What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vibe I see is one side acting peacefully and the other side instigating and initiating violence.  That's what happened today.  It was a pro-Trump rally to celebrate free speech.  The Antifas crashed it and caused all sorts of violence, including throwing ten M-80's into the crowd.  Up to this point the level of violence between sides hasn't been remotely close.  Going forward - that may be a different story.
Oh come on.  Pretty much anybody STILL going to these "protests" is looking for a fight.  And that applies to both sides.  

Watch the videos.  There are no innocents here.  Just a bunch of clowns aching for a fight to break out. 

No one mentioned anything about harassment, and I'm pretty sure "I skate better than your mom," doesn't count as fighting words.

Hypocrite.
You are such an idiot.  The guy is about to get jumped by 6 or 7 punks.  He turns around, faces them head on, and pops the one challenging him right between the eyes.  And you defend the Commie scumbag ANTIFA's.  You're an embarrassment to manhood.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are such an idiot.  The guy is about to get jumped by 6 or 7 punks.  He turns around, faces them head on, and pops the one challenging him right between the eyes.  And you defend the Commie scumbag ANTIFA's.  You're an embarrassment to manhood.
No one touched him; they have the same freedom of speech he does.  You want his rights protected, and not theirs.

Hypocrite.

You're completely wrong about the anti-Trump meetings. There were tens of thousands of folks in New York today. It's a completely different vibe, from what I see, from the pro-Trump crazies. 
:lmao:  

Thanks for enlightening me about the New York protesters. FYI, every office I've worked in for the last decade has been on 5th Ave between 23rd St and 10th St. Personally, I consider Union Square to be base camp for protesters, take a look at a map. At least 2-3x a month they're marching up 5th Ave - how many NY protesters have you engaged with in the last decade? For me, the number is somewhere between 100-200. Never argumentative, bc quite honestly, there is nothing to be gained there. More of a "hey, what are you guys protesting about?" Possibly the dumbest subset of people out there, some can't string together 3 coherent sentences.

The Occupy Wall Street ones were my favorite, they were so cute - I wish I would've recorded some of those, could've started a Comedy Central show, no shtick.

So respectfully, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Both sides are overwhelmingly fringe lunatics, and if you or anyone else doesn't see that, might be time to take a look in the mirror.

:lmao:  

Thanks for enlightening me about the New York protesters. FYI, every office I've worked in for the last decade has been on 5th Ave between 23rd St and 10th St. Personally, I consider Union Square to be base camp for protesters, take a look at a map. At least 2-3x a month they're marching up 5th Ave - how many NY protesters have you engaged with in the last decade? For me, the number is somewhere between 100-200. Never argumentative, bc quite honestly, there is nothing to be gained there. More of a "hey, what are you guys protesting about?" Possibly the dumbest subset of people out there, some can't string together 3 coherent sentences.

The Occupy Wall Street ones were my favorite, they were so cute - I wish I would've recorded some of those, could've started a Comedy Central show, no shtick.

So respectfully, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Both sides are overwhelmingly fringe lunatics, and if you or anyone else doesn't see that, might be time to take a look in the mirror.
Good point about Tim looking in the mirror. He's a fat dude making fun of fat chicks. :lmao:

No hypocrisy at all. If I saw 7 pro-Trump supporters accosting a lone guy holding a flag in a hostile, threatening manner, I'd feel the exact same way.  But you sit on the toilet when you pee, so you don't understand what I'm talking about.
Complete hypocrisy; you want your guys free speech protected, but when others respond by exercising their free speech, you think they should be punched in the face; because they don't share the same beliefs as you do.

Hypocrite.

Complete hypocrisy; you want your guys free speech protected, but when others respond by exercising their free speech, you think they should be punched in the face; because they don't share the same beliefs as you do.

Hypocrite.
It ceased being free speech when they started converging on him, threatening him, and brandishing a knife.  Now go pluck your eyebrows little hipster.  You bore me.

Look at you with all the anti-South bigotry.  Any other stereotypes you want to call out?  Oh yeah, you forgot stupid.  And racists too, right?
Anti-South? Hell no. Trump fans are everywhere. I used Kentucky, but it might as well be Bakersfield. Anywhere that's only a few miles from the monster truck show...

