What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Russian Navy is off our coast and they've taken advantage of the turmoil to introduce their new intermediate-range land-based missle system. We respond with crickets.

I'm beginning to think this Mr. Trump isn't quite the hard-nosed deal-maker he's been made out to be.
I never understood why people called Trump an unstable madman who will get us in war, but tried to provoke him against a nuclear power in Russia.

So the Russian Navy is off our coast and they've taken advantage of the turmoil to introduce their new intermediate-range land-based missle system. We respond with crickets.

I'm beginning to think this Mr. Trump isn't quite the hard-nosed deal-maker he's been made out to be.
Trump agreed to the One China policy, and in return will get approval to use his name on hotels in China and other trademarks his companies applied for last year will get fast-tracked.  That was a pretty good deal.  Not a good deal for the country, but that's gonna help out international expansion of the Trump Organization a lot.

I know Trump said he wouldn't be involved in Trump Organization business while in office, and promised the Trump Organization wouldn't close any new international deals while he was in office, but by now I think we've learned not to take him literally.

There's a gap, a chasm really, between provoking and rolling over in capitulation.
Yea true, but they were provoking, #### was getting serious at the end of election. Clinton's CIA man Morrell wanted to kill russians and iranians in Syria, and do a no fly zone and safe zones that would require 30k us troops in syria. A democrat Hastings from Florida has proposed legislation to give authority to Trump to go to war in Iran, no cosponsers last time i checked. 

Because Russia's been rolling out the "fighting terrorism" ruse for months now to commit war crimes in Syria without, you know, actually fighting any terrorists.

Or did you buy that one too?
Yes they are fighting terrorist that we armed, including al-Qaeda, Kerry said in a leak we saw ISIS grow in Syria and were hoping it would make Assad negotiate but the Syria invited Russia in. 

Here's what I'm going to say here that I can't say anywhere else. As I've mentioned, I'm a died in the wool Republican. Live in a fly over state. Have never voted D in my life. Voted McMullin in this election. In my opinion, if you voted for Trump, you should lose your right to vote. That's how strongly I feel about it. I am married to a woman who voted for Trump, I know for sure that at least 2 of my 4 children voted for Trump. Both my father and mother in law voted for Trump, I know for certain one of my sister in laws and husband voted for Trump. I don't believe any of them should be able to vote again. If you felt like this was the answer you clearly are either not intelligent enough to make big decisions or you just didn't care and decided to vote down the line R without any concern for our country. I'm not posting this to offend anyone here who did vote for him, I'm posting here to vent because I can't say it anywhere else. What a nightmare.

Here's what I'm going to say here that I can't say anywhere else. As I've mentioned, I'm a died in the wool Republican. Live in a fly over state. Have never voted D in my life. Voted McMullin in this election. In my opinion, if you voted for Trump, you should lose your right to vote. That's how strongly I feel about it. I am married to a woman who voted for Trump, I know for sure that at least 2 of my 4 children voted for Trump. Both my father and mother in law voted for Trump, I know for certain one of my sister in laws and husband voted for Trump. I don't believe any of them should be able to vote again. If you felt like this was the answer you clearly are either not intelligent enough to make big decisions or you just didn't care and decided to vote down the line R without any concern for our country. I'm not posting this to offend anyone here who did vote for him, I'm posting here to vent because I can't say it anywhere else. What a nightmare.
i hear what you're saying but we can't take the vote away from trump voters. our politics needs to speak to and help out trump supporters, no matter who they voted for this last time around. 

maybe check yourself in and talk to a professional?

I feel you could say same thing about Clinton, I voted Stein but would have voted Trump over Clinton. half of voters of trump and clinton were voting only against the other candidate. I'm sick of seeing this McMullin guy, CIA/Goldman sach's man, the media just gives coverage to whoever the republican and democratic parties want, on democratic side it was Kzahir Khan, apparently an expert on the constitution with no credentials. McMullin was eligible for 40 electoral votes, the Constitution Party was eligible for 400, I didn't see them on TV once.

I feel you could say same thing about Clinton, I voted Stein but would have voted Trump over Clinton. half of voters of trump and clinton were voting only against the other candidate. I'm sick of seeing this McMullin guy, CIA/Goldman sach's man, the media just gives coverage to whoever the republican and democratic parties want, on democratic side it was Kzahir Khan, apparently an expert on the constitution with no credentials. McMullin was eligible for 40 electoral votes, the Constitution Party was eligible for 400, I didn't see them on TV once.
McMullin, like Sasse, is a constitutionalist. I guess if you've got problems with that I'm not sure what to say. And actually anti R D's are promoting McMullin because he actually has a backbone to stand up to the coward R's who won't stand up to Trump. And they are cowards.

squistion said:
That can't be true. They couldn't have any proof, because Tone1Loc (or maybe it is ToneLoc1) and I are not the same person.

Please provide a link to back up your claim or quit repeating this falsehood about what two mods supposedly claimed in the test forum.

Or, in the alternative, please name who the two mods are, so they can be questioned to verify what you say is true. I am very curious how or where they came up with this because it makes absolutely no sense to me.
Squist, nobody cares. Nobody is forcing you to participate, so either do or don't, but quit being a crybaby. Nobody cares. If I felt like I was being persecuted, I'd probably just leave and do something that didn't upset me so much.

Is Kellyanne Dimwit gone too now? Maybe I'm late to the party, I was at the Nebraska/Penn St basketball game. Trump's official and POTUS Twitter accounts have both unfollowed her and supposedly she removed Trumps pic from her profile.

McMullin, like Sasse, is a constitutionalist. I guess if you've got problems with that I'm not sure what to say. And actually anti R D's are promoting McMullin because he actually has a backbone to stand up to the coward R's who won't stand up to Trump. And they are cowards.
yes anti R D's promoted Morrell from the CIA endorsement and also Meg Whiteman who called Trump Hitler but wanted to know who Clinton's Vice President was before she endorsed her. They believe Bush, Romney, and Mccain weren't so bad after all, even though they all would have supported TPP, all loved foreign interventions, and may have done a muslim bad but without being stupid enough to call it that. McMullin was just trying to play a spoiler for the Republicans, take away Utah. I wasn't criticizing McMullen I was criticizing the media coverage he received, Why cover a guy who can get 40 electoral college votes and not 270 and not cover the constitution party who could receive 400. The world is filled with brilliant experts in many subjects but they put on tv who ever the establishment likes.

I have no doubt that I often disagree with your politics, but I appreciate your perspective and your willingness to move for country over party.

Is Kellyanne Dimwit gone too now? Maybe I'm late to the party, I was at the Nebraska/Penn St basketball game. Trump's official and POTUS Twitter accounts have both unfollowed her and supposedly she removed Trumps pic from her profile.
I think the reports of her being unfollowed by the Potus and Trump twitter accounts are fake news--but that's just what's been reported on a few websites. However--she apparently retweeted a white nationalist and is now denying that it was her.  What a mess this organization is.

Stein? No thank you. I tried to like her. I tried to like Gary Johnson. Hell, I tried the hardest to like Hillary. In the end I just voted for the guy I liked the most. If I lived in a more competitive state I'm sure I would've voted Hillary just to do my part to try to keep the Trumpsanity out of the White House.

I liked that McMullin was like a concientious objector in the Trumpublican Party. While I haven't voted R in a long time I still find most of their core beliefs to be (or at least were) admirable, reasonable and well-thought out. We've gone far, far off the rails in that department.
Not Stein, this lady https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloria_La_Riva If you like Green Party or Libertarian party, I think it's irrelevant if you personally like the candidate, they aren't going to win but you help the party by getting them to 5% and if you are progressive you show democrats that you're a voter who shows up and that your vote could potentially be theirs if they fielded the right candidate, and same to republicans by voting libertarian. I don't agree with mcmullin, he tired to play spoiler for the republican establishment accept he had nothing to lose, in fact he gained from it's publicity, if it was mccain or another republican serving in congress then it would be a little different. You liked Bernie but your vote has been recorded for a goldman sachs and CIA candidate, opposite of what Bernie stands for. Just my stupid and respectful opinion though, as a green I hate people telling others who to vote for.

Democrats are pathetic, wait till 2013 to do filibuster reform, don't do nuclear option to get garland in, have filibuster reform not apply to supreme court and then lose election and watch as republicans might do nuclear option as if they couldn't be foreseen. Do I have that right? Democrats are basically paid losers, to give some kind of appearance of opposition to republicans. Merkley and Udall were only dems in favor of strong filibuster reform if I remember correctly. 

Interesting I think you can get close to even money on donald trump being impeached on some sites but you can also get close to -115 on democratic party winning presidential election in 2020. I don't believe betting yes on impeachment or not completing full term is a good bet but if those are the correct odds, it makes the democratic party bet a good value.

Conversation this morning with my CEO:

BL: (pointing to the top fold of the NYT) Wow this Flynn/Russian thing sure makes the administration look incompetent

HMFIC: whaddyamean

ME: Well I mean they knew about it & sat on it for three weeks

H: Well we don't know if they knew anything

M: DoJ informed them

H: Maybe they wanted to confirm it

M: The conversation was taped. There are transcripts 

H: YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET ME TO SAY THEY'RE INCOMPETENT. I THINK THEY'RE DOING GREAT ####

M: :mellow: OK
Start brushing up on that cv and hiding money on general principle---

He called Russia the biggest threat and geo-political foe to America.

Now he's a ####ing lapdog.
I call BS on him ever using the term "geopolitical."

He probably said it's a big, big problem, and they're bad people. Although in this instance I think he said they're no worse than we are. 

Eh, who cares. 

A large % of Trump supporters are old and bitter people.  They didnt get  "their's ."   They look at the more diverse future of the country and want to burn it down.

Their #### life is done.  They want someone to take it down.  Trump being nuts?  They love people freaking out.  Misery enjoys company.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about McChrystal?  He's under consideration and a JSOC guy. 
Fun fact. 

McChrystal became JSOC commander in September 2003.

You know who became JSOC's intelligence director in July 2004? Michael Flynn.

Here's some more info: "Perhaps no individual other than McChrystal himself was more responsible for turning JSOC into an information age war-fighting machine over the next couple of years than Colonel Mike Flynn, who replaced another Army colonel, Brian Keller, as JSOC's intelligence director in July 2004" (Naylor "Relentless Strike" 257).

Furthermore: "The catalyst to turn so many of these concepts into reality was then-Colonel Mike Flynn, TF 714's J2 or intelligence chief. After I sought his appointment, he joined our force in July 2004 and for the next three years would direct every aspect of the intelligence that is the lifeblood of counter-terrorist and counterinsurgency operations" (McChrystal "My Share of the Task" 156).

Continued: "When the chairman had first told me I'd be heading to Afghanistan, I'd had the presence of mind to task him to let me take selected talent from his staff, and immediately identified Charlie Flynn's older brother, Mike, as the first and most important. Mike had helped transform TF 714, and I had a hunch the Afghan war effort's gathering and use of intelligence needed similar retooling" (McChrystal 290).

But then there is this: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442350/mike-flynn-wrong-pick-national-security-adviser

For a start, critics say that Flynn exaggerates his accomplishments. Take Flynn’s service as the director of intelligence at Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) during the Iraq War. Appointed by acclaimed JSOC Commander General Stanley McChrystal, Flynn was involved in operations to destroy al-Qaeda in Iraq. But Flynn’s opponents believe that he takes too much credit for his Iraq experience. One individual who served with Flynn at JSOC describes him as General McChrystal’s yes man. McChrystal was a good leader, the individual says, Flynn had a tendency to bully anyone who disagreed with his assessments on operational strategy.

This individual, who requested anonymity, also says Flynn was not responsible for the intelligence successes that helped JSOC effectively crush al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI). He says two other officers, Wayne Barefoot and Michelle Schmidt, were key. Barefoot is the “rock star,” he says, who revolutionized JSOC’s understanding, penetration, and targeting of AQI networks and cells. But this individual also told me that Flynn’s unpredictable nature at JSOC earned him the nickname “firehose.” The meaning? That unless held firmly to a task, Flynn would spray off dangerously in all directions. 
Anyways, just some background info that I've recently come across. Nothing more, but given the connections the two men share dating back to their time in JSOC, it would be sort of funny if McChrystal replaced Flynn as National Security Advisor. 

I think McChrystal is certainly qualified. I have no reason to think he isn't, but I'm sure others out there know more about him than I do, so my opinion is kind of meaningless on the matter. I'm sure NS Advisor is a different type of job than some of the positions he held during his military career, but I have no reason to doubt his ability to adapt. By all accounts, he's a very intelligent man. 

Democrats are pathetic, wait till 2013 to do filibuster reform, don't do nuclear option to get garland in, have filibuster reform not apply to supreme court and then lose election and watch as republicans might do nuclear option as if they couldn't be foreseen. Do I have that right? 
No, you don't.  Democrats were in the Senate minority.  They couldn't "do nuclear option to get Garland in."  

A large % of Trump supporters are old and bitter people.  They didnt get  "their's ."   They look at the more diverse future of the country and want to burn it down.

Their #### life is done.  They want someone to take it down.  Trump being nuts?  They love people freaking out.  Misery enjoys company.
The hits keep coming for this guy :lmao:

Yeah.  He has gone from being cleaver and sort of humorous to insulting people who have a different viewpoint.  Seems to be a problem with many of the rabid Trump-haters, they must take jabs at anyone with a different opinion. 
Let's not burst gussy's bubble.  This is the best thing he has going on in his life...  Insulting 51% of the country...  I still don't think they realize they are in the minority.  Poor guys...  Let's not interrupt them though, they are about to crack this nut with all of their awesome investigative message boarding. :tinfoilhat:

Let's not burst gussy's bubble.  This is the best thing he has going on in his life...  Insulting 51% of the country...  I still don't think they realize they are in the minority.  Poor guys...  Let's not interrupt them though, they are about to crack this nut with all of their awesome investigative message boarding. :tinfoilhat:
Whether they are in the majority or minority makes little different.  People should not continually insult others.  Of course pointing out this behavior gets me four days off.  But that is how the moderation on this forum works. 

I have it on good report that the behind the scenes talks are in regards to Russia and Us taking over the world, with Russia receiving the Eastern hemisphere and Us the western. At that point the plan is to both launch all of our nukes and finally see who has the biggest penis . The code name is Last man standing. Of course I have this from an unnamed source and have to add that it hasn't been officially confirmed. 

Whether they are in the majority or minority makes little different.  People should not continually insult others.  Of course pointing out this behavior gets me four days off.  But that is how the moderation on this forum works. 
I love the insults.  That usually means they are really irritated.  If it's bothering them this much 2 months in, I can only imagine the glorious meltdowns come summer time when he still isn't impeached.   The impeachment talk is F'ing great.  I love reading that here. :lmao:

I love the insults.  That usually means they are really irritated.  If it's bothering them this much 2 months in, I can only imagine the glorious meltdowns come summer time when he still isn't impeached.   The impeachment talk is F'ing great.  I love reading that here. :lmao:
A lot of the same people who spent the last eight years mocking 'tea-baggers' are now acting as bad as the worst examples they pointed out.  It is funny in a sad way. 

I have it on good report that the behind the scenes talks are in regards to Russia and Us taking over the world, with Russia receiving the Eastern hemisphere and Us the western. At that point the plan is to both launch all of our nukes and finally see who has the biggest penis . The code name is Last man standing. Of course I have this from an unnamed source and have to add that it hasn't been officially confirmed. 
I heard they were going to play a game of Risk to see who gets what.  :coffee:

How were you insulted?

I think Trump could have committed treason.  I have no idea.  He could have paid Russia money, or made extremely illegal promises. If so, I'm sure it will come out.

But the release of damaging info was damaging, because it looked really bad for Hilary.  I.e. It was true. 

If Chinese spies had produced Trumps "grab her" recording, it still wouldn't change the fact that the recording showed what his character was.
If the Clinton Campaign were then working with the Chinese Intelligenge agencies on when to release that recording for maximum impact, that might be considered working to sabotage the election process, no?

Because it's true?
Because it's inflammatory.

Because people who voted for Trump are not a monolith.

Because there are not 62,985,106 brainless Americans.

But you already knew all that.

Your thread titles have often been humorous, but today is over the line IMO.

This thread about to be shut down by a half dozen Trump supporter aliases & the site owner whose temperament is remarkably similar to PotUS.

You've exacerbated a tenuous situation.

But you knew all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread