What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Voice" , new singing talent search show (1 Viewer)

Dia

Beverly

Javier

Vicci

This is my order. Beverly may not be anything special too look at and who the hell cares if she shakes her head. She can sing. She knocked the duet with Christina out of the ballpark last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
DiaBeverlyJavierVicciThis is my order. Beverly may not be anything special too look at and who the hell cares if she shakes her head. She can sing. She knocked the duet with Christina out of the ballpark last night.
Beverly is a very good singer who I wouldn't care if I never heard sing again. Her voice does nothing for me.

'parrot said:
'krsone21 said:
DiaBeverlyJavierVicciThis is my order. Beverly may not be anything special too look at and who the hell cares if she shakes her head. She can sing. She knocked the duet with Christina out of the ballpark last night.
Beverly is a very good singer who I wouldn't care if I never heard sing again. Her voice does nothing for me.
Beverly is a stronger singer than Dia, but you can't sell something that old and ugly to the masses.

'parrot said:
'krsone21 said:
Beverly is a stronger singer than Dia, but you can't sell something that old and ugly to the masses.
Stronger, maybe...Better or more unique? No.

'parrot said:
'krsone21 said:
Susan Boyle's success says differently.

'parrot said:
'krsone21 said:
Stronger, maybe...Better or more unique? No.
I don't find Dia's voice that unique. It's different compared to the contestants she is against, but her voice is not that unique among a lot of indie folk singers.

'biggamer3 said:
xenia or whatever is gonna be first boot from the first 4 for sure. Dia, Javier are final 2 100%

That fat dude who thinks he is one of the members of Rascall Flatts sucks.

I like Vicci a lot as well
Stone cold lock
Are they doing it that way? I guess probably, but who knows because they probably have all 4 perform a song Id guess. But they might announce some kind of vote right from the start, knockout whoever got the least votes, then halfway thru knock the 3rd place off. Dont know. Surprised its only an hour long finale.For me, Bev is the clear benchwarmer of the 4

'parrot said:
'krsone21 said:
Susan Boyle's success says differently.
Pop/Rock is different from musical theater/opera stuff, where fat ladies are the norm.Beverly looks the part of a rocker, but I don't think a middle-aged female newcomer will be a hit with most consumers. Especially when they have 3 younger, more attractive singers to chose from.

Yeah, but Id guess the gay vote goes has helped Bev get to this point. It might help boost her to 3rd even. Lots of them out there.

That may have been the worst performance I have ever heard. Ever.

Edit for clarification: Bald Beverly and the One Republic dude. Horrible.

My first time turning on this show tonight...and I tune in as soon as Stevie and that guy were singing. My dog took the remote from my hand and changed the channel...

I dont get what theyre doing with these duets tonight. They couldve pick great artists and great songs, but they didnt. Now I thought Stevie Nicks didnt sound too good, but at least she kind of fills both of those catergories. I switched back to NBC after they announced the song with Bev, and had no idea what song it was or who the guy was/what bands he's from, and they had Nicci sing a song I think most people hope they never hear again. I couldnt name a Miranda Lambert song if my life depended on it either.

They shouldve went with classic, pre-90's songs in all cases, with recognizable and famous artists.

[blakeshelton] It makes sense to me now, why Ive felt the way I have these last few weeks. Seeing you, sing that song with my wife, made me finally realize how bad I want to have a 3 way with you [/blakeshelton]

So Dia got the most votes, and her song was #1 on itunes, Javiers #2, but she loses??? Was it total itunes sales thru the whole competition or something? Slightly confused.

So Dia got the most votes, and her song was #1 on itunes, Javiers #2, but she loses??? Was it total itunes sales thru the whole competition or something? Slightly confused.
Dia didn't get the most votes ... Javier did. The itunes thing is a part of voting and she beat him there. But more people either texted in or voted online for Javier.

[blakeshelton] It makes sense to me now, why Ive felt the way I have these last few weeks. Seeing you, sing that song with my wife, made me finally realize how bad I want to have a 3 way with you [/blakeshelton]
Exactly my thoughts. Did anyone else think his wife was staring daggers through Dia during the song?

PREDICTABLE

Not sure how long Javier can extend his 15 minutes but i think he will be more relevant those the past few American Idol winners.

Lee who? Kris Allen? David Cook? that Sparks linebacker?

This was Javier's to lose the entire time.
I kind of agree but I think Dia was very strong as well.I also wasnt aware of this until I searched youtube tonight, but Javier had been given a chance already apparently 8 yrs ago:

...I feel a little bit cheated, to be honest.

She's got a pretty face, but I imagine her boobs are pretty flat and saggy. And would it kill her to throw in some heels for the finale?

This was Javier's to lose the entire time.
I kind of agree but I think Dia was very strong as well.I also wasnt aware of this until I searched youtube tonight, but Javier had been given a chance already apparently 8 yrs ago:

The list goes on.

These aren't all amateurs like American Idol.

She's got a pretty face, but I imagine her boobs are pretty flat and saggy. And would it kill her to throw in some heels for the finale?
How the hell can a woman be flat and saggy?

Many of them have had 'chances'. Dia has released a couple albums under "Meg and Dia". Although, apparently you can hear her mom's dishwasher in the background of one song. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=meg+and+dia&x=0&y=0

Kelsey Ray, who I think was booted by the sisters:

Yes, this is more for the "toiling in anonymity" crowd. Happy for Javier. Also think it is nice that the 2nd tier (Frenchie, Nakima, etc) get consolation prize of a national tour.

I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere in the thread, but can someone tell me what the winner (Javier) receives? Cash, record deal, anything?

Something I just read this morning and thought I should pass along...apparently Universal Republic has the option to sign any other contestant on The Voice to a record deal within 30 days of the show ending. You have to think that with Dia's iTunes success they have to be seriously considering signing her.

and when she's in her mid-20's....Pretty sure Dia ain't saggin'

and when she's in her mid-20's....Pretty sure Dia ain't saggin'
Like an unrolled tube socks? :mellow: UU

1st time watching this show. Whats the deal with Cee Lo? He's kind of a giant midget with those freaky short arms.

Users who are viewing this thread