It ceased being free speech when they started converging on him, threatening him, and brandishing a knife.  Now go pluck your eyebrows little hipster.  You bore me.
They were in the park when he arrived; they had as much right to be there as he did.  "I skate better than your mom" isn't a threat, and the knife wasn't revealed until AFTER he assaulted them.

Hypocrite.

What is wrong with you? Seriously. You never used to make middle school insults like the bolded or:

No hypocrisy at all. If I saw 7 pro-Trump supporters accosting a lone guy holding a flag in a hostile, threatening manner, I'd feel the exact same way.  But you sit on the toilet when you pee, so you don't understand what I'm talking about.
And you complain that people won't engage you in a meaningful discussion. Really?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh come on.  Pretty much anybody STILL going to these "protests" is looking for a fight.  And that applies to both sides.  

Watch the videos.  There are no innocents here.  Just a bunch of clowns aching for a fight to break out. 
Yeah this is 100% true.  These are all angry people that want to fight and have found a platform to do it without too many repercussions.

They were in the park when he arrived; they had as much right to be there as he did.  "I skate better than your mom" isn't a threat, and the knife wasn't revealed until AFTER he assaulted them.

Hypocrite.
No, the knife was brandished before and after the fight.  That is why they black kid asked "What are you going in your pockets for?  You gonna pull out a knife too?"  They were trying to surround him.  He had to keep looking over his shoulder because he was about to get jumped.  Any real man knows that in a situation like that you have to protect yourself.  And if that means throwing the first punch in a 1 on 7 fight you do it.  But once again you wouldn't know anything about any of this. 

No, the knife was brandished before and after the fight.  That is why they black kid asked "What are you going in your pockets for?  You gonna pull out a knife too?"  They were trying to surround him.  He had to keep looking over his shoulder because he was about to get jumped.  Any real man knows that in a situation like that you have to protect yourself.  And if that means throwing the first punch in a 1 on 7 fight you do it.  But once again you wouldn't know anything about any of this. 
You can keep making up stuff; doesn't make it true.

You want your guys freedom of speech protected & not the free speech of those who disagree with you.

Hypocrite.

To an extent it does include you.  You basically called me a racist in here yesterday for posts I made that had no racism in them at all.  You bring good content at times, and you're a good guy in my book, but that was out of line.
I didn't basically call you anything.  And again, if you can't see that, good luck moving forward. We don't have much to discuss if you won't read my words and take them as written.

Yeah this is 100% true.  These are all angry people that want to fight and have found a platform to do it without too many repercussions.
Just watch the vids from Berkeley today and Huntington Beach last month.  Idiots from both sides come loaded for bear.  

One guy in HB sucker punched someone with brass knuckles for god's sake.

I'm not making anything up, Baywatch.  It's in the video, it's in the blogs, and it's in the police report.  Read up on it little man.
Again, you can make things up; doesn't make them true.

The video shows no knife; blogs are biased depending on who writes them, & the police report says the other guy allegedly had a knife, based on your guy's report.  So again, you want free speech for your guy, but not for those who don't agree with you.

Hypocrite.

I didn't basically call you anything.  And again, if you can't see that, good luck moving forward. We don't have much to discuss if you won't read my words and take them as written.
Here's what you wrote:

That opinion - that "identity politics only serves to divide the nation" - in a vacuum is not racist.  Using it to explain the article in discussion at the time is. 

I'm afraid I'm a lawyer at heart these days. I take cases and controversies into discussion for the most part.  In this case and controversy, your expressed opinions and probing questions were firmly on the side of an overtly racist agenda being expressed.  

It appears that I was incorrect in believing you "got" that.  That's very disappointing. 
Bolding added by me...  you said that I used my argument of identity politics to explain the article and that was racist.  So yeah, technically you didn't call me a racist but you most definitely said that something I did was racist.  Which once again was bull ####.  I never used that argument to explain the article - at all.

Again, you can make things up; doesn't make them true.

The video shows no knife; blogs are biased depending on who writes them, & the police report says the other guy allegedly had a knife, based on your guy's report.  So again, you want free speech for your guy, but not for those who don't agree with you.

Hypocrite.
:lmao:  The video doesn't show a knife?  Go to bed Baywatch.  You're embarrassing yourself little man.

Here's the way I see it. When you spend an inordinate amount of time bringing up and fretting over racist issues, maybe a good bit more self reflection time is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread