What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice you didn’t say his statements were incorrect...because they aren’t.  
Sorry, forgot I was in the PSF.

Yes, the statements below are false, inflammatory and do nothing but fire up a large group if people to vote for 4 more years of chaos.

They act like they all fought in the revolutionary war.  His base is an embarrassment to our country.

Yes, the statements below are false, inflammatory and do nothing but fire up a large group if people to vote for 4 more years of chaos.

They act like they all fought in the revolutionary war.  His base is an embarrassment to our country.
Well maybe they actually don’t think they fought in the revolutionary war but the rest is spot on.

Trump absolutely apologize for this. He won't but that should be the expectation It was way out of line. If someone said this publically about their coworkers, they would probably be fired or suspended. 

Just curious -- what do you think is the "real issue" behind Trump stating that a non-white natural-born American should go back to the country they came from?
Reread and return to the discussion once you can follow along.
JD said Trump's base loves his tweets.

Trump's latest tweets are undoubtedly racist.

You said JD's post fails to understand the "real issue".

So, my question for you is: what "real issue" is JD failing to understand when he criticizes the support of racist tweets?

Where’s our resident Trump supporters on this?  Cmon this is the person you’ve attached yourself to, come on out and tell us how he’s right and correct.
They appear to think its not racist and everyone else os wrong for saying so and that we are cheapening the words racist.

Somehow this, like we have been told about criticism of Trump before, will just strengthen him and his supporters.

sim·i·le

/ˈsiməlē/

noun

a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphatic or vivid (e.g., as brave as a lion, crazy like a fox ).

Trump’s base is eating his tweets up.  They love it.  Meanwhile none of them did #### to deserve the US other than winning the birth lottery.  They act like they all fought in the revolutionary war.  His base is an embarrassment to our country.
This post is an inflamatory rant insulting millions of people as if they are all one person ending with all of them being an embarassment to our country.

It has little to do with the actual tweets and neither do my replies.  I hate Trump, don't watch Fox News, don't listen to talk radio, didn't vote for him and won't next round.  I don't even know what stupid POTUS tweets are being discussed.

I think the whole mantra that people who support Trump are ignorant and racist is stupid and insulting.

The real issues are increasing poverty, homelessness, drug abuse and mental illnesses and a declining middle class.  That's why people voted for Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump’s base is eating his tweets up.  They love it.  Meanwhile none of them did #### to deserve the US other than winning the birth lottery.  They act like they all fought in the revolutionary war.  His base is an embarrassment to our country.
This post is an inflamatory rant insulting millions of people as if they are all one person ending with all of them being an embarassment to our country.

It has little to do with the actual tweets and neither do my replies.  I hate Trump, don't watch Fox News, don't listen to talk radio, didn't vote for him and won't next round.  I don't even know what stupid POTUS tweets are being discussed.

I think the whole mantra that people who support Trump are ignorant and racist is stupid and insulting.

The real issues are increasing poverty, homelessness, drug abuse and mental illnesses and a declining middle class.  That's why people voted for Trump.
First off, maybe you should familiarize yourself with Trump's latest tweets before jumping into the conversation?

Second, JD didn't say "people who support Trump" -- he said "Trump's base". There's a difference.

Thirdly, for you to cite "poverty and homelessness" as the "real" issues relating to JD's post.......well, that is, quite frankly, a cheap cop-out.

Its like Hillary’s deplorables comment.  People quit listening to what she said in full and wrongly stated she called all supporters deplorable.  Then they ran out and made and bought shirts proclaiming themselves to be deplorable.  Forgetting that she specifically said what made up the  deplorables.

Was she dumb in even making the statement?  Yes.  Was her actual point wrong?  No, not at all.

Couple things here.  JD's comments don't say they are racist and doesn't say they are stupid.  It says they love what he's saying and for the most part he's right.  He knows his loyalists.  He observed them and has fed on their support from day one.  He knows what they want to hear.  That shouldn't be in dispute at this point.  I should also point out that "Trump's base" <> "Trump Supporters"....you can be a supporter (ignoring the awful things and minimizing them to get the important things you want) and not part of the base.  Those people are merely enablers if that's a distinction that matters to you...should make you feel a little better.

Ironically, this portion of the post DOES suggest they are stupid.  Who'd vote for Trump if these were the "real issues" they cared about?  He doesn't talk about ANY of these in any meaningful way.  There is no meaningful action being dedicated to any of them either.  So what do we label the person who votes for someone based on issues important to them but not important to the person they are voting for?

Haven't each of these "issues" worsened with Trump policies and the way Congress has legislated in his first two years? Is there an argument that each of these "issues" has gotten better under Trump?

There's a lot of interesting scholarship on why people voted for Trump, and most researchers can't find a clear link between preference for Trump and economic anxiety or deaths of despair.

Did declining social mobility cause Trump's rise? In a word, no.

From research found in "Identity crisis":

...After accounting for partisanship, self-reported ideology, and views of racial inequality, there were generally weak relationships between these measures of economic anxiety and how people voted in 2012 or 2016. Moreover, these relationships were not consistently any stronger in 2016 than in 2012. Even an omnibus measure of economic anxiety that included responses to all four questions was not much more strongly related to how people voted in 2016 versus 2012. Any change in this relationship from 2012 to 2016 was not statistically significant. Meanwhile, even after accounting for economic anxiety, the relationship between racial attitudes and vote choice was large and clearly larger in 2016 than 2012. Similarly, research by political scientists Brian Schaffner, Matthew MacWilliams, and Tatishe Nteta found that changes in household income had little relationship to changes in people's votes between 2012 and 2016, but racial attitudes did.

I spend a good deal of time on another forum that’s more pro Trump than this one is anti Trump.  There’s a thread there pages long just loving on his tweets today.   Trump’s base does act like they have some special right or deserve to be in the US.  They fail to see the irony that Trump married two first generation immigrants but he’s tell people actually born in the US to go back where they came from.  He’s clearly implying that if you’re not white, even if born here, you’re less of a citizen.  His base see this and think it’s the best thing ever.  Sorry if the truth hurts your feels.

I spend a good deal of time on another forum that’s more pro Trump than this one is anti Trump.  There’s a thread there pages long just loving on his tweets today.   Trump’s base does act like they have some special right or deserve to be in the US.  They fail to see the irony that Trump married two first generation immigrants but he’s tell people actually born in the US to go back where they came from.  He’s clearly implying that if you’re not white, even if born here, you’re less of a citizen.  His base see this and think it’s the best thing ever.  Sorry if the truth hurts your feels.
There is an excuse for everything. Well, not an excuse, but reasoning.

Trump’s base is eating his tweets up.  They love it.  Meanwhile none of them did #### to deserve the US other than winning the birth lottery.  They act like they all fought in the revolutionary war.  His base is an embarrassment to our country.
Some of them act as if they fought in the civil war, with the flags and whatnot

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Good reply from reddit

Blatant racism aside, how about the absurdity of getting mad about elected representatives  “telling us how the government should be run”? Isn’t that literally what the American people elected them to do?
Says a lot more about FDR and the nondelegation doctrine than most people care to admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread