What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know for certain if Trump is anti Semitic.

I do know for certain that he often admires and revels in the adoration of many people who are.
In reality it's Dan Scavino his social media director who likely has the knowhow to strip a meme or gif into a new tweet, but its happened too many times with the lifting or retweeting from anti-Semitic handles. There are no consequences. Reality is Trump does no diligence on anything or anyone.

Trump fans continue to love it whenever he attacks the media, but what they fail to realize is that Trump isn't one of them. They (the base of the Republican Party) hate the news media because they believe that it's biased against them and their issues. But Trump doesn't care about that: he's only pissed at the media because he thinks they dislike him. Trump would enjoy nothing more than to be a media darling once again. He desperately longs to be loved and respected. 

Trump fans continue to love it whenever he attacks the media, but what they fail to realize is that Trump isn't one of them. They (the base of the Republican Party) hate the news media because they believe that it's biased against them and their issues. But Trump doesn't care about that: he's only pissed at the media because he thinks they dislike him. Trump would enjoy nothing more than to be a media darling once again. He desperately longs to be loved and respected. 
Doesn't that description of Trump make him exactly "one of them"?  They may not feel disliked personally only because their names don't show up in the media, but they feel disliked because they believe the media doesn't like "their kind".  They would like nothing more than to be media darlings who are "liked" by the media.

The guy who made the gif is a white supremacist, antisemitic cultist, calls Trump 'God Emperor', like the white supremacists. Those people exist. But for the most powerful man in the world, in a position we always used to call leader of the free world, to send it out, is actually crazy and on the level of oath breaking IMO. Trump does not care about his position or the effect of broadcasting this self described ####### to the world. 

Ignore for the moment Trump's fantasy of attacking CNN, or the effect of making this SOB an internet star. This is an older man, over 70, who spent OUR time as a public servant on this. On July 4th weekend he did not exhort patriotism or democracy. In the midst of a health care battle he was not working on that. Pending bills and legislative matters, foreign policies or crises did not interest him. All that mattered to him yesterday morning was trying to enrage CNN and MSNBC and liberals, and that's all his followers care about. The whole presidency is a joke, an extremely dangerous joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy who made the gif is a white supremacist, antisemitic cultist, calls Trump 'God Emperor', like the white supremacists. Those people exist. But for the most powerful man in the world, in a position we always used to call leader of the free world, to send it out, is actually crazy and on the level of oath breaking IMO. Trump does not care about his position or the effect of broadcasting this self described ####### to the world. 

Ignore for the moment Trump's fantasy of attacking CNN, or the effect of making this ####poster an internet star. This is an older man, over 70, who spent OUR time as a public servant on this. On July 4th weekend he did exhort patriotism or democracy. In the midst of a health care battle he was not working on that. Pending bills and legislative matters, foreign policies or crises did not interest him. All that mattered to him yesterday morning was trying to enrage CNN and MSNBC and liberals, and that's all his followers care about. The whole presidency is a joke, an extremely dangerous joke.
Someone has been warning you all about this for years.

I'm talking, of course, about the former president.

Someone has been warning you all about this for years.

I'm talking, of course, about the former president.
I don't think he was the only one to say it, but he was the only one to say it from personal experience. - There actually used to be a bs line that Trump would change once president, or that he would be controlled or hemmed in. We don't hear any of that anymore. Trump supporters have a sunk cost self-esteem issue. Trump will just drag them wherever they have to go to not admit how completely broken this situation is.

I don't think he was the only one to say it, but he was the only one to say it from personal experience. - There actually used to be a bs line that Trump would change once president, or that he would be controlled or hemmed in. We don't hear any of that anymore. Trump supporters have a sunk cost self-esteem issue. Trump will just drag them wherever they have to go to not admit how completely broken this situation is.
I think Trump supporters are on the rebound with him from Obama.  They hated Obama soooo much, soo hard, for soo long, they they've rebounded hard...to a person so unlike Obama in almost every way it would be comical if it weren't a reality that affected us all.

The vitriol towards a pretty decent guy in Obama, a thoughtful guy, an honest guy, a person with integrity...forced the Trump supporters to rebound to the opposite...to a person with no decency, no integrity, no intellectual stature, to someone who lies brazenly, who boasts, who insults opponents.

In their anger and rage, given an outlet, they chose Trump on the rebound, and brought the rest of the country along for the 4 year long one night stand with a loser.

They also said he would surround himself with the best people and that would make up for his inexperience.

They fell for a lot of BS and won't admit it.

They also said he would surround himself with the best people and that would make up for his inexperience.

They fell for a lot of BS and won't admit it.
Ignorant people are too ignorant to realize when they've done something ignorant.

Intelligent people have too much pride to admit they did something so clearly ignorant.

'Merica in a nutshell on July 3, 2017.

I'm spending the weekend at a mountain resort (Lake Arrowhead). We went with some neighbors who have two daughters close to my daughters' age, so we're relaxing and having fun together. 

Anyhow, I never discussed politics before with these particular neighbors but I learned, at poolside yesterday, that they are huge Trump fans. I asked them politely if they were at all concerned about the latest series of tweets and it turned out they were unaware. Upon questioning them further, I discovered they were unaware of almost ALL of the various scandals since Trump has become President, and also his failure to produce legislative results. 

So now I wonder how many millions of people are like this, and I also wonder if, despite everything, Trump gets re-elected by people who simply aren't paying attention? 

When your values have you aligning with a truly vile human being like Trump, there should come a moment when you have to ask yourself "How did my moral and intellectual compass get this corrupted where I can view his comments and actions and not be morally and intellectually repulsed?"

I'm spending the weekend at a mountain resort (Lake Arrowhead). We went with some neighbors who have two daughters close to my daughters' age, so we're relaxing and having fun together. 

Anyhow, I never discussed politics before with these particular neighbors but I learned, at poolside yesterday, that they are huge Trump fans. I asked them politely if they were at all concerned about the latest series of tweets and it turned out they were unaware. Upon questioning them further, I discovered they were unaware of almost ALL of the various scandals since Trump has become President, and also his failure to produce legislative results. 

So now I wonder how many millions of people are like this, and I also wonder if, despite everything, Trump gets re-elected by people who simply aren't paying attention? 
Of course they're unaware. How would they know?  They don't use Twitter, don't talk politics with non-Trump fans, don't watch or read political news unless there's an election coming up. I know a number of people like this. 

This is why turning out your base matters more than winning the middle.  I'm sure there are lots of partisan republicans who are not in a hurry to follow the #### gibbon closely.

I think the majority of 35+ year old Americans have never been on twitter unless they work in technology.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Bouncing around his Rasmussen lows again:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 44% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-six percent (56%) disapprove.

The latest figures for Trump include 27% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 46% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19. (see trends).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jul3

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 44% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-six percent (56%) disapprove.

The latest figures for Trump include 27% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 46% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19. (see trends).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jul3
These are the key numbers. We pretty much know what his approval ratings will look like for the rest of his presidency.  But it's the passionate people who vote at midterms and make donations and who will be known quantities ahead of 2020. By all accounts this split is widening, even as pundits express amazement that his overall approval rating remains in the high 30s.

This has been my experience as well. From the Trump supporters I have spoken with, it is simply enough that Obama is gone and HRC is not president.

White supremacists, ignorant morons, and spineless cowards who just want to see their 'side', win may be a minority but they're an extremely vocal one who will use every dollar and trick they have to have this continue. Trump won't care if his support falls even further and his party may fight him on a couple matters but they'll still mostly go along with whatever he wants. 

Ah, the pitfalls of being a narcissist.

How's everyone's holiday weekend going??
Pretty lame, thanks for asking. I'm stuck at work and chatting on the internet with people in the same predicament and/or people so horrified by the awfulness of the president of the united states that they felt the need to commiserate.

Could be worse, though. I could be someone with nothing better to do on a holiday weekend than weakly troll those people.

Of course they're unaware. How would they know?  They don't use Twitter, don't talk politics with non-Trump fans, don't watch or read political news unless there's an election coming up. I know a number of people like this. 
Yep.  The information they receive is entirely different.  Hell, if like Hannity and Fox and Friends were my only sources for news and I socialized with people in a similar situation, I'd love the guy, too.  

Pretty lame, thanks for asking. I'm stuck at work and chatting on the internet with people in the same predicament and/or people so horrified by the awfulness of the president of the united states that they felt the need to commiserate.

Could be worse, though. I could be someone with nothing better to do on a holiday weekend than weakly troll those people.
Sorry to hear that. That's a shame

Yep.  The information they receive is entirely different.  Hell, if like Hannity and Fox and Friends were my only sources for news and I socialized with people in a similar situation, I'd love the guy, too.  
If only there was some way we could get people to understand that if you have one person or small group of people telling you, rather loudly, that you can't trust anyone but them to tell you the truth, you probably shouldn't trust them. 

Teaching about the rise of Mussolini and Fascism today...

Must....not....mention....*gasp*....Trump.....arrrrgggg....
Just don't mention Mussolini's name the entire time. Describe his tactics, lifestyle, tendency to change facts and his own history to fit his narrative, constant explanations that he was an expert in everything.  Go on and on and on.  And then ask the class to guess the name of who you're describing.  

Then tell the little idiots they're wrong, you were actually talking about Mussolini.

Just don't mention Mussolini's name the entire time. Describe his tactics, lifestyle, tendency to change facts and his own history to fit his narrative, constant explanations that he was an expert in everything.  Go on and on and on.  And then ask the class to guess the name of who you're describing.  

Then tell the little idiots they're wrong, you were actually talking about Mussolini.
A pretty dangerous tactic to use in this territory.

Most people just go with "as long as it doesn't effect me I'm fine with whatever". 

LMAO. You guys are doing a bang-up imitation of a screeching pack of frightened primates stroking each other for comfort all by yourselves.

No trolling required.

This reminds me of the scenes in Airplane where everyone Ted Striker talks to gets so bored they commit suicide.  You sound like a real blast.  

This has been my experience as well. From the Trump supporters I have spoken with, it is simply enough that Obama is gone and HRC is not president.
To be fair HRC was evil and it's a good thing she's not POTUS.

While many of the policies that are currently being implemented are distinct improvements to patch up recent history, Trump himself is personally derelict.  If I could have the same these policies in a Rubio-suit (or Pence-suit) it would be a great day.

To be fair HRC was evil and it's a good thing she's not POTUS.

While many of the policies that are currently being implemented are distinct improvements to patch up recent history, Trump himself is personally derelict.  If I could have the same these policies in a Rubio-suit (or Pence-suit) it would be a great day.
Which policies in particular are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread