, treasonous crooks and imbeciles  (and James Mattis)

Well I listed it yesterday but I'll recap. The sarin collected after the first attack did not match the profile of the Syrian sarin they had stockpiled. We have sources in German intelligence saying they intercepted communication between Assad and his generals where Assad told them not to use chemical weapons. We have Seymour Hersh's reporting that his European intelligence sources said they didn't accept the American intelligence, they thought it was manipulated. We have members of the Turkish government calling for an investigation into the Turkish Intelligence service for providing the Sarin to AQ and the Levant to carry out the attack so America would get involved. The DIA put out a report talking about Al Nusra having very advanced capabilities when it came to sarin production. We have members of Al Nusra arrested in Turkey with sarin. We also know both the Saudis and the Turks were trying to buy sarin precursors, tens of kilograms worth. So Tim the facts didn't match the implication put forward in 2013.

Now we get to this attack. The president of the US has made it clear he has no interest in getting really involved in Syria. This message was put out on several fronts a few days ago. Assad has already won really. The rebels are done and with no US intervention they have no real chance against Assad and the Russians. So this thing is in the bag. Only one thing could derail it. The US coming charging in. So who wins if there is a chemical attack on a bunch of civilians and the US gets sucked in? The rebels? Oh yeah because without us they are done. The Turks? Yes they want Assad gone and they want us to do it. The Saudis? Yes because they will get to run their pipeline into Europe after we invade and take over. You know who the losers are Tim? Assad and Russia. Assad may be many thing but stupid and suicidal don't seem to be among those things.
Unfortunately this post falls into a lot of the traps that conspiracy theorists, both from the left and right, often engage in. Your second sentence, which I bolded, is the only piece of purported actual information in your entire post, and I'd be interested in seeing the source for it. I must tell you that I don't trust Seymour Hersh, nor do I trust Egyptian intelligence. I would agree with your assertion that if 2013 turned out to be false, that would make this latest use of chemical weapons more questionable. But, and no offense, your evidence for this seems very flimsy to me, and you provide NO evidence for the doubting the most recent use.

Your second paragraph is based on pure speculation, and reminds me very much of Oliver Stone's film JFK in which he attempted to explain who benefited from Kennedy's assassination and then used that to "prove" the conspiracy by working backwards. This is again very predictable conspiracy theorist behavior. 

NC Commish, I don't believe that most conspiracy theories emerge without motivation. I think this particular one is really no different, in formation, from the JFK theory, or the Truther theory, or the Birther theory, or dozens of others I could name. It would not shock me if the main reason you don't believe Assad used these weapons is that you don't want to believe that Assad used these weapons, because it may lead to responses on our part that you don't want to see occur. And in writing this I do not mean to be insulting, since I am often, perhaps much more than you, just as guilty of cognitive dissonance when it comes to putting aside unpleasant facts that I do not wish to accept. 

Check This Sheet Out.

President Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday that Russia had information that the United States was planning to launch new missile strikes on Syria, and that there were plans to fake chemicals weapons attacks there.

Putin was speaking hours before U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was due to arrive in Moscow for talks with Russia's foreign minister and days after denouncing last week's U.S. missile strike on a Syrian air base as illegal.

Standing alongside Italian President Sergio Mattarella who was in Moscow for talks, Putin, when asked by a reporter if he expected more U.S. missile strikes on Syria, said:

"We have information that a similar provocation is being prepared ... in other parts of Syria including in the southern Damascus suburbs where they are planning to again plant some substance and accuse the Syrian authorities of using (chemical weapons)."

He did not offer any proof for that assertion.
And the student has become the teacher.  Amazeballz.

It's like Putin is saying, ''It can't be that easy, is it?  Let's give this a shot...."

I think there's only a few people that are guilty of what you're complaining about. I don't mind mentioning them by name:

robjk

Dr. Oadi

Phase In the Game

Max Threshold

Hell Toupee

Rambling Wreck

The Busy The Tired (Eminence) 

These guys are not all alike, but they are similar to the extent that they would rather mock what others have written than engage in discussion, or, in the case of the first two, throw out incendiary statements, arguments, and links without attempting to explain, defend, or engage. IMO, their presence weakens whatever current affairs discussion they are in, and frankly I believe we'd be better off without their input. 

I think you're making an error equivocating Trump supporters = conservative thinkers.  They're not.  They're authoritarian thinkers.
I didn't mean to infer that these Trumpienne posters are true conservatives - but that voice has been lost / drowned out for the most part sadly.  It's hard to have your assumptions challenged when the poster just earns no respect to begin with. Too much energy is spent by people on the left, moderate left, middle, moderate right and "traditional" conservatives fighting the outlandish bull#### of a few that we've lost a lot of the important doscission of the finer points of, well, everything. 

Dan Rather‏Verified account @DanRather 1h1 hour ago

I do not see how Sean Spicer can be allowed to continue in his current position.

https://www.facebook.com/theDanRather/posts/10158496956680716 …

It is with sadness that I do not know where to begin. Today in a briefing, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer issued a statement that is so far beyond the pale, so tone deaf and blind to history and our precarious moment in world affairs, that it is with only a heavy heart that I even bring attention to it. There can be no joy in such incompetence.

In trying to make the case for the Administration's policy in Syria and vis a vis Russia which is confused to be generous, and wildly chaotic to be more precise, Mr. Spicer said, “We didn’t use chemical weapons in World War II. You know, you had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons.” He continued, “So you have to, if you are Russia, ask yourself: Is this a country and a regime that you want to align yourself with?” When asked to clarify, Mr. Spicer said, "“I think when you come to sarin gas, he (Hitler) was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing.” Mr. Spicer went on to mention "Holocaust centers," in an apparent reference to the Nazi concentration camps.

This line of rhetoric is so unhinged, so amateurish, so lacking in the context and perspective necessary for statesmanship and diplomacy that I do not see how Mr. Spicer can be allowed to continue in his current position. But in the end, this is less about him and more about an Administration that is inserting itself in a civil war and now is plunging into a drastic reformulation of American foreign policy without any clear sense that they have a plan. When you try to explain such a situation, it is understandable that your words don't make sense.

A bar, already set low, continues to drop.

Unfortunately this post falls into a lot of the traps that conspiracy theorists, both from the left and right, often engage in. Your second sentence, which I bolded, is the only piece of purported actual information in your entire post, and I'd be interested in seeing the source for it. I must tell you that I don't trust Seymour Hersh, nor do I trust Egyptian intelligence. I would agree with your assertion that if 2013 turned out to be false, that would make this latest use of chemical weapons more questionable. But, and no offense, your evidence for this seems very flimsy to me, and you provide NO evidence for the doubting the most recent use.

Your second paragraph is based on pure speculation, and reminds me very much of Oliver Stone's film JFK in which he attempted to explain who benefited from Kennedy's assassination and then used that to "prove" the conspiracy by working backwards. This is again very predictable conspiracy theorist behavior. 

NC Commish, I don't believe that most conspiracy theories emerge without motivation. I think this particular one is really no different, in formation, from the JFK theory, or the Truther theory, or the Birther theory, or dozens of others I could name. It would not shock me if the main reason you don't believe Assad used these weapons is that you don't want to believe that Assad used these weapons, because it may lead to responses on our part that you don't want to see occur. And in writing this I do not mean to be insulting, since I am often, perhaps much more than you, just as guilty of cognitive dissonance when it comes to putting aside unpleasant facts that I do not wish to accept. 
Don't project Tim. I don't know why you mention Egyptian intelligence since I didn't cite them. Hersh has been proven right a lot more often than you have. I didn't invent the Turkish MPs calling for an investigation. I didn't invent the DIA brief. I didn't invent the arrest of Al Nusra members in Turkey with sarin. I didn't invent the reports leaking from German Intelligence. In fact everything I cited is based on reporting by usually reliable sources. And the conclusion I draw is that at best we don't know who did the attack. I certainly can't say Assad did it based on what is out there. So with that doubt in hand after several years of no proof that Assad did it and so much evidence for some other actor I choose to stay unconvinced in the wake of no evidence on this new attack. And yet you decide to ignore all of that information, trash Hersh, bring up something I didn't mention then accuse me of not wanting to believe something so i didn't? The irony is rich and deep.

I think there's only a few people that are guilty of what you're complaining about. I don't mind mentioning them by name:

robjk

Dr. Oadi

Phase In the Game

Max Threshold

Hell Toupee

Rambling Wreck

The Busy The Tired (Eminence) 

These guys are not all alike, but they are similar to the extent that they would rather mock what others have written than engage in discussion, or, in the case of the first two, throw out incendiary statements, arguments, and links without attempting to explain, defend, or engage. IMO, their presence weakens whatever current affairs discussion they are in, and frankly I believe we'd be better off without their input. 
Then quit always replying to them Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread